ANNOUNCEMENT:
Please have patience. We understand that this sucks and it will get MUCH better.

Link to full post HERE
Please add any bugs (problems) with new software in the Website Help Forum. There is a dedicated thread HERE.

brianhorne8's WITB, Course Photos, and Other ****

2»

Comments

• WenzWenz Advanced Members Posts: 170
    Congratulations. Get in some golf while you can.

Really missed seeing some stunning course pictures from you.
  • brianhorne8brianhorne8 Advanced Members Posts: 1,371 ✭✭
    Wenz wrote:

Congratulations. Get in some golf while you can.

Really missed seeing some stunning course pictures from you.

Aw, thanks. I've been out a lot recently, but haven't been able to snap any pictures. Hoping to get a few either this week or a few from now, and I'll play a couple of times in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area around Christmas.

Also tried the entire Evnroll putter line today, along with a few of Cure's offerings. My putting has been atrocious for a few months now, and I'm searching for answers. I think Evnroll ER2 is going to be in the bag next month.
  • DE-ILLINIDE-ILLINI Advanced Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Great thread. The pictures are fantastic. Congratulations on the new addition.
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    4W: Ping G15
    3H & 4H: Cobra Baffler
    5 - SW: Ping G25
    58*: Cleveland CBX
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    DE-ILLINI wrote:

Great thread. The pictures are fantastic. Congratulations on the new addition.

Thanks. I teased everyone with these pictures and haven't snapped any since. Chalk it up to playing faster and forgetting my camera...and not wanting to take any with my iPhone. Doesn't do 'em justice.
    edited December 2016
    Super pumped to put something very special (to me) in the bag tomorrow. Will update when it's in my hands!

Also playing Wickenburg Ranch and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes next week (12/26 and 12/28). Will FINALLY get some good course pictures up.

ALSO finding out boy/girl on Wednesday. Big holiday season coming up.
  • TheKrushhTheKrushh Advanced Members Posts: 1,013 ✭✭

Super pumped to put something very special (to me) in the bag tomorrow. Will update when it's in my hands!

Also playing Wickenburg Ranch and Ak-Chin Southern Dunes next week (12/26 and 12/28). Will FINALLY get some good course pictures up.

ALSO finding out boy/girl on Wednesday. Big holiday season coming up.

Southern dunes is a treat! Have fun!
    Ping G400Max 10.5 ADGP 7X
    Taylormade R15 17 Speeder 7X
    Srixon U85 3,4 Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Srixon 785 5-PW Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Cleveland RTX-4 Tour Raw 50,55,61 Nippon NSPro 1050s
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5W 34.5
    A little over a year ago, I happened up YourTourCollection.com and found their stash of Yes! putters. As a fan of them, I was immediately interested in the tour offerings. One, in particular, was the Mollie Tour. My wife's name is Mollie, and it just so happened that it's that #9 shape that I love and have always wanted to game. I almost bit, but I thought the price was a little high, so I talked myself out of it. When I talked myself back into it, it was sold. I've been searching for over a year for one, but eBay listings are hard to come by, and the ones I've seen have had astronomical prices. I randomly typed the putter's name into the search bar a couple of days ago and, to my amazement, there was one for sale. Not perfect condition by any means, but I've never been a stickler for that. The buy it now price was $85 plus shipping, and then I noticed the location of the seller was in Littleton, CO. I messaged them immediately and asked if they'd be willing to sell and do a local pickup and they agreed. I am just picked this thing up and, nicks aside, it's absolutely awesome. And like I said, I'm no purist, so that doesn't bother me much either. It's even got a new SS Slim 3.0 on, which is exactly what's on my gamer now. I can't believe I lucked into this deal. Really, really neat to have her name on my putter, and with the correct spelling, at that.

tumblr_oiibosDMho1snx021o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oiibosDMho1snx021o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oiibosDMho1snx021o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oiibosDMho1snx021o4_1280.jpg

I've made a few putts around the house with it, and this putter is SO SOFT. I'm in love. Immediately going into the bag for my upcoming trip to Phoenix this weekend. It'll get two rounds next week!
    edited December 2016
    Just snagged a Golf Buddy LR5!

LR5.png

I almost went for the LR5S, which has slope readings, but for the money, I didn't think I'd use it enough to really make it worth it. They're currently running a $100 rebate if you buy from certain stores, so I headed over to PGA Tour SS before they closed today to get one for my Monday AM round. Can't wait to finally have a laser in the bag. Also got a chance to hit the new Cobra King F7 (standard). Man, it's really, really good. Feel/sound were perfect, and it's as good, performance-wise as any other Cobra offerings of late. I'll be scouring the BST this time next year for mine, lol.
    Last week I played Ak-Chin Southern Dunes. Man, oh man, what a great course. Bunkers everywhere with GOOD sand, greens rolling true and fast, fairways were not too firm, yet not too soft, and not a house in sight. I loved/hated the bunker placement, only because it became (as golf typically is) imperative that you put your ball exactly where you intended to, unless you like playing out of fairway bunkers. A properly links-y yet desert-y mix of golf, there weren't any absurd forced carries like you'll see on a lot of AZ desert courses...this course just required good shots all around. I believe they were gearing up for an amateur tournament that weekend, so the pin placements were about as brutal as I've seen on any course I've played. Had a great back nine going and hit a decent iron into the green on 18 that rolled off into a bunker that faced the lake adjacent to the green. Pin was tucked a few feet from the edge and not being the strongest bunker player, I was terrified of hitting a thin bullet into the lake. Three swings I wimped out on before I finally got out, and finished off a seven hole par streak with a quad. Went from possibly carding a 37 or 38 (if I'd stayed on the green on 18) to a 42. Oh well, them's the breaks.

Just a lovely track. Get out there if you haven't. Oh, and walk it! Rate is the same to walk or ride, but they have Sun Mountain Speed Carts you can use if you opt to row your own boat.

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o8_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7pfronHQ1snx021o7_1280.jpg
    Two days before Ak-Chin, I played Wickenburg Ranch. AZ had been hammered with rain and snow a few days before, so the course was predictably soggy. Some bunkers were lakes, and the ones that weren't were a bit firm (as expected)...but aside from that, this place lived up to the hype about its conditioning. The practice facilities are some of the best I've seen as well, and the staff were super friendly.

I'd originally set out to play this one with my dad, as many of you said that the fairways here would be a little more open and friendly to those of us who can't hit a straight ball. I found that to be very true, even if Dad wasn't around to put it to the ultimate test (weirdly, I found the center of the fairway on all but one hole). I don't know if it was the frost delay that threw me off a little bit or what, but I personally didn't have a great day as far as ball striking with my irons went, so I'm not so sure how I feel about the layout on the whole. A lot of forced carries and tricky blind shots wait for you out there. There are some really pretty views all around, but there's construction everywhere building up the community that'll eventually enclose the course, which is a major drag. Conditions-wise, you're going to have a really hard time finding a better place in the Phoenix area, especially at their current $79 before 9AM rate, but I don't know if there was a particular hole or stretch of holes that really knocked my socks off in any way. I played Cherry Hills CC here in Denver this summer and felt the same way right after the round, but a few days set in and I knew that what I'd played was really good. I'm a week removed from this round and can't say I feel the same way. It wasn't bad at all, it just didn't feel special.

That said, if you're looking for a great round of golf in the Phoenix area, do yourself a favor and give this place a go. I suspect that in a month or two during peak golf season, it'll be fantastic. I'll definitely be back hoping that I was just in a fog from lackluster play and a frost delay. I suspect that's might be the case. Until then, I'll let the photos do the talking.

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o3_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o5_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o2_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o6_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o4_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o7_1280.jpg

tumblr_oj7rp0m6z51snx021o8_1280.jpg
  • DE-ILLINIDE-ILLINI Advanced Members Posts: 319 ✭✭
    Thanks for sharing the photos. Helps ease the pain of a cold rainy day here in the Mid Atlantic.
    Driver: Taylormade M3
    4W: Ping G15
    3H & 4H: Cobra Baffler
    5 - SW: Ping G25
    58*: Cleveland CBX
    Putter: Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser
    DE-ILLINI wrote:

Thanks for sharing the photos. Helps ease the pain of a cold rainy day here in the Mid Atlantic.

We got 8" of snow here in Denver overnight. I was hoping to play on Sunday...
    Anyone around these parts game a PM grind wedge? Looking for some opinions as I might go that route with my 60º pretty soon.
2»