2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Big Break Mexico... (merged)

78Staff

[quote name='patrick421' timestamp='1371575301' post='7273374']
Jason is painful to watch on tv over dramatic comments and playing slow on purpose.
[/quote]

I want to know how they got half these hacks on this show? Jason is just excruciating to watch, and most of the other guys are ridiculously inconsistent. If Jason can't handle the pressure of this show, no way make it on the Web.com tour, let alone the PGA.

I vote to go back to all female and bring back some of the former eye candies who could play, otherwise this show is about done.

2015 GBB 10.5 - MRC B Series 60S 44.75"
RFX 3 & 5 Woods MRC BB 73
RFX 7 Wood Matrix Black Tie 7M3
XHot Pro Hybrid 23 Accra Shaft
Apex Pro 5-W KBS Tour V or Recoil 110 S-flex (Recoil for Winter Season)
Odyssey WhiteHot Pro #7 Flatso Ultra grip
X Forged C Grind 52*
PM Grind 58* KBS 610 Wedge
Chrome Soft 2016 Yellow
Hdcp - between 3 to 5 over the year

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1371066268' post='7224454'] Yeah, I think they realized that loosing a crowd drawer the first day can really hurt their ratings. [b]After Meghan was eliminated, they continued to show her in the advertisements to help draw people in.[/b] [b]I am willing to bet that when they do another Big Break: Reunion, she will be invited back.[/b] [/quote]

Decent chance it's already happened. I posted last week in the LPGA forum that Golf Channel obviously was filming the fall Big Break. Tom Abbott was absent from the coverage of the Wegman's LPGA Championship last week. No explanation offered. They did the same thing last year, filming Big Break Greenbrier in the weeks preceding and encompassing the men's US Open.

I guessed in that LPGA forum thread that we might be due for a reunion series. After all, the other versions have been covered recently, with an all-male and all-female last year, and currently a mixed. Reunion is the only other format.

After reading your post 15 minutes ago, I decided to check Meghan's twitter. There's a strange and unexplainable gap of 15 days without an entry, from June 1 to June 16. That would coincide with Abbott's absence from Golf Channel, and it's also the duration needed to fly to the Big Break site and film the series. They don't allow players to engage in social media during filming.

Unless I'm missing something, Meghan doesn't offer any reasoning for her twitter absence. She had many tweets per day leading up to playing in the pro-am of the LPGA Shoprite tournament in late May. Then she indicates she's returning to California, but no mention of subsequent plans, travel or otherwise. Then the two-week gap. That Shoprite tournament features two pro-ams and pays expenses for popular players to participate, including many Big Breakers. It's not inconceivable that several of them stopped there before heading to the site of the next Big Break filming.

[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1371564313' post='7271314']
[quote name='BluehoseGolf' timestamp='1371340785' post='7251536']
[quote name='golfdad907' timestamp='1371308030' post='7248292']
I didn't read entire thread, so if redundant I apologize...

Anyone besides me wonder where they found some of the guys in this season's show? I hate to say this, but they don't seem all that good of players, I'm sure a lot of guys on this forum could stay with if not beat some of them....frankly they kind of s**k.

It will be interesting to see the elimination round next week, hope some of the girls put a whoopin' on some of the guys as it seems they should.
[/quote]

Some of them arent very good. Jay and Brent are easily the best out of the group. Matthew isnt bad. I have played golf with Jay, and let me assure you he is very good. Winning 9 times on the hooters tour is no joke.
[/quote]

I agree completely, Jay and Brent showed they were at the top of the class last night. As far as the men go, these are the only two that look, swing, and score like Tour Players!

It seems to me that BB plays most of their golf from the regular tees. The holes they play are extremely short for what is supposed to be a professional level. Last night they had a 133 yard par3, a 501 yard par5, and a 421 yard par4. It's a relatively small sampling but to me if any one of those contestants didn't finish that three hole stretch of extremely short holes in -1 under par or lower they should consider another career.
[/quote]
They have always played from the short tees in every season. I know because it drives me nuts, so I pay a lot of attention to it. Par 5s are always around 500 yds, par 3s are always around 150 yds, and par 4s are almost always around 400 yds. It makes these people look better than they actually are. With that said, people like Brent obviously have game.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1371590528' post='7275840']
[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1371066268' post='7224454'] Yeah, I think they realized that loosing a crowd drawer the first day can really hurt their ratings. [b]After Meghan was eliminated, they continued to show her in the advertisements to help draw people in.[/b] [b]I am willing to bet that when they do another Big Break: Reunion, she will be invited back.[/b] [/quote]

Decent chance it's already happened. I posted last week in the LPGA forum that Golf Channel obviously was filming the fall Big Break. Tom Abbott was absent from the coverage of the Wegman's LPGA Championship last week. No explanation offered. They did the same thing last year, filming Big Break Greenbrier in the weeks preceding and encompassing the men's US Open.

[size=4]After reading your post 15 minutes ago, I decided to check Meghan's twitter. There's a strange and unexplainable gap of 15 days without an entry, from June 1 to June 16. That would coincide with Abbott's absence from Golf Channel, and it's also the duration needed to fly to the Big Break site and film the series. They don't allow players to engage in social media during filming.[/size]

[size=4][/quote][/size]

LOL Nice job Awsi... I recall your earlier post on Tom and also got to looking also... S[size=4]ince the cat is out of the bag, looks like we can add Mallory Blackwelder and [/size][size=4]Shannon Fish to the list as well :). That's all I've been able to determine... [/size]

[size=4]But did rule out any from Mexico (Hey, if Survivor did it, why not BB), also no Sara, Elana, Selanee, Christina, Allison or Kelly V to name a few more popular players from past shows... I though Whitney Wright would jump on this (if asked) since she was first out on her series and blamed it squarely on another player, but not her either.[/size]

[size=4]Assuming they want 8 former female players, looks like they may go back a aways. Lots of ladies prior to the past 3 or so don't do twitter so hard to say.[/size]

TS3 8.5* EvenFlow White 65s
917F3 15*  EvenFlow Black 75s
816H2 19* EvenFlow Black 85s
712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Charlotte Campbell from Highway 18 is also cute.

campbell-blingo-golf_t620.jpg?fbf2daa044e08a86b24c9c38cd7501865a0e2373

Charlotte was inducted into the Sunshine State HOF last year...

http://www.rollinssports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=19500&ATCLID=205390919

She was UCF Womens Golf Director of Operations for 2012-2103, I assume that is still the case.

http://www.ucfathletics.com/sports/w-golf/mtt/campbell_charlotte00.html

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1371593855' post='7276244']
LOL Nice job Awsi... I recall your earlier post on Tom and also got to looking also... S[size=4]ince the cat is out of the bag, looks like we can add Mallory Blackwelder and [/size][size=4]Shannon Fish to the list as well :). That's all I've been able to determine... [/size]

[size=4]But did rule out any from Mexico (Hey, if Survivor did it, why not BB), also no Sara, Elana, Selanee, Christina, Allison or Kelly V to name a few more popular players from past shows... I though Whitney Wright would jump on this (if asked) since she was first out on her series and blamed it squarely on another player, but not her either.[/size]

[size=4]Assuming they want 8 former female players, looks like they may go back a aways. Lots of ladies prior to the past 3 or so don't do twitter so hard to say.[/size] [/quote]

Looks like ("You don't want it") Will Lowery is another one. Same twitter gap, from June 1 to June 17, then suddenly he's very active again.

Big Break Indian Wells and Ireland seem like logical sources for the male contestants. Also probably at least one or two from Greenbrier. I didn't follow that one closely due to a family situation so I don't remember the names. I checked Robbie Biershenk's twitter and he remained active during that two week period. Same with Indian Wells winner David Byrne. Carl Whyte doesn't post often so it wasn't obvious either way. Once I found Will Lowery I was content and didn't check further. But this could probably be pieced together. I always thought the arrogant model type who had to withdraw very early from Big Break Ireland with a serious medical concern was a likely candidate for a reunion show.

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1371682452' post='7285458']
Awsi & Staff
G8 piece of investigative work on the next potential BB series and its contestants.
Were you both recruited into the cadet program of the Florida division of the FBI when they were recruiting in the 80's?
[/quote]

Ah Awsi figured out the hard part, I was just the copy guy... the super secret double double agent copy guy bwwaahhhhaahaha.... :)

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Wow, great finds guys. I am enjoying this season, but am really looking forward to the reunion show now!

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

[quote name='Parker0065' timestamp='1371564313' post='7271314']
[quote name='BluehoseGolf' timestamp='1371340785' post='7251536']
[quote name='golfdad907' timestamp='1371308030' post='7248292']
I didn't read entire thread, so if redundant I apologize...

Anyone besides me wonder where they found some of the guys in this season's show? I hate to say this, but they don't seem all that good of players, I'm sure a lot of guys on this forum could stay with if not beat some of them....frankly they kind of s**k.

It will be interesting to see the elimination round next week, hope some of the girls put a whoopin' on some of the guys as it seems they should.
[/quote]

Some of them arent very good. Jay and Brent are easily the best out of the group. Matthew isnt bad. I have played golf with Jay, and let me assure you he is very good. Winning 9 times on the hooters tour is no joke.
[/quote]

I agree completely, Jay and Brent showed they were at the top of the class last night. As far as the men go, these are the only two that look, swing, and score like Tour Players!

It seems to me that BB plays most of their golf from the regular tees. The holes they play are extremely short for what is supposed to be a professional level. Last night they had a 133 yard par3, a 501 yard par5, and a 421 yard par4. It's a relatively small sampling but to me if any one of those contestants didn't finish that three hole stretch of extremely short holes in -1 under par or lower they should consider another career.
[/quote]

I thought Jay's team had the day off, didn't they?

Callaway Rogue 10.5
Callaway 3Deep w/PX 6.0
Ping i20 2 Hy & Idea Pro 4 Hy
Ping i25 5-UW
Scotty Cameron Notchback
Ping Tour Gorge 54 & Vokey SM8 58

Awsi & Staff
G8 piece of investigative work on the next potential BB series and its contestants.
Were you both recruited into the cadet program of the Florida division of the FBI when they were recruiting in the 80's?[/quote]

Maybe this forum can identify all 12 names and spare Big Break the need for a press release. We'll beat them to it by a couple of months. Of course, location is unknown. Probably in the West, if it's legit that Meghan flew from Atlantic City to California at the end of May. I doubt she round tripped in short order.

I checked some names tonight, focusing on males from recent seasons. Nothing seemed definite but a few possibles. Andy Walker had the twitter gap from May 29 to June 18 and then wished someone a belated happy birthday in his first tweet upon resuming. James Lepp doesn't tweet dependably every day but he also had the similar gap between May 29 and June 15. Brian Cooper was the oddity. He tweets many times per day on average but then only twice between June 2 and June 16. One was a retweet. Once he resumed regularly, somebody welcomed him back and Cooper rather defensively said he didn't know he had been anywhere. Wasn't convincing.

I'm pulling for another sample of Justin Payne and all those course records but he didn't appear to have an account.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1371709778' post='7288100']
Awsi & Staff
Were you both recruited into the cadet program of the Florida division of the FBI when they were recruiting in the 80's?[/quote]

Maybe this forum can identify all 12 names and spare Big Break the need for a press release. We'll beat them to it by a couple of months. Of course, location is unknown. Probably in the West, if it's legit that Meghan flew from Atlantic City to California at the end of May. I doubt she round tripped in short order.

I checked some names tonight, focusing on males from recent seasons. Nothing seemed definite but a few possibles. Andy Walker had the twitter gap from May 29 to June 18 and then wished someone a belated happy birthday in his first tweet upon resuming. James Lepp doesn't tweet dependably every day but he also had the similar gap between May 29 and June 15. Brian Cooper was the oddity. He tweets many times per day on average but then only twice between June 2 and June 16. One was a retweet. Once he resumed regularly, somebody welcomed him back and Cooper rather defensively said he didn't know he had been anywhere. Wasn't convincing.

I'm pulling for another sample of Justin Payne and all those course records but he didn't appear to have an account.
[/quote]

I saw Justin Payne a few days ago. I asked if he had been playing lately, he simply said no. Could be hiding the fact he's on the show or he actually hasn't been playing golf. I really don't know the guy so couldn't tell either way.

M2 9.5
M2 15
MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3
MP18 SC 4-5
MP18 6-PW
SM6 52.8
SM6 56.10
SM6 60.4
2016 Select Newport 2

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1371590854' post='7275870']
Jason is painful to watch on tv over dramatic comments and playing slow on purpose.
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

This guy drives me insane. What a drama queen he is. All this clap trap about getting all the negative feelings out before even the most simple shot. He also tries to avoid the harder shots in the challenges and do the putts that you know hes going to miss. I was so hopeing he was going home last night but he somehow slid by. He could shorten the show by 15 minutes if he would just say, Im scared crapless Im going to choke on this shot.

I wish he would man up and just walk up the shot, take a look and pull the trigger.

Handicap 7.7

Did a bit more researching, haven;t come up with any home runs, but have ruled out a lot of previous players...

There are many ladies from earlier seasons, that just don't use twitter. Also some ladies have accounts but don't use/update them very often so it;s not a real reliable indicator there - a good example is Kelly Villareal.

So far, we pretty much know...

IN
Shannon Fish
Mallory Blackwelder
Meghan Hardin

OUT - Based on Activity during the time period.
All of BB Mexico ladies - figure the early outers Lindsey and Emily might jump back in real quick but no.
Elana Robles
Maiya Tanaka
Misa Tanaka
Christina Stockon
Anya Alverez
Selanee Henderson
Natalia Ghilzon
Annie Mallory
Allison Micheletti
Kelly Sheehan
Samantha Head
Rachel Lubahn
Kelly Jacques
Alexandria Buelow
Valeria Ochoa
Nicki DeSanto
Christina Lecuyer
Rachel Melendez
Taryn Durham
Seema Sadekar
Aubrey McCormick
Gloriana Soto
Whitney Wright
Sara Brown

Unable to determine but unlikely
Kelly Villareal
Sophie Sandalo
Tina Miller (there is a gap, but not as large as the others)

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

Staff & Awsi
Nice continuous CSI work....I can only imagine your level of intensity and commitment if you got paid. :cheesy:[size=4] [/size]

[size=4]I've figured it out.[/size][size=4] [/size]

[size=4]BB is copying Survivor.....[/size][size=4]The next series will be Fans vs. Favs[/size]
[size=4]So they got 6 Fav's.....and the 6 Fans will be newbies.[/size]

[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1371768586' post='7293394']
Staff & Awsi
Nice continuous CSI work....I can only imagine your level of intensity and commitment if you got paid. :cheesy:

[size=4]I've figured it out.[/size]

[size=4]BB is copying Survivor.....[/size][size=4]The next series will be Fans vs. Favs[/size]
[size=4]So they got 6 Fav's.....and the 6 Fans will be newbies.[/size]
[/quote]

I actually had the same thought, since we seem to be having trouble finding 8 or even 6 prior women. That being said, there are quite a few ladies not using twitter that might surprise us...

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

McKenzie deserved to be eliminated, after taking 20 seconds to hit a putt in a speed golf challenge. But I've got to give her credit for covering all the methods to waste time -- removing the pin, marking the ball, returning the ball mark to her cap, retreating to line up the putt, and two practice strokes.

I thought I was watching a speed golf parody.

Besides, Golf Channel hilariously included a blurb on the screen recently, crediting McKenzie with Top 10 finishes in Cactus Tour events. That's like touting Top 10s in the Pac 12. The most recent Cactus Tour event had 7 players. An amateur received a prize after opening 88-88. In McKensize's two most recent Top 10s on that tour, one event had 15 players and the other 17.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1372012054' post='7307486']

That's like touting Top 10s in the Pac 12.

[/quote]

OMG I almost lost it when I read this... :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size] :cheesy:[size=4] [/size]

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1371763788' post='7292852']
IN
Shannon Fish
Mallory Blackwelder
Meghan Hardin

[/quote]

Thanks for listing it that way. In looking at those names as a block, I realized that twitter might not be required to make sensible guesses toward other names.

All three of those players had high profile disputes on the show. But they peaked so late there wasn't a satisfactory resolution. Big Break producers aren't the type to let delicious opportunities like that pass.

* Mallory was on Team Liffey with Andy Walker. It seemed amiable enough at first. But Andy started to mouth off later in the series, and he was particularly annoyed when Jules joined their living quarters. Obviously that didn't play well with Mallory, and it probably irked her even more once she began dating Jules. As I recall, Mallory wanted Andy to call her out during elimination, so she could get rid of him, and he obliged. Andy had the advantage but he blew a couple of short putts on consecutive holes, essentially choking himself off the series. Mallory and the other members of the living quarters toasted the outcome and made jokes at Andy's expense.

Big Break is not going to allow an opportunity like that to get away, just like they reunited feuders Lori and Christina, and Blake and Andrew, although that one patched itself up.

* Shannon was out very quickly at Big Break Atlantis, second eliminated. Unfortunate, because she seemed like a talented player with an attitude. That series had lousy distribution in the players knocked out early, as many of us emphasized in the related thread. If Shannon returns, it's only logical that Zakiya Randall joins her. Zakiya irritated her team by surrendering all of her points to dodge elimination. During the spicy reunion show, Shannon called out Zakiya, basically saying Z was scared and considered herself the weakest player on the team, hence the need to avoid the elimination challenge. Z seemed stunned. She's chatty and obviously distinct in her own right, but went out early. That's the combo they often prioritize for a reunion version.

* Atlantis was a favorite of Golf Channel. That was obvious. They initiated the Breed Academy during that series to spotlight the ladies, and brought back the reunion episode after an absence of a half dozen years or more. I doubt they'll be shy to bring back 4 players from that series, and counting to 4 is easy when you remember Meghan Hardin and Kelly Villarreal, and their spat during the reunion episode. Meghan said something to the effect that she wasn't satisfied with her 15 minutes of fame. She wanted to pursue tournament golf and made a dig at players who advanced further than her on the series, yet either weren't playing tournament golf, or faring miserably in those events. Kelly took it as a shot against her, and spoke out. I think Aubrey entered the fray, if I remember correctly, sticking up for Kelly. But Kelly was the target, and shook her head in disgust at Meghan entering a commercial. Besides, if they are choosing who to bring back among Kelly or Aubrey, I know what Big Break producers will prioritize.

That's the way I handicap it, anyway. If I'm wrong it won't be the first time, as my recent LPGA picks verify.

Otherwise, I hope we're surprised with one or two players from much earlier in Big Break history. Donatello and Skatell should be invited back every time.

[quote name='Awsi Dooger' timestamp='1372059783' post='7311590']
[quote name='78Staff' timestamp='1371763788' post='7292852']
IN
Shannon Fish
Mallory Blackwelder
Meghan Hardin

[/quote]

[size=4]* Mallory was on Team Liffey with Andy Walker. It seemed amiable enough at first. But Andy started to mouth off later in the series, and he was particularly annoyed when Jules joined their living quarters. Obviously that didn't play well with Mallory, and it probably irked her even more once she began dating Jules. [/size]
[/quote]

Julian got some airtime this weekend with Graham DeLaet, of course they called him Justin lol. Caddies get no respect.

I agree, seems like a no brainer to bring Kelly back as well, to bad she is not very active on twitter so we can't be sure. I'm also surprised Whitney Wright wouldn't come back if asked, she also was an early outer and had a conflict with the model guy that left with the medical issue, in fact blaming him squarely for her even being in the elimination challenge. Both coming back would be a good fit. Another good return choice would be Christina Lecuyer, imo. And of course who can forget the original drama team, Danielle and Pam :pimp:[size=4] [/size]

Good to see Ken Duke win, I was crushed when Stroud chipped in on 18, I figured Ken would have a hard time coming down off the high of a few moments before, but he damn sure stuck it on the 2nd playoff hole!

712MB S300 
Vokey SM6 56/60
Cameron Fastback 2

[quote name='butch33611' timestamp='1371756750' post='7292010']
[quote name='Mr22putt' timestamp='1371590854' post='7275870']
[/quote]

+1
[/quote]

This guy drives me insane. What a drama queen he is. All this clap trap about getting all the negative feelings out before even the most simple shot. He also tries to avoid the harder shots in the challenges and do the putts that you know hes going to miss. I was so hopeing he was going home last night but he somehow slid by. He could shorten the show by 15 minutes if he would just say, Im scared crapless Im going to choke on this shot.

I wish he would man up and just walk up the shot, take a look and pull the trigger.
[/quote]

One weird dude.

Bye bye.

TM '07 Burner TP 8.5° Protopype 80X
TM '07 Burner TP 14.5° PX 10A2
Adams Pro Idea Gold 18° PX HB6
Mizuno MP 32 3-PW DGS300
Cleveland 588 RTG 51°/56°/60°
The Wilson 8802