Looking for a driver ...18 handicap ..almost senor

Good day ..looking for a new driver I’m a 18 handicap 60 years old ..in good shape ..drive a little over 200 years ...been using a ping 12 degrees..gotta hit longer

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free. Members Posts: 2,229 ✭✭

This is not the right place for that... but go get fit. Plenty of great options! Ping 410 might be your friend

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• pitbull25pitbull25 Members Posts: 4

Check out Longballz Driver. www.tiworksgolf.com

• DavidvDavidv Members Posts: 754 ✭✭
  • SteelheadSteelhead Tampa, FloridaClubWRX Posts: 856 ✭✭
    edited Jun 22, 2019 2:08pm #5

62 yrs old here. Coming off of knee surgery last year and noticed a big drop in carry (-10/20yds) I’ve been bagging Ping G400 max >Epic Flash and been stuck in the 200/220 carry range. I switched to XXIO X and carry 220+ with totals being 230+ on nearly every swing. Freakish consistency. I ordered the Prime driver now with the stiff/reg shaft. I now look forward to the last 5 holes of golf now. Easy to swing. Great consistency. It does not deliver the occasional 250+ drive of the Epic but is simply point and shoot now. Sucks getting older. I miss the days of my 510TP/757 Speeder but oh well. Yes , it’s expensive but it’s not just a light driver. It’s an integrated stick that I feel works well for those of us in this stage of our golf story.

• puttitinputtitin Cote d'Azur , FRANCEMembers Posts: 1,384 ✭✭

You're absolutely right. The XXIO head and shaft combination is unique. I've tried the same head in heavier shafts and the results were just average...

Driver : WISHON 919 THI + XXIO 9
    Woods :  TM M2 3W + 5W
    Hybrids : TM M2 RESCUE 22° + 25°
    Irons : JPX-800-HD  + TM R7 XD + PING RAPTURE V2 (Wishon 771 CSI for sale)
    Wedges : MIZUNO JPX 825 50-10 CLEVELAND CBX 56-12
    Putter : ODYSSEY WHITE HOT  RX  #2
  • HackerD  HackerD Student of the game Members Posts: 3,174 ✭✭

XXIO price...gulp.

Ping G30 12°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3-4H
    Mizuno JPX-850 5-GW
    Vokey SM 54.14
    Cally MD PM 58.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • SteelheadSteelhead Tampa, FloridaClubWRX Posts: 856 ✭✭

@puttitin said:
    You're absolutely right. The XXIO head and shaft combination is unique. I've tried the same head in heavier shafts and the results were just average...

Wife just won her 4th best ball tournament in a row. Her scores are just plummeting with the 20 yards she’s added of the tee and the 20 added by using a XXIO X men’s regular flex 3h. XXIO works for us. Game changer for her. Easier and better golf for me.