Big Break Mexico... (merged)

78Staff

I hate to say I was glad to see anyone go but the producers did a great job of making Jason into an overly dramatic guy that seemed to not have the talent to be on BB. I know there is a guy on here that is friends with him and said he is a great golfer but the producers never showed that. Come to think of it, they seem to do that every season (have a player that shouldn't be there in the first place).

TaylorMade M3 w/HZRDUS Yellow stiff
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3 wood w/HZRDUS Red stiff
TaylorMade M3 2 hybrid (set to 19*) w/HZRDUS Black stiff
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 61
TaylorMade Spider Black

Gameball: Vice Pro Plus, Srixon Q Star Tour

• Replies 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, a lot of hate on this forum. Tell you guys what, put your game out there, try out for the show and if by some miracle you are good enough to make it, perform at your best and after you do that, then you can judge others. I was with Jason the day his dad died, 1 week before he left for the show. Would you be able to get over it that soon if it was your dad?

Having lost a parent(many years ago) I can understand how it must have effected him being that it was so recent to the start of the show. Jason must have already been selected for the show prior to his Father's passing but I got the feeling in those post interviews that they prompted him over and over to talk about it to add to the drama of the show. We never hear what the interviewer is asking to prompt their responses so we never really know in what context they are coming from on certain subjects. So you have to cut Jason some major slack, he just lost his Father for God's sake!!!

With all that said, Jason went home for one reason, lack of ability. You can get mad and say well everyone on the show is a great player but that just isn't true just as on the show Survivor not every contestant would survive out in the real wilderness for 48 hours on their own. These are made for TV game shows and there is always a mix of real talent, personalities, and or interesting stories.

All the contestants knew it was a no brainer pick for Matt. Pick Jason, make two pars and advance to the next show, mission accomplished.

This might be the first time that BB has given away the ending with the title of the episode. "Fear The Beard".

Glad he is gone because I do not believe he was the best player on the series, but hate that he had the pressure of his dad's death (whether self inflicted pressure or not) on his shoulders so close to the filming of the series. I do wonder what game he could have brought with a clean slate entering the series.

I was thinking that Brent was the best player, but after tonight, it might go to Taylor.

TM Sim2 w/ Tensei CK White

TM Sim2 Titanium 15* w/ Diamana Kai'li
TM Sim2 3h w/ AXIVCore Green
TM P790 4i w/ HZRDUS Smoke
TM P7MC 5 - 8 w/ Project X LZ

TM P7MB 9 - PW w/ Project X LZ
TM MG 50 and 55 w/ Project X LZ

TM MG Hi-Toe 60 w/ Project X LZ
TM TP Balboa
TM TP5x Yellow

[quote name='Yepyukon' timestamp='1372135094' post='7318674'] This might be the first time that BB has given away the ending with the title of the episode. "Fear The Beard". [/quote]

Exactly. That was the most important tidbit, and it made the elimination outcome a formality.

Years ago they were more more careless with the titles and hinted at the result several times. But this was the only time there was an unmistakable connection. Early in the show I thought Matthew would knock out Liebelie, whose hair and eyes during confessional seemed to indicate emotion and distress.

Hard to believe a 4-man team survived that challenge format, with best combined score advancing on the par 3. I thought Matthew was a considerable favorite as long as he made par. It was also an extreme rarity on any Big Break, when Team Maya made 4 consecutive putts to stay alive. Taylor is overachieving and let's hope it continues. She's a babe.

I'm glad Jason is gone. I don't know what recommended him for this series. Not his golf or personality, at least not that we witnessed. Granted, I can't imagine playing in front of cameras within weeks of my dad's death. I didn't play period for nearly 6 months after my dad died last year. Robert Floyd was topping and shanking the ball on Big Break when his series was filmed not long after the death of his mother. But Jason never demonstrated any warmth or self-depreciating humor, as Floyd did. Just the opposite. His teammates were ignoring him, in line with the editing of the series, yet Jason seemingly didn't understand it. Brent and Stephanie were barely rooting for him -- if at all -- during elimination. Jason's reasoning and excuses were weak, like playing slow until being warned, and tonight telling Brent that he'd "explain it later" why it was best for Brent to hit first. We were never treated to that explanation, no doubt because it was either absent or pathetic.

Let's face it, minus the friends on this forum, the comments toward Jason would have been exponentially more numerous and harsh. I say that without reservation, after reading dozens and dozens of Big Break pages on this forum and elsewhere. It's been admirable restraint, and only natural for some negativity to spill out tonight, now that he's gone and there won't be another appropriate chance. Jason certainly isn't a candidate for a reunion version, unlike Robert Floyd, whose presence this fall wouldn't be shocking.

BTW, Jason may be a teaching pro but he could use some help in that regard. His friends here shouldn't be shy. They'll be of more value there than in deflecting forum comments. Jason has some nice elements to his swing but the backswing is far too long, particularly on his long game. Shorten it as much as a foot and positive results will follow.

One other comment about Matt. Being on his own puts him in a better position than before with his three teammates gone. He is one of the top 3-4 players in the show and that allowed him to hang in there and tie the advantage challenge last night. I would bet that if his whole team was still in tact they would have lost that challenge outright.
He no longer has to rely on anyone for his survival and he has the game to beat anyone of the players head to head. The only downside to his position(as Lindsey found out) is it only takes one bad shot at the wrong time to knock you out of the game.

I hope they keep the team format in tact and not band everybody together like Survivor does. I really believe Matt is going to hang in there(probably just gave him the kiss of death and he'll get knocked out next week,,,lol)!

I couldn't imagine being in his position. Losing my father and having to go on TV in front of a national audience, kudos to him for keeping it together through the show. As has been mentioned before, I'm sure he was guided into a lot of the sound bites that were played to drum up the drama. That one camera shot with his head down while facing the bunker seemed horribly contrived and unnecessary.
That aside, while he might be a solid teaching pro, his game didn't measure up to the better players on BB, let alone players on the tour. His swing seems all over the place and his choice of clubs (7 iron for a bump and run from a few yards off the green ) seemed poor. Aside from entertaining TV, the show is supposed to give guys a chance to make it on the tour, and he just doesn't seem to have the game to get there.

Like I said in my earlier post, I my intention wasn't to come down like a ton of bricks, but had he won would it had been because of his dad! I do blame the producers if they prompted him to repeatedly talk abut it! How impressive would it had been if we dint know bout his dad passing and he had won.. And then told us about it!

I love watching these people. Seeing them play and make the odd mistake makes it easy to relate and identify with them.
I'm sure it's not all sunshine and rainbows while participating on the show but it looks like it would be a lot of fun. I'm glad that someone decided to create a show like this based around golf and it's not just another jersey shore type show.

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*
Adams Super XTD 19*
Mizuno H4 21*
Taylormade TP MB 4-PW
Bettinardi Kuchar 1 - 35"
Titleist Vokey 54, 58, 62*

[quote name='ajschn06' timestamp='1372185904' post='7322004']
The thing that really bothered me about Jason was his ridiculous confidence followed by his terrible shots...
[/quote]
That and the excessive amount of time he spends talking as if he is a contributor to his team..

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*
Adams Super XTD 19*
Mizuno H4 21*
Taylormade TP MB 4-PW
Bettinardi Kuchar 1 - 35"
Titleist Vokey 54, 58, 62*

[quote name='midweston' timestamp='1372188021' post='7322284']
I think Brent is at another level on the guys side. Who do we think is the female favorite? I think Taylor's moment will have passed now.
[/quote]

As much as I want to say its Taylor, didn't the other girl also birdie that hole twice in a row also, with shorter putts? I can't remember her name because, well because she isn't Taylor.

The thing that really bothered me about Jason was his ridiculous confidence followed by his terrible shots...
[/quote]

His hipster golf look bothered me the most.

He also needs to invest in some dry fit shirts, he was putting some serious sweat stains on his shirt during the last episode.

[quote name='sigmapete1' timestamp='1372188616' post='7322346']
[quote name='midweston' timestamp='1372188021' post='7322284']
I think Brent is at another level on the guys side. Who do we think is the female favorite? I think Taylor's moment will have passed now.
[/quote]

As much as I want to say its Taylor, didn't the other girl also birdie that hole twice in a row also, with shorter putts? I can't remember her name because, well because she isn't Taylor.
[/quote]

Stephanie.

[quote name='mbell697' timestamp='1372210338' post='7324638']
Is there any way to watch this show other than to actually catch it when it airs? I can't find in on on demand (comcast), looked through the guide and found no recasts till next monday, nor could I find it anywhere online.
[/quote]

It's on golf channel's website including past seasons.

[/quote]

Only to be followed by positive statements like "I hit a great shot.....I just hit it long, and to the right side and behind the bunker." Uh, OK then.....

or after sending a chip to the other side of the green...."I hit it exactly the way I wanted to." Uh, then you should not try and hit it like that again.....

Glad to see him leave.....guy was just annoying.

How about Taylor and her putting/ Dayum....girl has some skills with the flat stick. (and is pretty smoking, too!! :fan_1: )

[quote name='sigmapete1' timestamp='1372266077' post='7328300']
[quote name='Power13' timestamp='1372259112' post='7327496']
How about Taylor and her putting/ Dayum....girl has some skills with the flat stick. (and is pretty smoking, too!! :fan_1: )
[/quote]

How do I know I am obsessed with golf? Because clutch putting makes a girl seem even hotter.
[/quote]

I'm betting most won't agree with me here, but Liebelei just works for me......especially when she is swinging a club. :blush2::blush2:

[quote name='Power13' timestamp='1372276261' post='7329550']
[/quote]

How do I know I am obsessed with golf? Because clutch putting makes a girl seem even hotter.
[/quote]

I'm betting most won't agree with me here, but Liebelei just works for me......especially when she is swinging a club. :blush2::blush2:
[/quote]

No I'm with you, I'd agree shes up there with Taylor. This was a good season.

[quote name='sigmapete1' timestamp='1372290239' post='7330820']
[quote name='Power13' timestamp='1372276261' post='7329550']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No I'm with you, I'd agree shes up there with Taylor. This was a good season.
[/quote]

Me three, she's my favorite, must be the accent

Cobra F9 Speedback 9.5*
Ping G15 15.5*
Ping G 19*
Adams Idea Pro Black 9031 23*
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 5-AW
Ping Glide 2.0 54* SS
Taylormade Milled 58*
Taylormade Spider Tour