2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Pinned? Best modern balls for vintage clubs

I was always a Titleist man in the balata days until Dunlop came out with the Maxfli HT-100. I became an instant fan. I played them until they quit making them. On modern balls I ended up mostly playing the Titleist pro V series. Had a few flirts with Precept (actually liked their tour ball) and Srixon. Not to go into repeating detail see my post on the other thread but I have switched to the Srixon Soft Feel for now. But for me my "Holy Grail" of all balls ever produced was the HT-100 and guess what? I still have 6 or 8 of them and I will from time to time take them out to a little par 3 course and hit them with my old wedges. I have been careful over the years storing them in the house wrapped up in a box in the bottom of my dresser and they have not seemed to deteriote any or even yellow

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W--- TM V-Steel TMR7 REAX 55g R

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

5 Hybrid-- Cobra Baffler DWS NVS 60A High Launch

Irons 5 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Rusty 1997 Scottie Santa Fe-- Fluted Bulls Eye Shaft

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the wound balls I have lying around are HT100s. Had only just started playing when they were still around, so they weren't really on the radar until they'd been retired in the marketplace.

I got a sleeve of HT90s along with a dozen of the old Circle P balls back around 2000 or so. They were the practice balls Maxfli sold at the time, mostly Revolutions, with some HTs in there. Gave them to #2 son, he used them fairly well, watched him hit and velcro-stick a 40 yd pitch shot. I was intrigued.

Loved all those Maxfli balls, Revolution, A10, M3 Red/Black.... probably why I've liked almost all TM balls. :)

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I do wish there were GGs or Dick's in Canada. Still love just looking down at the Maxfli logo, and by all accounts the U/ series are fine balls.

Need to get my hands on an NOS sleeve of DDH Tour Ltd.

D -  TM Stealth+ Kuro Kage 5th Gen 60g S

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

4-PW W/S D7 Forged KBS $ Taper Lite S
48* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

54* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

60* W - Cleveland Zipcore RTX 6 DGS S

Putter - 22 TM Spider X Short Slant Hydroblast

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1430784905' post='11499003']
Most of the wound balls I have lying around are HT100s. Had only just started playing when they were still around, so they weren't really on the radar until they'd been retired in the marketplace.

I got a sleeve of HT90s along with a dozen of the old Circle P balls back around 2000 or so. They were the practice balls Maxfli sold at the time, mostly Revolutions, with some HTs in there. Gave them to #2 son, he used them fairly well, watched him hit and velcro-stick a 40 yd pitch shot. I was intrigued.

Loved all those Maxfli balls, Revolution, A10, M3 Red/Black.... probably why I've liked almost all TM balls. :)
[/quote]I presume they may still be making the TM balls at the old Dunlop/Slazenger plant in Greenville S.C. I do not know for sure if that plant is still open.

Stu, found a story dated in 2013 that mentioned TM having bought the plant in SC, but were moving it to Pickens County from Oconee County. Their North American golf ball HQ was to be moving to SC, they were going to produce most of the TM balls from that new plant.

They offered the opportunity for each of the employees at the Oconee plant to keep their jobs, transferring to the new plant (looks to be about 30 miles away?). The story hinted at expansion of the plant, further job creation. I didn't look for a story to check the aftermath.

Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 9.5*, 43.5", NV75X -or- Cobra SpeedZone, ProtoPype 80X, 43.25"

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

I've seen various DDH balls on eBay, but have no idea which are the good versions...

In my case, by the way, getting the rare great contact without an outside-in swing path has MUCH more effect on my results than any ball.
My best hits have been with Pinnacle Gold, Srixon yellow something, Titlest V1, Callaway (probably SS), and maybe Bridgestone (soft).
I'm playing 100% 'found' balls.

I tend to prefer softer balls, but I couldn't say I hit them better. I'd love to sample boxes of various balls at the driving range.

SMG, absolutely correct in that swing trumps ball. And the last good DDH balls were made in the early 2000s.

This being said, the wrong ball may make bad misses even worse. That Pinnacle will not go as offline as a high spin tour ball will. Plus, when you do play the same ball regularly, you gain the ever important consistency, especially around the green.

Being garage sale season, it might be a good time to look for someone selling ice cream pails of used golf balls. Or, pick through the bin or used balls at your local course. This is a great inexpensive way to try different balls. Going ball hawking on a well-treed course isn't a bad idea either.

As a golfer trying to break 100 (and with an out to in swing), you'll may do better for now with 2-piece balls, and you can pick how soft you like them. The Wilson Staff Elite 50, Precept Laddie X, Srixon Soft Feel, and even soft Maxfli and Slazenger offerings from Dick's/GG are inexpensive ways to get consistent play from a specific ball. Most importantly, if you find a ball you like the feel of, stick with it and play it for multiple rounds. Having confidence in how the ball will perform is important as you get better at various aspects of the game.

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1430840443' post='11502807']
Stu, found a story dated in 2013 that mentioned TM having bought the plant in SC, but were moving it to Pickens County from Oconee County. Their North American golf ball HQ was to be moving to SC, they were going to produce most of the TM balls from that new plant.

They offered the opportunity for each of the employees at the Oconee plant to keep their jobs, transferring to the new plant (looks to be about 30 miles away?). The story hinted at expansion of the plant, further job creation. I didn't look for a story to check the aftermath.
[/quote]Thanks The old plant I was talking about was right on I-85 around exit 44 or so. I think it was in Greenville County but Pickens and Oconee counties are bordering counties for Greenville County

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1430773506' post='11497687']
I have been careful over the years storing them in the house wrapped up in a box in the bottom of my dresser and they have not seemed to deteriote any or even yellow
[/quote]
I have a box of mixed balatas -- Titleists and Maxfli HTs & RMs -- The Titleists are all yellow while the Maxflis look brand spanky new!

10.5* TI Cally Rogue ST TD S GD AD DI-6(x)
15* TI Cally Epic Speed GD AD IZ-7(x)

18* TI Cally Rogue ST  Matrix Code-7 (s) or 8M2 (x)

24* Cally 2014 Apex UT Matrix Altus (s)
5-PW Cally Apex Pro 19 Double Dot Raw Matte Black Nippon Modus 105 (s)

50* Cleveland RTX Black Matte Black Nippon Modus 105 (s)
54*/10 Cleveland RTX Tour Rack TI DG Spinner
58*/9 Cleveland RTX Full Face Tour Rack TI DG Spinner
34" Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 * 35" Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2

35"Odyssey O-Works V-Line Fang CH * 35" Odyssey Works 7 CH (Schauffele treatment by Continental Golf)

[quote name='oldschoolrocker' timestamp='1430819539' post='11501209']
Yes on the Maxfli balls. Found a few Maxfli Elites in like new condition in a bag I picked up at a thrift last week. Haven't been able to strike a full shot with one yet, but they chip and putt marvelously. I loved the "old" revolution.
[/quote]

I used to play the Elites, that was the softest wound ball ever. Plus, I was a sucker for the ads with Nicklaus in them.

[quote name='oldschoolrocker' timestamp='1430928139' post='11510129']
I won't have the opportunity to play the Elites for a few weeks, but am certainly looking forward to it. You are spot on with how soft they feel.
[/quote]

I'd forgotten, but I also bought a couple dozen Elites, after they'd been discontinued.

An interesting thing I've found about the Maxfli wound balls, or at least the HT and Elites that I've played. When I'd first put them in play, I noticed I got increased distance in the short irons.

My theory is related to my overall game. I hit the ball fairly high, and at the time I was playing the Elite, I was hitting it even higher than I do now. I noticed a lower trajectory with the Elite. It's possible this ball took me from borderline ballooning to a better trajectory, giving me that extra distance.

After playing Eye2+ for a full season a couple years ago, I now hit the ball lower than I formerly did. It might be interesting to see how the HTs work in these terms, it's been a while since I've put them in play....

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1430930440' post='11510417']
I won't have the opportunity to play the Elites for a few weeks, but am certainly looking forward to it. You are spot on with how soft they feel.
[/quote]

I'd forgotten, but I also bought a couple dozen Elites, after they'd been discontinued.

An interesting thing I've found about the Maxfli wound balls, or at least the HT and Elites that I've played. When I'd first put them in play, I noticed I got increased distance in the short irons.

My theory is related to my overall game. I hit the ball fairly high, and at the time I was playing the Elite, I was hitting it even higher than I do now. I noticed a lower trajectory with the Elite. It's possible this ball took me from borderline ballooning to a better trajectory, giving me that extra distance.

After playing Eye2+ for a full season a couple years ago, I now hit the ball lower than I formerly did. It might be interesting to see how the HTs work in these terms, it's been a while since I've put them in play....
[/quote]You will probably hit the HT-100s higher because those things when hit well will spin like a top. I can remember I was on Ping Staff in 93 and had a brand new set of eye 2s and the HT-100 was still being played. I do remember that they went higher with the Eye 2s than my bladed Power Bilt Citation irons. that Ping thing was another story. I was working and my clubs were in the corner in my Dad's old Ram Staff bag and that bag was getting ragged. had a set of 66 Citation Irons, Hogan Equalizer PW and a half worn out R-90 Sw. The woods were an old 3 screw Citation persimmon and an Old Hogan Speed Slot 5 wood. The only thing Ping was my Anser Putter and a Karsten 1 1iron. The rep asked 'what are those rental clubs?" I looked at him and told him I will show you rental clubs I get off at 3 have your self on the tee with your cash handy. Two weeks later I got a carton via UPS and a set of Eye2 irons and woods with a note Play these We did not give you a putter you already had a Ping putter. I tried them but did not play them much they sorta set in the shop for display. I ended up selling them to someone and kept the bag in fact I still have the bag today

[quote name='BIG STU' timestamp='1430943575' post='11511897']
[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1430930440' post='11510417']
[/quote]

[/quote]You will probably hit the HT-100s higher because those things when hit well will spin like a top.
[/quote]

That's the funny thing, Stu, I didn't hit them higher. such as I remember, the HT flew lower than what I'd been playing at the time, and gave me a bit of extra distance.

I'm very curious to see how they work with the alleged new, somewhat lower, flight. :)

Here's some balls good for vintage clubs:

9A9C062D-625E-41FB-BAEA-72D9D31C8348_zpsmmh6rky7.jpg

Got a big tub of old used balls last year, and finally had a chance to go through it tonight. Found 3 Titleist Professionals, though two were seriously warped. A few decent gamers in the bucket, plus a few retro balls to play. However, after going through the balls, I have only one question:

How the hell did Spalding ever go out of business. I mean seriously, a good 1/4 to 1/3rd of all the balls were some variant of Canada Cup, Top Flite, Star Flite, or one of the other 200 marques Spalding had.

Kind of neat to see a few old brands in there, including the Golden Ram Laser, some DDHs, and a Hogan 392. Those Lido Golden Jets are neat - almost like a sleeve ended up in the bucket. Never even heard of LIDO.

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

Steve, you may want to check out the used golf ball bins at thrift stores, etc. I find DT Wounds with some degree of regularity, usually can be had 4/$1.00. Found three the other day along with older Pro V's. Carry in my vehicle, one of those old ball roundness checker tools which I take with me when scrounging. Had this guy ask me the other day what I was doing. Apparently he had been waiting for me to finish, didn't noticed him standing there. Explained the ball roundness thing on a seriously out of round Balata. Found him a few balls while demonstrating the gizmo. LOL.

Scooter mentioned ^, seemingly half the balls in a ball bin are Top Flights. Saw some Maxfli DDH's as well but I didn't know. There is this argument that once one finds a ball that is a good match, you should stick with it. Dunno, I'm not good enough to be that fussy. Maybe, switching everything up all the time is the reason I'm not that good (not that a swing has anything to do with it).

Laissez les bons temps rouler!

OGA - Mitglied Nummer Sechs

[quote name='DonMega884' timestamp='1430992133' post='11515313']
Why use vintage clubs? It's like going from WIFI internet to AOL 5.0
[/quote]

Oh grasshopper; it is not the destination that fascinates us, but the journey. To experience the feel of a well struck balata on persimmon. A flushed 2 iron. To curve a stinger 40 yards around an obstacle. For many, the memories of an earlier time come flooding back so thick that you can almost reach out and touch them. It is a way to the Zen of golf.

My problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent

Cobra F-Max Airspeed 10.5°

Adams Tight Lies 2.0 3W/7W

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 56° SW

Cleveland CBX Fullface 60° LW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

For many in this section of the WRX, the enjoyment of finding and playing classic and vintage clubs becomes the raison d'etre for the pursuit. Look around a little in here, see if you can get a sense of what I mean. One of our esteemed members posted this, and I thought it was a well written description of the why (hope you don't mind Scooter):

".....I think the beauty with us aged specimens is that the arguement can be made all day about scoring better with GI irons. We will sagely nod our heads, and in many cases agree with those arguing.

Problem is, we really don't care. We are chasing a feeling, a memory, or something we cannot define. We are not chasing score. We play golf, not golf swing, or golf score. We have a thread with "equipment finds", not to compare, critique, or debate, but to rejoice in the good fortune of others. We talk about challenges we have with our equipment, not to discuss changing it, but instead to encourage each other to keep at it.

Much like a '57 Chevy, we don't want the fastest car. We instead sit back, enjoy the aesthetic, appreciate the craftsmanship that went into its creation, then head out for a leisurely Sunday drive, a drive that may involve a chocolate-dipped soft serve from Dairy Queen.

So no, I'm not worried about GI vs. blades pervading this section of the forum, as we will all acknowledge that for most golfers, GI clubs are more forgiving and can help them score better.

The fact is, we simply don't care.

As we get older, we learn enjoying the drive is just as important as getting to the destination."

[quote name='Fellaheen51' timestamp='1430986467' post='11515239']
Steve, you may want to check out the used golf ball bins at thrift stores, etc. I find DT Wounds with some degree of regularity, usually can be had 4/$1.00. Found three the other day along with older Pro V's. Carry in my vehicle, one of those old ball roundness checker tools which I take with me when scrounging. Had this guy ask me the other day what I was doing. Apparently he had been waiting for me to finish, didn't noticed him standing there. Explained the ball roundness thing on a seriously out of round Balata. Found him a few balls while demonstrating the gizmo. LOL.

Scooter mentioned ^, seemingly half the balls in a ball bin are Top Flights. Saw some Maxfli DDH's as well but I didn't know. There is this argument that once one finds a ball that is a good match, you should stick with it. Dunno, I'm not good enough to be that fussy. Maybe, switching everything up all the time is the reason I'm not that good (not that a swing has anything to do with it).
[/quote]

Cool story - was thinking about one of those roundless/balance gizmos when looking at the lumpy old Titleist professionals.

Fella, nothing says you need to play a specific ball. In fact, trying different balls is a fun way to experiment with your game in an inexpensive way. This being stated, the most important thing is to understand what kind of ball you are playing, and how it reacts.

For example, I have tried a new ball, and banished it to the "never again" bin after playing only two holes, mainly as I dislike its manner around the green. There are other balls I keep going back to (Wilson Staff 50 Elite and Duo, and pretty much any urethane covered ball) as I kmow how they will react off the tee, appraoching the green, and on the green. And some days, I play a two-piece cheapie ball, especially if I'm playing a course in firm fast conditions, and I'm running the ball up to the green, not parachuting it in.

Again, know the ball and how it acts, and this allows you to remove a variable from the game.

I do love it when folks like DonMega wander in - every new person that drops in is an opportunity to recruit a new member of our "club". Hang out with us for a bit Don, visit your local thrift to find some vintage forged irons, and I'm sure you'll "get it" after the first time you flush a beautifully drawn 7i around some trees to 4' from the pin.

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

[quote name='DonMega884' timestamp='1430992133' post='11515313']
Why use vintage clubs? It's like going from WIFI internet to AOL 5.0
[/quote]

You my friend, need to understand one thing. It's not the clubs that make the golfer, it's your swing and your ability to deal with your mental tendencies to fail that make you a better golfer.

CHASING CLASSIC CLUBS

Thx for the tips on balls Scooter. If their is one "all-purpose" ball I've settled in on its the Wilson Duo. Just seems to fit my game well.

Regarding our drop in guest. Remember the first time I stumbled in here, following a thread that originated elsewhere. Felt like a "Stranger in a Strange Land". Seems like eons ago (actually last September).

[quote name='Fellaheen51' timestamp='1430994851' post='11515365']
Much like a '57 Chevy
[/quote]

In spite of the comment to which Fella responded being something of a troll, I have to chime in.

The original analogy is a poor one. I think the classic car analogy is much better, though I was thinking of a late 60s Camaro vs a 2012 Camaro. Or 2012 model year of anything. :)

There might be more cutesy bells and whistles in the modern vehicle, but it doesn't transport you to your destination in a significantly different manner.

[quote name='Fellaheen51' timestamp='1431003533' post='11515849']
Thx for the tips on balls Scooter. If their is one "all-purpose" ball I've settled in on its the Wilson Duo. Just seems to fit my game well.

Regarding our drop in guest. Remember the first time I stumbled in here, following a thread that originated elsewhere. Felt like a "Stranger in a Strange Land". Seems like eons ago (actually last September).
[/quote]

Thanks Fella,

Now I have the guitar riff of "Stranger in a Strange Land" echoing in my head, from the underrated Iron Maiden album, "Somewhere in Time".

And as stated last year, we're glad to have you, just as the motley crew here was glad to have me when I dropped in a few (2? 3?) years ago. We'll be glad to have DonMega if he decides to hang out. On a daily basis, these threads remind me that civility and the Internet are not mutually exclusive.

Duo is not a bad all around ball either, though the price is less than stellar as it often leaks into low-cost urethane ball territory (i.e. Gamer Tour, U/3).

I'm kind of personally happy that I tried the 50 Elite again (runs about 1/2 the price of the Duo). I bought a dozen of the yellow and orange ones a few years ago, and was very disappointed with them dueto the cover hardness, especially as the 50/50 was the ball that had me buying Wilson Staff products again. However, the white ones seem to still have that great cover, the one it shared with the lost but not forgotten 3-piece Zip.

Think I'll "like" DonMega's post to see if we can suck him back in. I encourage you all to do the same.

4W - Ping Anser TFC S

3H - Ping Anser TFC S

Srixon Z-Star - Yellow
10.7 Hdcp (CPGA) 

[quote name='ScooterMcTavish' timestamp='1431005542' post='11516011']

Now I have the guitar riff of "Stranger in a Strange Land" echoing in my head, from the underrated Iron Maiden album, "Somewhere in Time".

[/quote]

You have exceptional taste, Scooter. :)

We really are the antithesis of the equipment driven perspective that populates the other forums of this board. Yes, equipment is what drew us together, but as Scott so eloquently put it, from a vastly different point-of-view.

I remember when I first stumbled upon this group, I read with curiosity. It was the thrill and sheer joy that came through in the words of those members describing their rounds, their new finds and the wonderful relationships that spawned from playing classic clubs and hickories that compelled me to give this a try. Since I started playing classics, I have pretty much lost interest in bringing out my modern bag, scores be damned!

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa                          

[quote name='ScooterMcTavish' timestamp='1431005542' post='11516011']
Think I'll "like" DonMega's post to see if we can suck him back in. I encourage you all to do the same.
[/quote]

If he's interested in genuine discussion, it could be interesting. If he's just trolling, not so much.

A comment was posted in the jumbo Blade Lovers thread in the Equipment forum. Essentially there's a not insignificant number of WRXers who were unhappy they were not able to troll the thread, by virtue of the topic and WRX rules about staying on topic.

Point being, I would be mildly surprised if someone who normally doesn't come to "these parts" were actually interested in genuine discussion. :)

[quote name='scomac2002' timestamp='1431006710' post='11516149']
We really are the antithesis of the equipment driven perspective that populates the other forums of this board. Yes, equipment is what drew us together, but as Scott so eloquently put it, from a vastly different point-of-view.

I remember when I first stumbled upon this group, I read with curiosity. It was the thrill and sheer joy that came through in the words of those members describing their rounds, their new finds and the wonderful relationships that spawned from playing classic clubs and hickories that compelled me to give this a try. Since I started playing classics, I have pretty much lost interest in bringing out my modern bag, scores be damned!
[/quote]

scomac, in my experience, scores not need be damned by eschewing the modern clubs.

I've posted about this in other threads, and probably more than once in the Classic folders... each of my forays into the world of regular persimmon-only golf has been met by an improvement in my scores (aside from a full year of Eye2+, and a couple months of ISI use, I've already had classic blades in the bag). My initial several month effort, the improvement was slight, but still noticeable. My second extended effort took me from low double digit hdcp to upper single digit.

There are a lot of factors in play, but I don't want to clutter the thread any more than I already have. Just felt obliged to point out you may not be discarding focus on score in order to play the clubs you enjoy. :)

[quote name='NRJyzr' timestamp='1431010267' post='11516533']
scomac, in my experience, scores not need be damned by eschewing the modern clubs.

I've posted about this in other threads, and probably more than once in the Classic folders... each of my forays into the world of regular persimmon-only golf has been met by an improvement in my scores (aside from a full year of Eye2+, and a couple months of ISI use, I've already had classic blades in the bag). My initial several month effort, the improvement was slight, but still noticeable. My second extended effort took me from low double digit hdcp to upper single digit.

There are a lot of factors in play, but I don't want to clutter the thread any more than I already have. Just felt obliged to point out you may not be discarding focus on score in order to play the clubs you enjoy. :)
[/quote]

Of this I have no doubt. All it will take is some time, but the transition period can be discouraging to some who upon giving up strokes may well be inclined to view the exercise as a lark.

The more used I get to playing vintage clubs, the more foreign the modern iterations feel in my hands. Even next to my compact little War bird driver, the modern Ti club seems like such a crude instrument. It certainly sounds that way despite its advantages when squared up.

Ping G30 4h/5h

Ping G 6-UW

Odyssey WRX V-Line Versa