When odd things out of necessity just work....a 3 wood story

PixlPutterman PixlPutterman Look At My Lefty J33R(hey I can wish)Members Posts: 8,269 ✭✭
I have a love hate relationship with 3 woods so lets start there image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I have had an Adams Super LS for about a year now and while I have liked it over other 3 woods I have tried, it mostly stayed at home and I would just play driver / 2i.

I had a shaft sitting in my part bag and decided to see what would happen if I put it in the 3 wood. It was a regular flex House of Forged Patriot that I pulled from an Adams Launch lab forever ago.....being too lazy/cheap to pull or replace the grip, I decided I would just tip the heck out of it to get it to length. Then after starting that process I realized i would tip the .335 right out of the shaft image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I ended up tipping it as much as I could with out losing the tip diameter I needed and butt cut the rest. I typically play my 3 woods at a shorter shaft so it currently plays at 42", after being too light I picked up a 14g weight for the head and went to the range.

Maybe I was just on that day but I have NEVER loved a 3 wood, only liked a few....but now I love this 3 wood.

So there you have it, some weird, odd tipping on a shaft far too soft to begin with had ended up working really really well.

Anyone else have odd stories like that?
PXG 0811x 9° - HC EvenFlow Black 75x 
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 18° - C Taper 125
Mizuno MP Fli Hi 23° - C Taper 120
Wilson Staff FG62 - S300
Cobra Tour Trusty 52°/56°/62°- S300
Mizuno TP Mills TP7 
RZN Platinum