Callaway FT-iZ

G.ReviewG.Review Members Posts: 533 ✭✭
What do you think?

Comments

• hartman33hartman33 Members Posts: 209
    edited Jun 16, 2011 #2
    I have the 5 and 6 hybrid. Fantastic clubs. Easy to hit. Highly recommend. Ive hit the green 8-10 times so far with this club from 150 to 165 yards/ The other 2 were just off the green. Love em. Easy 5 star stick.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • I_HATE_SNOWI_HATE_SNOW Members Posts: 3,270 ✭✭
    I have a 2 and 3, seem to be easy to hit but hard not to hook. Trying a 910H set as flat as possible now. The 2 is very long!
  • Evil R1Evil R1 Members Posts: 1,361
    This is a very nice club and is the first hybrid that I have owned that I have had consistent success with. Over the years I have gone through may different hybrids, including Adams Idea Pro's, Titleist Hybrids (585h and 909), Callaway Hybrids (Heavenwoods and Fusion). While I had some level of success with each of these, they never made it to the point of being a goto club.

The FT-iZ is very easy to hit, producing a high slight draw that lands very soft, just what I was looking for in a hybrid. The distance of this club is very good, but better than the distance is the consistency of that distance. I was afraid that the slight offset of the hybrid would turn this into a hook machine, but that has not been the case.

My 2 complaints about the club is that it looks a little to fairway woodish vs hybrid (Adams / Titleist) and I do not think the wide sole is as affective out of the deep rough as the Adams was. In the very deep rough the club has a tendency to get caught up on the grass.

Getting past those 2 items, it's a fantastic club.
  • DMR2112DMR2112 DMR2112 ClubWRX Posts: 313 ✭✭
    I had picked up a 21 degrre model of this club last fall from GG while in a 'tinkering" mode with my long game and searching for Hybrids with a better ball flight than my Adams A7 19 and 22. This club surprised the **** out of me. Was easy to hit, got up very nicely and carried quite a bit further than the Adams did, I was a bit nervous of the stock stiff Callaway shaft as it was much lighter than I was accustomed to, but the feel was tremendous. The slight off-set also had me a bit worried because i am a predominantly right to left player but no such issues at all. Much better than anticipated!!!! I liked it so much, that I just got an 18 degree to go with it.

This is a very underrated Hybrid in my opinion. This is a great club for the novice to better plater and can be had at a great price right now. 2 thumbs up for me!!

DR
    XR16 pro Kiyoshi White 60S
    XR16 pro 16 Speeder 765s
    Cleveland Launcher 21 Rifle 6.0
    <br />2013 X Forged PXi 6.0 4-pw<br />MD chrome 50, MD Chrome 54, MD2 Slate 58<br />Versa BWB #1 W 34"
  • ABgolfer2ABgolfer2 Members Posts: 2,704
    dirtyboy wrote:

I have a 2 and 3, seem to be easy to hit but hard not to hook. Trying a 910H set as flat as possible now. The 2 is very long!

I found the same thing when using them with stock Voodoo (poopoo) shaft. After switching the 18 degree to a DG S/L (stiff like S300 but a smidgen lighter) it feels more like the 2-iron it replaced and it's money. I have so much more confidence on long approaches and off the tee. I haven't replaced the 3-h shaft yet so it stays out of the bag until then.

btw - 18 degree purchased new from Golf Town and the 3-h off ebay in mint condition.
    MP600
    Cleveland Launcher (09) 15*
    Cleveland TA7 2-iron DG S/L
    Cleveland TA1 3-9
    Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58
    Cleveland Classic 2