Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

Watching Satellites Fly By

BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

In my previous life I was an aerospace engineer. I'm still a geek. Helped build a few satellite structures and always had an interest in space since the day I was 2 and my dad said, "Listen to this on the radio" when we were running errands in the truck. It was the first moon landing. Anyway, I always enjoyed being out in the mountains camping, looking up at the really bright stars and seeing all kinds of cool stuff - milky way, planets, asteroids. This link takes you to a very cool site I recently started using to watch satellites go by. Around dinner time I'll check it and announce to the fam when one will come over before bedtime and the kids and I go out in the back yard on schedule and watch one pass over. The kids like it. The other morning I walked out in my street before getting in my pickup to go to work and got a great view of the ISS just before sun-up. So, enjoy...

https://in-the-sky.org/location.php

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
Ping G400 5-wood
Taylormade Spider blade
Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

Comments

• scoteescotee Members Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭

Cool! Thanks for the link.

Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am
  • Jose c.Jose c. Members Posts: 231 ✭✭✭

so cool seeing the ISS. was over the neighbors one night for a fire. around 10 of us,I knew the ISS was flying over @11pm. nobody believed me but right on time low on the horizon there it was.

• Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members Posts: 2,417 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Did the same thing with my daughter, she is now in college, but she still loves space and and volunteers at the local observatory when she is home. It was really cool seeing the ISS pass over...

• BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jose c. said:
    so cool seeing the ISS. was over the neighbors one night for a fire. around 10 of us,I knew the ISS was flying over @11pm. nobody believed me but right on time low on the horizon there it was.

Yeah, sometimes I'll text a couple of the neighbors with "Hey, the (whatever satellite) is passing over in 10 minutes." They'll get their kids and meet us out in the court.

Ping G400 Max, 8-degrees, tour stiff
    Mizuno JPX900 Forged irons
    Ping G400 5-wood
    Taylormade Spider blade
    Srixon Z Star

Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

• nichhonichho Members Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Great site thanks

Callaway Rogue UST Recoil 
    Srixon Z H65 2h Myazaki Kaula
    Srixon Z H65 3h Myazaki Kaula
    Mizuno MP4 4-PW TTDG