Kohler/Whistling Spring Specials announced

13»

Comments

  • rtraudtrtraudt Members Posts: 1,768 ✭✭
    tjblue wrote:



    I am booked to play the 6-9th of May, does anyone have any idea how the conditions generally are this time of year?




    Conditions/ growth is usually 2-3 week behind NW ohio and southern Michigan. Fairways may be a touch blotchy and greens a little bumpy. Not pristine but playable.




    And will probably be a little ahead of schedule based on the mild end to winter and all this rain...things are already really growing in here in Milwaukee and I played the Bull yesterday, was definitely more green than I expected and in good shape given the early season (not very green, but this time of year its usually straight brown!).
    Callaway Epic SZ 11* ACCRA TZ6 
    Callaway Epic Flash 17* Atmos Red Tour Spec 7
    TM TP UDI 21* Nunchuk Xi
    Adams MB2 Raw 4-P PX LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 52, 58 Nippon Modus 115
    Byron Morgan 612
    Sun Mountain 3.5/CaddyTek
    Snell MTB Red
  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    rtraudt wrote:

    tjblue wrote:



    I am booked to play the 6-9th of May, does anyone have any idea how the conditions generally are this time of year?




    Conditions/ growth is usually 2-3 week behind NW ohio and southern Michigan. Fairways may be a touch blotchy and greens a little bumpy. Not pristine but playable.




    And will probably be a little ahead of schedule based on the mild end to winter and all this rain...things are already really growing in here in Milwaukee and I played the Bull yesterday, was definitely more green than I expected and in good shape given the early season (not very green, but this time of year its usually straight brown!).




    Thank you for the info, I am excited to play up there again.
  • AUTIGER07AUTIGER07 Just lost $1K on a putt Members Posts: 1,099 ✭✭
    Anyone heard anything regarding 2018 deals?
    915D3 8.5 D70X *B1*
    915F 16.5 D80X *C1*
    915Hd 20.5 D90X *C1*
    MP4 4-9 C-Taper X
    VR Forged 47 / 51 / 55 / 59
    Black Lab BL-7
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    AUTIGER07 wrote:


    Anyone heard anything regarding 2018 deals?




    They never really released anything last year about the Straits. I just had to call and they booked it for the 150. I am sure it will be the same this year.
  • PhreddyPhreddy Members Posts: 613 ✭✭


    I am booked to play the 6-9th of May, does anyone have any idea how the conditions generally are this time of year?




    Just be aware that the Straits are right up against the shore line of Lake Michigan. The lake will be a giant 35*-40* radiator at that time of the year, so while it can be 65* ten miles inland it will be 50* at The Straits.
    If you need a grinder to make your weld look good, you are a grinder not a welder.
  • BG5BG5 Members Posts: 1,141 ✭✭
    edited Mar 8, 2018 #67
    If the straights cost $150 to golf how much is a caddie and what do any of you have suggestions as to how much to tip? What am I looking at out the door with caddie and tip?



    Cheers!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Ping K15 Driver - 10.5*
    Ping K15 3 Wood 16* & 5 Wood 19*
    Ping Karsten Hybrids 19* 22* 25*
    Ping Karsten Irons 6-PW
    Ping Karsten Wedges 51* 55*
    Ping Scottsdale Greyhawk TR Putter
    WITB Link
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers Posts: 1,022 ✭✭
    edited Mar 8, 2018 #68
    BG5 wrote:


    If the straights cost $150 to golf how much is a caddie and what do any of you have suggestions as to how much to tip? What am I looking at out the door with caddie and tip?



    Cheers!




    $65 caddie fee plus tip. Last year for me it was 150+65+80= $295 all in



    Edit: + $150 in pro shop
  • stringbean502001stringbean502001 Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    Milwaukee golf show next weekend should confirm I'd guess
  • marks21marks21 Members Posts: 161 ✭✭
    Has anyone seen in early season specials for Whistling?
    Cobra F7+ Driver 9* Aldila Tour Green 75 X
    Callaway GBB 816 15* Aldila Tour Green 85 X
    Mizuno MP18 SC 3-PW KBS C Taper S+
    Muira Wedge Series 51* 55* 59*
    Toulon Portland H3
    Titleist ProV1X
  • PatsNationPatsNation Members Posts: 1,502 ✭✭
    Whens the best times to go play Whistling weather wise? Debating heading out there in Sept but never been to the midwest
  • Ryan3773Ryan3773 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    September would be a nice time to visit, the winds won’t be super bad and it should be in the 50s at the worst. Generally we are still getting summer weather in early September.



    Really anytime in summer/fall would be preferable at the straits. If you want to take the course on in difficult conditions come in spring. Winds when I was there last year we’re in the 30s and it rained all day. Terrible, but a fun challenge!
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Anyone been up to Kohler yet this year? I'm going up to play the Irish and Meadows in a few weeks and curious if the Blackwolf courses are cart path only, and what kind of shape the courses are in. Thanks in advance.
  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Has anyone heard of any spring specials for the upcoming season?
  • mci711mci711 ChicagoMembers Posts: 1,022 ✭✭

    @cassel191919 said:
    Has anyone heard of any spring specials for the upcoming season?

    Straits is $250 (golf+caddie fee) plus gratuity for caddie until 2nd week of may. They have deals on the Irish and they have the original routing at blackwolf run for I think $150. Nothing was announced, but I called and asked.

  • cassel191919cassel191919 Members Posts: 178 ✭✭

    @mci711 said:

    Straits is $250 (golf+caddie fee) plus gratuity for caddie until 2nd week of may. They have deals on the Irish and they have the original routing at blackwolf run for I think $150. Nothing was announced, but I called and asked.

    thanks, I ended up doing the spring challenge the last weekend of April. A little disappointing they stopped doing the really good spring specials from a couple of years ago.

  • Ryan3773Ryan3773 Members Posts: 204 ✭✭

    80 for the Irish and Championship, not sure how long it lasts

  • Lefty96Lefty96 Members Posts: 156 ✭✭

    @Ryan3773 said:
    80 for the Irish and Championship, not sure how long it lasts

    I saw an ad for this. I believe may 9th is the cutoff.

    Callaway Rogue Subzero 9*/Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
    XR 16 15* 3w/fukijura 565 Stiff
    Adams Red 18*/Matrix altus Stiff
    4-PW 718 AP3/AMT tour white Stiff
    50* cleveland RTX 2.0 (10* bounce)
    56* cleveland RTX 2.0 (12* bounce)
    60* cleveland RTX 2.0 (6* bounce)
    Odyssey O-Works #9 with Garsen Ultimate grip
  • tjbluetjblue Members Posts: 187 ✭✭

    Lefty.....where did you see the ad?

  • Lefty96Lefty96 Members Posts: 156 ✭✭

    @tjblue said:
    Lefty.....where did you see the ad?

    It was on Facebook a few days ago, and I followed the link and found the dates. I was going to come post it here, but then I couldn't find the ad again. The link went to the American club website but I cannot find that page again. Apologies. Might have to call to make a tee time?

    Callaway Rogue Subzero 9*/Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
    XR 16 15* 3w/fukijura 565 Stiff
    Adams Red 18*/Matrix altus Stiff
    4-PW 718 AP3/AMT tour white Stiff
    50* cleveland RTX 2.0 (10* bounce)
    56* cleveland RTX 2.0 (12* bounce)
    60* cleveland RTX 2.0 (6* bounce)
    Odyssey O-Works #9 with Garsen Ultimate grip
Sign In or Register to comment.