GIVEAWAY: Vokey SM8 52* Wedge - ENTER HERE.

Watching Satellites Fly By

BeerPerHole ·  
BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1648WRX Points: 496Posts: 1,648 Platinum Tees

In my previous life I was an aerospace engineer. I'm still a geek. Helped build a few satellite structures and always had an interest in space since the day I was 2 and my dad said, "Listen to this on the radio" when we were running errands in the truck. It was the first moon landing. Anyway, I always enjoyed being out in the mountains camping, looking up at the really bright stars and seeing all kinds of cool stuff - milky way, planets, asteroids. This link takes you to a very cool site I recently started using to watch satellites go by. Around dinner time I'll check it and announce to the fam when one will come over before bedtime and the kids and I go out in the back yard on schedule and watch one pass over. The kids like it. The other morning I walked out in my street before getting in my pickup to go to work and got a great view of the ISS just before sun-up. So, enjoy...

https://in-the-sky.org/location.php

Posted:
Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
Ping Anser G Putter
Ping G400 5-Wood
Snell MTB-X
Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA

Comments

• scoteescotee Members  3608WRX Points: 1,896Posts: 3,608 Titanium Tees

Cool! Thanks for the link.

Posted:
    Turn the mass

OGA member #15

Lord help me to be the person my dog thinks I am
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • Jose c.Jose c. Members  302WRX Points: 112Handicap: 15Posts: 302 Greens

so cool seeing the ISS. was over the neighbors one night for a fire. around 10 of us,I knew the ISS was flying over

On -, @11pm. nobody believed me but right on time low on the horizon there it was.
    Posted:
  • Mr. GrumpyMr. Grumpy The Quintana Changeup, sit em dwn Members  2779WRX Points: 467Posts: 2,779 Titanium Tees

Did the same thing with my daughter, she is now in college, but she still loves space and and volunteers at the local observatory when she is home. It was really cool seeing the ISS pass over...

Posted:
  • BeerPerHoleBeerPerHole Members  1648WRX Points: 496Posts: 1,648 Platinum Tees

On -, @Jose c. said:

so cool seeing the ISS. was over the neighbors one night for a fire. around 10 of us,I knew the ISS was flying over
    On -, @11pm. nobody believed me but right on time low on the horizon there it was.

Yeah, sometimes I'll text a couple of the neighbors with "Hey, the (whatever satellite) is passing over in 10 minutes." They'll get their kids and meet us out in the court.

Posted:
    Ping GMax 400, Tour Stiff, 8*
    Mizuno Forged JPX 900 Irons
    A Couple of Ping Glide Wedges
    Ping Anser G Putter
    Ping G400 5-Wood
    Snell MTB-X
    Knee Deep Breaking Bud IPA
  • nichhonichho Members  2067WRX Points: 285Posts: 2,067 Platinum Tees

Great site thanks

Posted:
    Callaway Epic Speeder
    TM GAPR 19* KBS
    TM GAPR 22* KBS
    Titleist 718 AP3 4-PW TT AMT Black
    Mizuno S18 50 TTDG
    Mizuno S18 56* TTDG
    Vokey SM6 60 TTDG
    Scotty Cameron Futura 5Xr

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.