Bushnell's plans to release new Pinseeker?

I'm currently in the market for a laser rangefinder and am highly intersted in the Bushnell Pinseeker 1500 TE. I would really go ahead and buy one now but the only thing thats holding me back is the thought that they are going to release a new one soon. Its been three years since the Pinseekers release and I'm sure they have a new one planned for sale sometime soon.

I know it may sound like a stupid concern but I don't want to buy it then have them release a new model which makes the 1500 go on sale everywhere or one that turns out to be much better than the 1500. The main reason being the former, given the fact that I'm still in school and moneys kinda tight... I don't want to buy it now for $350 then see it next week for $250 when the new model is released.

So any word on a newer model pending or should I go ahead and pull the trigger on the 1500TE?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see a new one come out because I too want the 1500TE, but it is way to expensive for me

Cobra Speedzone 9* w/ Tensei Pro White 70x
Mizuno ST200 15* w/Accra TZ5 100x Prototype
Taylormade P790 2i w/Recoil 120x Prototype
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal Pro 4i-5i w/DG X7
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 6i-PW w/DG X7
Mizuno S18 50*/57* w/DG X100
Callaway MD5 64* w/DG S400
Kevin Burns Custom 9304

I bought a 1500 TE about a year ago - since then a couple of different models were released but the price level off all the rangefinders just doesnt seem to change much. So i wouldnt count on getting a bargain on this kind of equipment when new releases are coming up. Why not check ebay for a used 1500 TE to get it cheaper?

They released the Medalist with Pinseeker and let me say that it is a turd compared to the 1500. Nothing beats the 1500 in my opinion and I have tried just about everything on the market. You can pick up a new one on an auction site for $299, a great investment considering you will have it for years and it's performance is unmatched. Bushnell also provides wonderful customer service, I had to send one back because of a problem with the lens, got a brand new one within a week, no questions asked. You will not regret making the purchase.

Cobra LTDX LS, Ventus TR S, Tipped 1" at 44.5, 9 @ 8

Ping G425 Max, Ventus TR 7, Tipped 1" at 42.5, 14.5 @ 13.5

Callaway Apex UW w/RDX Smoke Black 80S, 17 & 21

Bridgestone J38cb w/Nippon Modus 130S SS1x, 5-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 S Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 52

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind w/Nippon SPB 130x SS2x, 56 & 60

Odyssey White Hot OG 7CH

I have the Nikon 500G which I like very much. It is made to be golf specific, small and light, and has first target priority (easy to zero in on flag).
I see them on ebay for $249.

Steve

TM M1 , Matrix White Tie
Tour Edge Exotics EX8 14*
TEE EX8 16.5*, Rogue 60
Callaway Steelhead XR 3-AW, Recoil 760
Cal. Mack Daddy 2 54* ,Recoil 95
Cal. MD PM 58*, Recoil 95
Rife Bellevue, SNSR Red 104
Super Stroke S-tech grips
Wilson Duo-U

They have or are about to release a smaller one, the yardage pro tour V2 w/ pinseeker.
It's out, bought one for my nephew. Much smaller than my 1500, feels good shooting one-handed.

Only has 5X magnification vs. 7X with the 1500---I'm old, need all the help I can get. Still not cheap.

1597-3.jpg

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

It may sound counterintuitive, but the 5x magnification on the VS is a good thing, not a bad thing. The higher the magnification, the harder it is for many people to lock onto a small target. With this smaller unit, the 5x magnification will make it easier to target pins, not harder. And shaky old guys like me need all the help we can get. :russian_roulette:

[quote name='Golfdog' post='845596' date='Jan 2 2008, 08:19 AM']It may sound counterintuitive, but the 5x magnification on the VS is a good thing, not a bad thing. The higher the magnification, the harder it is for many people to lock onto a small target. With this smaller unit, the 5x magnification will make it easier to target pins, not harder. And shaky old guys like me need all the help we can get. :russian_roulette:[/quote]
I disagree. For me, and the people I play with that have 5x magnification range finders, it is easier to lock on the target with the 7x magnification because the target is larger. With the larger target, and the horizontal configuration, it has been much easier to quickly get the range with the Pinseeker 1500TE. A buddy of mine had his 500g stolen and replace with a Pinseeker 1500TE because he like the increased magnification so much.

And if you do the math, at the same distances, any increase in perceived shakiness is offset by the increase in target size. In other words, at the same distances, you need to be just as steady with 5x as you do with 7x. Because the target is larger compared to the site dot, it should be easier to stay on target with the 7x. "Old guys" should benefit from the larger view of the target as well.

Scott

I am getting pretty close as well. I want to do some research and find out the best one available for $299. I ave used the MEdalist as liked it.

Titleist TSi2 10* Driver Tensei Blue 55S
TM Sim2 Max 16.5* 3 wood Tensei Blue 60S

TM SIM2 Titanium 5 Wood Tensei Blue 65S

TM SIM2 MAx 4 Hybrid Ventus Stiff shaft
Ping G410 5-UW Alta Graphite Shafts
Vokey SM8 56* sand wedge, Vokey SM9 60* lob wedge
Black Lab Oil Can 350g custom grind by "Geo" putter

C&L 350 Milled Oil Can Putter (3 of them!)

THe PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando would be the likely place for any new models to potentially be introduced. January 17-19. Wait until after the show if you have any fears of a new model supplanting the 1500. I would be surprised if there was a new one. The 1500 works so well. It would be a superfluous re-design if they did.

[quote name='mr_divots' post='845769' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:49 AM']THe PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando would be the likely place for any new models to potentially be introduced. January 17-19. Wait until after the show if you have any fears of a new model supplanting the 1500. I would be surprised if there was a new one. The 1500 works so well. It would be a superfluous re-design if they did.[/quote]

Well....if they could make it a little smaller without sacrificing features, that would be cool.

[quote name='DemolitionMan' post='845910' date='Jan 2 2008, 02:41 PM'][quote name='mr_divots' post='845769' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:49 AM']THe PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando would be the likely place for any new models to potentially be introduced. January 17-19. Wait until after the show if you have any fears of a new model supplanting the 1500. I would be surprised if there was a new one. The 1500 works so well. It would be a superfluous re-design if they did.[/quote]

Well....if they could make it a little smaller without sacrificing features, that would be cool.
[/quote]
I would agree, except that for something that is meant to be held steady, smaller/lighter is not always better. The 1500 isn't that big as is. Enough "heft" to it to keep it steady.

[quote name='Golfdog' post='845596' date='Jan 2 2008, 10:19 AM']It may sound counterintuitive, but the 5x magnification on the VS is a good thing, not a bad thing. The higher the magnification, the harder it is for many people to lock onto a small target. With this smaller unit, the 5x magnification will make it easier to target pins, not harder. And shaky old guys like me need all the help we can get. :russian_roulette:[/quote]

... you're not being very PC. sheesh, we are not "shaky old guys" when it comes to range finders we are simply "stability challanged".

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Great advice guys, thanks!

[quote name='mr_divots' post='845769' date='Jan 2 2008, 01:49 PM']THe PGA Merchandise Show in Orlando would be the likely place for any new models to potentially be introduced. January 17-19. Wait until after the show if you have any fears of a new model supplanting the 1500. I would be surprised if there was a new one. The 1500 works so well. It would be a superfluous re-design if they did.[/quote]

And thats definitely a great idea Mr. Divots, I think i'ma do that, but even if i wait till then how will i know if they have a new model out or not? Is there a Mechandise Show webiste to go to to check out all the new gear at the show?

[quote name='GolfDiscount.com' post='846074' date='Jan 2 2008, 05:47 PM']I spoke with my Bushnell Rep. and was told there is not a planned replacement for the 1500TE in the works. Since buying golf equipment is like buying a car this could easily change come spring time or before the next holiday season. But as of right now the 1500TE is the top dog.[/quote]

And thanks for the inside info Golfdiscount. I am pretty intersted in purchasing the rangefinder and was wondering if there is any discount provided to Golfwrx members from your site? thanks in advance :russian_roulette:

Thanks for the above link. Found the following on the merchandise show site under bushnell:

[quote]Bushnell continues to be the number one Laser Rangefinder in professional golf. New for 2008, the Tour V2 is destined to be the number one Laser Rangefinder in golf as it features a sleek, compact design along with Bushnell's performance enhancing advanced PinSeeker Technology. Also for 2008, Bushnell will be introducing GPS and a Point-and-Shoot model to its line of electronic measuring devices.[/quote]

Wonder what a "point-and-shoot model" means? Doesn't sound like it is to be a replacement to the 1500 TE though...

[quote name='TheHomez' post='847096' date='Jan 3 2008, 10:31 AM']...Wonder what a "point-and-shoot model" means?...[/quote]It'll have bullets.

[i][color=#0000cd][b][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Treating others the way you want to be treated is the key component to preservation of our goals.[/font][/b][/color][/i]

You guys have me sold too now... Having never used one of these, but tired of pacing distances and guessing - how accurate are they in determining the distance of shots. For example, could I use it after a drive to target the ball and get the shot distance? In the rough and fairway? How about to the front and back of green? How about a flag on a blind green where only the flag is visible?

[quote name='pocketfulladoubles' post='856349' date='Jan 9 2008, 04:39 PM']You guys have me sold too now... Having never used one of these, but tired of pacing distances and guessing - how accurate are they in determining the distance of shots. For example, could I use it after a drive to target the ball and get the shot distance? In the rough and fairway? How about to the front and back of green? How about a flag on a blind green where only the flag is visible?[/quote]

Really good questions. Could anybody please answer them?

I'm not sure about this bc i haven't received mine yet, but i think that if you want to measure your drive you can stand at your ball and shoot something on the tee box to effectively give you your driving distance. And one answer to your question that I do know is that the Bushnell is accurate to +/- 1 yard.

Well.. lets see.. you can lock onto your ball or an object near it to get a pretty good idea of how far your drive went.. you can also lock onto people in the group in front of you to see how far they really are so you dont hit into them.. you can lock onto sand traps, edges of water hazards, and yardage marker stakes to find out how far you really are from them.. in terms of the green.. if you cant see it you can lock onto it.. so if you can see the stick but not the front or back of the green you obviously cannot lock onto it.. on the other hand.. of you can, you can lock onto the front and back of the green or you can lock onto something that's near the green like a tree or a trap to get ideas of how far you are to certain things. Basically it's a GREAT thing to have with you on the course.. i was at my home course just the other day and the carts have GPS in them and they were as much as 10 YARDS off what my 1500 TE was telling me.. and i knew that before, when i trusted that POS GPS that i'd hit one over the green or 1 club short on good swings when you second guess yourself becuase of the GPS you get mad knowing you made a good swing and had the right club in hand the first time.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745