Cheating

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A friend of mine cheated in a school match and was disqualified right after making birdie birdie eagle on the first three holes

Cobra Speedzone 9* w/ Tensei Pro White 70x
Mizuno ST200 15* w/Accra TZ5 100x Prototype
Taylormade P790 2i w/Recoil 120x Prototype
Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metal ProΒ 4i-5i w/DG X7
Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 6i-PW w/DG X7
Mizuno S18 50*/57* w/DG X100
Callaway MD5 64* w/DG S400
Kevin Burns Custom 9304

Its a game of integrity, if someone can't keep it clean for a tournament, they shouldn't be playing. Maybe on a thursday afternoon, you are on a root, move it, i can see something like that

Titleist Trip - New Bedford

Titleist TSi3 8* with Tensei AV Raw White 65X
Titleist 915 Fd 15 with diamana d+80X
Titleist 918H2 18* with Tensei CK White 90X
Titleist ap2 716 4-gw with Amt x100
Vokey sm9 54, 58 with Amt x100

Evnroll ER2

I turned in a 99 today, as the #3 golfer on our HS team. I had so many opportunities to cheat it's not even funny. I'm clean. I had the chance to cheat and turn in an 89 that I didn't shoot, but I actually shot a 99, so thats what I turned in.

Β 

As it turns out, our #1 and #2 seat golfers played very well, #4 had a hot front 9 and did fairly well. WE could have done OK in the match. Basically I blew it for the whole team. I don't really have a lot to say to those guys anymore, except "I'm sorry." I seriously feel terrible about that round, not only because I lost it for the team, but because I didn't play within ten strokes of my own standards.

Β 

All I have to keep me going is my own honesty. If I would have cheated, I would have driven my car into a telephone pole on the drive home.

Β 

I have personally caught and called out two cheaters on our team. To give you an idea of how I feel about cheating, one of those guys was a good friend of mine. I worked really hard to get where I am. I will give not give up my spot to cheater, I'll quit the team if that ever happens, but I'll gladly step aside for the guy who goes out and beats me fair and square.

Β 

Besides, why manipulate the score? I can play a kid, and without counting his strokes or seeing his score card, I can tell you how good he is. I don't need any piece of paper to tell me who is better than me and who isn't. The scorecard won't make you a better golfer.

No, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I cheated in a tournament. :yes:

Β 

Β 

Actually, now that I think about it.... that rule where if you are in one bunker and go into another bunker, you cannot rake the bunker you just hit out of until you hit out of the next one. I'm sure I broke that rule a few times. I never knew it was a rule until that Stewart Cink incident. :yes:

No, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night knowing I cheated in a tournament. :yes:

Β 

Β 

Actually, now that I think about it.... that rule where if you are in one bunker and go into another bunker, you cannot rake the bunker you just hit out of until you hit out of the next one. I'm sure I broke that rule a few times. I never knew it was a rule until that Stewart Cink incident. :yes:

Β 

There was a recent USGA/R&A decision which corrected that so a Cink-like incident will no longer be against the rules

A friend of mine cheated in a school match and was disqualified right after making birdie birdie eagle on the first three holes

Β 

Yes, one of my best friends from my team got caught cheating this past year, not once, but twice. Thought he would learn his lesson the second time. Our coach is considering not even letting him try out next year because of the way that it makes the school look.

Β 

Yes, one of my best friends from my team got caught cheating this past year, not once, but twice. Thought he would learn his lesson the second time. Our coach is considering not even letting him try out next year because of the way that it makes the school look.

Β 

Β 

Considering?

Β 

It amazes me that 14 of you admit to cheating, wait amazes is the wrong word how about turns my stomach.

Β 

There is nothing more despicable on this earth than a cheat.

When I played in a local tourny, I was paired with a kid that goes to the same school as me, and he is on the golf team. AFter about five holes, wow............the worst cheater I have ever seen!!! After each hole, the kid that was keeping his scores said.........what should I write? Funny thing was, when he got in to play in the international junior masters, he did not cheat, and he shot a 98, which put him at the bottom of the field.

I don't know if this is cheating, but I played a tournament once when I was 10 and on the last hole I put my score down as one higher than it should have been. I didn't realize it until later that night when my dad did the recounting, but I ending up winning anyway.

Β 

How would that be cheating?

Β 

Edit: I also find it pretty horrible, that people love the game so much that they would be active in a golf forum, yet still cheat.

I just wasn't sure because it is not posting an accurate score, but it was against my favor, not with it. Well it happened about 5 years ago so I guess it doesn't even matter at all.

Β 

Β 

Β 

You were ten but you did not win that tournament you signed and incorrect scorecard. You are DQed

Β 

I once was sitting in my house when I realized I violated a rule. I picked up the phone called the pro and DQed myself I am not sure what I did at the moment its been a few years.

Β 

I do remember the Pro was amazed that I would do that.

Β 

By the way just so you kids no if you watch someone cheat and do not turn them in . Its almost the same as cheating. You have a responsibility to the field.

I just wasn't sure because it is not posting an accurate score, but it was against my favor, not with it. Well it happened about 5 years ago so I guess it doesn't even matter at all.

Β 

Β 

Β 

You were ten but you did not win that tournament you signed and incorrect scorecard. You are DQed

Β 

I once was sitting in my house when I realized I violated a rule. I picked up the phone called the pro and DQed myself I am not sure what I did at the moment its been a few years.

Β 

Β 

By the way just so you kids no if you watch someone cheat and do not turn them in . Its almost the same as cheating. You have a responsibility to the field.

Β 

pardon my ignorance but i thought if you signed for a score higher than what was on your scorecard you are not dq'd the score just stands.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

pardon my ignorance but i thought if you signed for a score higher than what was on your scorecard you are not dq'd the score just stands.

Β 

Β 

Β 

well I will leave it to a rules expert to answer which I am not . Honestly now that you bring it up I am not sure.

Β 

But its still and incorrect score.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

well I will leave it to a rules expert to answer which I am not . Honestly now that you bring it up I am not sure.

Β 

But its still and incorrect score.

Β 

i agree with you that it is an incorrect score. i just wasn't sure if it was disqualification or not. thats all.

Signing for a score higher than you had actually posted is not a DQ.

You just have to live with the higher score.

Β 

I know I read a few rulings in that regard.

I'm sure I can do a USGA search if need be.

Callaway GBB Epic 9* w/ Ahina 70x
TaylormadeΒ SIM Ti 15* w/ Ahina 80x

Srixon Z U85 18* Driving Iron w/ Ahina 80x
Callaway XHot Pro Hybrid w/ Ahina 80x
Mizuno MP60 3-PW w/ DG X100
Odyssey Black Series i #2
Mizuno MP-T4 52*, 60*, Vokey 64*

Yep, remember Mark Roe + Jesper Parnevik got DQ'ed from the British open in 2003.

Roe was playing fantastic and Parnevik only beat him on one hole, but the forgot to exchange cards at the beginning of the round and got DQ'ed.

the announcers said that if Roe had have beaten Parnevik on that one extra hole he would been able to play the rest of the tourney having to except the higher score.

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2003/n...03_mistake.html

If you look at the poll result so far a whopping 20% have cheated, my god i'm shocked

Β 

Shocked? Really? I'm clean and always has been but I play in amateur handicapped tournaments, local outings and regular clubs events (scrambles, which I hate, and such) and I find that cheating, due to ignorance of the rules or intent, seems to be pervasive rather than anecdotal.

Β 

It's actually one of my major motivation to get to scratch or close so I can go play in heads up competition without have to worry (too much) about sandbaggers and other kinds of cheating.

Β 

I've only started to play this game four years ago but after reading about it being a "gentlemen's game" or a "game of honor", I have been utterly dis-illusionned and disappointed about the actual reality.

Β 

I have found that short of elite amateur or pro play, you have expect people to cheat rather than not. Maybe it's just me but I see rules as black and white. Seems to be an awfull lot of grey in most amateur golf.

I saw a guy cheating a few years ago. He was fluffing his lie in the rough during a regional event. He was playing really well so I was pretty surprised to see him doing this.

Β 

I called him over and told him that I saw what he did and that I was going to penalize him if he didn't add two strokes himself.

Β 

Not only did he add two strokes but after I called him on this, he totally lost his focus and ended up coming in dead last place.

Β 

After the round I went over to explain that I wasn't trying to be a dick or anything and he refused to even look at me. ha ha ha!