CHAT TIME! CALLAWAY & TRUE TEMPER Monday 2-3PM EDT

Comments

• jim2722jim2722 Members Posts: 301
    Callaway has, in my mind, always led the industry in cutting edge technology. Last year, Callaway came out with the razr driver and worked with lamborgini to have a driver using different metals and composites. That driver was much longer then others and most companies went to adjustable drivers. Now Callaway have the adjustability with the distance. Is Callaway working on another cutting edge technology?
  • superman912superman912 Members Posts: 734
    Which actual parts of the head or sole makes the RAZR fit 27% more aerodynamic than the RAZR hawk?
  • titleistfreaktitleistfreak CobraCrush Members Posts: 75
    Great to see Callaway making a big comeback of sorts with the new equipment offerings this year, love the new wedges and razr fit !

My question is this will callaway ever start to go deeper into the tour style offerings , like say the TP line for TM. I think a lot of guys on here

would love to see callaway come up with a solid tour line with a new logo and custom options stamping etc shafts different weights. Thanks
  • joshn08joshn08 Poor College Golfer Members Posts: 221
    Thanks for taking these questions.

What I want to know is why was the color green chosen for the Tour Authentic instead of blue or another color?

Will there be any other shafts to choose when ordering the driver?
  • RedSideRedSide Members Posts: 827
    Will the new RAZR be offered in a low enough loft (7.5* or less) for a stronger player?
  • knarfgnourtknarfgnourt Members Posts: 156
    Thanks to callaway and true temper for the live chat.

My Question: I was recently went through a outdoor fitting with a launch monitor for a driver (ended up getting a Callaway Razr fit). It was great for me to see the effect the new driver designs and technologies had on my driving. I am wondering if callaway club designers use fitting information from the callaway performance centers and tour fittings done on launch monitors as feedback for future club development? If so, what particular information from the hundreds (if not thousands) of fittings that is most important to the callaway club designers or true temper shaft designers?
  • ZAPZAP ClubWRX Posts: 1,584 ClubWRX
    I just want to know when I as a lefty will be able to get my hands on a weight kit for my regular RAZR Fit. Which I am really loving but I feel like the swingweight is a bit high for me personally.
  • Invert99Invert99 Members Posts: 192 ✭✭
    Will there be additional weight sets and tips available to the public? It would be very nice to be able to quickly try out different shafts and weight setups at a reasonable price.
  • Cameron Circle TCameron Circle T The Doc Junior Mod Squad Posts: 2,210 ✭✭
    Composite crowns was a big innovation in the ability to move significant amounts of discretionary weight around a clubhead to optimize launch and spin, while keeping headweight the same as it has been. More recently, adjustability has been the big innovation in driver technology. You all have combined both on the Razr Fit, and the Fit TA. Where do you see the next big innovation in driver technology coming from? (Face material changes, etc.?)
  • radimanradiman Members Posts: 4,674 ✭✭
    First of all, I love the brands. Both Callaway and True Temper have been mainstays in the game for a very long time. I'm a Callaway fanatic, and I pre ordered the Razr Fit the first chance I got. I love the club, but was a little dissapointed that you didn't release the dual cog tip. Now with the release of the TA driver, I just have to ask why you left it out of the original? I get the whole, simple adjustability idea. I guess, being the fanatic I am, I am contemplating buying the TA now also. Will you be making any changes to the system for your next driver? I would love to be able to use the same shafts in the next model if at all possible.

@Chad. I haven't had a chance to hit the PX black, but I really was impressed with the 7A3 tour issue shaft. Are you planning a refresh on that line anytime soon?

Thanks for the opportunity to ask some questions guys.

Mike
    Callaway Epic Flash 9* Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
    Titleist 917 F3 15* Tensei Pro Blue 70 TX
    Callaway X-Forged UT 21* w/Motore Speeder TS 8.8 X
    Callaway 2016 Apex Pro 4-PW KBS 130X
    Taylormade Spider X Navy/White 35"
    Callaway MD3 54, 60, 64
    All sitting comfortably in my Sun Mountain Sync Cart Bag
  • GuchGuch Members Posts: 187 ✭✭
    What was the reasoning behind the adjustable weights giving a neutral or draw bias instead of a fade with all the weight in the toe or draw with all the weight in the heel? Callaway used to offer a fade bias in there flagship drivers but has since disappeared completely.
  • youngunz5840youngunz5840 Members Posts: 2,307 ✭✭
    What were the reasons and advantages of going with the px black shaft in the TA fit over the Rip'd NV in the regular Razr fit?
  • My2DogsMy2Dogs Members Posts: 917 ✭✭
    Will the Tour Authentic Razr Fit at some time have custom color choices for the heads as the Razr Fit Drivers now? I think allowing the Tour Authentic Razr Fit Driver would really enhanse the trend of customizing clubs and would sell great.

Thanks.
    Driver: PXG Gen 2 XF Driver 9* Tensei Pro White TX 60
    3 wood: Ping 410 14.5*
    PXG Hybrid 19* Veylix Rome 988 X Flex
    PXG 2I 0311X Gen2 Driving Iron Darkness
    PXG 4i 0311X Gen2 Driving Iron C Taper 120 X Flex
    5-GW PXG Gen2 C Taper 120 X Flex
    Reneger 54* bent to 55* SW
    Miura 1957 60* LW
    Odyssey EXO 7
  • russian7russian7 Members Posts: 2,527 ✭✭
    I am a 4 handicap, for the lower handicaps -what can this shaft and head do to benefit me when I can currently work the ball both ways with my superfast 2.0 TP non-adjustable driver? Currently ball flight is mid trajectory with narrow dispersion, and distance is phenomenal. What does your technology provide that Taylor Made's does not? I use to be a huge callaway fan until it seemed technology fell behind as well as marketing, what can you do to get me back? I'd love to play Callaway again!
  • MacattackMacattack Members Posts: 310
    How does the "Forged Composite" face of the RAZR fit help increase the ball speed/lower spin? Also, how are these faces manufactured?
  • i_need_strokesi_need_strokes Loose is smooth; smooth is fast. Members Posts: 108
    Does Callaway plan to introduce a new face design in the future or is the plan to continue featuring the hyperbolic 'x' driver face?
  • PingDrv00PingDrv00 Members Posts: 2,294 ✭✭
    My question is regarding the swingweight of the club as well. It seems that this is significantly higher than prior models, and almost make me wonder if it is not needed to counter the effects of the new hosel? The other thought was that since many pros go with lengths shorter than 45.5 was this done to accomodate shorter shaft lengths?
    Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
    Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
    Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
    Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
    Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
    Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7
  • JerryMB1JerryMB1 Members Posts: 293
    The phrase "Tour Authenic" Does this mean the the retail models are really being used on tour, or are they related cousins? what was behind using that prase? or is it like slapping tour on the head, and winking and grinning.
  • MSUFanaticMSUFanatic Members Posts: 20
    When Phil smashes the new RAZR Fit at Dick's how come his ball comes up short of the hole? You think going through all those walls the ball would at least roll in right?
  • WVPWVP Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭
    Thanks WRX, Luke and Chad!

Is this shaft set up to suit the whole spectrum of golfer abilities/swing speeds? Or is this targeted for the lower HC?

I know the RAZR Fit was quickly bagged by Callaway staffers - is this version going into their bags now?

Callaway BB Fusion – 9°
    Tour Edge CB5 – 16.5°
    Mizuno JPX 825 – 22°
    PING G30 – 5-UW
    Cleveland CBX – 54°
    Taylormade EF – 60° ATV
    Taylormade Juno
  • Dean WenselDean Wensel Members Posts: 29
    Callaway and True Temper,

I am a huge fan of the razrfit and now the ta version as well, I was wondering however, why the razrfit was not available with an x-stiff shaft as an option. I found many people who loved the feel of the stock shaft but just needed something a little stiffer to bring them to the optimal numbers.

And for true temperwhen is the pxi going to become an available custom option. I get many questions about it, but its hard to fit for a shaft not yet available.

Thank you,

Dean A. Wensel
  • dunk7dunk7 Members Posts: 112
    I recently went through a Callaway fitting and purchased a Razr Fit with multiple low torque shafts (as was recommended by the Callaway rep). I was curious if the Project X Black is a low torque shaft. Is it lower than 3.0? I have asked multiple sources and no one has any idea of torque numbers on Project X shafts.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
  • RCD#No1RCD#No1 Members Posts: 4
    Why is it nowadays drivers have change from 9,10,11 degree and now 9.5, 10.5 etc. All of the major golf manufacturers are doing this?

Cheers

Brendan Brown

Northern Ireland
  • BlkNGldBlkNGld Members Posts: 2,896 ✭✭
    Thanks for the chance to ask questions.

Two Callaway specific questions

- The swingweight of the RazrFit is something many have noticed here. What was the rationale behind releasing a club with a much higher than normal swingweight (compared to both others brands and to Callaway's prior offerings)?

- Can we expect to see other lofts in the RazrFit fairways? 3+, 4, even 7 woods?

A question for both

- What are the main considerations when producing a Callaway specific version of a TrueTemper shaft? As you probably know, the general consensus is that 'made for' shafts are generally weaker in flex and have lower kick points than the original version. Is that a fair characterization, and if so, why is it done?
  • Boogs2Boogs2 Turbulence is caused by air fish Members Posts: 8,483 ✭✭
    With previous Callaway drivers, each one is designed with regards to some type of inspiration. For example, the FT-iq took cues from the F-22 raptor and the partnership with Lamborghini spawned Forged Composite. For the RAZR Fit line, what inspired the design? What are your plans with forged composite in the future lines/models of Callaway products?

Thanks!

-Jon
  • J5isaliveJ5isalive Members Posts: 389
    I'd like to know if Phil winning early this year truly spiked sales of the Razr Fit? I'm sure they have some pretty detailed spreadsheets of sales data that they wouldnt want to share but it would be cool to know if they track how much a win spikes sales (as a % perhaps?).

Thanks!
  • edaddyedaddy Members Posts: 64
    Is teh Project X Black shaft in the RF TA real or "made for"?
  • edaddyedaddy Members Posts: 64
    I am a 10 handicap and own Diablo Forged irons. Absolutely love them(except for the backplate design). Does Callaway intend to replace this type of iron in the linep--forged but forgiving? Or is that segment of the market too small? With Callaway's focus on RAZR X forged irons, forged wedges, even "forged" compsite, I was curious about that.
  • bosox4509bosox4509 Lefty Boomers Posts: 56
    Thanks for taking some questions.

Any chance we will see the Razor FIT in an 8.5 degree loft for us lefties?

As a lefty do I need to get a special left-handed adaptor for the Razor FIT, or can I use the right-handed adapter and just realize it will be backwards?

• bayoubogeyguybayoubogeyguy Members Posts: 121 ✭✭
    HipCheck wrote:

[size="3"]Callaway's Luke Williams, global director of woods and irons and True Temper's Chad Hall, director product marketing and global tour operations will be here live fielding all your questions. Join us!

On Monday, May 14, from 2:00 p.m.-3:00 p.m. EDT GolfWRX members will have the chance to discuss Callaway's new Tour Authentic RAZR FIT driver which is offered with the new Project X Black shaft. Williams and Hall will be available to answer any questions about the new driver and shaft.

***Also, any GolfWRX member who submits a question that is answered during the live chat will have a chance to win one of three Tour Authentic RAZR FIT drivers with a Project X Black shaft.***

Here are the details again...

• When: Monday May 14, 2PM EDT
    • Who: Callaway's Luke Williams and True Temper's Chad Hall
    • What: Callaway's Tour Authentic RAZR Fit driver & new Project X Black Shaft
    • Ask: A question and if it's answered, you're eligible to win 1 of 3 Tour Authentic RAZR Fit drivers with a Project X Black Shaft

Tour Authentic RAZR Fit: The combination of Forged Composite and OptiFit Technology makes Callaway's first driver featuring adjustability the performance leader. The OptiFit Tour Hosel offers nine unique face angles to choose from and the six OptiFit Tour Weights allow for a more finely tuned ball flight and trajectory. Golfers can dial in their ideal settings with Tour Authentic Technology and hit drives with distance and accuracy like never before.

Project X Black: The new Project X Black features a 10% weight reduction from the original Project X graphite for explosive power while preserving critical tip stability and low spin performance. With proprietary Dual Torsional Control, Project X Black reduces spin rates at impact for optimized peak trajectory with flatter descent angles for maximum carry and roll.[/size]

[color="#8b0000"][size="4"]ASK YOUR QUESTIONS NOW BELOW.

THIS THREAD WILL ALSO BE THE LIVE CHAT THREAD.
    [/size][/color]

I've hit the composite Rapture for years. What technological leaps have been made in the material used for composites that increase distance and accuracy