2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Empire Golf USA on EBAY

BuckyBadger

Do they sell counterfeit clubs?
I recently purchased a R9 driver from these guys for $330. It was an auction where they had 8 clubs for sale. I hit the bid button before reading their policies closely. They won't refund money because they say all their clubs are authentic? They get them from authorized dealers at volume discount. They only list their address as NJ, USA. Now I wonder if I made a mistake and I'm going to get a counterfeit club.

I tried emailing Taylormade about them and haven't heard back. I also tried their anti-counterfeiting page and it won't load. I read something on this site about someone getting counterfeit TM irons from Empire but not drivers.

Anyone ever deal with Empire Golf USA on ebay?

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I kind of figured it might not be legit after doing some more research on them. They have close to 10,000 feedbacks with 99.7% positive but something seems fishy. They do sell an awful lot of drivers and callaway irons on their site. You would think their would be some more information on the net from someone who got ripped off, but I didn't find any. The new Taylormade website is awful BTW and they don't return emails.

I guess I'll wait until my club arrives on Thursday and take it to my golf store, about 30 minutes away, to check it out.

Damn me and my impulse buying! I didn't even need a new driver but this site has turned me into a club ho! :russian_roulette:

[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]10.5* PING G30 Tour 65S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]15* TM RBZ Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]18.5* TM RBZ Tour Matrix Ozik 7S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]21.5* Bio Cell Hybrid[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]5-AW Srixon z545 C-Taper Lite S[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]PING Glide 54*SS, 58*TS[/color][/size][/font]
[font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif][size=3][color=#FF0000]Taylormade DLL+ 36"[/color][/size][/font]

Pretty sure there was a post about them selling fakes on here. Do a search and see what you come up with. I think joesgonegolfing mentioned it though.

I sourced a fake set from Empire with a guy trying to sell me a set of RAC MB's he had bought from them and used once. I am pretty sure they sent him back his money, I started a thread on this awhile back.

Joe

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 Stiff
Wood: Ping G425 5 & 7 Wood  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff

Hybrid: Ping 425 4i Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 54 and 58 Wilson Tour Forged 56 and 60
Putter: LAB Directed Force 2.1 (33-69)//Seemore Custom "The Big Fluffy"
Bag: Vessel Player III

I may be wrong, but I think Empire golf was a store that was in Secacus that recently closed. They were selling items while they had lease issues last year before they closed this past year. But I could be wrong.

Drew

if you're right, I doubt they'd still be ordering and selling brand new clubs that just hit the streets in the last week

unfortunately I think our guy may have a fake

I don't know whether the club you bought is counterfeit or authentic but I find it hilarious that Empire Golf guarantees that its products are 100% authentic backed by this statement: "We will not even offer refund if item is not authentic since there is absolutely no chance it is fake." Not exactly confidence inspiring.

I wouldn't buy from that seller.

wouldn't an r9 be a pain in the butt to fake even though it's probably the hottest thing right now

Ping G425 Max 9*

Ping G425 Max 14.5*

Ping G425 17* & 19*

Titleist T100 4-6

Titleist 620MB 7-PW

Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* & 58*

Odyssey White Hot OG 7s

Sun Mountain Mid Stripe

Got my driver. I didn't really look it over too well. It came in a plastic Taylormade bag and had all the stickers and serial number. I went to a shop in Madison and let them look at it. If it's a counterfeit then it's a pretty good one. If you look at Empire's site they sell R9's anywhere from $330.00 to $430.00 dollars so either the R9's are real or else they don't want to draw attention to themselves by selling cheap.

The shop is still looking it over.............to be continued.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's an update. The shop I took it to looked it over and must of thought it was ok. I said I wanted to trade my R9 for a R9TP. They let me do it and now I got my R9TP with a stiff F1 motore shaft. I don't know if they ever sent it to Taylormade to have it looked at or not, so it could still be a fake. But, then again, maybe it is legit. I just felt better getting the TP version.

I would not buy from Empire golf again though. Just my 02 cents.

• 1 year later...

[quote name='drewcatc' timestamp='1236956329' post='1551352']
I may be wrong, but I think Empire golf was a store that was in Secacus that recently closed. They were selling items while they had lease issues last year before they closed this past year. But I could be wrong.

Drew
[/quote]

Enterprise Golf used to be in Secacus, owned by Joe Finzio. I doubt these are the same people.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1239504185' post='1622571']
Here's an update. The shop I took it to looked it over and must of thought it was ok. I said I wanted to trade my R9 for a R9TP. They let me do it and now I got my R9TP with a stiff F1 motore shaft. I don't know if they ever sent it to Taylormade to have it looked at or not, so it could still be a fake. But, then again, maybe it is legit. I just felt better getting the TP version.

[/quote]

If you had any doubts it was a fake, why would you trade it in and better yet why did they take it? If I were you I would have called Taylor Made to run the serial number and make sure before sticking someone with a fake club.

just my .02

[quote name='Slapjax7s ' timestamp='1293066012' post='2854889']
If you had any doubts it was a fake, why would you trade it in and better yet why did they take it? If I were you I would have called Taylor Made to run the serial number and make sure before sticking someone with a fake club.

just my .02
[/quote]

TaylorMade won't check serial #'s for you anymore. Maybe if he had the shop call if they had an account but you can't just call them up and have them do that anymore.

[quote name='BuckyBadger' timestamp='1239504185' post='1622571']

[/quote]

just my .02
[/quote]

Geez, nice of you to flame me on a post that's over 18 months old. I told the shop where I got the club and they are better experts than me in determining if it's fake. It's also a shop I go to all the time so it wasn't like I tried to pawn it off on someone or sell it on eBay. I wasn't trying to pull something over on them and I had to pay $100 bucks to upgrade to a TP.

The shop looked at it and thought it was real. What more could I do? Thanks for your two cents tho.

[quote name='Pudgelewis' timestamp='1293066882' post='2854912']

just my .02
[/quote]

TaylorMade won't check serial #'s for you anymore. Maybe if he had the shop call if they had an account but you can't just call them up and have them do that anymore.
[/quote]

absolutely correct - just tried it the other day and they will not verify serial no's anymore...said the counterfeiters can just go into store and copy current serial no's.

All Ping...tastefully done!
Ping G430 Max

Ping G430 Max 3w

Ping G425 3 Hybrid

Ping icrossover 3i
Ping G425 5-SW
Ping Glide 4.0 58*
Ping Sigma G Tyne H
Ping Hoofer Tour or Craz-e-Lite Stand Bag
Chrome Soft Truvis Stars & Stripes

For what it is worth, Empire Golf don't sell fakes. I've bought many things off them and they are as good a seller as any. No one in this thread even built a case as to why, except they don't do returns ?

Not flaming at all :) but there are so many threads with is this fake, is that fake. Have a look at their feedback folks before asking the questions, if you can't decide from that then you shouldn't be shopping on ebay.

• 4 weeks later...

Wanted to bump an old thread because I just received my set of Taylormade Burner 2.0 golf irons from Empire Golf USA. I immediately took the irons to a retailer here in Canada, and the clubs were verified authentic. There were no signs of a fake club before I took it to the retailer either, everything looked perfect. Shipping was quick (under a week) and he/she marked it as a gift. Customs and fees were just above $50.00.

[quote name='kwijyboy' timestamp='1295638348' post='2913154']
Just wondering how the guys at the store feel about you demo-ing clubs there, buying online, and then running to them to see if you got a real club.
[/quote]

Well, I'm a perfect example of what you just stated. I try stuff at Golf town and I purchase stuff often on the net. I even bring the goods back to the store to have the shafts cut, bent, re-gripped, etc. Most of the time, the store doesn't charge me for these mods...

The one thing that keeps a smile on their face is that I purchase a ton of gear during the year at their store (they always give me good discounts). During 2010, I purchased over $4K of equipment and accessories (G10 set, G15 set, Rhapsody set, Supertri TP, Superdeep TP, Superfast lady, a bunch of hybrids, bags...). So when I get a good deal on the net, I am not ashamed to ask them for their opinion on authenticity or have some mods done on the equipment.

Also, during the holiday season , I purchase nice wine bottles to the club fitter, store general manager and equipment manager (people that I deal with).

I guess my point is that you can get away with asking a local store to check/do a few things on stuff purchased outside. As long as you keep a good relationship and you help them staying in business by purchasing a good amount of equipment at the store, people will be more than glad to service you with a smile.

As for Empire Golf USA, I purchased 2 Odyssey black putters from them. I have my local store double check with Callaway and they confirmed that the 2 putters were authentic. The store even cut the shaft by an inch free of charge...

Cheers

<BR style="mso-special-character: line-break"><BR style="mso-special-character: line-break">