Size of the Odyssey Marxman?

PitchswagPitchswag Members Posts: 724
edited Jul 11, 2018 in Putters #1
Hi,

I’ve been looking every where in my area to find an Odyssey Marxman to demo since I would like to compare the size of the putter head with the Scotty Cameron Futura 6M. But no one has it image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The #7 is too small for my taste and the Jailbird Mini is about perfect, but I love the Marxman design. But looking at this photo it looks like the Marxman is a bit bigger than the Jailbird Mini and it must be too big either. For example do I think the 2-Ball Fang is too big.

https://****.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/OdysseyRedBlackMallets.jpg

Max size of a putter for my eyes is the Futura 6M so can someone here tell me how they think about the Marxman in head size?

Thank you image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Edit: Linkfix

Comments

• Dave52Dave52 Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Yeah, it’s definitely bigger than the mini. The Marksman doesn’t quite feel as big as the two ball fang, but it’s darn close.
  • PitchswagPitchswag Members Posts: 724
    Thanks Dave, but do you know about the size to the Futura 6M?
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,196 ClubWRX
    Definitely larger than the Jailbird mini. I have not tried a Scotty 6M. With the weighted wings may be a little larger than a Marxman, hard to say. Could be very comparable. The Marxman seems almost the same size as the Fang to me, or pretty close.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,300 ✭✭
    Not sure which one you are talking about but the marxman fang is the exact size as the 2-ball fang.
    Thanks guys! Too bad with the size. I really like the design of the Marxman image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

The Marxman should just have been the size of the old DART putter.
    I actually saw a blade putter at the shop the other day that had a marxman type alignment aid on top. It was kinda weird looking and I can’t remember exactly who made it. Don’t think it was one of the major oems
  • Dave52Dave52 Members Posts: 108 ✭✭
    Jeriko wrote:

Thanks guys! Too bad with the size. I really like the design of the Marxman image/sad.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Yeah, I'd be really into a mini marksman like they did with the Jailbird. I was playing around with my old Jailbird today up against the Mini and the mini is just the right size.
  • dmeeksDCdmeeksDC ClubWRX Posts: 2,196 ClubWRX
    Dave52 wrote:

Jeriko wrote:

Yeah, I'd be really into a mini marksman like they did with the Jailbird. I was playing around with my old Jailbird today up against the Mini and the mini is just the right size.

IMO the Mini gets kind of overlooked in the Odyssey lineup. It is really a great putter. If they came out with it in an EXO face people would be all over it. I like how easy it is to aim.
    Ping G400 9 degrees, Ping Tour stiff shaft, 65 grams
    Callaway XHot2 Pro 5 wood, 17 degrees, Aldila Tour Blue stiff shaft
    Titleist 915F fairway, 21 degrees, Diamana Blue 70 stiff
    Srixon 565 4 iron, Nippon 980GH stiff shaft
    Adams CMB irons, 5-PW, KBS C Taper regular shafts (110g)
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50 degree, F grind, Dynamic Gold S200 shaft
    Callaway Mack Daddy 2 54-degree wedge, S grind, DG wedge shaft
    Ben Hogan TK wedge, 59 degree, KBS black wedge shaft
    TaylorMade TP Chaska putter, sliver, 34 inches
  • Need4spdNeed4spd Members Posts: 1,531 ✭✭
    To me the Marxman has a noticeably smaller footprint than the 2-Ball Fang. The difference isn’t substantial but it is noticeable.
    In the Hoofer

TaylorMade M4 9.5° Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Orange 60TX
    TaylorMade M2 15° Aldila ROGUE Silver 110 M.S.I. 70X
    TaylorMade RSi TP UDI #2 KBS TOUR Hybrid Prototype 95X
    Srixon Z965 4-PW Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400 
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50.08F, 54.10S, 60.12D Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
    Titleist Scotty Cameron Futura 6M 
    Titleist ProV1X 
    Need4spd wrote:
    To me the Marxman has a noticeably smaller footprint than the 2-Ball Fang. The difference isn’t substantial but it is noticeable.

The 2-ball fang works and marxman fang works are the exact same putter with different sight alignments. The new O works versions are slightly different. The O works 2ball looks just like the old fang. The O works marxman has different fang style head design and appears smaller.
  • tpup21tpup21 Members Posts: 8
    Dave52 wrote:

Jeriko wrote:

out of curiosity, is the Jailbird about the same size as TM Spider Tour? Was looking at the Spider-X today, loved the size but not willing to spend $349.
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / CincinnatiMembers Posts: 88 ✭✭
    What about the larger / original #7. The white hot or white ice insert. It is larger than the current #7.