Golf Coaches near Raleigh, NC

Coy MCoy M OG BabyMembers Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
Any recommendations on instructors near Raleigh, NC?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• SheriffBoothSheriffBooth Marshals, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 4,441 mod
    Lonnie Poole GC at NC State has a great stable of young instructors at a variety of price points, depending on your needs and budget.
    Taylormade M6, 9.0*, Hzrdus Smoke 60 S
    Taylormade M5, 15*, Hzrdus Smoke 70 S
    Callaway Apex 3H, Kuro Kage S
    Taylormade P-790, 4-PW, Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Taylormade MG 50, 56, 60 Recoil 110 F4 +1"
    Cameron Futura 5.5M, 36"
  • Coy MCoy M OG Baby Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    Cameron Futura 5.5M, 36"
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    I would highly recommend Curtis Colvin (https://www.clubguygolf.com/home). He charges by the minute and is very efficient.

I took lessons at Lonnie Poole a couple of years ago. The pros there are cheaper than other courses in Raleigh, but I didn’t feel like anything was customized enough to my needs. Plus there is a lot of wasted time in a 45 minute lesson. Curtis will have some very specific feedback and ideas for whatever you need and you’ll likely only spend $15 per session.
  • BMCBMC Members Posts: 3,557 ✭✭
    Prestonwood Country Club has 9 PGA Pros on staff. Inside, hitting to outside, hitting bays and all the tech gear.

You do not have to be a member to get instruction there. They're very professional....and good guys. Most of them have been there for over ten years.

Yes, I work there, but not a pro.
    PING Rapture V1 Driver 9*
    Cobra Baffler Pro 18* & 23* hybrids
    Titleist 755 irons
    Vokey Wedges 46/54/58
    Odyssey #1WS
  • Coy MCoy M OG Baby Members Posts: 1,148 ✭✭
    I appreciate the responses!
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,213 ✭✭
    ewe8523 wrote:

I would highly recommend Curtis Colvin (https://www.clubguygolf.com/home). He charges by the minute and is very efficient.

I took lessons at Lonnie Poole a couple of years ago. The pros there are cheaper than other courses in Raleigh, but I didn't feel like anything was customized enough to my needs. Plus there is a lot of wasted time in a 45 minute lesson. Curtis will have some very specific feedback and ideas for whatever you need and you'll likely only spend $15 per session.

Curtis is a nice guy. I met him while he was moonlighting at Dick's at Crossroads many years ago. But, how is a club maker qualified to make swing changes? What does he shoot?
  • ewe8523ewe8523 Members Posts: 313 ✭✭
    Tanner25 wrote:

ewe8523 wrote:

I would highly recommend Curtis Colvin ([url="https://www.clubguygolf.com/home"]https://www.clubguygolf.com/home[/url]). He charges by the minute and is very efficient.

I took lessons at Lonnie Poole a couple of years ago. The pros there are cheaper than other courses in Raleigh, but I didn't feel like anything was customized enough to my needs. Plus there is a lot of wasted time in a 45 minute lesson. Curtis will have some very specific feedback and ideas for whatever you need and you'll likely only spend $15 per session.

Curtis is a nice guy. I met him while he was moonlighting at Dick's at Crossroads many years ago. But, how is a club maker qualified to make swing changes? What does he shoot?

I don’t know what he shoots and I honestly don’t think it’s relevant. Just speaking from experience, he has very quickly and easily fixed some issues with my swing that no one else has been able to, including PGA professionals. I also appreciate his pricing structure where I’m not paying for unnecessary time. His coaching may not be the best fit for everyone depending on their needs, but for me and several of my friends it has been the best fit.
    ewe8523 wrote:

Just as a counterpoint, I've taken lessons from Nick Dillman at Lonnie Poole and found him to be very practical and results oriented. My lessons were always focused on what I was trying to accomplish with my game, rather than trying to shoehorn me into a particular swing. If you're into Trackman analysis, that's also available both indoors and on the range.
    Cameron Futura 5.5M, 36"
  • Tanner25Tanner25 Members Posts: 6,213 ✭✭
    ewe8523 wrote:

Tanner25 wrote:

ewe8523 wrote:

I don't know what he shoots and I honestly don't think it's relevant. Just speaking from experience, he has very quickly and easily fixed some issues with my swing that no one else has been able to, including PGA professionals. I also appreciate his pricing structure where I'm not paying for unnecessary time. His coaching may not be the best fit for everyone depending on their needs, but for me and several of my friends it has been the best fit.

Good to know, thanks, for sharing your feedback.
  • PreppySlapCutPreppySlapCut This is just babytown frolics... Members Posts: 6,393 ✭✭
    RichieHunt wrote:

David Orr in Buies Creek/Pine Needles.

RH

Seconded.
    Ping G400 MAX 9* w/ Tour 65 (S)
    Ping G 14.5* & 19.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
    Ping G30 22* w/ Accra Kuchar Proto 85 (X)
    Ping i210 5-PW w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Ping Glide 2.0 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Aldila RIP 115 (S)
    Scotty Cameron Toolbox
  • i*windowsi*windows Members Posts: 2,159 ✭✭
    Herman Williams if he is still around, http://www.hermanwilliamsgolf.com/
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Just hit the **** ball.[/font]
    TM R1
    Adams Tight lies 2 5w
    Cleveland Mashie 5h
    Nike Covert Forged 2, 6-PW
    Lynx Prowler VT 5-PW
    Cleveland 588 Tour Action 51*
    MD Golf Seve Sedona 58*
    Odyssey O-Works Jailbird Mini.
  • psufishpsufish Members Posts: 204 ✭✭
    edited Jan 14, 2019 4:06pm #15
    Unfortunately David Orr doesn't do full swing anymore if you're looking for that (I asked him).... Amazing putting instruction though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file