Mitsubishi Kuro Kage XD Shaft, Review with Multiple player Trackman Data

TollBros

I have both an Orange and an XD. The Orange actually easily knocked the Synergy and Phene'd out of my bag as it gave my near identical numbers but allowed me to add weight to the head and that gave me better accuracy. The XD launches a bit lower, flights a flatter trajectory though I wouldn't call it a super low launch. I get similar carry but 5-10 more yards of roll with the XD. The Orange seems to be a bit more forgiving if my swing is a bit off but I honestly haven't decided which one is going to be the winner yet. I will say that I feel the orange will do better when paired with less loft. They're both great shafts.

Not surprised that you're getting a lot of questions about this shaft. There's such little information on it out there. Seems to have slipped under the radar.

Thanks for the info and the replies! I was fortunate enough to pick one up cheap and put it in my G400 Max. Really helped flatten the flight and reduce the spin.

It really has flown under the radar for the most part. Guys are really over looking a great product.

Posted in the other thread but meant to post it here. This shaft plays similarly in spin to the synergy black and launches a bit higher. For me - high flat bombs that roll for a long time.

Toll said it's a slightly firmer profile but, man is that shades of grey. If u liked the synergy but couldn't elevate it...the XD is going to blow ur mind.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Posted in the other thread but meant to post it here. This shaft plays similarly in spin to the synergy black and launches a bit higher. For me - high flat bombs that roll for a long time.

Toll said it's a slightly firmer profile but, man is that shades of grey. If u liked the synergy but couldn't elevate it...the XD is going to blow ur mind.

I'm very happy to hear you are hitting it so well Gio. I still have more demand for dual core XT than XD. It really seems as if this is a forgotten product at the moment. It shouldn't be!

I'm very happy to hear you are hitting it so well Gio. I still have more demand for dual core XT than XD. It really seems as if this is a forgotten product at the moment. It shouldn't be!

I've hit the DC XT and honestly it's going to come down to feel I think. The DC XT is noticeably firmer in the feedback (I think) than the XD.

The XD also feels like the ball slings off the face a bit hotter to me - the DC XT feels like u have to hit it to get every yard if that makes any sense. Also, I think the XT launches a little lower than the XD does.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Interesting... My Synergy launched higher, on par with the Pro Orange. The XD brought the launch down for me.

Interesting... My Synergy launched higher, on par with the Pro Orange. The XD brought the launch down for me.

I couldn't get enough spin with the synergy/G400 pairing - even at 10* loft it just didn't have the spin to stay airborne any decent amount of time. It was sub 1900 spin (total spin) on normal strikes, often less than that - but couldn't launch. This pairing is much better launch, but about the same spin - maybe a touch more. I'd still guess it's less than 2100. I gotta hop on a sim/monitor in the next week or so.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

I've owned all three shafts mentioned here and for me the XD is the most consistent and longest of the three. I couldn't for the life of me get along with the Synergy Black and while I hit some monsters with the DC XT I got wild with too. I actually launched and spun the Synergy like crazy. I think it requires a smoother transition and a more neutral AOA than I possess. I think the KK DC XT was probably just too light for me. I had a 60 TX and a 70 TX, like I have in the XD, better suits my tempo. With XD I am actually seeing a low/mid launch with very low spin. It climbs quickly, falls slowly then when it lands it just keeps running. I have been hitting some balls to spots on the course I haven't seen in a few years. I think it feels fine. I think Toll described it as "crisp" and I think that's a good description. It's not smooth, and it's not rebar. I do think it is flying under the radar with all the Tour use of the Pro Orange, but it is a monster.

Callaway Rogue ST 💎💎💎 LS 9* Ventus Black 6X (green dot adapter set to 7*)

Maverik Sub Zero 13.5 Ventus Blue 7X

Apex UW 19* Ventus Blue 8X

Callaway X Forged 4-PW Modus 125X

Apex MB Gap Wedge  50* Modus 125X

Vokey 56S & 60L TT Tour Issue S400

Scotty Cameron 2012 Select Newport

More range time today - put the m3 weights in a different spot and loving the baby draws I'm getting. One weight forward all the way, one to draw.

Mid launch, high apex bombs that dont come down. End of the range has trees at 300 - was carrying it to the base of them when the breeze picked up, when it was down I was hitting them.

Impressed w the stability, and overall smoothness of this profile

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

More range time today - put the m3 weights in a different spot and loving the baby draws I'm getting. One weight forward all the way, one to draw.

Mid launch, high apex bombs that dont come down. End of the range has trees at 300 - was carrying it to the base of them when the breeze picked up, when it was down I was hitting them.

Impressed w the stability, and overall smoothness of this profile

That's exactly where I set my weights up as well.

So I’ve been playing the KK XT 70S for a few years and my swing speed has jumped this year to an average of 115. Also I’ve been swinging well and hittting the ball higher than normal. I reallly like the KK XT profile and I’m looking looking for a similar shaft lower launching and was tossing around the idea of the going with the KK XT 60 TX. Wondering if anyone has thoughts or a similar shaft change. I play a draw and don’t want to lose the ability to move the ball, but I’m thinking I need a bit stiffer shaft than what I’m playing right now to bring the flight down and tighten the draw up a bit.

So I’ve been playing the KK XT 70S for a few years and my swing speed has jumped this year to an average of 115. Also I’ve been swinging well and hittting the ball higher than normal. I reallly like the KK XT profile and I’m looking looking for a similar shaft lower launching and was tossing around the idea of the going with the KK XT 60 TX. Wondering if anyone has thoughts or a similar shaft change. I play a draw and don’t want to lose the ability to move the ball, but I’m thinking I need a bit stiffer shaft than what I’m playing right now to bring the flight down and tighten the draw up a bit.

The XD isn't going to launch lower than XT but it will spin less.

So I've been playing the KK XT 70S for a few years and my swing speed has jumped this year to an average of 115. Also I've been swinging well and hittting the ball higher than normal. I reallly like the KK XT profile and I'm looking looking for a similar shaft lower launching and was tossing around the idea of the going with the KK XT 60 TX. Wondering if anyone has thoughts or a similar shaft change. I play a draw and don't want to lose the ability to move the ball, but I'm thinking I need a bit stiffer shaft than what I'm playing right now to bring the flight down and tighten the draw up a bit.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, don't mind the mid launch at all but I've been seeing more movement on the draw and the ball spinning more with less roll out since I've been swinging quicker. I was thinking the switch to the XD in the 60 TX flex would lower the spin and tighten the draw a bit and if the launch is similar to what I'm currently getting with my the XT 70S than I think its a no brainer.

I wish I had access to test these out

I recently put a Tensei pro white 70g into my rogue sz and have had some really great drives with it. I had a rogue silver in it previously.

I just picked up a gmax 9deg driver last night. I have a tour 65 and 75 both in x. I really wasnt impressed with the 75 once I hit it. tip felt loose and whippy. I am thinking about buying a KKXD or a pro orange now. What would you guys recomend?

I have a hard transition that I am trying to smooth out and between 110-115 swing speed. Usualy a 260-270 carry with random much longer ones. when I am hitting well it is a sight push fade, miss is a big hook.

So I've been playing the KK XT 70S for a few years and my swing speed has jumped this year to an average of 115. Also I've been swinging well and hittting the ball higher than normal. I reallly like the KK XT profile and I'm looking looking for a similar shaft lower launching and was tossing around the idea of the going with the KK XT 60 TX. Wondering if anyone has thoughts or a similar shaft change. I play a draw and don't want to lose the ability to move the ball, but I'm thinking I need a bit stiffer shaft than what I'm playing right now to bring the flight down and tighten the draw up a bit.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, don't mind the mid launch at all but I've been seeing more movement on the draw and the ball spinning more with less roll out since I've been swinging quicker. I was thinking the switch to the XD in the 60 TX flex would lower the spin and tighten the draw a bit and if the launch is similar to what I'm currently getting with my the XT 70S than I think its a no brainer.

I would be happy to look over your numbers and make a recommendation if you are interested in a purchase.

Im enjoying my X-Stiff KKDC (non-tx) shaft in my Ping G400LST. Wouldnt mind a light more club head 'pop' feel through impact. Would the XD fit that catergory? I don't have much high end shaft experience.

115ish SS. Hard transition.

A touch of an early release which im working on.

I have 116-118 speed and a hard transition as well. Gaming the KK DC XT 70TX and very interested in people's experience with the XD shaft.

Im enjoying my X-Stiff KKDC (non-tx) shaft in my Ping G400LST. Wouldnt mind a light more club head 'pop' feel through impact. Would the XD fit that catergory? I don't have much high end shaft experience.

I have 116-118 speed and a hard transition as well. Gaming the KK DC XT 70TX and very interested in people's experience with the XD shaft.

I've played about 6 rounds with this shaft just to get a good feel and get some real world experience with it. It's definitely a very straight hitting to slight fade shaft. I don't ever hook it which is great. It stands up to whatever you want to throw at it, and performs best when you stay committed and aggressive. It's not anything even close to the loose category and stands up quite well to aggressive swings.

As for what exactly you need, I'd be happy to fit you when/if you are ready to make a purchase.

Trying to decide between the kk xd and tensei white shafts for an m3 440

I know the performance would work well with either but what are the main feel differences?

Pro white is softer in the butt section where XD is stiffer in that area. Both are tip stiff so very low spin, but the feel is certainly different in the handle.

I've played about 6 rounds with this shaft just to get a good feel and get some real world experience with it. It's definitely a very straight hitting to slight fade shaft. I don't ever hook it which is great. It stands up to whatever you want to throw at it, and performs best when you stay committed and aggressive. It's not anything even close to the loose category and stands up quite well to aggressive swings.

As for what exactly you need, I'd be happy to fit you when/if you are ready to make a purchase.

I just want to give a little feedback in regard of my experience with the XD 70 TX, and the XD 80 TX.

They feel considerably smoother than the Matrix Ozik 70M4 X black tie, which offered the tightest dispersion (and the best anti draw behavior) for me so far.

The funny thing is, that it seems to me, that the XD 80 is higher launching, than the XD 70...

...and I have the feeling, that they have slightly different bend profiles.

I think, that the XD 80 has maybe a stiffer tip section, but a softer mid section, than the XD 70.

Therefore the XD 80 seems to fit a tad better to my Nippon pro modus3 120 X shafts in my irons (at least in regard of the bend profile).

I would love to hear your thoughts in regard of the differences between the XD 70 and XD 80.

Just back from playing 27 hole with the 70 TX XD I picked up from TollBros

I can't even believe how good this shaft is for me and how much it has improved the already great g400 Max head.

I averaged today 278 yards, 323 longest drive with 50% fairways (I generally am around 35-40%). I had one drive that plugged into wet grass at 318 yards carry. Compared to the ping tour 65/75 shafts where I was averaging 10 yards less and longest drives were around 285-290 due to ballooning.

Feel to me is very stiff and not very active during the swing. I don't feel a ton or bend on my transition. Its in between my rogue silver and Tensei white pro, but more towards the Tensei. I was extremely worried after I had a few warm up swings with it that I was going to hate it. The performance is the most important aspect for me and this shaft/head combo is definitely kicking the Tensei white pro/Rogue SZ out and possibly to the BST.

Just back from playing 27 hole with the 70 TX XD I picked up from TollBros

I can't even believe how good this shaft is for me and how much it has improved the already great g400 Max head.

I averaged today 278 yards, 323 longest drive with 50% fairways (I generally am around 35-40%). I had one drive that plugged into wet grass at 318 yards carry. Compared to the ping tour 65/75 shafts where I was averaging 10 yards less and longest drives were around 285-290 due to ballooning.

Feel to me is very stiff and not very active during the swing. I don't feel a ton or bend on my transition. Its in between my rogue silver and Tensei white pro, but more towards the Tensei. I was extremely worried after I had a few warm up swings with it that I was going to hate it. The performance is the most important aspect for me and this shaft/head combo is definitely kicking the Tensei white pro/Rogue SZ out and possibly to the BST.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying the set up! It is a firm feeling shaft, however the performance is outstanding. Very low spin and very much anti hook.

Six rounds later and I am still in love with the XD in the g400 max.

I now am averaging 20 yards more (285y) vs a rogue SZ with a rogue silver shaft per game golf.

I have really been impressed with what the Kuro Kage can do. I still need to get on the GC2 at some point and see some numbers but outside it just long bombs.

Just popped a 60TX Kuro Kage XD in my G400 Max a few days ago. I played a round on Sunday and hit 11/14 fairways. Did not hook it once which was an issue with my Tensei Pro White and was hitting a baby fade on almost very drive. Really liking it especially considering I didn't have any range time before my round so I am really looking forward to getting it dialed in even more.