INDIANA WRX OUTING JUNE 14th HANDICAPS NEEDED!!!

Kadin 25

[quote name='Mob' timestamp='1389661269' post='8455181']
I forgot about Bear Slide. I do know someone there who maybe able to help with arrangements if we settle on that place. I think Trophy Club maybe alittle more accessible and a better deal overall.
[/quote]

I'm a member at BearSlide and the pro is a college buddy. I could definitely assist.

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Driver

Sub 70 949X - 3W

Sub 70 949X - 7W

Sub 70 600 Pro V2 Black 4-PW

Sub 70 286 Forged Wedges 50* & 56*

Sub 70 JB Forged 60*

Scotty Cameron - PhantomX 5.5

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trophy Club would be perfect, the staff has always been great. Brickyard might be closed the later part of April, they are having the first road course race the first week of may.

Count me in!

Cobra Fly Z, Fubuki
Cobra Fly Z 3 wood
18 Cobra DWS
PING Rapture Hy 21
PING G series 5-pw
PING Glide 56
Odyssey Milled #9

I would be a newbie for this but count me in, and a foresome with me. All courses mentioned are great. What is the format as mentioned "last 2 years"? Would like to know what I'm getting into.

Cleveland DST 9.0 vSL Stiff
Cleveland DST 3W vSL Stiff
4,5 Cleveland HYB vSL Stiff
Cleveland CG7 Black Pearl's
Scotty Cameron Newport 1996
Srixon Z Star

[quote name='LiveWire' timestamp='1389924952' post='8475181']
I would be a newbie for this but count me in, and a foresome with me. All courses mentioned are great. What is the format as mentioned "last 2 years"? Would like to know what I'm getting into.
[/quote]

Most you can lose is like $2,000 maybe $2,500 when all is said and done, so don't go vanity capping or you're done for.

In all seriousness, I think it's a real low wager type of game, usually partners, handicapped, and I think they did it with the lowest cap being paired up with the highest, etc etc.

I wasn't there, just remember following along in the thread as I was out of town the time they had it last fall, I was bummed.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[/quote]

This I'd the link for the last outing.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/851342-indiana-wrx-fall-outting-yesthat-is-an-inflatable-doll/

A lot of fun.

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade Jetspeed 3 Wood (RIP Alpha)
Taylormade SLDR 5 Wood (Kai'li)
Ping G25 (4-U) (Nippon 950gh)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1389928859' post='8475687']
[/quote]

Most you can lose is like $2,000 maybe $2,500 when all is said and done, so don't go vanity capping or you're done for.

In all seriousness, I think it's a real low wager type of game, usually partners, handicapped, and I think they did it with the lowest cap being paired up with the highest, etc etc.

I wasn't there, just remember following along in the thread as I was out of town the time they had it last fall, I was bummed.
[/quote]

This.

If I remember right I lost $40. And I was the big loser with $0 coming back my way. Kadin has skins, par 3 prox, and a handicapped game (partners if there are enough people). I think that's all there was. Either way lots of fun and ways to win your money back.

Hey guys awesome to see all the interest...I am ironing out some details on my end and I will be able to dial in a date.

We usually play a "Shamble" best drive and then finish the hole with your own ball after that. You must use your partners driver 2 times, one on front nine and one on back nine. It is handicap based and I match the highest with the lowest and the second highest with the second lowest and so on.

I like keeping the cost at $100.00 per player this includes your golf and the side action. The better the deal on golf the more money there is for side action. I try to have a couple door prizes each time. Over all I just try to make it fun, friendly wager style outing. You are not going to lose the ranch or anything like that. My main purpose for hosting these outings is to give you guys a chance to meet fellow Wrx'ers.

If you haven't been to one of my outings I can tell you that they I do my best to keep it fun, the guys are great and everyone has a good time. Doesn't matter if you are a scratch player or a 30 cap everyone has a chance to win a little something.

See ya on the green....Kadin

Featured Writer For GolfWRX.com
                Editor Product Reviews
                Product Tester/Review Panel
                Winner TMag Naples Trip 2012
                See ya on the green...Kadin

I'm in for any weekend except the last weekend. Going to Alabama to play golf that weekend. Otherwise, I'd be in for any day, any time, and place. Sounds like a grand old time!!! Looking forward to it!!

TaylorMade SLDR 430 9* with Project X 7C3 6.0
Callaway X Hot Pro 3Deep 13* with Aldila ProtoPYPE 80 S
TaylorMade UDI 1-iron 16* with Dynamic Gold X100
Cleveland 588TT 4-PW with KBS C-Taper X
Scratch 47, 51, and 56 wedges with Dynamic Gold X7 8-iron shafts
Odyssey Metal-X 7 Mid 385g cut to 38" and counterbalanced
TaylorMade Lethal / TaylorMade Tour Preferred X

Assuming this is a Saturday or Sunday, I would love to join you.

TaylorMade M4 on Tour AD IZ
TaylorMade M4 Tour 3W on GD YS Reloaded
Titleist 816H 19*, 22*, 26* on Blue Board
Mizuno JPX 919 Pro (6i-pw) on Recoil
TM MG on Aldila VS Proto 100 (50*, 54*, 58*)
Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 Slotback
2020 Srixon Z Star

I can help with any arrangements. If we are looking at $100 including money for side games my club would prob be out, but I can double check. My vote would be Purgatory or Brickyard. Plum Creek and Prairie View are cramped and not always in the best of shape. Kadin PM me and let me know what I can do on my end to help.

I vote for Purgatory, Prairie View, Bear Slide or Trophy Club

LEFT HANDED

Callaway Paradym Smoke TD with Metaflex 5H shaft 
Titleist TSR2 16.5 degree fwy with Ventus Red 7 stiff shaft
Ping G430 19 and 22 degree hybrids with Ventus Blue HB 8 stiff shaft
Srixon ZX7 mkii 5-PW with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts

Titleist SM9 50F, 54D, 58T wedge with Fuji Axiom 105 stiff shafts
L.A.B. MEZZ Max putter with LAGP putter shaft

I will know more by Wednesday as far as dates go.

Editor Product Reviews

[quote name='bmr4242' timestamp='1390168126' post='8490905']
I can help with any arrangements. If we are looking at $100 including money for side games my club would prob be out, but I can double check. My vote would be Purgatory or Brickyard. Plum Creek and Prairie View are cramped and not always in the best of shape. Kadin PM me and let me know what I can do on my end to help.
[/quote]Will do thanks!!

Editor Product Reviews

I have been directed here, and after reading up on this thread and last year's- I'm definitely interested in any outing you guys are putting on! I'll be following along for details and more information. I hope things work out and I can make it!

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1390362501' post='8506399']
I have been directed here, and after reading up on this thread and last year's- I'm definitely interested in any outing you guys are putting on! I'll be following along for details and more information. I hope things work out and I can make it!
[/quote]Welcome aboard we are glad to have you :)

Editor Product Reviews

Ok sooooo I think I'm coming. With a packer fan possibly on board (DORK!!!!) and my man Leif is heading that way again I'm trying to work it out. Plus fat kid racing, jack and joe in has me thinking.

Matt needs to hang a little longer this time as well.
If we throw a sea bass trip in again, I'm in.

Myrtle for Easter, Indiana outing, St. Louis trip in May and back in Indiana for the fall. Sound like a great golf spring summer.

Do I have sea bass confirmation?

Ping G400 LST HZRDUS Black tipped .5 9'
Taylormade M1 (2016) 15 Fubuki Z S
Rocketballz 19' ATX Green S
X2Hot 22' ATX Green S
Callaway Apex Pro (2014) C-tapers S
Mackdaddy 2's 52 and 58 C-Tapers R
James Ingles Scratch Handmande

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1390535034' post='8521221']
Ok sooooo I think I'm coming. With a packer fan possibly on board (DORK!!!!) and my man Leif is heading that way again I'm trying to work it out. Plus fat kid racing, jack and joe in has me thinking.

Myrtle for Easter, Indiana outing, St. Louis trip in May and back in Indiana for the fall. Sound like a great golf spring summer.

[/quote]

2.5 hour trip from Indy to sea bass... Literally a couple of minutes from my house. Let's do this!

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

[quote name='jlt73' timestamp='1390535402' post='8521271']
[quote name='deck' timestamp='1390535034' post='8521221']

[/quote]

2.5 hour trip from Indy to sea bass... Literally a couple of minutes from my house. Let's do this!
[/quote]

Sea bass Thursday night obv lol.

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S

I'm not sure what Sea Bass is, but wondering if any of the Indiana guys would be interested in meeting up for a round Thursday or Friday of Notre Dame opening weekend (Aug. 30) for a round at the Warren Course at Notre Dame, a great Crenshaw/ Coore design. I know, give me all the crap you want, I'm born and raised by an alum and have many alums in the family including my brother. Just an early feeler for people from these parts. My pops and I usually head out a day ahead of the other crew for a round. Sometimes sneak in 9 at the Burke before hand on campus before they turn it into a parking lot for the weekend :)

This is totally off topic, I know. I'm still down for this outing!

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1390536243' post='8521385']
I'm not sure what Sea Bass is, but wondering if any of the Indiana guys would be interested in meeting up for a round Thursday or Friday of Notre Dame opening weekend (Aug. 30) for a round at the Warren Course at Notre Dame, a great Crenshaw/ Coore design. I know, give me all the crap you want, I'm born and raised by an alum and have many alums in the family including my brother. Just an early feeler for people from these parts. My pops and I usually head out a day ahead of the other crew for a round. Sometimes sneak in 9 at the Burke before hand on campus before they turn it into a parking lot for the weekend :)

[/quote]

It's a fish that tastes amazing from a restaurant Kadin took us to last time. It was good. I mean really good. Been craving it ever since. Had it here at a couple places and it just was not near as tasty as the one we went to there.

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S

Oh, I'm familiar with sea bass (spent about 15 years in the restaurant/ bar industry). I just wasn't sure if it was a strip club reference. Because, well, I spent 15 years in the restaurant/ bar industry...

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1390536627' post='8521437']
Oh, I'm familiar with sea bass (spent about 15 years in the restaurant/ bar industry). I just wasn't sure if it was a strip club reference. Because, well, I spent 15 years in the restaurant/ bar industry...
[/quote]

Ha. No strip club reference (unfortunately).

X2Hot 22' ATX Green S

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1390538224' post='8521593']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1390536627' post='8521437']
[/quote]

Ha. No strip club reference (unfortunately).
[/quote]

Plans are always open...

Make it rain!

Ping G30 SFT (RIp Alpha)
Taylormade ATV 58*
Bettinardi Signature 6

[quote name='deck' timestamp='1390536375' post='8521399']

[/quote]

It's a fish that tastes amazing from a restaurant Kadin took us to last time. It was good. I mean really good. Been craving it ever since. Had it here at a couple places and it just was not near as tasty as the one we went to there.
[/quote]

Worst case, depending on what we are doing for accommodations, we can buy some sea bass and cook it up...I can cook...trust me...also...12 years at a Red Lobster...always had fresh fish available, even Sea Bass on occassion.

Callaway Mavrik SZ 9.0 VA Composites Nemesys 65 04
Callaway Mavrik SZ 15 VA Composites Nemesys 75 04
Callaway Mavrik Pro Hybrid 18* Veylix Rome 888 S
Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW Mits MMT 125 TX/ Vega Mizar Tour Oban CT 115 X
Odyssey WHP #3-Stability Tour, Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2.5, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft
Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
Lamkin Sonar Plus Wrap

WITB Link

[quote name='Dscvrr St Louis' timestamp='1390623488' post='8527715']
[quote name='deck' timestamp='1390536375' post='8521399']

[/quote]

[/quote]

Worst case, depending on what we are doing for accommodations, we can buy some sea bass and cook it up...I can cook...trust me...also...12 years at a Red Lobster...always had fresh fish available, even Sea Bass on occassion.
[/quote]

Just don't throw any salt shakers at Sea Bass.

How many ppl would be spending the night in Indy? I have a friend who works at a hotel downtown and might be able to get discounts, I can check if there is interest

On another note if there is interest I can host a cook out after golf, Im in Noblesville, on the north side of Indy, within 10-20 minutes of all the courses that have been mentioned if you guys would be interested