Oh No! What a tragedy!

This will ruin your day.. (eBay auction)
This made me a little sick to my stomach...

http://cgi.ebay.com/100-4-STAR-TITANIUM-HONMA-DRIVER-SHAFTS-/110637222585?pt=Golf_Clubmaking_Products_US&hash=item19c27e0ab9

Comments

• cake1979cake1979 Members Posts: 200
    Yes. That will ruin your day.

Who does that anyway? "Let's cut off these worthless heads and sell the shafts!"

Oh wait! They're located right across the river from me in Cincy. Maybe I can find them and slap some sense into them.
    Ping G30
    Adams Insight 3W
    TM RBZ 19 degree
    Irons being auditioned.....
    Ping iWedge 54 & 58
    Scotty Squareback 2

The perfect club is out there, I just have to ho enough to find it!!
  • MaxwellMaxwell Max Members Posts: 683 ✭✭
    Boy - thats one angry wife!
    "One Day At a Time"
  • tembolo1284tembolo1284 Boom Boom Banned Posts: 20,715
    Why in the world would they do such a thing?
    Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
    Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
    Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
    Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
    Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
    All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon
  • johnalex444johnalex444 Members Posts: 47
    Someone should ask them what they are going to do with all that gold they found.cheesy.gif
  • Jeph62Jeph62 Members Posts: 299 ✭✭
    I was tring to figure out why that would ruin my day.

Then I saw the tip ends of the shafts... image/sad.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />
  • tradeandgolftradeandgolf Members Posts: 30
    [size="2"]speechless---and that is rare occurrence...

it's a cross between anger and tears...unbelievable....[/size]
  • Skaffa77Skaffa77 No place like the Sand Hills! ClubWRX Posts: 6,842 ClubWRX
    WTF!!!!?!
  • freshprince99freshprince99 Unregistered Posts: 1,362
    i dunno guys, misterinvestor sounds like the name of the sort of legitimate tokyo businessman we should all have dealings with!

partytime2.gif
  • scomac2002scomac2002 Inside the Starters' Hut Members Posts: 5,429 ✭✭

We hope you see the value & investment potential of collection!!!

Hmm, yes... well it isn't quite as good as it might have been had you managed to keep the Sawzall in a lock box. I guess it's safe to say that misterinvestor isn't a golfer...or much of an investor for that matter.

image/russian_roulette.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':russian_roulette:' />

Your problem is LOFT -- Lack of friggin' talent!

Titleist 913 D2 12°
    Cobra Baffler Rail F 15.5°/20°
    TM '09 Rescue 25°
    TM Burner Plus 6-AW
    TM Z Spin 56°
    Rossa Tourismo 3 counterbalanced 37"
  • professor_doomprofessor_doom Members Posts: 551

i dunno guys, misterinvestor sounds like the name of the sort of legitimate tokyo businessman we should all have dealings with!

partytime2.gif

Tokyo? Clearly he's a deposed Nigerian prince (who drives it 350 easy) who simply needs to use your bank account and $1500 to gain access to untold fortunes in gold secured deep in the persimmon vaults. The shafts are yours to keep once the transfer is made.
  • feedlotdocfeedlotdoc Members Posts: 931 ✭✭
    Impressive, $147.90/shaft that you still have to remove the head from to be able to make use of. This guy is a certifiable Massengill.
    feedlotdoc wrote:

Impressive, $147.90/shaft that you still have to remove the head from to be able to make use of. This guy is a certifiable Massengill.

$1479/100 = $14.79 a shaft that you still have to remove the head from to be able to make use of.

einstein.gif
  • astamm8astamm8 Members Posts: 1,291 ClubWRX
    And this will make you laugh.

Here's a real investment opportunity. Get it at that price and surely you can flip for a big profit, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270698030903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_955
  • teevonsteevons Members Posts: 2,191 ✭✭
    He says he is going to sell the heads, wow ,wont those be valuable and in incredible investment!
    astamm8 wrote:

Here's a real investment opportunity. Get it at that price and surely you can flip for a big profit, right?

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270698030903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_955"]http://cgi.ebay.com/...IT#ht_500wt_955[/url]
  • teevonsteevons Members Posts: 2,191 ✭✭
    He says he is going to sell the heads, wow ,wont those be valuable and in incredible investment!
    astamm8 wrote:

[url="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270698030903&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_955"]http://cgi.ebay.com/...IT#ht_500wt_955[/url]
  • asualumasualum ClubWRX Posts: 1,264
    That seems like a complete waste. Why do that?
  • dale4acedale4ace Members Posts: 943 ✭✭
    bizarre is about the only word that comes to mind.....and like everyone else that has responded prior to me....WHY???!?!?!?!
    // G30 10.5* // cb4 15* // i25 17* //
    // S55 4-PW // engage 52* / 56* / 60*
    // Redwood Anser //
    WITB Link
    asualum wrote:

im by no means a honma expert, and certainly not an expert in their older persimmon woods, however i do know that many of their clubs have had gold on the heads (gold inlaid in the cavity for cosmetic purposes etc). if these clubs had some gold on the heads too it would make sense that someone would cut off of the heads to remove the gold.

to the guy who posted that langer bag and shoes that is awesome! but there is no way it is worth 35 grand, count me as one of those people who just doesnt get the appeal with sports memorabilia. btw if anyones interested there is a picasso on ebay for a little over a million bucks!
  • LUMALUMA I Am My Greatest Downfall Jax Beaches, FL.Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭
    aaaaargh.jpg
    Callaway Epic Sub Zero 9 deg / Aldila Rouge
    Titleist 915 F 15 deg / Diamana 70
    Callaway XR 19 deg Hybrid / Project X LZ S
    Titleist 718 MB PW-4i / Project X 6.0 
    Titleist Vokey SM5 50/54/58
    Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5
  • elrey23elrey23 Members Posts: 1,798

asualum wrote:

im by no means a honma expert, and certainly not an expert in their older persimmon woods, however i do know that many of their clubs have had gold on the heads (gold inlaid in the cavity for cosmetic purposes etc). if these clubs had some gold on the heads too it would make sense that someone would cut off of the heads to remove the gold.

to the guy who posted that langer bag and shoes that is awesome! but there is no way it is worth 35 grand, count me as one of those people who just doesnt get the appeal with sports memorabilia. btw if anyones interested there is a picasso on ebay for a little over a million bucks!

Exactly. Has anyone seen gold prices lately? I don't know how much is in each head but it's probably worth more than just selling the driver as is.
  • StafferStaffer Members Posts: 325
    "We have great passion for what we do!"

s***. Thats like cutting gold fillings out of dead bodies in a cemetary.

• MadGolfer76MadGolfer76 Admiration is the state furthest from understanding. Members Posts: 19,851 ✭✭
    Staffer wrote:

"We have great passion for what we do!"

s***. Thats like cutting gold fillings out of dead bodies in a cemetary.

Wait...you can do that?

image/rolleyes.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' />
    Mizuno St-180 9.5
    Mizuno JPX 900 15
    Mizuno CLK 19, 22
    Mizuno JPX 900 5-Gw
    (Wedges TBD)
    (Putter TBD)
    Srixon Z-Star
    WITB