Sun Mountain C130S Stand Bag

clemsontiger1 ·  
clemsontiger1clemsontiger1 Upstate, SCMembers  213WRX Points: 95Handicap: 11.6Posts: 213 Fairways
I am looking for a bag that is great for riding, but has the stand legs for when I go to the range. The best one I have found is the Sun Mountain C130S, but do not really like the color options. Does anyone have a C130s that can give me some pros and cons? Also, any other similar bags that you guys would recommend? I will list what I am looking for, roughly.
    <br />
  • 14 dividers<br />
  • Stand legs<br />
  • A pocket for a range finder<br />
  • I would prefer a bag that has a pass through for the cart strap, so I can get to all of the pockets.<br />
Posted:
Taylormade M3, 10.5
Callaway Epic Flash 14
Cobra Baffler set to 17.5 with the Red Tie shaft
Titleist 818 H1 with the Tensei Pro White 90 shaft
Taylormade P790 Irons (5-PW) with Project X shafts
Vokey SM7 (50 & 54) in F and S grind
Callaway PM grind 58
Odyssey O-Works #7

Comments

• noodle3872noodle3872 Chilliwack B.C. CanadaMembers  3258WRX Points: 590Handicap: 8.3Posts: 3,258 Titanium Tees
    I love my C130S. I’m boring, I got mine in black. Great bag just wish it had dual straps for when I play a few holes and decide to walk.
    Posted:

Callaway Mavrik 9° driver Tensei Pro White 50 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 15° fairway wood Tensei Pro Blue 60 S Flex

Callaway Mavrik 20° and 23° hybrids MMT 90 S Flex

Mizuno JPX 919 Forged 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120 S flex

Mizuno T20 Raw Wedges 50-07, 54-12, 58-08, 58-12 and 62-08 Modus3 125 Wedge

Odyssey Stroke Lab Ten S

Callaway Chrome Soft Triple Track

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • deadsolid...shankdeadsolid...shank ClubWRX  15176WRX Points: 1,236Posts: 15,176 ClubWRX
    noodle3872 wrote:
    <br />
    I love my C130S. I’m boring, I got mine in black. Great bag just wish it had dual straps for when I play a few holes and decide to walk.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    That was my main wish, that second strap. <br />
    <br />
    I had the first version which didn’t have a putter well which I would have liked a lot. I think they added that the second year. <br />
    <br />
    Really good bag. OP, if you can’t find one that you like colorwise, you look at a 5.5. Not much smaller (still amply big) and it does have the strap pass through.
    Posted:

• TwoheyTwohey SoCalMembers  491WRX Points: 114Posts: 491 Greens
    Been using the 2018 C130S for a few rounds.<br />
    <br />
    Overall, I like it and use it with the Rovic push cart. I got it mainly for the 14 full dividers, stand leg capability in a cart bag and top opening angle like stand bags (which works better for push carts). I would still prefer my old C130 for when I ride though. <br />
    <br />
    I like the extra large putter well but am not fond of the rest of slots for iron layout. The slots are not aligned evenly across side-to-side. Also the two bottom center slots are not as deep, so my wedges sit higher than the irons in the row above.<br />
    <br />
    The other bag I considered was the Bag Boy Hybrid Chiller. Actually like the pockets better on the BB, but it does not fit the Rovic...
    Posted:
  • IdahoHackerIdahoHacker Members  60WRX Points: 68Handicap: 9Posts: 60 Bunkers
    I have the Sun Mountain C130 Stand bag before the putter well was added. Love it for range, cart, push cart and I reached out to SM and they are selling me the dual strap so I can carry if needed. If I was to upgrade I would either do the 14 way 4.5 SM or the C130 Stand.
    Posted:
    Callaway Rogue  9 degree
    Callaway epic 3 wood
    Titleist H1 19
    Titleist H1 22
    Mizuno 900 Forged - PX LZ 6.0 (5-GW)
    Mizuno S18 Wedges (54 & 58)
    Ping Anser Putter
    Bridgestone XS
  • CwingCwing #TaylorMade TwistFace Experience 2018 Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,Members  8409WRX Points: 350Handicap: 12.1Posts: 8,409 Titanium Tees
    I have the previous version that eventually became the c130s. It’s the Sun Mountain Hybrid bag. It’s a great cart bag w/legs for use at the range.
    Posted:
    TaylorMade Kingdom M4 9.5* Red 5S stiff Atmos 44.5”
    TaylorMade M4 3HL 16.5* fairway stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 3 hybrid stiff Atmos
    TaylorMade M4 4 hybrid stiff Atmos
    PING G410 5-U w/DG 105s
    Callaway Apex CF19  5-A w/KBS $-Taper 120
    Cleveland RTX 54*
    Cleveland RTX 58*
    Seemore si5, si3 and Directed Force 2.0
    Garmin g6/Precision Pro Nx7 Pro slope
    http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/838786-cwings-witb-2013/
    https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1580770/recaps-the-taylormade-twistfaceexperience-7-golfwrx-members-visit-the-kingdom-for-an-exclusive-m3/p1
  • PopeofTexasPopeofTexas Members, Paid BST  70WRX Points: 24Posts: 70 Bunkers

On -, @Twohey said:

Been using the 2018 C130S for a few rounds.

Overall, I like it and use it with the Rovic push cart. I got it mainly for the 14 full dividers, stand leg capability in a cart bag and top opening angle like stand bags (which works better for push carts). I would still prefer my old C130 for when I ride though.

I like the extra large putter well but am not fond of the rest of slots for iron layout. The slots are not aligned evenly across side-to-side. Also the two bottom center slots are not as deep, so my wedges sit higher than the irons in the row above.

The other bag I considered was the Bag Boy Hybrid Chiller. Actually like the pockets better on the BB, but it does not fit the Rovic...

Bumping a year old thread but was just wondering the difference between the top opening angle on the C-130 vs C-130s. In the market for a new bag and I'm 60/40 push cart to riding cart. I noticed you said you liked the top opening angle on the C-130s better for push carts. Is that because it doesn't slope from back to front? Impossible to tell as I can't find pics of the top angle on the C-130s.

Posted:

Driver: Ping G400 Max 9*
    Hybrids: Callaway Rogue 17* & Callaway XR 19*
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 4-9i
    Wedges: Callaway Apex Pro 16 PW & AW
    Cleveland TA Reg. 588 54* SW
    Callaway MD4 58/10 S-Grind
    Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 Dual Balance
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
    Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1
    Ball: Bang for your $$. Currently playing Srixon Z-Star

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • TwoheyTwohey SoCalMembers  491WRX Points: 114Posts: 491 Greens

On -, @PopeofTexas said:

On -, @Twohey said:

Been using the 2018 C130S for a few rounds.

Overall, I like it and use it with the Rovic push cart. I got it mainly for the 14 full dividers, stand leg capability in a cart bag and top opening angle like stand bags (which works better for push carts). I would still prefer my old C130 for when I ride though.

I like the extra large putter well but am not fond of the rest of slots for iron layout. The slots are not aligned evenly across side-to-side. Also the two bottom center slots are not as deep, so my wedges sit higher than the irons in the row above.

Bumping a year old thread but was just wondering the difference between the top opening angle on the C-130 vs C-130s. In the market for a new bag and I'm 60/40 push cart to riding cart. I noticed you said you liked the top opening angle on the C-130s better for push carts. Is that because it doesn't slope from back to front? Impossible to tell as I can't find pics of the top angle on the C-130s.

Correct. When facing the front of the bag, the top of the C-130 will slope towards you. It's designed primarily as a riding cart bag.

The C-130S is the opposite. The top is sloped away from you, like most stand bags out there. That design works much better for me in a push cart since you can arrange the clubs like a carry bag (long clubs on top). I always had to reverse my club placement in the C-130 depending on whether I'm riding or pushing.

On a side note, I ended up returning the C-130S. It's a nice design, but all the pockets were a bit tight. Ended up with the Ogio Alpha Convoy RTC bag. It's a much better hybrid bag than the C-130S or BB Chiller IMO.

Posted:
  • PopeofTexasPopeofTexas Members, Paid BST  70WRX Points: 24Posts: 70 Bunkers

Great info. Appreciate the response. I’ll definitely look into that OGIO bag.

Posted:

Driver: Ping G400 Max 9*
    Hybrids: Callaway Rogue 17* & Callaway XR 19*
    Irons: Callaway Apex CF16 4-9i
    Wedges: Callaway Apex Pro 16 PW & AW
    Cleveland TA Reg. 588 54* SW
    Callaway MD4 58/10 S-Grind
    Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo 7 Dual Balance
    Bag: Sun Mountain C-130
    Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1
    Ball: Bang for your $$. Currently playing Srixon Z-Star

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.