Callaway X HOT Driver

lasallen

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the X Hot and I'm loving it. For me it was the only driver that gave me comparable distance to my Cobra F Speed. I was hitting the TM R1 and R2 and was still getting 15+ yards on my cobra with the same swing speed. Picked up the X Hot and I'm getting the same distance but I like the feel off the club head a lot better.

I just tested the G25 and the x hot indoors at GG.
For me the G25 hit the ball higher and straighter but 10 yards shorter than the xhot.
I think the xhot looks better. it hits the ball a bit further and lower than the G25 and im not as accurate with it.
That being said i am still deciding between the 2 and want to hit them both outside.
I dont think you can go wrong with either.

Callaway mavrik max 10.5

Callaway mavrik max 3 & 5 wood
Ping g30  26* & 30* hybrids
Ping i200 6 - UW

Ping glide 54* & 60* wedges
Odyssey #7 putter

Have no experience with the Covert Tour but I played with Jim Dent Sr. last weekend & he had the Covert Tour in the bag he was testing. He was hitting it at least 10-20 yards shorter than the Cleveland Classic or Razr Fit he had been previously hitting, he didn't seem all to happy with it & don't think he'll be playing it the next time we play. I don't ever remember seeing him hit it that short, which was odd considering guys talking so highly about it. I've been testing the X Hot Pro & Razr Fit Xtreme the past 2/3 weeks, love the Razr Fit Xtreme but I'm leaning more towards the X Hot Pro. The XHP IMO has a little softer/solider feel at impact, is giving me a tad more ball speed, plus I love the fact I can launch it high & let it fly. If I were choosing between the 3 I'd try the X Hot & G25 as I've got a few friends who love theirs, haven't heard anything great about the Covert except for the love on WRX but I can't say for sure as I've never hit it. Either way you can't go wrong with the X Hot or G25.

𝗦ᴜɴ𝗧ʀᴜsᴛ 𝗧ᴀᴍᴘᴀ 𝗕ᴀʏ 𝗣ʀᴏ/𝗔ᴍ 𝗣ʀᴏғᴇssɪᴏɴᴀʟ 𝗖ʜᴀᴍᴘɪᴏɴ (-𝟭𝟮/𝟮𝟬𝟭)

68A7239E-AAC2-4873-AAB4-79AB07381822.png.1162e21eb149e0d7ca8526c3ec552f4c.png

DRIVER: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝗟𝗦 𝟴° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗚𝗞 𝗫𝗫

3 WOOD: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ 𝗤𝗶𝟭𝟬 𝟭𝟰.𝟱° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

5 WOOD: 𝗖ᴏʙʀᴀ 𝗥ᴀᴅ𝗦ᴘᴇᴇᴅ 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝟭𝟵° 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗙𝗪 𝗦ᴇᴠᴇɴ 𝗫

IRONS: 𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟯ɪ 𝗟ᴏᴏᴘ 𝗛ʏʙʀɪᴅ 𝟭𝟬𝟬 𝗫,𝗧ᴀʏʟᴏʀ𝗠ᴀᴅᴇ ᴘ𝟳𝟱𝟬 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏ 𝟰ɪ/ᴘ𝟳ᴛᴡ 𝟱ɪ-𝗣𝗪 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟬𝟱 𝗫

WEDGES: 𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟭𝟬 𝟱𝟰°𝗙 𝗥ᴀᴡ/𝗧ɪᴛʟᴇɪsᴛ 𝗩ᴏᴋᴇʏ 𝗦𝗠𝟵 𝟱𝟴°𝗩 𝗥ᴀᴡ 𝗡ɪᴘᴘᴏɴ 𝗡.𝗦. 𝗣ʀᴏ 𝗠ᴏᴅᴜs 𝟭𝟮𝟬 𝗫

PUTTER: 𝗕ʏʀᴏɴ 𝗠ᴏʀɢᴀɴ 𝗗𝗛𝟴𝟵 𝗧ᴏᴜʀ 𝗣ʀᴏᴛᴏᴛʏᴘᴇ 𝗪ᴇʟᴅᴇᴅ 𝗙ʟᴏᴡ 𝗡ᴇᴄᴋ 𝟯𝘅 𝗕ʟᴀᴄᴋ

I've hit the R1 the Covert and the RBZ deuce as well as the Cally RFE and the XHot. I choose the Cally RFE but am somewhat regretting that and wishing I would have gone with the xhot. Anyone with an XHot like to trade for my RFE? I thought the Covert was like hitting an aluminum bat no feel odd sound. The R1 was my original first choice since I was a total TM fan. So the 2 hours I spent hitting the latest and greatest I was convinced to get the RFE because it lowered my spin rates signifacantly. 3200 to 2300 I guess im just not in love with the trinity shaft. Maybe in time I'll swap shafts and see if that helps or just get the xhot because I do the love the distance I gained as well as the ball speed with that.

Cobra LTD LS 10.5*
Callaway Epic max 15*
Callaway Epic 3 hybrid 19*
Callaway ST pro 4-pw 
Cleveland RTX 50* 56*
Scotty Cameron X7M 

I am a big PING guy and was wanting to love the G25 SO much. I have owned every Ping driver since G2. I hit it well on an indoor monitor and pre-ordered. On a whim I came across a super cheap Xhot 9.5 on Ebay new so I pulled the trigger after hitting it one day also and liking it. My G25 was 8.5 with the Tour stiff shaft and I did not like the feel and sound at all. It wasn't that bad indoors, but outside it was loud and felt harsh compared to the pleasing thud of the Xhot. I was stunned. It went high straight and long, and just beat my G25. I still don't like to look at it that much, but I put an AD DI 6 in it at 45 inches and it is a bomber. My G25 was shipped out today.

The stock shaft in the Xhot is a long noodle. It's okay if you are smooth and under 100 mph. But its too long (46 inches!!! really?) and spinny. My swing is 99-102 and it had to go. I have not owned a Callaway driver since the FT-5, but I'm happy with one now.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

[quote name='kc10' timestamp='1362442577' post='6547863']
I just bought the Callaway X Hot Pro 9.5. The face/ball contact feels incredible...mushy good. The shaft in the "Pro" model is also exceptional--fluid, smooth, balance, loads well. This driver beat out all the big dogs in a 2-hour monitor session. Average distance length, spin rate, and shot dispersion were umatched
[/quote]

Total agreement. Got the X Hot Pro with the 6.0 and couldn't be happier. Even had to pick up the X Hot Pro 4W! :)

Ping G430 LST 10* 

Callaway Paradym Super Hybrid 15*

Callaway Apex UW 19*

PXG 0211 XCOR2 Dark 5-L

Cleveland RTX Full Face 64/09

Ping PLD Oslo 3

Titleist Pro V1 

Not sure if post are X Hot or X Hot Pro. I was indoors hitting and the guy handed me the non pro X Hot and felt great and great flight but was a little more draw than I wanted. When I got home went on Callaway site and it said non pro version is draw bias (and it was) Just wanted to point that out so we know what version the feedback if for. They didn't have the pro version so didn't compare it, but on line I think Pro version is smaller head. Mac

I have an XHot with stock stiff and so far I've played two rounds, the first one in barely 50 weather and it had rained for 3 days so it was very wet, but at day I knew I was carrying the ball farther by maybe 10 yards that day. The last round was in maybe in 40 degree weather and even with all the layers I was wearing I was in places I havent been in since the heat of summer. Granted this was only a few drives and I am still trying to get proper tee height but I love the feel and I may pick up another shaft just to see if it could give me better dispersion but I know for me it longer and again feels great.

Ping 410 Lst 9 w/ Black Rdx smoke 6.0

Cally Sub Zero 15 with Fuji Xlr8 Pro 73 TS
Cally Big Bertha Alpa 816 5wd 18 Aldila Rogue 70 R
Cally Epic Tour issue 4 Hybrid w/KBS Proto 65s
Cally X-Tour (1st gen) w XP/95 R-300 5-pw
Cally Pm19 54/58 w/KBS Hi Rev 115
Taylor Spider Tour black with white T

[quote name='lasallen' timestamp='1362424698' post='6545869']
Can anyone comment on the Stock shaft for the X Hot??
[/quote]

I went with the X Hot Pro, but upgraded to the Aldila Rip Alpha because the stock shafts spun way too much for me... I tried all the new drivers this year, and the XHP was by far the best looking/feeling and perfroming driver for me... I'm sure its been said here on this thread, but you MUST get fitted in the right shaft, regardless of what you go with. The Covert was absolutely horrible for me, and I know 100% is because of the shaft. Good Luck!

Titleist TSR2, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7X
Taylormade Sim2 Max 3wd, Fujikura Ventus Blue 8X
Callaway Mavrik 5wd, Fujikura Speeder 8.3X
Callaway Mavrik 7wd, Fujikura Ventus TR Red 8X

Srixon ZX-4, 5 iron, ZX5 6-GW Project X LZ 6.5
Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54* and Titleist SM9 60*
Scotty Cameron Phantom X 12

on the bench Scotty Cameron Newport Select custom by Embrace Putters 

I got an X hot Head at 9.5 Degrees, and bought an AD DI Direct from Callaway. Leaving from Freezing Cold Michigan to Naples, FL
on Thursday night to try this bad boy. Wanted to go with the Pro Version (2 Handicap), but am hoping the Standard X Hot Head with
a Premium Shaft will be long, and even more forgiving. If anyone has hit this comnination I'd love to hear your Feedback.

[quote name='KemperOpen' timestamp='1362504628' post='6551915']
I got an X hot Head at 9.5 Degrees, and bought an AD DI Direct from Callaway. Leaving from Freezing Cold Michigan to Naples, FL
on Thursday night to try this bad boy. Wanted to go with the Pro Version (2 Handicap), but am hoping the Standard X Hot Head with
a Premium Shaft will be long, and even more forgiving. If anyone has hit this comnination I'd love to hear your Feedback.
[/quote]

Have a great trip, I think you will love the combo and I think you made the right move with the non pro head. For me the Pro head did not feel as good and I was actually spinning more with that head more than the reg XHot .

Ping 410 Lst 9 w/ Black Rdx smoke 6.0

Cally Sub Zero 15 with Fuji Xlr8 Pro 73 TS
Cally Big Bertha Alpa 816 5wd 18 Aldila Rogue 70 R
Cally Epic Tour issue 4 Hybrid w/KBS Proto 65s
Cally X-Tour (1st gen) w XP/95 R-300 5-pw
Cally Pm19 54/58 w/KBS Hi Rev 115
Taylor Spider Tour black with white T

I tried it last night at Golfsmith and I didn't like it as much as I like the Razr Fit Extreme. I'm currently gaming last year's Razr Fit and Titleist 910D2. The sound is muted and I can't tell when I hit it square. Maybe it is the shaft and felt very light to my liking as well. I'm getting some distance but not so much.

They don't have th X Hot Pro so I can't make any comparison. I also tried Ping Anser and the Ping G25. Love them both!!! I wish I have spare money.

[quote name='Steven991' timestamp='1362438995' post='6547527']
I've hit the R1 the Covert and the RBZ deuce as well as the Cally RFE and the XHot. I choose the Cally RFE but am somewhat regretting that and wishing I would have gone with the xhot. Anyone with an XHot like to trade for my RFE? I thought the Covert was like hitting an aluminum bat no feel odd sound. The R1 was my original first choice since I was a total TM fan. So the 2 hours I spent hitting the latest and greatest I was convinced to get the RFE because it lowered my spin rates signifacantly. 3200 to 2300 I guess im just not in love with the trinity shaft. Maybe in time I'll swap shafts and see if that helps or just get the xhot because I do the love the distance I gained as well as the ball speed with that.
[/quote]

What were your spin rates with the Xhot in comparison to the RFE?

Ok, so I went out on a limb and purchased the Xhot with the stock Stiff Project x without even hitting it thinking that if I didnt like it I could send it back to TGW on 30 day playability. I have always been titleist, ping, or cobra for woods. I know many many people on this board harp about going in for a fitting on the launch monitor and then in turn say the data is not accurate, so I figured lets just get one and take it to the course. Needless to say, maybe this driver and shaft combo just so happened to be the perfect match for my swing but it was a beast. I have never ever been a long ball hitter by any means and I know 275 yds is not long according "golfwrxer" standards, but consistantly 275 and sometimes a little longer is really long for me.

I know a lot of you who are going to read this are going to want to know. Whats your swing speed, launch angle, spin numbers, bla bla bla? The answer is I DONT KNOW any of that data. What I can tell you is this club is much longer than any I have ever hit.

[/quote]

Have fun! Everyone in my neck of the woods is dying to get out.. If you thing if it, bring some lead tape with.... The standard XH is weighted pretty draw biased ....

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke MAX 10.5*  GD Tour AD XC-6X
TM M2 16.5* VEYLIX ROME 888
PXG 0317X 20* Oban Devotion S
Mizuno Fli-Hi #4
Mizuno Pro 225 5-G Modus 120
Mizuno T24 RAW 52/58 Modus 120
 Limited Edition PING PLD Prime Tyne 4 

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/530023/ladahls-witb-pxg-callaway-titleist-taylormade-trying-graphite-in-irons-updates-on-last-pag

[quote name='lasallen' timestamp='1363001666' post='6588099']
Ok, so I went out on a limb and purchased the Xhot with the stock Stiff Project x without even hitting it thinking that if I didnt like it I could send it back to TGW on 30 day playability. I have always been titleist, ping, or cobra for woods. I know many many people on this board harp about going in for a fitting on the launch monitor and then in turn say the data is not accurate, so I figured lets just get one and take it to the course. Needless to say, maybe this driver and shaft combo just so happened to be the perfect match for my swing but it was a beast. I have never ever been a long ball hitter by any means and I know 275 yds is not long according "golfwrxer" standards, but consistantly 275 and sometimes a little longer is really long for me.

I know what a lot of you who are going to read this are going to want to know. Whats your swing speed, launch angle, spin numbers, bla bla bla? The answer is I DONT KNOW any of that data. What I can tell you is this club is much longer than any I have ever hit.
[/quote]

Congratulations! That's great news! Half the people who ask your data don't know how to interpret it anyway and the other half are just jerks trying to rain on your parade flex their e-muscles so to speak, and you can't rogue with on course results! Good luck this year!

I had a chance to hit a 10.5 degree XHot with a Project X shaft at my local range, I hit it straighter and 10 meters longer than the RBZ. Didn't like the dead feel off the face compared to the spring like feel of the RBZ, and thought the shaft made my ball flight balloon more than I like. l also didn't get a chance to get a full fitting which would have probably ended up in me buying the club, l also hit the RE 3 wood which is by far the best 3 wood ive ever hit.

Callaway GBB Epic w/- Fujikura 6.2TS X, Callaway BB 816 3W w/- Blueboard 73
Callaway Optiforce 5W w/- Blueboard 83, Callaway Apex Pro '16 4-PW w/- PXF 6.0
Callaway MD3 52°/56° Callaway PM 60°, Odyssey ProType Tour #2

[quote name='ladahl' timestamp='1363005126' post='6588255']
[/quote]

Have fun! Everyone in my neck of the woods is dying to get out.. If you thing if it, bring some lead tape with.... The standard XH is weighted pretty draw biased ....
[/quote]

Adding 8 grams of lead tape to mine made it just right after I trimmed it down to 45 inches. Sitting in between d2-d3 now.

Ping G430 Max 9* Kai’li white 60

Callaway Paradym 15*
Titleist TSR2 21* hybrid Atmos blue
Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P

Titleist SM9 48*
Titleist SM7 54* & 58* Slate Blue
Ping Ketch/SC Select Newport II Midslant

[quote name='lasallen' timestamp='1363001666' post='6588099']

I know a lot of you who are going to read this are going to want to know. Whats your swing speed, launch angle, spin numbers, bla bla bla? The answer is I DONT KNOW any of that data. What I can tell you is this club is much longer than any I have ever hit.
[/quote]

Nice one! You make some very goods points, and I'm pleased for you that its worked out.

I've just gone from a 910d3 8.5 to a XHP 8.5 and I've been really impressed. I said I didn't even want to think about replacing my 910 but I bought the XHP 3 wood and it was so good I ordered the driver and now the irons as well. I've been a club head pro for about 13 years and this is the first time i have ever had a driver, fwy, and irons from the same manufacturer. To me it's the best stuff Cally has ever put out. Always buy what fits your eye and feels good but definitely look at them before buying something else.

I sell a lot of swoosh stuff too and the covert is very impressive too. Covert and Xhot probably sound better than any others out there. I personally can't stand the Taylor made stuff. It sounds so terrible and feels so cheaply made.

[/quote]

I hit a similar combination during a fitting session w/ a Trackman. XHot Pro 8.5 w/ 44.5" AD DI-7 Stiff. Absolutely loved everything. I had been hitting the pro's Razr Fit Extreme and thought that was pretty good, but the XHot feels a little softer (which I like) and the ball feels like it sits on the face for a second before being fired out of a cannon. I have a 10.5 Adams LS from the tour with a 44.75" Fuji Fuel 60-S that is very long, but I think the XHot (even in the 8.5 loft) is easier and maybe a little more forgiving than the Adams. I also like that the XHot Pro driver is 435cc and is void of any graphics (although I do miss an alignment aid or mark). Hope that helps a little.

Titleist TS3
PING 410 3W
PING 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 4 Iron w/ Hazardous Smoke
PXG Gen 2 0311P 5-W $-Taper
PXG Milled GW
Vokey TVD 56K
Callaway MD4 64S