2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Ok - who actually tried the Golf Swing Shirt?

Cwing

I began working on a more connected swing last year and made great progress. I am a average hack with a 60+ hr a week job so I have limited practice time which makes changes take a long time and I did work with a PGA pro. I very much like to work with rods in the ground etc... and aids that help to develop a feel and don't require excessive swing thoughts.

With that said ------ What do you guys that actually used it think about the Golf Swing Shirt? Good, bad?

http://www.golfswingshirt.com/

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

It is a little overkill, IMHO.

Callaway makes an elastic banding device that goes over your arms.
Perfect connection. $11.99 at ANY retailer.

I get it..a guy goes into thought mode and decides to build a new training aid.
Marketing gets behind it. Yay capitalism. It's great.

At the end of the day, though, you can get the SAME result for $12 or less than that with an ace bandage.

I think it could be helpful.
In a slicefixer swing, you want your body and arms to stay connected - certainly this seems like it would help.
I've been thinking of getting one.

There are lots of options

(1) golfswingshirt
(2) callaway band
(3) slicefixer uses some foam between forearms for teaching.

Many Hands make Light Work. Many Eyes make Accurate Work. gWRX - the Greatest golf forum on the Internets :).

[quote name='gvogel' timestamp='1359299821' post='6307967']
You're probably not going to see Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson or John Daly endorse it!
[/quote]

Maybe not but a multiple major winner IS endorsing it. See Paddy!

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='SunkTheBirdie' timestamp='1359311766' post='6309023']
I think it could be helpful.
In a slicefixer swing, you want your body and arms to stay connected - certainly this seems like it would help.
I've been thinking of getting one.

There are lots of options

(1) golfswingshirt
(2) callaway band
(3) slicefixer uses some foam between forearms for teaching.
[/quote]

Dead on. Well said.

Funny thing..that ball with straps sells at Golf Galaxy for 35 dollars. Amazing.

[quote name='TML' timestamp='1359316369' post='6309469']
if someone wants to buy the shirt and is willing to let the rest of the range laugh behind his back, I say why not?
[/quote]

I cannot wait to see it. Of course I'll be quiet, but I already have that image of a guy blasting hosel rockets with a bright orange elephant trunk shirt, and I'm laughing.

[quote name='jurr80' timestamp='1359316689' post='6309505']
[size=4]I cannot wait to see it. Of course I'll be quiet, but I already have that image of a guy blasting hosel rockets with a bright orange elephant trunk shirt, and I'm laughing.[/size]
[/quote]
There are black ones :)

Many Hands make Light Work. Many Eyes make Accurate Work. gWRX - the Greatest golf forum on the Internets :).

if someone wants to buy the shirt and is willing to let the rest of the range laugh behind his back, I say why not?
[/quote]

I care more about my game than what others are saying and many may snicker but most would secretly want to try it. I already get looks with my rods sticking in the ground.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1359319347' post='6309773']
[/quote]

I care more about my game than what others are saying and many may snicker but most would secretly want to try it. I already get looks with my rods sticking in the ground.
[/quote]
Rods actually serve a purpose - keeping your club on plane, and aim to name a few. How about instead of buying a shirt, go spend that money on lessons with a reputable PGA pro? Answer no and I'll keep laughing.

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1359319347' post='6309773']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Totally with you there, but seriously.....they make MUCH cheaper bands that just go over your arms. The exact same concept.

The only reason this is on the market is the fact that it's a shirt. Shirt = different. Don't fall for it.

Here is the drill I do allot at the range. I use driveway sticks instead of shafts and I got it right here on wrx.

Again, I like drills like this as it is not full of swing thought. Just swing and ingrain the feel.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/59765-the-drill-that-fixed-my-swing-thought-i-would-share/page__p__4635205__hl__+bender%20+stick#entry4635205

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1359404173' post='6316291']
I saw the booth at the PGA Show and I didn't have the nuts to go try one on:) They have some capital. Nice booth, skinned van, good team of guys helping. Wish them best of luck. "It ain't easy!"
[/quote]

I thought their customer service was lacking. They didn't have a quint XL for me. I nicely asked them to rip apart 2 doubles and a medium and sew them all together for me so I could try it. Can you believe they refused? :-)

I could be wrong
I've been wrong before
I'll be wrong again

[quote name='Cmartingolf' timestamp='1359404173' post='6316291']
I saw the booth at the PGA Show and I didn't have the nuts to go try one on:) They have some capital. Nice booth, skinned van, good team of guys helping. Wish them best of luck. "It ain't easy!"
[/quote]

And it can be used with my Tour Strikers. 8, 5 and 56.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*

• 3 months later...

There is other training aids on the market. However the bands only keep shape in your arms. Wearing the bands you can still independently move your arms and not your body. The Golf Swing Shirt does both. The shirt synchronizes your arms with your body and obviously keeps you very connected. I love the shirt and practice with it a lot. I have improved my ball striking significantly and I feel I am now using "Big Muscles" to hit the ball. You wont just put shirt on and hit drives 300 yards. You have to persevere which takes time. When I put shirt on at range genuine golfers enquire as to what I am wearing. There is a pocket for sleeve to go in and its no big deal really. I love the fact you can fold it and store in your bag. I also love it for short game. All in all money well spent and great product. I doubt Padrig would endorse it if he thought its was no good as he is to much of a professional. They have a cool video of Padrig on website hitting balls with shirt on talking about it. If your struggling with your game I would definitely buy one!!!!!

[quote name='flyingscot007' timestamp='1368014537' post='6990856']
There is other training aids on the market. However the bands only keep shape in your arms. Wearing the bands you can still independently move your arms and not your body. The Golf Swing Shirt does both. The shirt synchronizes your arms with your body and obviously keeps you very connected. I love the shirt and practice with it a lot. I have improved my ball striking significantly and I feel I am now using "Big Muscles" to hit the ball. You wont just put shirt on and hit drives 300 yards. You have to persevere which takes time. When I put shirt on at range genuine golfers enquire as to what I am wearing. There is a pocket for sleeve to go in and its no big deal really. I love the fact you can fold it and store in your bag. I also love it for short game. All in all money well spent and great product. I doubt Padrig would endorse it if he thought its was no good as he is to much of a professional. They have a cool video of Padrig on website hitting balls with shirt on talking about it. If your struggling with your game I would definitely buy one!!!!!
[/quote]

Seriously, your first post on WRX is to shill a product in a thread that has been dead for four months?

If I do this 11,548 more times, I will be having fun. - Zippy the Pinhead

I have been having trouble getting my arms in sync and keeping them from getting stuck. So I have been using a balloon in between my forearms. As instructed by iteach.

After practicing for about a week hitting balls like that it feels comfortable now and I shot my lowest score ever this past week -1.

If you youtube golf balloon drill you will see a golfer on there.

Here is me doing the drill and I like it so far.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8O8I4eJDYg

[quote name='northgolf' timestamp='1368020336' post='6991310']
[quote name='flyingscot007' timestamp='1368014537' post='6990856']
[/quote]

Seriously, your first post on WRX is to shill a product in a thread that has been dead for four months?
[/quote] I was unaware there was a time limit on posts. I had just purchased a Golf Swing Shirt (GSS) and wanted to read about it and what other golfers thought. I played yesterday after practicing with GSS and my game was soli.d I definitely felt stronger and was hitting the ball sync with my body and arms. Just takes time I guess!!!!

• Like 1

Been using mine since November. I care about my golf score; not what others think about what I use to train with. I like it and it works for me. In fact, I also use it when I'm hitting my Tour Striker irons. At the request of the GSS person I posted a video here a couple of weeks ago if you want to look for it. I also have the Callaway band and use that as well at times but I don't care for its restriction compared to the shirt.

[quote name='bigdawginva' timestamp='1368190383' post='7004932']
Been using mine since November. I care about my golf score; not what others think about what I use to train with. I like it and it works for me. In fact, I also use it when I'm hitting my Tour Striker irons. At the request of the GSS person I posted a video here a couple of weeks ago if you want to look for it. I also have the Callaway band and use that as well at times but I don't care for its restriction compared to the shirt.
[/quote]

Thanks Big Dawg ! Keep up the good practice and keep us posted !

• 2 months later...

[quote name='pinseeker18' timestamp='1374398584' post='7503426']
This thread is probably dead, but I just ordered one. I really struggle with my right elbow flying all over the place so I'm hoping this helps ingrain the correct feeling. I'll keep you posted.
[/quote]

Hey Pinseeker ! The thread is not dead..there are several other threads if you search where The Golf Shirt is reviewed at length.
We also just announced the "Play With Padraig" contest where anyone who posts their video using The Golf Swing Shirt on our website is entered into a drawing to play with Padraig on Feb 11,2014 in southern California. We are drawing three
contestants so get us your video. www.golfswingshirt.com

Thanks for your interest in our product and we look forward to your feedback.
Cheers
Ray

I have always wondered, "what would it be like if I could feel what a tour pro's swing was like for a single range session. I mean, in a non creepy way, enter their body and experience their swing. I've always thought that would revolutionize my swing because I could feel my swing errors.

Well, the GSS is about as close as I have come to that. I've used it twice now and the feel is so different from what I'm used to that I'm beginning to u deist and what they mean by connection. I've tried the ball between the forearms, the towel under the arms. They never worked for me. This shirt is changing my swing for the better.

I really could care less what people think of me. I wear a white belt as well.