Game Golf tracking system (merged)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='gripandrip' timestamp='1430154422' post='11451795']
[quote name='CactusGolf' timestamp='1428779617' post='11334977']
Bit of an unfortunate incident today.

Since switching grips to Golf Pride Wrap 2G Midsize, I lost both the 4i and GW tag!!!!! They must have unscrewed themselves in the bottom of my golf bag and fallen out of my bag.

EDIT: After coming home and cleaning the clubs, the tags can be pulled out of the grips very easily... :angry22:

I guess the Tour Wrap 2G have round butts instead of flat like the Niions I was using earlier.

I really don't want to use glue on the tags to keep them in.

Does anyone know if I can purchase the tags separately?
[/quote]

Send a note to the company support email. I had a small issue with a unit, and the support was tremendous and very quick.
[/quote]

[color=#535353][size=4]http://gmglf.co/2ndSe just ordered some today[/size][/color]

I have made the decision to use the phone app with the tags only [color=#535353][size=4]http://gmglf.co/2ndSe[/size][/color]. For now atleast... the app lets you tap your phone to mark your shot, similar to what the golfpad tags do... as long as you have an NFC enabled phone it should work... atleast thats what i am planning... also it is much cheaper to buy the "second" set of tags as opposed to the complete unit. was only $67 after tax and shipping... maybe ill upgrade to the full unit later...

im taking steps... first the free app, which was good
second, the app plus the tags so that i dont have to pull my phone out all the time...
i dont know if i will ever upgrade to the complete unit, time will tell.

How would one give others such as your instructor complete access to view your rounds, club info, etc...

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1430877975' post='11507107']
How would one give others such as your instructor complete access to view your rounds, club info, etc...
[/quote]
Hi, just go to the 'Insides' tab. You should then see a 'Share' button at the top right:
[attachment=2744745:Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.58.22.png]

I used the Game Golf app this past weekend since I can't use the tags with my current grips (Tour Wrap 2G Midsize).

App was good! Extremely accurate and not that much of a pain to use.

I could use either the unit or the app, but I would prefer the unit.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

[quote name='kreinartz83' timestamp='1430698027' post='11492273']
I have made the decision to use the phone app with the tags only [color=#535353][url="http://gmglf.co/2ndSe"]http://gmglf.co/2ndSe[/url][/color]. For now atleast... the app lets you tap your phone to mark your shot, similar to what the golfpad tags do... as long as you have an NFC enabled phone it should work... atleast thats what i am planning... also it is much cheaper to buy the "second" set of tags as opposed to the complete unit. was only $67 after tax and shipping... maybe ill upgrade to the full unit later...

second, the app plus the tags so that i dont have to pull my phone out all the time...
[/quote]

you don't need the tags at all if you are using the app.... so buying the tags and not the unit would be a big waste of money haha

Forever Changing at this point.......

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1430925295' post='11509795']
I have made the decision to use the phone app with the tags only [color=#535353][url="http://gmglf.co/2ndSe"]http://gmglf.co/2ndSe[/url][/color]. For now atleast... the app lets you tap your phone to mark your shot, similar to what the golfpad tags do... as long as you have an NFC enabled phone it should work... atleast thats what i am planning... also it is much cheaper to buy the "second" set of tags as opposed to the complete unit. was only $67 after tax and shipping... maybe ill upgrade to the full unit later...

[/quote]

you don't need the tags at all if you are using the app.... so buying the tags and not the unit would be a big waste of money haha
[/quote]
Does the app just know what club you are hitting because it knows you so well as a person? Not sure you get what the tags are for. The app replaces the belt mounted device not the tags.

[quote name='IWL' timestamp='1430939823' post='11511481']

[/quote]

[/quote]
Does the app just know what club you are hitting because it knows you so well as a person? Not sure you get what the tags are for. The app replaces the belt mounted device not the tags.
[/quote]

you have to tap a button on the phone and pick the club before you hit the shot. When you get to the green you only choose putter once and then enter the final score on the hole

[quote name='IWL' timestamp='1430939823' post='11511481']

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You set up your bag on the app and when you go to hit a shot, you have to hit the button on the app and choose the club so the physical tags on the club don't matter. I played probably 4-5 rounds without the device and had no tags and it worked just fine
I know exactly what the tags are for and what they do. They are the connection to the unit when you don't use the app.

The app is very useful for someone who isn't sure if they want to purchase the belt unit. It also is great for students that want to track a practice round for review with their coach or caddy. You can also use it if you forget your belt unit or forget to charge it.

But almost anyone that uses it a lot will find it to be worth the extra $ to go ahead and purchase the belt unit and incorporate a little tap into their pre-shot routine. It's that much quicker and less of a hassle.

I've also had correspondence with one of the main guys at Game Golf and there are more updates coming. I specifically asked about putting distances & strokes gained and I was told that I would really like what was coming soon. So take that for what it is worth.

AI Smoke TD 9° w/HZRDUS Yellow

Epic Flash 12.5° w/Voodoo VS

'24 Apex UW 19° w/Rogue Silver

Epic Flash 20° w/VS Proto 
'19 Apex Pro 5-9 w/DG

MD2 47° & 52° + PM 1.0 58° & 64° w/DG
Odyssey White Hot 2 Ball Frankenstein (Fowler style)
[img]http://pxc86358mpx1hyn3hdxen4o1.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/171831.png[/img]

I have made the decision to use the phone app with the tags only http://gmglf.co/2ndSe. For now atleast... the app lets you tap your phone to mark your shot, similar to what the golfpad tags do... as long as you have an NFC enabled phone it should work... atleast thats what i am planning... also it is much cheaper to buy the "second" set of tags as opposed to the complete unit. was only $67 after tax and shipping... maybe ill upgrade to the full unit later...

You set up your bag on the app and when you go to hit a shot, you have to hit the button on the app and choose the club so the physical tags on the club don't matter. I played probably 4-5 rounds without the device and had no tags and it worked just fine

I know exactly what the tags are for and what they do. They are the connection to the unit when you don't use the app.

So im newish to Game Golf, but i feel that i have a great grasp for its capabilities... the tags are NFC based, most android phones have NFC capabilities as well. the app allows you to leave your phone in your pocket and touch the tags to your phone to track the shot. here is a screenshot from the android app

UunkKQd.png

I have made the decision to use the phone app with the tags only http://gmglf.co/2ndSe. For now atleast... the app lets you tap your phone to mark your shot, similar to what the golfpad tags do... as long as you have an NFC enabled phone it should work... atleast thats what i am planning... also it is much cheaper to buy the "second" set of tags as opposed to the complete unit. was only $67 after tax and shipping... maybe ill upgrade to the full unit later...

So im newish to Game Golf, but i feel that i have a great grasp for its capabilities... the tags are NFC based, most android phones have NFC capabilities as well. the app allows you to leave your phone in your pocket and touch the tags to your phone to track the shot. here is a screenshot from the android app

UunkKQd.png

Have you tried this yet? Im interested to see if it works with the replacement tags alone.

Oh ok. I'm sorry for the outdated info then. I knew they were nfc, but did not know that the new app had this capabilities so there was confusion haha. I don't think iPhones can do this? Not that it would matter because I have the unit, but could be helpful if I bought and extra set of tags and had a friend try it out

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1430998581' post='11515475']
Oh ok. I'm sorry for the outdated info then. I knew they were nfc, but did not know that the new app had this capabilities so there was confusion haha. I don't think iPhones can do this? Not that it would matter because I have the unit, but could be helpful if I bought and extra set of tags and had a friend try it out
[/quote]

From what I know the iPhone 6 has NFC but it can't be used by third party apps yet. That might change in future iOS versions though. Apple often introduces something which initially can only be used by Apple but then later opens it up via a public API to third parties (e.g. The finger print authentication was introduced with iOS 7 but only available to third parties from iOS 8 on).

[quote name='ParHunter' timestamp='1430906487' post='11508347']
[quote name='Cwing' timestamp='1430877975' post='11507107']
[/quote]
Hi, just go to the 'Insides' tab. You should then see a 'Share' button at the top right:
[attachment=2744745:Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.58.22.png]
[/quote]

Thank you

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5*
Callaway Mavrik MAX 15*
Taylor Made M4 19* & 22* hybrids
PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s 
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
Odyssey Stroke Lab Big Seven Toe Up vs MEZZ1 vs Seemore
Precision Pro Nx7 Pro, Garmin S60 (watch)

https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1

correct, iphone 6 has NFC. but they have it locked down to apple pay only... My tags showed up today! and i can confirm without a doubt that the tags register every club by tapping to the phone. So pumped to try it on the course. I can also confirm that the game golf tags do NOT work with the Golf Pad app... it gives an error and displays a link to purchase compatible tags... kinda sucks for those that wanted to get off cheaper by getting the game golf tags and saving a few bucks. thats ok with me though, i like the game golf app better anyways.

I had an issue installing the tag into my driver, ended up cutting the grip off, needed a new one anyways. found a plastic insert in the end that was preventing me from installing the tag... it is a Taylormade R11s with the RIP Phenom stiff stock shaft.. is this a common thing? should i worry about not having the insert in the end?

Purchased the Game Golf Device about two months ago, but needed to wait until the courses opened in Minnesota.

I have been having issues, which I saw another person having with the Game Golf device not locking onto GPS (I have never had issues with any other GPS device at the courses I play, so I think it is a device issue). Sent a support ticket to GG and they are replacing the unit.

However, most of the time I have been able to get the device to work by resetting it. Just need to carry a paperclip.

So far I LOVE this device.

The information about your game really shows where you need to focus your practice or strategy to improve your scores.

Here are a couple of my observations...

1) Tagging needs to be integrated into your pre-shot routine. First couple of rounds, I missed a few shots (which the device is actually pretty good at detecting). Overall, I think this makes my pre-shot routine much better.
2) I find myself thinking more about the club to hit then I did before. I like to play fast and I think having to tap slows me down enough to think about the shot to hit (It doesn't slow my round down...average about 3 1/2 hours per 18 holes)
3) Information about my game is very interesting. Driver shorter than my 3 wood. Iron misses tend to be left, putting is a strength (which I already knew), Fairways hit much higher than I thought, GIR needs much improvement.

Overall, I think this may be the best golf aid outside of the laser for yardages.

User ID at Game Golf is Clark55810

WITB

TM Stealth 2 
Titleist 913FD 13.5
Titleist 913 H 19
Titleist 913 H 24
PXG Gen 1 5-G
Vokey SM8  54, 58

L.A.B. DF3 

[quote name='Clark55810' timestamp='1431093142' post='11522431']

1) Tagging needs to be integrated into your pre-shot routine. First couple of rounds, I missed a few shots (which the device is actually pretty good at detecting). Overall, I think this makes my pre-shot routine much better.
2) I find myself thinking more about the club to hit then I did before. I like to play fast and I think having to tap slows me down enough to think about the shot to hit (It doesn't slow my round down...average about 3 1/2 hours per 18 holes)
3) Information about my game is very interesting. Driver shorter than my 3 wood. Iron misses tend to be left, putting is a strength (which I already knew), Fairways hit much higher than I thought, GIR needs much improvement.

Overall, I think this may be the best golf aid outside of the laser for yardages.

User ID at Game Golf is Clark55810
[/quote]Completely agree with all of your observations.

Exactly why I love having the unit.

Callaway AI Smoke Max 11.5* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 15* Fujikura Ventus TR Red

Taylormade SIM DHY 19* Diamana Hybrid

Callaway Rogue ST Pro 5-PW Fujikura Axiom

Taylormade HiToe Bigfoot 52*/56*/60* Fujikura Pro

Odyssey AI-One Seven S

Callaway Chrome Tour X

WITB Link

I'm a bit confused with the name and branding of the "Game Golf Classic -- The Original Game Tracker". This seems to imply that a v2 product is imminent?

Also, is it just me or does the guy on their landing page hit his approach shot about 20 yards right of the green onto the cart path? The ball takes a huge bounce off into the bushes. Might not want to upload that hole buddy!

[quote name='kreinartz83' timestamp='1431046942' post='11519993']
correct, iphone 6 has NFC. but they have it locked down to apple pay only... My tags showed up today! and i can confirm without a doubt that the tags register every club by tapping to the phone. So pumped to try it on the course. I can also confirm that the game golf tags do NOT work with the Golf Pad app... it gives an error and displays a link to purchase compatible tags... kinda sucks for those that wanted to get off cheaper by getting the game golf tags and saving a few bucks. thats ok with me though, i like the game golf app better anyways.

I had an issue installing the tag into my driver, ended up cutting the grip off, needed a new one anyways. found a plastic insert in the end that was preventing me from installing the tag... it is a Taylormade R11s with the RIP Phenom stiff stock shaft.. is this a common thing? should i worry about not having the insert in the end?
[/quote]

was that plastic insert in the shaft itself or in the end of the grip? Could have been a shaft extension form the person who owned it before you. who knows, it might play better for you if it was and now is shorter haha

[quote name='Stretch' timestamp='1431152584' post='11527339']
I'm a bit confused with the name and branding of the "Game Golf Classic -- The Original Game Tracker". This seems to imply that a v2 product is imminent?

Also, is it just me or does the guy on their landing page hit his approach shot about 20 yards right of the green onto the cart path? The ball takes a huge bounce off into the bushes. Might not want to upload that hole buddy!
[/quote]

From what i gather from earlier in this thread is that the Game Golf "classic" was added to distinguish the hip mounted device from the phone app... there is no plans to update just yet.

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1431215480' post='11529412']
[quote name='kreinartz83' timestamp='1431046942' post='11519993']

[/quote]

was that plastic insert in the shaft itself or in the end of the grip? Could have been a shaft extension form the person who owned it before you. who knows, it might play better for you if it was and now is shorter haha
[/quote]
the plastic insert was only about 1/2" long and was inside the end of the shaft... i have already re gripped it and forgotten about it, doesnt seem to have effected the club any, but i cant hit the damn thing consistently enough to be able to tell anyways... lol.

[quote name='Papa Johick' timestamp='1431217410' post='11529562']
then yes that was an extension haha. the shorter shaft should hopefully help a bit. depends on what it measures to now
[/quote]
that is what i ended up assuming... I am absolutley ok with not having the extra length... i need more control, not distance...

[quote name='jmcdonald' timestamp='1431273315' post='11532062']
Missed a bunch of tags my first round out lol...I'd get on the green and be like "oh snap" lol...but it's awesome that I can go back in and do what I need to do.
[/quote]

that is one thing that i like about the app... you can edit on the fly and not have to try to remember details about the round after the 19th hole... :drinks:

[quote name='kreinartz83' timestamp='1431287709' post='11532996']
[quote name='jmcdonald' timestamp='1431273315' post='11532062']
Missed a bunch of tags my first round out lol...I'd get on the green and be like "oh snap" lol...but it's awesome that I can go back in and do what I need to do.
[/quote]

that is one thing that i like about the app... you can edit on the fly and not have to try to remember details about the round after the 19th hole... :drinks:
[/quote]

Actually, with the "classic" hip module it is really good at sensing you made a swing.

I have done a pretty good job of integrating tapping into my routine, but every once in a while I miss a tap. Always surprised when editing the round that the unit has the location marked and I only need to tell it what club I used.

Doesn't happen on greens, due to lack of movement, but I normally remember and adding putts is easy since distance isn't important.

Clark

WITB

TM Stealth 2 
Titleist 913FD 13.5
Titleist 913 H 19
Titleist 913 H 24
PXG Gen 1 5-G
Vokey SM8  54, 58

L.A.B. DF3