G/Fore golf shoes

lynxsterlynxster lynxsterCapital of the Free World Members Posts: 392 ✭✭
Anybody got any feedback on them, especially the high tops?
[font=georgia,serif]Wilson Staff Cortex Driver Graphite Design Tour AD IZ [/font]
[font=georgia,serif]Wilson Staff C300 3 Wood [/font][font=georgia, serif]Evenflow 5.5 Tipped a 1/2 Inch[/font]
[font="georgia, serif"]Wilson Staff V4 Forged Utility 18 and 22 Degree[/font]
[font=georgia, serif]Wilson Staff C300 Forged 5 -PW[/font]
[font="georgia, serif"]Wilson Staff PMP Wedges 50, 55, 59[/font]

[font=georgia,serif]Wilson Tour Urethane[/font]

Comments

• AMM315AMM315 Members Posts: 221 ✭✭
    High tops aren’t my style, but I have the gallivanters and love them. Need a summer shoe though as they are full leather and probably won’t breathe as well as some Nike’s, pumas, etc..
  • lynxsterlynxster lynxster Capital of the Free World Members Posts: 392 ✭✭
    Yeah love the Jordan's, but the white g/fores have me intrigued!!
    [font=georgia,serif]Wilson Staff Cortex Driver Graphite Design Tour AD IZ [/font]
    [font=georgia,serif]Wilson Staff C300 3 Wood [/font][font=georgia, serif]Evenflow 5.5 Tipped a 1/2 Inch[/font]

• AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,914 ClubWRX
    I'll second AMM315; the shoes are awesome whether walking out riding and very comfortable.
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
  • raholland71raholland71 Full cords, No gloves, Can't lose! Members Posts: 423 ✭✭
    By far and away the best shoes I've ever owned. I don't think I'll own another brand
    WITB
    Titleist TS3 9.5*
    Titleist TS3 15*
    Titleist 818 H2 19*
    Miura CB57 4-6
    Miura MB001 7-PW
    Vokey SM7 Raw 52*
    Vokey V Grind 56*
    Vokey Low Bounce K 60*
    Scotty Cameron Newport Circle T

By far and away the best shoes I've ever owned. I don't think I'll own another brand

Which model?

AUDuffer wrote:

I'll second AMM315; the shoes are awesome whether walking out riding and very comfortable.

Which ones are you rocking?

• mtgrizinmnmtgrizinmn Members Posts: 599
    I have the galvinator's and I have replaced all my golf shoes with G/Fore. They are super comfortable and I love the styling.
  • FlyingLaw1FlyingLaw1 Members Posts: 779 ✭✭
    For those that have them, how is the traction? I've never had a spikeless shoe I've gotten along very well with but really like the G/fore line (looks wise anyway).
    GO DAWGS
  • DeacLaw05DeacLaw05 Members Posts: 351 ✭✭
    FlyingLaw1 wrote:

For those that have them, how is the traction? I've never had a spikeless shoe I've gotten along very well with but really like the G/fore line (looks wise anyway).

Traction is great on the pair I have (Pintuck Gallivanter). You’re going to need a compressed air hose to really clean them out, though.
  • kerrlybillkerrlybill Members Posts: 188 ✭✭
    I have a pair of the disruptors. Super comfortable. Traction is excellent. Just an all around great shoe. I will be buying more pairs in the near future.
  • clemsoncowboysclemsoncowboys Members Posts: 117 ✭✭
    They are comfortable......different but comfortable.
  • Lefty_13Lefty_13 Members Posts: 195 ✭✭
    Absolutely love my Gallivanters. Comfortable straight out of the box and have gotten so many compliments on them. I have a virtually brand new pair of LCV 2's I bought a few months ago that can't find their way on my feet. Highly recommend.
    Taylormade M3 w/ HZRDUS Black 6.5
    Taylormade M2 3 Wood w/ Rogue 80X
    Bridgestone J15CB w/ DG Tour Issue S400
    Taylormade MG 52,56,60 w/ DG Tour Issue S400
    Taylormade Tour Spider (Black)
    DeacLaw05 wrote:

FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Traction is great on the pair I have (Pintuck Gallivanter). You're going to need a compressed air hose to really clean them out, though.

Traction is great and these things grab everything. I always have to give them a good scrubbing after a round to get them clean.
  • eddiea54eddiea54 Members Posts: 987 ✭✭
    Loving my Gallivanters.. brown/saddle. So comfortable and great grip.
    What about sizing?

• Togatown22Togatown22 Saratoga Springs, NYMembers Posts: 2,754 ✭✭
    ^^

Great question! Do they fit true to size or more like an FJ that typically runs 1/2 size or so large?
    Rogue 10.5 Graphite Design AD TP 6S
    Rogue 15 PX Even Flow Blue S
    816H1 19 Motore Speeder 8.8 S
    718 AP3 4,5 DG AWT Black S
    718 AP2 6-Gap DG AWT Black S
    SM7 54.10M, 58.04L DG TI Onyx S400
    Futura 5.5W
  • woofelfinwoofelfin Members Posts: 323 ✭✭
    true sizing, I am a 10.5 in Adidas and FJ and 10 was to tight, 10.5 fit perfect.
    DeacLaw05 wrote:

FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Traction is great on the pair I have (Pintuck Gallivanter). You're going to need a compressed air hose to really clean them out, though.

mtgrizinmn wrote:

DeacLaw05 wrote:

FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Traction is great and these things grab everything. I always have to give them a good scrubbing after a round to get them clean.

Thanks!!
    GO DAWGS
    Got these limited edition Liberty Gallivanters for father's day.

I have a few G/Fore gloves, and the shoes have grabbed my attention lately. All I can say is wow; the quality on these is very impressive. The leather has a great soft feel to it and the shoes are very light. Can't wait to try them out!

Futura 5.5W
    Togatown22 wrote:

I have a few G/Fore gloves, and the shoes have grabbed my attention lately. All I can say is wow; the quality on these is very impressive. The leather has a great soft feel to it and the shoes are very light. Can't wait to try them out!

I had been eying those for a while. Your picture pushed to order my 6th pair of GFore's.
    mtgrizinmn wrote:

Togatown22 wrote:

I had been eying those for a while. Your picture pushed to order my 6th pair of GFore's.

Hahaha; yep, I think it's going to get me to add a pair or two more.

Very simple, yet classy with a few subtle trim touches really makes all of the gallivanter line stand out to me. Nice work G/Fore!
    Futura 5.5W
    Anyone walking in these? 95% of my rounds are walking and it is pretty darn hot here in the summer. Wondering if they get warm and how they hold up.

Still trying to locate the color I want in my size...
    GO DAWGS
  • troublelovetroublelove Members Posts: 355 ✭✭
    I walk 100 rounds a year and apart from when it is very very wet, always wear my G Fore's. I bought two pairs over a year ago but the 2nd haven't come out of the box yet.

Very comfortable and very easy my feet even when it is hard ground. They are not as light as some of my others shoes (Nike Roshe, LC2) which I now only use for practice, but they are certainly not heavy.

They were the first pair of spike-less shoes I have owned and I was worried about the traction as I'm 230lbs and swing relatively hard. However, no issues at all. The grip is exceptional.

Great shoes and I highly recommend.
    PXG Gen 2 X MCA Diamana BF
    Callaway Epic 15* GD AD I
    Callaway Epic Hybrid 20* GD AD I
    Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5-PW
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 50,54,58
    Scotty Cameron Custom Notchback
    TP5x
    edited Jun 21, 2018 #24

I walk 100 rounds a year and apart from when it is very very wet, always wear my G Fore's. I bought two pairs over a year ago but the 2nd haven't come out of the box yet.

Very comfortable and very easy my feet even when it is hard ground. They are not as light as some of my others shoes (Nike Roshe, LC2) which I now only use for practice, but they are certainly not heavy.

They were the first pair of spike-less shoes I have owned and I was worried about the traction as I'm 230lbs and swing relatively hard. However, no issues at all. The grip is exceptional.

Thank you! How's the temperature control? (I.e. do they get hot?)

Edit (a question to everyone): Are the shoe design on the G/Fore website and the design (other than style) on the Peter Millar Website the same? I kinda like the look of the Brogue Gallivanter a little better.
    GO DAWGS
    FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Edit (a question to everyone): Are the shoe design on the G/Fore website and the design (other than style) on the Peter Millar Website the same? I kinda like the look of the Brogue Gallivanter a little better.

Yes, the shoes on Peter Millar are the same as the other G/Fore's. They were a collaboration between the two before the companies merged. I started with the white and brown Brogue's. They are great shoes.
  • socalbonzisocalbonzi Members Posts: 31
    FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Anyone walking in these? 95% of my rounds are walking and it is pretty darn hot here in the summer. Wondering if they get warm and how they hold up.

Still trying to locate the color I want in my size...

FWIW, the gfore site didn't have the color I wanted in my size and I ended up finding them at both pgasuperstore and golflocker online. Went the golf locker route as they ended up not charging tax, so ended up being cheaper than gfore as well as having the color I wanted. Go figure.
  • AUDufferAUDuffer ClubWRX Posts: 2,914 ClubWRX
    FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Edit (a question to everyone): Are the shoe design on the G/Fore website and the design (other than style) on the Peter Millar Website the same? I kinda like the look of the [url=&quot;https://www.petermillar.com/products/MF17EF02A/Brogue-Gallivanter-Golf-Shoe&quot;]Brogue Gallivanter[/url] a little better.

Exact same and you should get them. These were my first pair and they are awesome. I have the cap toe and another on the way. Probably going to cop the Patriot version as well!
    10.5° PXG 0811LX Project X HC Evenflow 75X<br />15° PXG 0341 Fujikura 2.0 7X<br />19° PXG 0317 Fujikura Pro 2.0 HB 85S<br />4-6 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi Oban CT-115 S-<br />7-9 Mizuno MP-18 MMC Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 46/50/54/58 Oban CT-115 S-<br />Artisan Golf 0117 x 2 (Night and Day)
    AUDuffer wrote:

FlyingLaw1 wrote:

Exact same and you should get them. These were my first pair and they are awesome. I have the cap toe and another on the way. Probably going to cop the Patriot version as well!

They're on the way!
    GO DAWGS
  • TzoidTzoid Members Posts: 1,644 ✭✭
    Where is the best source for G-Fore shoes? You guys got me sold . I'm a Shoe Ho
    Texan stranded in "The Peoples Republic of Maryland"
    Ping G400 Max Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 60
    Ping G400 3 Wood Aldila Rogue Silver 110 M.S.I. 70
    Ping G25 20 & Anser 23 Hybrid
    ONOFF KURO 2015 4-PW N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 120S
    Scratch 50 54 58 Forged Wedges Nippon WV 115 Shafts
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Stainless
    Ping Vault 2.0 Dale Anser Custom
    Titleist Pro V-1X
    Tzoid wrote:

Where is the best source for G-Fore shoes? You guys got me sold . I'm a Shoe Ho

I've gotten all of mine directly through G/Fore. The last couple of pair I've ordered they have dropped a nice note in and a cool little ball marker. You can get them through Trendygolfusa.com also.
  • ralgieeeralgieee Members Posts: 1
    I just bought the Gfore Brogue and they are incredibly comfortable, lightweight with great traction. I have been a guy that has only played FootJoy Icon Blacks for years, and they beat the **** out of that shoe in every way possible. Style and comfort, cant beat it.