Fake Golf Pride New Decade Multicompound Grips

12346»

Comments

• 9ironiscash9ironiscash Members Posts: 640 ✭✭
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #152
    Nick081974 wrote:

Look real to me. I have very much authentic extras in my stash in black/white and black/yellow and everything looks right from your pictures other than some of the black in yours looking a little worn or faded.

They were lightly adhered together in a kind of zig zag pattern; the areas where this was stuck together has that “hairy edge” fraying seen in the first link to the response to my question of authenticity. Would that also be normal? Are there any other quick areas to look at more closely? I’m about to put them on but want to be sure haha
  • GoIrish17GoIrish17 Members Posts: 5,529 ✭✭
    I’m sorry, but I believe those are fake. There’s a couple things questionable about them, but the thing that immediately jumped out is the “G” in the Golf Pride logo. The fake’s logos never seem to be as sharp, and the inside part of the hook looks like a sharp arrow on authentic, but more blob-ish on fakes (like yours).

Yours:

Driver: Ping G400 LST 8.5° | Evenflow HC Black 65
    vs.
    Cobra F9 9° | Atmos Tour Spec Black 6
    Fairway: M4 Tour 15° | Kuro Kage XT 70
    Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot Pro 18° | Speeder HB 8.8
    Driving Iron: Apex X-Forged Utility 21° | AD-DI 105
    Irons: Srixon 785 5-pw | Recoil 110
    Wedges: Vokey SM7 raw 48° F (Handground S), 54° S, 58° V | KBS 610
    Putter: Tad Moore Pro 1S prototype
    Putter: Scotty AOP Newport oil can
    Putter: Piretti Potenza II black
    Putter: Byron Morgan DH89 oil can

WITB:
    http://www.golfwrx.c...sh17s-new-witb/
    GoIrish17 wrote:

I’m sorry, but I believe those are fake. There’s a couple things questionable about them, but the thing that immediately jumped out is the “G” in the Golf Pride logo. The fake’s logos never seem to be as sharp, and the inside part of the hook looks like a sharp arrow on authentic, but more blob-ish on fakes (like yours).

Yours:

Would you contact the seller? Not sure what to do - or if I should just use them.
  • Nick081974Nick081974 Members Posts: 526 ✭✭
    - Taylormade M2 9.5
    - Taylormade M2 3W
    - Taylormade M2 3h
    - Taylormade M2 4-PW
    - Vokey SM6 50*, 56*, & 60*
    - Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2.5
    - TM Tour Preferred X
    Nick081974 wrote:

It was just the first image of the Golf Pride logo I found on Google. The logo is the same on any model. Yours is different from the OP’s, it’s sharper. The photo just isn’t clear.
    vs.

WITB:

GoIrish17 wrote:

Yours:

Would you contact the seller? Not sure what to do - or if I should just use them.

No, thanks anyways though. Why not just initiate a return on eBay, because they’re counterfeit? Regardless of the seller’s “return policy”, you’ll win any claim you file based on them not being authentic.
    vs.

WITB:
  • BiggErnBiggErn Members Posts: 2,163 ✭✭
    Here are some pics of the ones I got off the bay. Don’t know if it mattered but they arrived kind of lightly adhered together in a zig zag pattern. Might be why the pic of the side of the butt end looks like that not sure. Comparing them to woods That have legit ones on them, the sides seem to be fraying mildly in places despite being just put on and never gamed. Very subtle but I see it. Do they look counterfeit? If so, as I said, I already threw two of them on my woods. Should I still be contacting the seller?

I’ve seen less cord on real ones....or ones I’ve bought from my local shop, ****, Golf Galaxy, etc. Nobody claiming they’re fake can prove they are they just point out things they THINK are off. I doubt the “Golf Pride” paintfill having a very slight imperfection, if that’s what you even want to call it, is major QC red flag.
    edited Jul 10, 2018 #159
    The guy I purchased it from has 400 + positive feedback and is in the US (not China). Not saying that validates authenticity, but makes me want to make sure, as best I can, they are counterfeit before i accuse the seller of selling fakes.

Also just noticed this: the cord is missing and irregular at the top (see pic). Don’t know if that is normal too?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
12346»