Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Scotty Cameron Squareback 1 LH?

greenj20greenj20 Detroit, MIMembers Posts: 64 ✭✭
Does anyone know if this was ever actually made? Ready to pull the trigger on a used one from a private seller but can’t find any other examples of a lefty squarebacks. Pretty sure they have not made them in the past few years but may have further back. Thanks.
Driver: Cobra King F7
3Wood: Taylormade M2 (2017) HL
Hybrids: F8 One Length 5H, Ping G25 23*, 20*
Irons: FMAX One Length PW-6
Wedges: FMAX One Length GW, SW
Putter: SC Newport 2 Custom -or- O works #7 Black
Bag: Sun Mountain Phantom Cart
Ball: Pro V1 Yellow, Vice Pro+ Lime

Comments

• DrJACOBDrJACOB Members Posts: 175 ✭✭✭
    2014 and 2015 had a Lefty Squareback available in the Select Line per the putter archive on the SC website. Scotty Cameron doesn't offer much to us lefty's beside the Newport OTR but this was an exception.
    TM M1 10.5 with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 8X
    Ping Stretch 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD DI 7X
    Titlesit 910H 19*
    Miura Bades 4-PW
    Miura Wedges 51,55,59
    Callaway PM 64
    BB2 or at least one of my 8802 style putters
  • greenj20greenj20 Detroit, MIMembers Posts: 64 ✭✭
    Thanks!
    Driver: Cobra King F7
    3Wood: Taylormade M2 (2017) HL
    Hybrids: F8 One Length 5H, Ping G25 23*, 20*
    Irons: FMAX One Length PW-6
    Wedges: FMAX One Length GW, SW
    Putter: SC Newport 2 Custom -or- O works #7 Black
    Bag: Sun Mountain Phantom Cart
    Ball: Pro V1 Yellow, Vice Pro+ Lime
  • stickfishstickfish Members Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    greenj20 wrote:

Does anyone know if this was ever actually made? Ready to pull the trigger on a used one from a private seller but can’t find any other examples of a lefty squarebacks. Pretty sure they have not made them in the past few years but may have further back. Thanks.

Most assuredly they did as I held one in my hand wishing I was a lefty for the price it was offered.
  • raysilva3raysilva3 Members Posts: 4
    stickfish wrote:

greenj20 wrote:

Most assuredly they did as I held one in my hand wishing I was a lefty for the price it was offered.

What price were they offering? There’s always great deals out there for us lefties
  • stickfishstickfish Members Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    raysilva3 wrote:

stickfish wrote:

greenj20 wrote:

What price were they offering? There’s always great deals out there for us lefties

$100 with a non-brand head cover, putter head, shaft band and grip were all pristine. It sat at a local golf store for more than a few months before it was snagged. Every time I went there I picked it up and wondered if I could switch sides.

<><
  • MattM97MattM97 Members Posts: 560 ✭✭✭✭✭
    raysilva3 wrote:

stickfish wrote:

greenj20 wrote:

Or in a lot of cases the prices are jacked up because 'there are not many of these out there' as in the case for certain items.
    WITB - Lefty
    Driver: Ping G410 Plus - 9° Draw - Tour 65S Shaft
    Fariway: Cobra F7 - 15.5° Draw - Tensei Blue 65S Shaft
    Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 - 20° Draw - Diamana S+ 70R Shaft
    Irons: Srixon Z585 - 4i to 7i - Z785 - 8i to PW - AMT Tour White S300 Shaft
    Wedges: Callaway MD3 51° - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 56° - Ping Glide 60°
    Putter Rotation: Edel E-3 - Argolf Avalon - Toulon Sand Diego - Byron Morgan DH89 - and many more.
    Balls: Vice Pro+ - Srixon Z-Star XV
    Bag: Ping Pioneer
  • johnw29johnw29 Members Posts: 53 ✭✭
    Yes, they did make it in a left handed model. I bought one in late 2008/early 2009 and paid $260.00 for it. I got rid of it and that was a big mistake - wish I still had it.
  • jeffrey rjeffrey r Members Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    johnw29 wrote:

Yes, they did make it in a left handed model. I bought one in late 2008/early 2009 and paid $260.00 for it. I got rid of it and that was a big mistake - wish I still had it.

I have a LH Squareback 1 in my stable of putters. Bought, sold and re-bought a number of times, but concluded with keeping one. Great putter, and I'd love for it to have a flow neck.
    Callaway Big Bertha Fusion 13.5* Driver, Aldila Quaranta 50 R
    Ping G400 3 Wood and SFT 5 Wood, Alta CB 65 S
    Ping G400 4 and 5 Hybrids, Alta CB 70 S
    Ping G400 Irons 6-UW, AWT 2.0 S
    Mizuno S18 SW (55/9) and LW (59/9), DG Wedge
    Scotty Cameron 009-M Putter

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file