mizuno mp33 vs mp 67

Omi7000

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have played both sets and the MP-33 is still my favorite Mizuno iron. Although I haven't hit my MP-100s yet. Just got them in this week, Can't wait to see if they truly do play just like the MP33s.

If I were you I would save the extra few hundred dollars and pick up the MP-33s, you will not be disappointed.

I have played both sets and the MP-33 is still my favorite Mizuno iron. Although I haven't hit my MP-100s yet. Just got them in this week, Can't wait to see if they truly do play just like the MP33s.

If I were you I would save the extra few hundred dollars and pick up the MP-33s, you will not be disappointed.

They are 100% identical to the Mp-33, so they will play the same - with the same shaft, lie, shaft length and lofts of course :smilie_ping:

Mizuno knew the Mp-33 was a classic, so they made a couple of thousand sets and stamped them Mp-100 to celebrate the 100 year Mizuno has been a company.

I went through the same problem when I was looking for a new set of irons. I hit the 67's and 60's and liked both sets but I was really put off by the price. I ended up getting a new set of MP 30's and a used set of MP 33's for less than $500 total and now interchange between the two or play with a combo. IMHO I think the 33's have every bit of feel you would find in the 67's so I would say save some money and go with the classics.

I'm STILL waiting for someone to comment on the actual DIFFERENCES and perhaps the shared characteristics of the MP33 and the MP67. I would also like to know where the MP32 fits into the mix.

"Don't let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do." - John Wooden

"The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.” - Henry Thoreau

I'm STILL waiting for someone to comment on the actual DIFFERENCES and perhaps the shared characteristics of the MP33 and the MP67. I would also like to know where the MP32 fits into the mix.

The 67 is the updated version of the 33,which has been discontinued by Mizuno. Mizuno has incorporated the cut-muscle tech in the 67 which makes it slightly more workable with a lower ball flight in the short irons compared to the 33. Both clubs are forged the same way so feel IMO is the same.

The 32's are more forgiving than the 33 or 67 due to a slightly larger club head and larger cut-muscle. The 60 is 4% larger and 10% more forgiving than the 32.

I have played 67s and 32s. 32s are slightly more forgiving, tho Mizuno says they are the same. 67s have a lower trajectory, and more direct feedback with respect to slight mishits-- which feel flush in the 32s, but a bit more vibration on the 67s. Neither lose a lot of distance with slight mishits, making them both I guess fairly forgiving for a blade. 60s are simply too big for me.

I also want to hear a description of how the 33s compare. Anyone? I appreciate the kudos for the 33s, but how do they actually play compared to other Mizzy blades mentioned?

to answer a question from earlier, mizuno is not offering the mp-100's in custom specs. I have a friend who wanted to get some for playing, but he needs custom length and lie. he's going with the 67's, whish makes me happy because he's selling me his mp-33's for $150!

By the looks of your current irons and your handicap I would say you are not ready for these clubs...but who am I to judge :smilie_ping: . I have hit the 33s and 37s and I can say that they feel great and have awesome results.

That was a terrible post, but who am i to judge?

This whole "not ready for blades" things is ridiculous. a 12 handicapper should try blades; his game will either go to hell quickly, or be elevated. The latter was the case for me. For many, the combination of

a. seeing the actual result of your actual swing;

b. feeling PRECISELY where the ball met the face;

c. building a swing around less offset;

d. feeling the reward of a perfect or nearly perfect strike

outweighs the forgiveness of a shovel.

It's a simple matter: what has more value for you: forgiveness on your bad shots, or reward on your good shots? Enough already.

I've hit both the 33's and 67's. I did my research. I spoke to the Miz rep several times and to Mizuno directly many times. The 67's are the 33's, but with a small amount of cut musle for added playability...no other difference. The 67's were desiged for lower ball flight than the 33's. The 67's put a little more muscle higher up the back of the blade than the 33's. I owned and played the 32's for a good while. I'm far from a pro, but I felt the 67's were a little more solid that the 32's...and much lower lower ball flight...but that may just be me and my observations.

I've never hit an iron more addictingly soft/solid that these.

Randy

I picked up a set of mizzy 33's 2-pw DGS 300new for 499.00. I've hit the 67's and i strike through the ball very well. based on the reviews I imagine i will get a higher ball flight with the 33's than the 67's. i'm a good ball striker i hit high already as it is.. I'm thinking of changing shafts perhaps since my iron ss is 98. I'm thinking S400? Any recommendations?

to answer a question from earlier, mizuno is not offering the mp-100's in custom specs. I have a friend who wanted to get some for playing, but he needs custom length and lie. he's going with the 67's, whish makes me happy because he's selling me his mp-33's for $150!

By the looks of your current irons and your handicap I would say you are not ready for these clubs...but who am I to judge :smilie_ping: . I have hit the 33s and 37s and I can say that they feel great and have awesome results.

this is not a bad point at all. . .I would never even think about getting player's clubs without first hitting them, and I got the chance to last week, both at the range and on the course. I was hitting them very well, just a little chunky. I even got the 5 iron to the back of the green on a 195 yard par 3, straighter and farther than I've ever hit my 5 iron. I'm tired of relying on game improvement clubs, because my ball striking is not getting any better. its just to easy to hit them "well", and next to impossible to work them (although I don't really work the ball unless I have to, but its still nice to be able to do it when I need to).

I picked up a set of mizzy 33's 2-pw DGS 300new for 499.00. I've hit the 67's and i strike through the ball very well. based on the reviews I imagine i will get a higher ball flight with the 33's than the 67's. i'm a good ball striker i hit high already as it is.. I'm thinking of changing shafts perhaps since my iron ss is 98. I'm thinking S400? Any recommendations?

I just picked up a brand new still in the Mizzy box set of MP-100's for $680. They are the real deal and came with the COA. Got them from a shop in Houston. Haven't hit them yet but am really excited to have my 33's back in the bag. Its like an old friend has come home. I could pass on the deal especially when you consider that this is cheaper than picking up any other new full set of Mizzy's out there today.

• 12 years later...

33s hit purely crackle at impact. They have a sound and a response in the shaft that makes you sometimes think the shaft will break. It's heaven. The 67s when you pure them have more of an empty thud. The feel of the 33's means after some practice you can literally feel where the ball will drop and with what attack aggression. With the 67s I often find balls floating out further than I expect, or else just dying. Miss hits on the 33s don't give a ton of sharp feedback but the lack of crackle lets you know you're losing power and spin. MIss hits on the 67s are sharp and sometimes painful. I'm surprised that the 67s are considered more of a gaming iron. I think the sweet feel and the large head size of the 33s gives you best of both world. I would dump my 67s but I hit those on the range and save my 33s from getting worn. Don't need too many swings to get back into form on course days with such great feeling 33s and the 67s force me to play super controlled in my practice regiment.

Ball flight wise, you can do more with the 33s period. 4-6 iron can look like a PW height or a stinger height just with different spin and balloon profiles. Only reason I feel like the 33s didn't get gamed more by pros is they can be a bit hot. Sometimes you'll play a slice or a draw and it will turn over too much in the air and also land with too much action. But it definitely lets you go for 20 yard hook or slice hero shots when you're locked in.

I've played both and they pretty much play the same. Can't go wrong with either one. I believe the lie angles are different though. IMO it would be really difficult to tell the difference in a blind test.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 7 wood Rogue 130MSI 80

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 4-PW

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2