Destin on a Budget

Headed down to Ft Walton/Destin area with my in laws for a week this weekend. Looking to play 2 rounds. Does anyone have any recommendations? I played Kelly Plantation last time I was down and it looks like we can get on for cheaper in the afternoon. So i was thinking of something cheap for an early morning round during the week.

Comments

• golfandfishinggolfandfishing Members Posts: 3,493 ✭✭
    I'm here now, what's your quality threshold? Seascape is about $25 on teeoff.com.

Kelly is awesome. We played Links and Baytown this week. Perfect weather until a windy today FYI.
  • jjrussell12jjrussell12 Members Posts: 429 ✭✭
    I'm here now, what's your quality threshold? Seascape is about $25 on teeoff.com.

Kelly is awesome. We played Links and Baytown this week. Perfect weather until a windy today FYI.

Probably somewhere in the $50 range for a morning tee time?
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members Posts: 3,014 ✭✭
    I'd recommend the Eagle at Eglin AFB in Niceville, but the greens haven't completely recovered from an aeration a few weeks back. Bit of a drive, but Windswept Dunes is an excellent option.
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link
  • BubbBubb Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    Windswept Dunes
  • Dr.FrankenputzDr.Frankenputz Members Posts: 713 ✭✭
    Windswept dunes; if you want a little closer Indian bayou is a decent place.
  • dennis4190dennis4190 Louisville,KyMembers Posts: 560 ✭✭
    I just left that area..make sure you eat at McGuires.
  • buckeyevalleybuckeyevalley Members Posts: 372 ✭✭
    Second the McGuire suggestion.
  • jjrussell12jjrussell12 Members Posts: 429 ✭✭
    Second the McGuire suggestion.

Thanks! We're trying to find as many places to eat on the water with good views so I'll have to check this place out.
  • BarronDDSBarronDDS Members Posts: 900 ✭✭
    Bubb wrote:
    Windswept Dunes
    loved bayou. Great for the money
  • BubbBubb Members Posts: 1,306 ✭✭
    Also, the Donut Hole is a very underrated dining spot for dinner, believe it or not.
  • dennis4190dennis4190 Louisville,KyMembers Posts: 560 ✭✭
    I second the Donut Hole, best Key Lime Pie I've ever had. Also try the Back Porch.
  • bcflyguy1bcflyguy1 Enjoying my coffee... Members Posts: 3,014 ✭✭
    Dewey Destin on Choctaw Bay, in the neighborhood behind McGuire's. Right on the water, great place to watch a sunset, and the food is second to none. Recommend the tuna steak, but everything on the menu is fresh and stellar.
    Never forget that the luxury of being
    wrong is not enough to make you right.
    WITB Link