2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

SkyPro - really impressive

I just bought myself a Ping Ketch heavy putter with counter balanced adjustable shaft but now I am not sure what to specify in the length setting of the putter when you calibrate it in SkyPro. The SkyPro basically sits in the middle of the shaft as the grip is a lot longer than on normal putters. Will that make a difference to the numbers?

One idea for a future update would be to include face to path relationship on putts. I was on a quintec putting system yesterday and I am producing a lot of hookspin which causes even straight putts to miss left. The face to path would give you a good indication whether you add sidespin.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='william47' timestamp='1445888935' post='12509234']
Have a couple of questions about skypro If someone could answer. First is i feel like i take the club way to inside on the backswing and was wondering how skypro measures this and does it gibe a ideal position that it should be.

Second is there any news of any new features coming to the skypro.

Thanks William
[/quote]

You want to look at the 'Take away angle at half back'. But there is no 'ideal' value for everyone.

Btw there are help pages for each of the parameters. Just click on the 'Swing xxx' title on the top to bring up the list of measurements and then click on the parameter you are interested in. That will open the help section and will generally give you an idea of what 'normal' values are.

Hi ParHunter,

I am using my skypro with my counterbalanced putter since last year and it works great but as you say, you have to tweak the numbers ;-)
I discussed this with Gord when I bought my putter and this is how it works :
[color=#282828]Take the length of your club (38 inches) [i]subtract[/i] the distance from the very butt end of the club to the top of the SkyPro, then [i]add[/i] 11.4 inches (standard grip length). [/color]

[color=#282828]You should do this only once as the setting should be saved in your skypro settings ;-)[/color]

[color=#282828]Enjoy![/color]
[color=#282828]Cheers,

_Fred_[/color]

Hey guys,

Shortgamer143: glad you like SkyPro and find it so useful! Thanks for posting.

ParHunter: just wanted to confirm that what _Fred_ said is correct. Thanks Fred!

William47: we have some new features in the works, although they've been pushing back a bit by the iPhone 6s. The new force touch has introduced a few small bugs that we need to patch up first, so that will likely be the next update.

Gord

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1445967052' post='12513666']
Hey guys,

Shortgamer143: glad you like SkyPro and find it so useful! Thanks for posting.

ParHunter: just wanted to confirm that what _Fred_ said is correct. Thanks Fred!

William47: we have some new features in the works, although they've been pushing back a bit by the iPhone 6s. The new force touch has introduced a few small bugs that we need to patch up first, so that will likely be the next update.

Gord
[/quote]

Does that mean the SkyPro will get force touch? I have the 6s and haven't noticed any bugs recently (apart from that the swing keeps zooming onto the head at impact which is quite annoying).

Hi Gorde,

I have a suggestion for the Skypro and thats real time feedback for "groove"

I have 2 problem areas which i'm trying to work on; the back swing lenght being too short and the return angle at half down being too inside.

Right now skypro groove only provides feedback 'after' the swing has been made. Is it possible for the skypro to give real time feedback?

Ie. When my backswing reaches my target of 45 degree to parallel, the app can give a beep or flash green to give me the go ahead to start my down swing.

Getting feedback only after the swing makes it difficult to feel where the club should be at the back swing whereas, with real time feedback i know right away if i have reached my target backswing or not.

Hope its something you can implement.

Thanks

[quote name='gparke' timestamp='1446165650' post='12526394']
Hey Parhunter, glad to hear your 6s is working well. We had seen a bug where you couldn't select a swing from the swing selection screen when it was flipped into full-swing mode. We were also planning to think through force-touch, but don't have any definite plans yet. I'm open to suggestions!
[/quote]

I guess you could add 'short cuts' for Calibrate Iron/Wood/Putter on the SkyPro icon.

In the app itself you could have a 'peek when pressing on a swing on the bottom slider which just gives some numbers (doesn't have to have the 3D although it would be nice).

[quote name='william47' timestamp='1446584682' post='12547324']
Hi guys i don't own a skypro yet just gathering information on it.Does the skypro work with pitch shots or is it full swing only.

Thanks
[/quote]
I think it will even work with chips (although haven't tried that yet). But it does work for putts and they tend to be less than full swing ;-)

[quote name='william47' timestamp='1446584682' post='12547324']Hi guys i don't own a skypro yet just gathering information on it.Does the skypro work with pitch shots or is it full swing only.

Thanks[/quote]

Yes, it works on pitch shots too!

What's In My Bag:

Driver - Titleist TS3 - Tensei Blue Stiff
3W - Titleist TS2 - Kuro Cage Stiff
3H - Titleist 818 H2 - 19 - Tensei Blue Stiff
4H - Titleist 818 H2 - 21 - Tensei Blue Stiff
5i - 48 Gap - Titleist 718 AP3
Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM7 53 S Grind & 58 M Grind
Putter - Scotty Cameron Futura 5M
Bag - Titleist Players 5 Stand bag
Ball - Titleist AVX
Glove - FootJoy Rain Glove
Watch - Apple Watch 2nd Generation with The Grint App, Shot Scope V2
Laser - Bushnell Tour Z6 Jolt
ClicGear 3.5+ - Blued Out!
======================================
The Grint - Club Chairman / Grint Tour Director - North Texas

• 2 weeks later...

Gord, a nice new feature would be to indicate where the low point is in the setting before or after the back (and by how much). I was on Trackman today and their new feature of indicating where the low point is relative to the ball us very helpful. Especially if you have to hit off mats in the winter

To all those whose units have broken. I am lucky that mine has not. But, if it should break any plastic pieces I can fix it like new. Use Bondic (look up on internet.) For the right application this is a fantastic product. Give it a try. It is a little pricey, but it is well worth the price. Watch Internet videos on the Bondic site for ideas as to how it might work out for you.
Good luck.

[quote name='pusb365' timestamp='1447533708' post='12598998']
After reading through some of this thread I know what's going on my Christmas list :)
[/quote]

I couldn't wait. Got one for myself so I can use it before it gets reallllly cold here in the northeast.

Question for those that have it. I have a larger iPad or my smaller android cell phone. For range sessions which should I plan on using for instant feedback? Do you setup the iPad on the ground or ledge on its highest brightness with hopes of being able to see it from where you hitting balls or will I have to hold it closer to my face regardless and should just use it on the smaller phone?

Without reading through 50+ pages of this thread, what's the overall consensus to this device? Pros? Cons? Reliability? Quality?

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Pro's: constant feedback when you practice.
Cons: doesn't provide trackman / FlightScope style swing data, only tells you what the club does, not the body. Calibrating every club
Reliability: in use reliability is reasonably good, the odd Bluetooth drop out, longer term rechargeable battery seems to have a short life span mine packed up after 20 months heavy use.
Quality: very good with the exception of the battery issue (might be a one off). Securing bracket better than Swingbyte 2 for example.

Overall, I am a big fan, I never practice without it. Skypro also shows why it is very difficult to change your swing, what feels like a change rarely is. I liked it enough to stump up the extra cash for a back in play replacement.

[quote name='DaveMac' timestamp='1447977352' post='12621552']Pro's: constant feedback when you practice.
Cons: doesn't provide trackman / FlightScope style swing data, only tells you what the club does, not the body. Calibrating every club
Reliability: in use reliability is reasonably good, the odd Bluetooth drop out, longer term rechargeable battery seems to have a short life span mine packed up after 20 months heavy use.
Quality: very good with the exception of the battery issue (might be a one off) mention. Securing bracket better than Swingbyte 2 for example.

Overall, I am a big fan, I never practice without it. Skypro also shows why it is very difficult to change your swing, what feels like a change rarely is. I liked it enough to stump up the extra cash for a back in play replacement.[/quote]
I read the whole thread and I still found value in your overview! The part about the discrepancy between feel and skypro feedback is a real selling point. Has anyone here experienced dramatic improvements in ballstriking through working with skypro?

[quote name='Shipwreck' timestamp='1447964642' post='12620790']
Without reading through 50+ pages of this thread, what's the overall consensus to this device? Pros? Cons? Reliability? Quality?
[/quote]

I am a huge fan. If you know some particular issues with your swing (such as over the line at the top, or having the club shut at the top, or too in-to-out on the downswing) then the SkyPro will give you the real data on each swing because as mentioned above even small changes in a swing are hard to do. Feel not real etc. Highly recommended for feedback at the range.

TM SIM2 9*
TM SIM2 3 and 5 woods
TM SIM2 3 hybrid
Ping i210 5-AW Modus 105 stiff
Ping Glide 2,0 wedges 54SS/58ES  - Recoil 95 F3
TM Spider Tour
TM Tour Response

i see its now compatible with android. are all the features now working or if you use android do are some features not available yet?

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

[quote name='HoosierMizuno' timestamp='1448053369' post='12625302']
i see its now compatible with android. are all the features now working or if you use android do are some features not available yet?
[/quote]

I have never used it on my Android phone, as there were a lot of features, which had not been implemented.

However, after checking just now, most of the features seem to be there. The only exception appears to be the Putting Mode.

BHB1

[quote name='ucmike11' timestamp='1448150373' post='12629292']
Now that winter is approaching, is there anyway I can use the skypro without a real ball (that can cause serious damage indoors!)? I tried a bean bag but it didn't always register.
[/quote]

My SkyPro works fine with foam practice balls, maybe only 1/10 impacts are missed.