Tined and Dressed Greens

Was heading off for a few holes but club website says greens have been tined and dressed. Practice range it is then.

Comments

• Lagavulin62Lagavulin62 Members Posts: 2,005 ✭✭
  • klebs01klebs01 Members Posts: 391 ✭✭
    I would think that means the used small 1/4” or less solid tines (puncture holes not plugs). With top dressing they should barely be noticeable. And shouldn’t impact play at all.
  • kozubskozubs Members Posts: 274 ✭✭
    elwhippy wrote:

Was heading off for a few holes but club website says greens have been tined and dressed. Practice range it is then.

Just a thought, wouldn't you still get a better practice if hitting the course. If you don't put then your just hitting shot to targets similar to the range but in game conditions?

The course may even be slow allowing you play more than 1 ball.

Now that write this, I remembered that I belong to a private club so it doesn't matter to me. If I had to pay a green fee then I'd probably be at the range as well. Never mind.
  • andrueandrue Members Posts: 1,157 ✭✭
    Depends on the course. I started a thread earlier this week about the problems I'm having. The aeration and sanding have compounded the effects of an unusually dry and hot summer. Even some of our club's better players are struggling, although our course sanding isn't as bad as most around here.
    Callaway Rogue Driver.
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Hybrids (3/4/5)
    Callaway Big Bertha OS Irons (6/7/8/9/PW/AW/SW)
    Callaway 60* Sureout wedge
    Callaway 64* Sureout wedge
    Ghost Spider Si 72 Putter
    Callaway Super Soft Yellow (White in winter).
  • MarkripMarkrip Boss fan 62 Members Posts: 1,598 ✭✭
    Winter is coming and opportunities to play are dwindling. I just want to play as much as possible until I can’t even if conditions aren’t quite perfect.
    Driver - Cobra F7
    3w- Adams Tight Speedline Super LS
    Hybrid - Cobra F8 19
    Irons- Adams XTD 4-PW
    Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54 , 58
    Putter- Tour Edge HP Series 01
  • zebra2955zebra2955 Members Posts: 560 ✭✭
    when the greens are plugged and sanded, we usually play 2 putt max . Funny how the ball gets a ridge of sand on it as it rolls through the stuff
    Cobra F7

Callaway Epic

Cobra F6 fairway woods

Cobra F6 hybrids, 3-4 and 4-5

Cobra F6 irons 6i -PW, GW

Harry Taylor 54* and 58* wedges

Odyssey "O" Works 2 ball, Super Stroke mid slim 2.0 grip

What ever ball Costco has LOL
  • FergusonFerguson Members Posts: 4,701 ✭✭
    Foiled again.

I thought this thread was about Eva Green and her twin sister Joy.
  • teejaywhyteejaywhy Official GolfWRX Curmudgeon Members Posts: 7,168 ✭✭
    kozubs wrote:

elwhippy wrote:

Just a thought, wouldn't you still get a better practice if hitting the course. If you don't put then your just hitting shot to targets similar to the range but in game conditions?

The course may even be slow allowing you play more than 1 ball.

Now that write this, I remembered that I belong to a private club so it doesn't matter to me. If I had to pay a green fee then I'd probably be at the range as well. Never mind.

Passive brag. Well done.

• Hawkeye77Hawkeye77 Countdown to The Masters! ClubWRX Posts: 17,714 ClubWRX
    Heading off to Minneapolis, wife's car needs gas, guess I'm going to have to fill it.