Looking for a driver ...18 handicap ..almost senor

williampenza ·  
williampenzawilliampenza  2WRX Points: 12Members Posts: 2

Good day ..looking for a new driver I’m a 18 handicap 60 years old ..in good shape ..drive a little over 200 years ...been using a ping 12 degrees..gotta hit longer

Posted:

Comments

• MyherobobhopeMyherobobhope hey there, blimpy boy. Flying through the sky so fancy free.  2482WRX Points: 435Members Posts: 2,482

This is not the right place for that... but go get fit. Plenty of great options! Ping 410 might be your friend

Posted:

Current Bag (Rebuilding as of 5/6/19)
    Driver: Adams Fast 12 LS with Matrix Black Tie (to be replaced)
    3W: Adams Fast 12 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    Hybrid: Bridgestone j40 with Excalibur (to be replaced)
    4-9: Taylor Made Oversize (to be replaced)
    PW: Mizuon HMP with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    50 degree Vokey with DG120 Stiff (5/6)
    56 and 60 degree Cleveland Wedges (to be replaced)
    Odyssey Tank #7 (only club I'm keeping this season)

• GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • pitbull25pitbull25  4WRX Points: 17Members Posts: 4

Check out Longballz Driver. www.tiworksgolf.com

Posted:
  • DavidvDavidv  925WRX Points: 180Members Posts: 925

Wilson D7.

Posted:
  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 923WRX Points: 194ClubWRX Posts: 923

62 yrs old here. Coming off of knee surgery last year and noticed a big drop in carry (-10/20yds) I’ve been bagging Ping G400 max >Epic Flash and been stuck in the 200/220 carry range. I switched to XXIO X and carry 220+ with totals being 230+ on nearly every swing. Freakish consistency. I ordered the Prime driver now with the stiff/reg shaft. I now look forward to the last 5 holes of golf now. Easy to swing. Great consistency. It does not deliver the occasional 250+ drive of the Epic but is simply point and shoot now. Sucks getting older. I miss the days of my 510TP/757 Speeder but oh well. Yes , it’s expensive but it’s not just a light driver. It’s an integrated stick that I feel works well for those of us in this stage of our golf story.

Posted:
  • puttitinputtitin Cote d'Azur , FRANCE 1388WRX Points: 111Handicap: 12.8Members Posts: 1,388

You're absolutely right. The XXIO head and shaft combination is unique. I've tried the same head in heavier shafts and the results were just average...

Posted:
    Driver : WISHON 919 THI + XXIO 9
    Woods :  TM M2 3W + 5W
    Hybrids : XXIO 9 - 21° + 25°
    Irons : JPX-800-HD + PING RAPTURE V2 (Wishon 771 CSI for sale)
    Wedges : CLEVELAND CBX 50-11 + 56-12
    Putter : ODYSSEY WHITE HOT  RX  #2
  • HackerD  HackerD Student of the game  3213WRX Points: 185Members Posts: 3,213

XXIO price...gulp.

Posted:
    Ping G30 12°
    Adams Tight Lies Ti 3w
    Cally X2 Hot 3-4H
    Mizuno JPX-850 5-GW
    Vokey SM 54.14
    Cally MD PM 58.10
    SC Studio Select Newport 2
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • SteelheadSteelhead Orlando, Florida 923WRX Points: 194ClubWRX Posts: 923

On -, @puttitin said:

You're absolutely right. The XXIO head and shaft combination is unique. I've tried the same head in heavier shafts and the results were just average...

Wife just won her 4th best ball tournament in a row. Her scores are just plummeting with the 20 yards she’s added of the tee and the 20 added by using a XXIO X men’s regular flex 3h. XXIO works for us. Game changer for her. Easier and better golf for me.

Posted:
  • mtngerry59mtngerry59  75WRX Points: 30Handicap: 4Members Posts: 75

B EST device,, get fit ,with someone using a track man, you’ll see some great info too!

Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.