Dave D's swing thread - Pg 39 new putter & swing update 9th April

1282931333439
39

Comments

  • flog2flog2 Members  2161WRX Points: 2Handicap: 5Posts: 2,161 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #902
    thanks



    Just an observation but you really pick the driver up so steeply on the backswing- is that a deliberate swing thought/movement ala Darren Clarke
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #903


    thanks



    Just an observation but you really pick the driver up so steeply on the backswing- is that a deliberate swing thought/movement ala Darren Clarke




    nothing deliberate at all, I've always had an early set but this again is another bad habit I get into of being too handsy in the takeaway. Part of the punisher drill I do is taking it away a bit more one piece and connected, so hopefully that will improve
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Nov 15, 2017 #904
    Got through the first round of qualifying for the Hinge Trophy down at Littlestone last week. Was going along nicely at -2 front 9 then lost a drive on 10 which we thought was absolutely fine, made triple, silly bogey on the next due to being rattled but then knuckled down and finished off the round solidly. Drove the ball well again didn't hit my irons that great (again) which is concerning.



    Before my practice round at Littlestone the week before I changed my putter grip slightly, I went to a grip that's a sort of a semi arm lock type grip, hands slightly separated and 10 finger grip with the fingers off the right hand wrapped around the grip touching the left forearm. Will try and get a picture up. Really makes things solid and it makes putting feel super easy, all I have to feel is how hard I want to hit the putt with my right hand, don't have to worry about stroke at all, just all right hand. This felt most comfortable with the odyssey protype. My speed control and lag putting the 2 rounds since has been the best in a long long time.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • starsail85starsail85 Members  4832WRX Points: 205Posts: 4,832 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #905
    Dave D wrote:


    Got through the first round of qualifying for the Hinge Trophy down at Littlestone last week. Was going along nicely at -2 front 9 then lost a drive on 10 which we thought was absolutely fine, made triple, silly bogey on the next due to being rattled but then knuckled down and finished off the round solidly. Drove the ball well again didn't hit my irons that great (again) which is concerning.



    Before my practice round at Littlestone the week before I changed my putter grip slightly, I went to a grip that's a sort of a semi arm lock type grip, hands slightly separated and 10 finger grip with the fingers off the right hand wrapped around the grip touching the left forearm. Will try and get a picture up. Really makes things solid and it makes putting feel super easy, all I have to feel is how hard I want to hit the putt with my right hand, don't have to worry about stroke at all, just all right hand. This felt most comfortable with the odyssey protype. My speed control and lag putting the 2 rounds since has been the best in a long long time.




    Littlestone is a nice links course , played it a few years ago . Would love to live in that house that’s on the sea edge on about the 16th hole
    Posted:
    Mizuno ST190G atmos 6s
    Mizuno MP18 2fh / PX 6.0
    Mizuno MP18 3-Pw/ PX 6.0
    Mizuno S18 5310+5812/PX 6.0
    Ping TR Anser 1966/ 34”

    Ball - pro v1x
    Grips - Crossline cord

    Lofts 18 , 21.5, 25, 29, 33, 37, 41, 45, 49, 53, 58
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #906
    starsail85 wrote:

    Dave D wrote:


    Got through the first round of qualifying for the Hinge Trophy down at Littlestone last week. Was going along nicely at -2 front 9 then lost a drive on 10 which we thought was absolutely fine, made triple, silly bogey on the next due to being rattled but then knuckled down and finished off the round solidly. Drove the ball well again didn't hit my irons that great (again) which is concerning.



    Before my practice round at Littlestone the week before I changed my putter grip slightly, I went to a grip that's a sort of a semi arm lock type grip, hands slightly separated and 10 finger grip with the fingers off the right hand wrapped around the grip touching the left forearm. Will try and get a picture up. Really makes things solid and it makes putting feel super easy, all I have to feel is how hard I want to hit the putt with my right hand, don't have to worry about stroke at all, just all right hand. This felt most comfortable with the odyssey protype. My speed control and lag putting the 2 rounds since has been the best in a long long time.




    Littlestone is a nice links course , played it a few years ago . Would love to live in that house that’s on the sea edge on about the 16th hole




    Yeah lovely place by the 16th green/17th tee. think it's been turned into a b&b now.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Nov 23, 2017 #907
    With lack of playing time in recent months my swing had reverted to horrible excessive tilt and flick. Have been hitting driver great but everything else not so. So back to basics working on rotation, using a drill where you take it back to club parallel with no wrist set and then just pivot to hit the ball, you have to pivot well to get shaft lean and get any distance on the shot, if I tilt too much I hit it fat and left. Was pleased with the changes in a small period of time, certainly rotation is much better at impact and definitely post impact, head is releasing a lot earlier with better rotation, still need more rotation earlier in the swing.



    Admittedly this is a screenshot from doing the drill but the position it gets me into is what im striving for:

    37863933944_75471d97eb_b.jpg





    And this from a full swing afterwards, much better rotation in hips and chest and better extension, less tilt too:

    37692358935_b382048a37_k.jpg



    My speed was above tour average with an 8 iron, being 89 mph, but my launch angle with an 8 iron was averaging 22*, compared to tour averages that is inbetween there 9i and PW. afterwards it was down to around 18* which is the tour average, so as a result I should start hitting it better and further. Which is always nice
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #908
    Have only played twice I think since my last post, lots of bad weather and Christmas haven't helped. Have practiced once a week though, still working on rotation. Videoing a few swings showed improved rotation and lower dynamic loft, less back out with the upper body but still some late on. Still not getting as open as I could be and weight is staying fairly central in the left foot, so working on getting pressure into the left heel earlier which gets the left leg straighter rather than bent towards target like it was.



    Ball flight certainly straighter than it was 6 weeks ago.



    From this:



    27692977849_0e77f4d090_h.jpg



    To more like this:



    38591492935_d08f96a72b_h.jpg



    Sorry for bad quality as took the picture of the screen I recorded it on at my mates driving range.



    Feels like I've got more room to swing and as if I'm swinging left more without thinking about it. Here's a video and impact still from a round at Princes' golf club yesterday, certainly looking more open than before:



    24603438327_d1b57b2583_h.jpg



    http://youtu.be/CN-103LcgZg



    Still absolutely loving the M2 driver, I've never been so consistently in the fairway, very little shape to the shots too, love it. Does get me thinking I should get fit for some irons and see what new technology can help with those.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • bogeyprobogeypro The Original Bogeypro ALClubWRX  3552WRX Points: 430Handicap: +1Posts: 3,552 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #909
    Can you expand on this drill? You said "you take it back to club parallel with no wrist set and then just pivot to hit the ball"
    Posted:
    TaylorMade SIM max driver 
    TaylorMade  M6 3 wood
    Mizuno JPX 850 2 hybrid
    TaylorMade p770 3-pw
    TaylorMade Hi MG2 52/58 wedges 
    Scotty Cameron Newport
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 4, 2018 #910
    bogeypro wrote:


    Can you expand on this drill? You said "you take it back to club parallel with no wrist set and then just pivot to hit the ball"




    Yeah sorry my explanation probably wasn't great, will try and film a video to show it better, but basically take it back to p2 with very little wrist set, pause, then hit the ball.

    P2-1024x768.jpg



    In order to compress it and hit an 8 iron over a hundred yards with this length backswing you really need to pivot well to create the necessary impact to do this. Hope that makes sense?



    Doing the drill, if I don't pivot well, which for me happens if I don't rotate and tilt too much, I hit it fat and it goes short and left. If I pivot well its a very compressed strike and goes a good distance.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1149WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,149 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 4, 2018 #911
    Dave D wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:




    Yeah sorry my explanation probably wasn't great, will try and film a video to show it better, but basically take it back to p2 with very little wrist set, pause, then hit the ball.

    P2-1024x768.jpg



    In order to compress it and hit an 8 iron over a hundred yards with this length backswing you really need to pivot well to create the necessary impact to do this. Hope that makes sense?



    Doing the drill, if I don't pivot well, which for me happens if I don't rotate and tilt too much, I hit it fat and it goes short and left. If I pivot well its a very compressed strike and goes a good distance.




    This is my next step fella have been working on my backswing with instructor but from videos I have a pivot stall with my arms and hands coming through and then I rotate after impact. He has mentioned it so I could do with getting a heads up. Do you feel your hands do nothing and you rotate left as soon as th3 backswing has finished
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 4, 2018 #912
    Hilts1969 wrote:

    Dave D wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:


    Can you expand on this drill? You said "you take it back to club parallel with no wrist set and then just pivot to hit the ball"




    Yeah sorry my explanation probably wasn't great, will try and film a video to show it better, but basically take it back to p2 with very little wrist set, pause, then hit the ball.

    P2-1024x768.jpg



    In order to compress it and hit an 8 iron over a hundred yards with this length backswing you really need to pivot well to create the necessary impact to do this. Hope that makes sense?



    Doing the drill, if I don't pivot well, which for me happens if I don't rotate and tilt too much, I hit it fat and it goes short and left. If I pivot well its a very compressed strike and goes a good distance.




    This is my next step fella have been working on my backswing with instructor but from videos I have a pivot stall with my arms and hands coming through and then I rotate after impact. He has mentioned it so I could do with getting a heads up. Do you feel your hands do nothing and you rotate left as soon as th3 backswing has finished




    Yes my downswing feels as if the arms are along for the ride. Currently my downswing thought/feel is that I just rotate towards the left heel. When I'm working on mechanics I make a very conscious move with lower body to get pressure into my left heel as soon as I can in the downswing. I rehearse this move in practice swings which brings the club down to around p6, then rotate everything through



    hope that helps? any more questions feel free to fire away image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1149WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,149 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 4, 2018 #913
    Dave D wrote:

    Hilts1969 wrote:

    Dave D wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:




    Yeah sorry my explanation probably wasn't great, will try and film a video to show it better, but basically take it back to p2 with very little wrist set, pause, then hit the ball.

    P2-1024x768.jpg



    In order to compress it and hit an 8 iron over a hundred yards with this length backswing you really need to pivot well to create the necessary impact to do this. Hope that makes sense?



    Doing the drill, if I don't pivot well, which for me happens if I don't rotate and tilt too much, I hit it fat and it goes short and left. If I pivot well its a very compressed strike and goes a good distance.




    This is my next step fella have been working on my backswing with instructor but from videos I have a pivot stall with my arms and hands coming through and then I rotate after impact. He has mentioned it so I could do with getting a heads up. Do you feel your hands do nothing and you rotate left as soon as th3 backswing has finished




    Yes my downswing feels as if the arms are along for the ride. Currently my downswing thought/feel is that I just rotate towards the left heel. When I'm working on mechanics I make a very conscious move with lower body to get pressure into my left heel as soon as I can in the downswing. I rehearse this move in practice swings which brings the club down to around p6, then rotate everything through



    hope that helps? any more questions feel free to fire away image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Cheers mate just tried it on the range before I read your post will try that left heel feel
    Posted:
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1149WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,149 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #914
    Dave D wrote:

    Hilts1969 wrote:

    Dave D wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:




    Yeah sorry my explanation probably wasn't great, will try and film a video to show it better, but basically take it back to p2 with very little wrist set, pause, then hit the ball.

    P2-1024x768.jpg



    In order to compress it and hit an 8 iron over a hundred yards with this length backswing you really need to pivot well to create the necessary impact to do this. Hope that makes sense?



    Doing the drill, if I don't pivot well, which for me happens if I don't rotate and tilt too much, I hit it fat and it goes short and left. If I pivot well its a very compressed strike and goes a good distance.




    This is my next step fella have been working on my backswing with instructor but from videos I have a pivot stall with my arms and hands coming through and then I rotate after impact. He has mentioned it so I could do with getting a heads up. Do you feel your hands do nothing and you rotate left as soon as th3 backswing has finished




    Yes my downswing feels as if the arms are along for the ride. Currently my downswing thought/feel is that I just rotate towards the left heel. When I'm working on mechanics I make a very conscious move with lower body to get pressure into my left heel as soon as I can in the downswing. I rehearse this move in practice swings which brings the club down to around p6, then rotate everything through



    hope that helps? any more questions feel free to fire away image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    A few things I’ve noticed just hitting half sand wedges into a net if you don’t mind comparing feels which I know can be different from person to person



    I hit the ball better if I feel my hands and arms do nothing whatsoever if I feel i swing with them I tend to hit it thin



    My right shoulder and club head feel like they work in unison squaring the club and feel like they work on top of the ball.



    Doing slow motion and stopping at impact the weight is left heel, left leg straight, left hip very open, shoulders about 30 open, path from the inside but less than normal and here’s the thing that is hugely different my hands are a good 3 inches further forward than set up and the loft appears to be more in line with a 9 iron. No track man but just kept the sw in place and compared it with pw and 9 iron)



    Is this too much shaft lean?



    Posted:
  • QManyQMany #TheWRX ClubWRX  9189WRX Points: 302Handicap: +2.5Posts: 9,189 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #915
    Great drill, Dave. GG calls them "no-throws," where the right arm is about 120*, and you just rotate to the finish.

    Posted:
    Currently in #TheWRX...

    Taylormade M3 460 (9.5°) Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
    Taylormade SLDR Mini (14°) Matrix White Tie 70X
    Callaway XR Pro (20°) Diamana White 90X
    Callaway Apex Pro (4i-PW) DG X100 TI
    Ping Glide 2.0 (50° & 54°) DG S400 TI
    Artisan MT Grind (58°) DG S400
    Odyssey O Works R-Line
    Taylormade TP5X

    QMany's Swing/Sticks / Instagram
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #916
    QMany wrote:


    Great drill, Dave. GG calls them "no-throws," where the right arm is about 120*, and you just rotate to the finish.

    https://www.instagra.../p/BIqs7U_hauP/




    yeah similar but I'd argue that with having wrist c*ck you can still compress the ball without pivoting great, with no wrist **** (or very minimal) you are forced to pivot well in order to compress it?
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • pusb365pusb365 Members  664WRX Points: 96Posts: 664 Golden Tee
    Joined:  #917
    I love the 'no throw' drill, definitely gets you nice and open and I hit it really pure doing the drill (though I do pull it a bit). Great drill though
    Posted:
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1149WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,149 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #918




    This is what I’m trying to do side bend from the top but if I swing my arms I feel like I’m going to hit behind the ball and stand up and thin it. With what feels like no arm movement I run into the ball nicely. Logical answer would be don’t swing the arms but how do you generate speed?
    Posted:
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1149WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,149 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 5, 2018 #919




    Problem on first post of video
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #920
    Hilts1969 wrote:

    Dave D wrote:

    Hilts1969 wrote:

    Dave D wrote:

    bogeypro wrote:


    Can you expand on this drill? You said "you take it back to club parallel with no wrist set and then just pivot to hit the ball"




    Yeah sorry my explanation probably wasn't great, will try and film a video to show it better, but basically take it back to p2 with very little wrist set, pause, then hit the ball.

    P2-1024x768.jpg



    In order to compress it and hit an 8 iron over a hundred yards with this length backswing you really need to pivot well to create the necessary impact to do this. Hope that makes sense?



    Doing the drill, if I don't pivot well, which for me happens if I don't rotate and tilt too much, I hit it fat and it goes short and left. If I pivot well its a very compressed strike and goes a good distance.




    This is my next step fella have been working on my backswing with instructor but from videos I have a pivot stall with my arms and hands coming through and then I rotate after impact. He has mentioned it so I could do with getting a heads up. Do you feel your hands do nothing and you rotate left as soon as th3 backswing has finished




    Yes my downswing feels as if the arms are along for the ride. Currently my downswing thought/feel is that I just rotate towards the left heel. When I'm working on mechanics I make a very conscious move with lower body to get pressure into my left heel as soon as I can in the downswing. I rehearse this move in practice swings which brings the club down to around p6, then rotate everything through



    hope that helps? any more questions feel free to fire away image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />




    Cheers mate just tried it on the range before I read your post will try that left heel feel




    here's video from my practice session Saturday where I do the drill I mentioned at the start of each video.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9J_9VC9UbA



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOs4Z84DVKs



    hope that clears things up?
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • dg_1983dg_1983 Members  1284WRX Points: 56Handicap: 0.2Posts: 1,284 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #921
    Certainly getting into the left heel Dave!
    Posted:
    2014 Low 2.9
    2015 Low 2.6
    2016 Low 2.1
    2017 Target 1.4
    2018 Target 0.4
    2019 Target +15
    Current 0.2
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 8, 2018 #922
    dg_1983 wrote:


    Certainly getting into the left heel Dave!


    thanks, happy with how the downswing rotation is getting there. The tilt I have is possibly why I'm driving the ball so well, but feel I could maybe get more consistency with the irons from having less.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  • Hilts1969Hilts1969 Members  1149WRX Points: 122Posts: 1,149 Platinum Tees
    Joined:  #923
    Nice drills mate, tried it on the range 9 to 7 iron was quite impressed with how straight and far they went after I realised I had to rotate like my life depended on it. Do you do it with all clubs including the driver?
    Posted:
  • lhahnlhahn Members  494WRX Points: 122Handicap: highPosts: 494 Greens
    Joined:  #924
    Dave D wrote:




    here's video from my practice session Saturday where I do the drill I mentioned at the start of each video.



    [media=]



    hope that clears things up?






    0:29 mark of the first vid =D



    In all seriousness, thanks for reminding me of this drill.
    Posted:
    Callaway Mavrik 9.5* - Copperhead 70TX
    Cobra F9 15.5* - Tensei PO 60TX
    Titleist T100 3-PW
    TM 54*
    TM Hi-Toe 64*
    Yamada Emperor 34"
    Snell MTBx
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 9, 2018 #925
    Hilts1969 wrote:


    Nice drills mate, tried it on the range 9 to 7 iron was quite impressed with how straight and far they went after I realised I had to rotate like my life depended on it. Do you do it with all clubs including the driver?




    I generally do the drill with an 8 or 9 iron but do occasionally with a 6 iron. quite often when hitting driver or 3 wood, i'll do one drill swing with a 8/9i between each full swing.




    lhahn wrote:

    Dave D wrote:


    here's video from my practice session Saturday where I do the drill I mentioned at the start of each video.



    [media=]



    hope that clears things up?






    0:29 mark of the first vid =D



    In all seriousness, thanks for reminding me of this drill.




    haha yeah I noticed that, no worries glad I can help. so easy over time to forget little easy things that can help with the swing
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  edited Jan 31, 2018 #926
    I've joined the darkside...



    $_57.GIF?set_id=8800005007
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • SchneeSchnee SOTABM NortheastClubWRX  5576WRX Points: 714Posts: 5,576 ClubWRX
    Joined:  #927
    Dave D wrote:


    I've joined the darkside...



    $_57.GIF?set_id=8800005007




    Paulina’s British cousin.
    Posted:
    Taylormade M6 10.5* Graphite Design AD DI 
    Taylormade SIM Max 15° Project X Even Flow Riptide 70X
    Taylormade SIM Max Rescue 22° AD DI 85S
    Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Tour Issue S400
    Vokey SM7 50.12F, 54.14F Stealth S200
    Vokey SM8 60.8M S400 
    LAB Golf Directed Force Reno 2.1T
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #928
    Experimenting with some pinstriping



    40269895412_9f1363ff88_k.jpg
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • 80sFredriksson80sFredriksson Members  492WRX Points: 89Handicap: -Posts: 492 Greens
    Joined:  edited Feb 17, 2018 #929
    Noob question but lots of talk about compression in this thread, is compression and smash factor the same thing?

    If not, how is compression defined and how do you measure it?
    Posted:
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #930


    Noob question but lots of talk about compression in this thread, is compression and smash factor the same thing?

    If not, how is compression defined and how do you measure it?




    I guess the only way you can measure it is by a launch monitor that measures smash factor?



    when I talk about compression I mean a lower dynamic loft at impact.
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad
    Joined:  ...

    Advertisement
  •  Dave D Dave D Members  4049WRX Points: 197Handicap: 0.0Posts: 4,049 Titanium Tees
    Joined:  #931
    Had about 6 weeks off due to house move and inclement weather and have come back to a horrendous golf swing, worst its looked in years and can't stop hitting it out the toe (an advance on duff hooks I was hitting at the range Saturday). Stupid game isn't it?



    thought I'd post these videos, just to prove its not all good swings and shots I post image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> and for reference.



    Iron:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvYvzaKdxlI



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ0V5jcw6d8





    Driver:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3cSdtz8ztY - this was the only good shot I've hit in 3 range sessions.



    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLd3qdFqGiI



    shockingly the faults of huge lateral upper body move in backswing, excessive secondary tilt at impact and therefore lack of rotation are back.... I'd probably also say lack of depth at the top and very outward arms coming down, so same old sh!t as always basically.



    It really is a stupid game isn't it?



    Not going to have time to see an instructor the next few weeks so am fully contemplating shooting an online lesson off to Dan or Monte
    Posted:

    Driver: Taylormade M2 10.5* w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 62g
    3 Wood: Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 15* w/ Hzrdus Yellow 6.5 76g
    3 iron: Srixon ZU85 20* w/ Nippon Modus 120x
    4-PW: Callaway X Forged '13 w/ Project X Pxi 6.0
    Wedges: Callaway Forged 50, Vokey SM7 54S & 60L - DG wedge flex
    Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider S 34" w/ Superstroke Pistol GT 1.0

    Ball: looking for chrome soft replacement


    ig-badge-view-24.png
    fbv_twitter.png

39

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.