Wilson Staff Infinite?

Chogme6Chogme6 Members Posts: 7
Anyone have any experience with these putters? I tried one out and it has a great feel to it. It was fairly priced too, I’m thinking about getting one

Comments

• propmanpropman Members Posts: 1,734 ✭✭
    Chogme6 wrote:

Anyone have any experience with these putters? I tried one out and it has a great feel to it. It was fairly priced too, I'm thinking about getting one

I have the south side version. Like it alot - produces a good roll with decent feel. Haven't used it in awhile because I got too many putters and I rotate alot. If interested in mine, pm me as I need to pare down my collection of putters.
    15 hcp
  • Sparky14Sparky14 Members Posts: 365 ✭✭
    I have two - Michigan Ave and Grant Park. Real happy with them both.
  • the bishopthe bishop Members Posts: 3,276 ✭✭
    I have one and if you have never gamed a counterbalanced putter there is a bit of an adjustment period. I first tried a counterbalanced putter several years ago and hated it so much I nearly chucked it into a water hazard during a tournament round. I decided to give them another try recently and bought the Bucktown model (a #7 style design) and committed myself to learning how to use it. The renewed dedication is paying off as I'm making more in the 6-10 ft range and my lag putting has improved significantly. They are moderately priced, good looking putters along the lines of the Cleveland putters IMO.
    Dynacraft Avatar Evolution  V2 High Launch - S
    TM M1 Tour Issue 14*  Maltby ProSeries Fwy- S
    Maltby KE-4 Tour 19*/23*  Kuro Kage Blk 80hy - S
    W/S Fi5 5-P  DGS300
    W/S FG Tour RAW 52/56/60  KBS Hi-Rev 2.0
    Scotty Newport Pro Platinum
  • MaineMarinerMaineMariner Members Posts: 356 ✭✭
    I've got the Michigan Avenue. I bought it for $35 shipped from Budget Golf when they were closing out the stock on the older version, which is identical to the newer one with the exception of a couple design things.

Anyways, it's a fantastic putter for the price, no doubt. Feels solid and I love the subtle counterbalancing. It's actually one of my favorite putter grips - I wish I could buy it on its own. It's not too soft and provides a nice amount of feedback.

The Michigan Avenue one is pretty unique in that it's a 1W-style stretched back blade with quite a bit of toe hang (almost as much as an Oddysey No. 9). It's such an easy putter to swing. I'm playing around with like 10 putters this winter but the Michigan Avenue might end up beating out the rest of the competition.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion Heavy driver, Aldila Rogue M-AX 75
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 3 Wood, Aldila Tour Blue 85
    Srixon Z H45 3 hybrid
    Srixon Z H45 4 hybrid
    Srixon Z 565 irons, 5 - AW, Nippon Modus 3 Tour 120
    Callaway MD3 Milled S Grind 54 deg.
    Callaway Mac Daddy PM Grind 58 deg.
    Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide, Rosemark 7Teen grip
  • deepreddeepred Members Posts: 223 ✭✭
    I think these putters are an example of real value, there are few if any that provide this level of quality and features for the dollar. I rotate my Grant Park with an old Zebra I can’t seem to give up. I am seriously considering the Bucktown because I really like that style of putter. Can’t recommend them enough.
    Wilson Staff M3 4-GW
    Cleveland Classic XL Driver
    Wilson Fybrid 15*
    KE4 5 wood
    Maltby SW54, black
    Snake Eyes SW
    Ram Watson Troon Grind 58
    Ram Zebra deep face, black