TollBros

Gotcha, thanks for the info ;)

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Just an added note to you fellas that haven't seen this thing(XD) in person. My buddies that have seen it outside recently during our rounds cant get over how cool the graphics look. Pics dont do it justice!

Assuming we ever see the Sun again, I'll try to post some good shots. Yes, the prism effect in the graphic is very cool.

Is the bend profile similar to the KK XT?

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

Yes, just a dual, actually tri-core of Tini fiber, longer length of the fibers, lower torque, and stiffer tip. Altered material construction but very similar overall profile.

Sounds good!

I like shafts with a long and strong tip section that is reaching into a not too stiff mid section.

The XD is very tight in the tip with that low torque sensation as well. Crisp is the perfect way to describe it.

Sounds good!

The XD is very tight in the tip with that low torque sensation as well. Crisp is the perfect way to describe it.

How does it compare to the Pro Orange in this regard?

Sounds good!

Pro Orange is a smoother feeling shaft.

Sounds good!

Pro Orange is a smoother feeling shaft.

Thanks!

any weight and tourque numbers??

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I prefer smoother feeling shafts...

...however, I also seem to need at least 70 g shafts to get a good rhythm.

I would say Dual Core XT would be the one for you then. It's feel dynamic is well documented and nobody ever seems to feel overwhelmed by it, regardless of flex.

Thanks!

No problem. I do want to say the 60 is smoother feeling than the 70, which is common, but I really like the 60tx in this profile.

I would say Dual Core XT would be the one for you then. It's feel dynamic is well documented and nobody ever seems to feel overwhelmed by it, regardless of flex.

According the information I could gather in regard of that shaft, you are probably right.

However, I have seen no data from the manufacturer for that shaft, and no bend profile...

...and I couldn't find a reliable source that delivers to Europe - at a reasonable price point (especially because of the taxes and fees, that I would have to pay in addition).

Thanks!

According the information I could gather in regard of that shaft, you are probably right.

However, I have seen no data from the manufacturer for that shaft, and no bend profile...

...and I couldn't find a reliable source that delivers to Europe - at a reasonable price point (especially because of the taxes and fees, that I would have to pay in addition).

Shoot me a message. We send overseas on a weekly basis.

Shoot me a message. We send overseas on a weekly basis.

Thank you for the offer - I will happily come back to you after I tried whether the XD is smooth enough for me...

...sometimes I need a shaft that takes it all, and maybe the XD is the right choice - for those occasions.

However, I prefer a smooth feel in general, and I am searching after a shaft, that has a smooth feel and takes it all - maybe the DC XT...

...in any case it is good to know a reliable source, that also delivers to Europe!

Thank you for the offer - I will happily come back to you after I tried whether the XD is smooth enough for me...

...sometimes I need a shaft that takes it all, and maybe the XD is the right choice - for those occasions.

However, I prefer a smooth feel in general, and I am searching after a shaft, that has a smooth feel and takes it all - maybe the DC XT...

...in any case it is good to know a reliable source, that also delivers to Europe!

If you have some launch data, and need set up assistance, just let me know. Feel free to message any time you see fit.

Few pictures. It's pretty...

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

Quick on course review from a shaft ho:

I have owned/played in the last 6 months Tensei Pro White 70TX, Synergy Black 60TX, KK dual core XT 60X, and now the KK XD 70TX. I know a lot of guys need real technical data, but I don't have access to any kind of launch monitor so I go by feel, flight, distance, and how it reacts to miss hits. My hope with the XD was that it was a love child of the Tensei White and the Dual Core XT and it's real close to that. My swing was pretty much garbage on the front 9 since I've only played 18 holes twice since November and have only had a few range trips in that time. The XD really held up on some serious toe strikes. Really good distance not too much curve on it. Several I hit I was: "oh god that's terrible" only to have my playing partners make fun of me as to where it actually ended up. When I finally warmed up on the back 9 I hit it really straight with very good distance. I was able to turn it over and it has a really nice flight. It feels really crisp and you can feel it load and unload (not my favorite feel as I feel like I'm losing control of the head...) . I personally love a rebar shaft (think old school UST V2 or Fuji Pro 73 tour spec), I like the feel of a shaft that is one piece. This is not that, but it certainly isn't a Tour AD DI or a Blueboard. My work schedule has completely opened up so lots of golf coming up to decide the winner. Any questions shoot away.

I would also like to thank Toll for all the info he has provided to forum (and the Synergy Black I got from him,I definitely hit it the furthest but also get pretty wild with it��). His low spin thread helped me find at least 2 shafts that have really improved my driving performance ( and made my PayPal account much lighter). Thanks!

Update to my review:

Took all 3 of my shafts (Pro White 70TX, KK XD 70TX, and Synergy Black 60TX) into the local golf shop to try out in the F8+. Got on their launch monitor to see what worked the best. Hit some with my driver (F7+) with ProV's I brought to get a baseline. Didn't get a print out or take photos so going off of memory.

Lowest spin rate and straightest for me in the F7+ was the Tensei which was my conclusion from on course testing. In the F8+ the KK XD was the winner. It was launching in the 11-13 degree area with about 2700rpm backspin ( hit a few in the 2400rpm range which is a huge for me!) carry distances were around the 270 yard mark (the monitor had my swing speed around 105, normally I'm in the 110mph range, but its early in the season and I HATE hitting indoors). After I purchased the F8+ (of course) they let me stay in the hitting bay and go between all three shafts so I spent a bunch of time hitting them all in the new driver. The Tensei is definitely the straightest and most consistent for me, but the KK XD is real close. It's a little longer (4-5 yards) and I seem to hit a little draw with it which is fine. Didn't have ANY big misses with it and it feels great. Spin rate and launch where nearly identical, but ball speed was slightly better with the KK XD. I will stick with the Tensei in the F7+ for the next little bit as I trust it will go straight and I'm going on a couple of golf trips and need to have the straight ball on strange courses. The KK XD/F8+ combo will be working its way into the bag for sure once the season gets rolling and I'm playing on my usual courses.

I played the XT for a while but just didn't have enough life in the shaft for me. IMO the KK DC XT is a MAJOR improvement in feel with less left for me. IMO the PO V3 looks like a rockstar if you can get along with it. I've hit it a little bit and liked it but i actually had the PO V2 which i didn't like.

What shafts are in the bag for the players above? I could imagine being one of these testers and falling into the trap of chasing numbers instead of sticking to something tried and true on the golf course. Has to be a big temptation.

As a tester for Toll, I couldn't agree more with what he says above. I have hit dozens of shafts while doing testing, and I have only put 3 of them in play after testing. I have to notice a major change in overall performance before I am going to consider making a shaft change and putting it in play. That includes more than ballspeed and distance on a launch monitor. I am very much a feel player, so first of all it needs to feel good. Second of all, I need be fully confident in how it will perform in the heat of competition. I have passed on a few shafts that gave me more distance, but I either wasn't comfortable with the feel, or confident that it would provide the performance on the course that I want. The last change I made was from a KK DC XT70 to the Synergy Black 70. Overall, I loved the feel of the Synergy, plus it gave me the numbers and consistency that I need on the course. I ended up gaining 15+ yds with the Synergy. For me to switch out of the Synergy at this point, I would need to see a jump similar to that to even consider changing.

I played the XT for a while but just didn't have enough life in the shaft for me. IMO the KK DC XT is a MAJOR improvement in feel with less left for me. IMO the PO V3 looks like a rockstar if you can get along with it. I've hit it a little bit and liked it but i actually had the PO V2 which i didn't like.

What shafts are in the bag for the players above? I could imagine being one of these testers and falling into the trap of chasing numbers instead of sticking to something tried and true on the golf course. Has to be a big temptation.

As a tester for Toll, I couldn't agree more with what he says above. I have hit dozens of shafts while doing testing, and I have only put 3 of them in play after testing. I have to notice a major change in overall performance before I am going to consider making a shaft change and putting it in play. That includes more than ballspeed and distance on a launch monitor. I am very much a feel player, so first of all it needs to feel good. Second of all, I need be fully confident in how it will perform in the heat of competition. I have passed on a few shafts that gave me more distance, but I either wasn't comfortable with the feel, or confident that it would provide the performance on the course that I want. The last change I made was from a KK DC XT70 to the Synergy Black 70. Overall, I loved the feel of the Synergy, plus it gave me the numbers and consistency that I need on the course. I ended up gaining 15+ yds with the Synergy. For me to switch out of the Synergy at this point, I would need to see a jump similar to that to even consider changing.

Synergy Black is really the only shaft I've seen testers switch to in quantity recently. It will go down with the Tensei Orange V2 as one of those shafts people will still ask about years after we have sold them out.

EI profile shows a firm butt. If you have experience with the original XT, you’ll see it’s about the same firmness.

http://www.mca-golf.com/products/xd

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Ping PLD Ally Blue 4

Titleist Pro V1x

• 1 month later...

Not surprised that you're getting a lot of questions about this shaft. There's such little information on it out there. Seems to have slipped under the radar.

Thanks for the info and the replies! I was fortunate enough to pick one up cheap and put it in my G400 Max. Really helped flatten the flight and reduce the spin.

14 Beaten and Battered clubs,

a few balls and tees,

tattered golf bag and

one unwavering spirit that loves the game