Adams brand recognition

Fade to Black

[quote name='LOVE4LPGA' timestamp='1387382329' post='8317989']
[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387339875' post='8316393']

The lady that started the entire resale issue needs to do some homework.

You really stepped in some dog s*** when you brought the whole resale issue up which, until I iust did research, never thought about....seriously. UNfreakenBelievable.

[/quote]

[center][i][size=6][b]IT IS[/b][/size][/i][/center]

[center][i][size=6][b]WINTER IN AMERICA[/b][/size][/i][/center]
[/quote]

Glad to hear you like Wilson Staff. My CI 9s were stolen at a range in Santa Clara about 2 years ago....loved em. One of my high school buddies from Washington State is the pro at Gole Mountain and a Wilson Staff homer to the core....great sticks. I demod the d100s but hit a bunch of fliers. ?...I think the lofts were off lollll

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff
Wilson Staff 15* FW stiff
Wilson Staff D-100 19* hy
Adams CB3 4-GW KBS stock/stiff
Wilson Harmonized M3 putter/35"
Carbite 56* SW / Carbite TS 60* LW

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adams irons have HIGHER resale value than any club manufacturer in the world aside from Ping....and even that's only by pennies. Miuras have gawd awful resale value due to all of the customizations. The lady that started the entire resale issue needs to do some homework. I would say Callaways are the cheapest....especially the x line. You can get a shiny set of x18s for 50 bucks on ebay. Nikes the same...then I would lump Cleveland, TM and Cobra into the next. Wilson Staff, Ping, Titleist and Adams are at the top....don't ask me why but those are the FACTS....look it up. Now can we get off of this resale topic once and for all. First post FACTS lady instead of trying to start some iind of made up BS. You live in a fantasy world,...please STOP posting lies and incorrect, misleading information.....please. You really stepped in some dog s*** when you brought the whole resale issue up which, until I iust did research, never thought about....seriously. UNfreakenBelievable.
[/quote]
I happen to love Adams equipment but i have to say that this is probably the most ridiculous post i have ever seen on this forum...I would love to see you attempt to back up this wild claim.

People who don't swap clubs are probably not concerned with resale.

Club Ho's it would definitely be a factor.

Certain brands carry different images that people identify with. eg Cobra loud and aggrssive, Titlist skillful. Adams has not done any work marketing wise in this regard. Therefore they haven't really claimed a market segment.

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1387393823' post='8319085']
Adams irons have HIGHER resale value than any club manufacturer in the world aside from Ping....and even that's only by pennies. Miuras have gawd awful resale value due to all of the customizations. The lady that started the entire resale issue needs to do some homework. I would say Callaways are the cheapest....especially the x line. You can get a shiny set of x18s for 50 bucks on ebay. Nikes the same...then I would lump Cleveland, TM and Cobra into the next. Wilson Staff, Ping, Titleist and Adams are at the top....don't ask me why but those are the FACTS....look it up. Now can we get off of this resale topic once and for all. First post FACTS lady instead of trying to start some iind of made up BS. You live in a fantasy world,...please STOP posting lies and incorrect, misleading information.....please. You really stepped in some dog s*** when you brought the whole resale issue up which, until I iust did research, never thought about....seriously. UNfreakenBelievable.
[/quote]
I happen to love Adams equipment but i have to say that this is probably the most ridiculous post i have ever seen on this forum...I would love to see you attempt to back up this wild claim.
[/quote]

If you google resale golf equipment you can find it yourself. Stop being lazy. I'm about to tee off so I'll post s thread later if I can.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

[/quote]
I happen to love Adams equipment but i have to say that this[b] is probably the most ridiculous post [/b]i have ever seen on this forum...I would love to see you attempt to back up this wild claim.
[/quote]

+ 1000 here. I too love Adams equipment but I also know not to buy retail right when they come out.....ever. I feel the same about most of the other brands though. About the only brand I've seen that could resell and not lose your shirt is Titleist.

[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387404205' post='8320005']
[/quote]
[/quote]

If you google resale golf equipment you can find it yourself. Stop being lazy. I'm about to tee off so I'll post s thread later if I can.
[/quote]
I have been looking up resale values of golf clubs for years, and years, and years.....You my friend are touched in the head....

[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1387404519' post='8320029']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I have been looking up resale values of golf clubs for years, and years, and years.....You my friend are touched in the head....
[/quote]

Go back to broke back mountain you blind old man. Resale value for a crusty set of mb2-125, Ping i10s 50 bucks. Stop lying.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387404789' post='8320059']
[quote name='wobgon' timestamp='1387404519' post='8320029']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Go back to broke back mountain you blind old man. Resale value for a crusty set of mb2-125, Ping i10s 50 bucks. Stop lying.
[/quote]
Not the same era at all......Are you illiterate? What are you doing on a golf forum?

That's the trade in values. Resale golf equipmnet...can't hardly find a thing on the subject. Nobody has ever taken it into consideration apparently. ?..except for Urban cowboy here.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

[color=#008000]Thread cleaned up. :busted_cop: [/color]

[color=#008000]Please keep this in mind when posting.[/color]

[color=#ff0000][size=5]"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, or purposeless inflammatory posts." [/size][/color]

[color="#008000"]Thanks! [/color]

I understand the resale is not the best all over, even on WRX but IMO this makes them even more attractive. I HATE buying brand new clubs just because as soon as I hit it 25-50% of the value is gone.

You can buy a set of CMBs tht have been lightly gamed for $400-$500. If you wanted the same condition AP2/S56/TPMC with C-Tapers in the used market you would be looking at $650-$750 (before the release of 714/S55/New MC)

Also what about everyone asking for a forged GI iron? Adams has had one our for quite a while, but because of the name, they don't sell.

I Guarantee if you put titleist/ping/TMaG name on a set of CMBs they would be the best selling iron out there.

913D3 8.5* - Elements Chrome 7F5T
BioCell+ 14.5* - VTS Silver TourSPX 8SX
913Hd 18* - KBS Tour X
J40CB 3-P - DG Tour Issue X100
SM5 52F and 58K -DG Tour Issue S400
SC Monterey 1.5 - Blacked Out Pistolero
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1150133-jjensen-a-fresh-start-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

I use to play Adams. Got on the bandwagon long ago with their intro of the A4's. Awesome irons!! Still have the heads. Bought all the irons they released since then until the purchase of the CMB's. Chrome started pealing off the CMB's and they would do nothing for me. Finally spoke with a couple fella's who helped me out but by that time I was already onto another manufacturer.

Bought a couple of their products since but have off'ed them already.

They made great products at one time. Marketing to mid to low handicap players was good for the budget they had. Not so sure anymore.

[quote name='LOVE4LPGA' timestamp='1387425211' post='8321513']
All the cabin fever aside, and I am not the only one who is certain that drives a lot of the friction in this thread, turned out to be a great discussion!
[/quote]

I concur. I've enjoyed both sides of this discussion but at the end of the day, I don't think anybody in here has ever had their opinion of an OEM changed by a forum. The resale conversation makes me laugh, I dig it!

Cobra Fly-Z+
Cobra Amp Cell 3w/Cobra Rail F 5w
Cobra Amp Cell 2H
Mizuno MP-59
Mizuno MP-T4
Ping Anser 2

The CMBs are exceptional. That will be my next purchase. When you strike it pure there's no better feeling in golf. CB3s can be had for fairly cheap right now. A CB4 is in the works for release this Spring according to the assistant pro at Chambers Bay...golfing buddy. The whole resale issue of golf clubs is rediculous. It's good to see most would agree. I don't want to beat a dead horse anymore. I think the one thing we can all agree upon is the fact that Adams makes some of the best golf equipment there is.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

Shot 76 today with my CB3s. Played with my pro and Dad and they were both sticking lawn darts and shot 71 and 72 respectively. The good thing about central California is year round golf although it is cold out there. Still gets into the 70s though on a regular basis.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

I sell golf clubs for a living and resale never once crossed my mind.....nobody has ever asked me that question lollll. I guess if a set of irons cost 20k then yeah I would consider it. The retailers I work for don't have an iron set more than 1100.00. That's the most expensive iron set I ever sold and that was custom upgraded px shafts and pure grips the whole 9. Including the fitting. I fit him on the spot and he picked up his order that same afternoon. The thing is that retailers get bulk orders at wholesale, which is how the money is made. I'm done talking about resale, I wish it was never brought up because now it's on my mind and might effect the way I think and do business from now on. Idk

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387435819' post='8321951']

I'm done talking about resale...

[/quote]

Seriously? Because this is your [b]second post[/b] re-iterating your opinion since affirming that it is "beating a dead horse". lol

This one got under your skin. I am like that, too. My "bugs me" issue is people taking statements out of context of the subject thread to make broader points.

But it is beating a dead horse to re-iterate that the OP was speaking about this golf forum, not the industry.

For the most part, a really good, lively thread. Almost got derailed there in the middle, but quite informative and interesting in the end.

Nice healthy debate, folks. Keep it up.

[color=#ff0000][b]Driver: [/b][/color]Callaway GBB 9.5* (Project X HZRDUS Black 76g 6.5X)
[color=#ff0000][b]Hybrid: [/b][/color]Taylormade RBZ 19* (Fujikura Speeder TS H9.8)
[color=#ff0000][b]Irons: [/b][/color] Callaway Apex'14 4-PW (DG X100)
[color=#ff0000][b]Wedges: [/b][/color]Nike SV Tour (DG S400)
[color=#ff0000][b]Putter: [/b][/color]Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7
[b][color=#ff0000]Balls: [/color][/b]Srixon ZstarXV

Can't I just get a set of irons that goes straight, very high, and the distance I want to the yard?

Oh dammit...that's up to me you say? Well then i'm in trouble. Still going to buy Adams though for my hissy balls effect.

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='Fade to Black' timestamp='1387482348' post='8324113']
For the most part, a really good, lively thread. Almost got derailed there in the middle, but quite informative and interesting in the end.

Nice healthy debate, folks. Keep it up.
[/quote]

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[quote name='LOVE4LPGA' timestamp='1387475852' post='8323609']
[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387435819' post='8321951']
I'm done talking about resale...

[/quote]

Seriously? Because this is your [b]second post[/b] re-iterating your opinion since affirming that it is "beating a dead horse". lol

This one got under your skin. I am like that, too. My "bugs me" issue is people taking statements out of context of the subject thread to make broader points.

But it is beating a dead horse to re-iterate that the OP was speaking about this golf forum, not the industry.
[/quote]

Ok cutie I was just making one last post. We should all just blaze a joint and squash the topic. We all have different opinions on the matter but I think mine made the most sense.

Cleveland DST 10.5 stiff

[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387487437' post='8324487']

[b]Ok cutie[/b] I was just making one last post. We should all just blaze a joint and squash the topic. We all have different opinions on the matter but I think mine made the most sense.

[/quote]

Do you talk like this assuming I am a girl?

I am a 54 y o dude.

[quote name='LOVE4LPGA' timestamp='1387488437' post='8324577']
[quote name='Micah J' timestamp='1387487437' post='8324487']
[b]Ok cutie[/b] I was just making one last post. We should all just blaze a joint and squash the topic. We all have different opinions on the matter but I think mine made the most sense.

[/quote]

Do you talk like this assuming I am a girl?

I am a 54 y o dude.
[/quote]
After all, he does sell golf clubs for a living..... :happy: