Which Ardmore 3 is this?

I bid and bought this Ardmore 3 putter on eBay. By this picture, it looks to me like a slant neck Ardmore 3. I was sent a L-neck. No picture shows the neck other than this. Am I looking at this picture wrong? I'm just trying to figure out if this was my mistake or theirs.

Titleist 913D3 9.5 - Speeder 757
Titleist 913FD 15 - Whiteboard
Titleist 913H 19 - Whiteboard
Titleist 714CB 4-PW - DG S300
SM6 51*/55*/59* - DG Wedge
SC Newport 2
TM TPX

Comments

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did you reach out and ask the seller? Maybe they had more than one listed and sent the wrong one.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• thatguyhilemanthatguyhileman Members Posts: 53 ✭✭

I did. They said they sent the one pictured, but they have tons of them listed. But from this picture, this looks like a slant neck to me. I’m just looking to see what others see in this pic as I may be wrong. Thanks!

SC Newport 2
    TM TPX
  • Krt22Krt22 East BayMembers Posts: 7,403 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

That looks like a slant neck to me. The black slant neck was released later, but they should clarify in the auction which neck it has

• GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,782 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

@thatguyhileman said:
    I did. They said they sent the one pictured, but they have tons of them listed. But from this picture, this looks like a slant neck to me. I’m just looking to see what others see in this pic as I may be wrong. Thanks!

I do agree, I’m 99% certain that’s a slant neck.

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8° | HC Evenflow Black 65 (thoughts arrive like butterflies)
    3wd: TaylorMade M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Fujikura Speeder 8.8
    Driving Iron: Callaway X Forged UT 21° | AD DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-PW | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey 48° F (handground S), 54° M, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putters: Byron Morgan DH 89
    MannKrafted MA66
    Cameron AOP Oil Can Newport
    Tad Moore 1S Prototype

• xxioxxio Members Posts: 5,726 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Send them a picture taken from the same angle to show the difference.

• Damenace613Damenace613 Sunny San DiegoClubWRX Posts: 636 ClubWRX

@thatguyhileman said:

You can zoom into see most of the serial number also which you can compare to what you have (near the bottom toe of the putter).

TaylorMade M5 Fujikura Ventus Blue
    TaylorMade M1 2017 3HL
    Cobra F6 Baffler
    TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 4-PW Modus3 Tour 120
    TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
    Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
    TaylorMade MySpider X (Black/Gold)

Let me clarify, they use the same photos for multiple listings. So I can't really verify the serial number. However, from everything I can find the slant neck came with 7.5g weights as pictured and the L neck came with 10g weights, like I received. Unless TM uses different weights for different lengths like Cameron (I can't find any evidence they do), the picture is definitely a slant neck. Thanks all for your responses.

SC Newport 2
    TM TPX
  • indianalawnguyindianalawnguy Members Posts: 481 ✭✭✭✭

I was searching for a slant neckband stumbled accross this exact listing. Sure does look like a slant neck, but cant quite tell? I would think they would take it back as long as you pay to ship it back? Slants are def harder to find.

Oh yeah, they take returns if buyer pays shipping. But I don’t feel that applies if they sent something other than pictured/advertised. That’s why I’m trying to determine for sure what’s in the picture. If it’s my mistake and the picture is indeed a L neck, then it’s my problem to decide to eat the shipping and return it. If it’s a slant neck pictured, then I feel like it’s on them to pay return shipping and refund me fully. Maybe I’m wrong there, but I don’t feel I should incur any cost if the advertisement doesn’t match the product sent.

SC Newport 2
    TM TPX
  • brew4eaglebrew4eagle VAMembers Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Was that the only picture? Any info in the description or title as to which neck it was supposed to be?

PING i20 10.5*
    Adams a7 19*
    PING G25 23*
    Nike VR Forged Pro Combo 5-P
    Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 58M
    Odyssey White Hot #1
  • richie24richie24 Havre de Grace, MarylandMembers Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Send it back , then open up a case with eBay in reference to the shipping. I did the same thing (not with this particular item) and eBay decided in my favor and credited me the shipping charge.

• 1t2golf1t2golf Marshals Posts: 3,319 mod

@thatguyhileman said:
    Oh yeah, they take returns if buyer pays shipping. But I don’t feel that applies if they sent something other than pictured/advertised. That’s why I’m trying to determine for sure what’s in the picture. If it’s my mistake and the picture is indeed a L neck, then it’s my problem to decide to eat the shipping and return it. If it’s a slant neck pictured, then I feel like it’s on them to pay return shipping and refund me fully. Maybe I’m wrong there, but I don’t feel I should incur any cost if the advertisement doesn’t match the product sent.

Paypal offers free return shipping if you've signed up for it.

Sic omnia fatis In peius ruere ac retro sublapsa referri...semper ubi sub ubi

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file