First time under par...kinda

CDG1029 ·  
CDG1029CDG1029 Members  171WRX Points: 0Handicap: 11.3Posts: 171
Went and played 9 on an executive course and shot a -1, 32. The course itself is a par 65 with a course rating of 51 so it isn’t a huge accomplishment, and it was only the front 9. But it felt fantastic seeing that under par at the end of the 9 holes. Had 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 2 bogeys. It was all in all a pretty clean round, the bogey came from a hole I was 6 yards from the pin but plugged in the rough and ended up with a 20’ par putt.

As an 11 cap, with the course rating I actually appear to have pretty much shot right to my handicap, but I’m not exactly sure how to calculate that as I only use my index for me to track my progress, and not for any completion. Is -1 about where I should have been, high, or low?
Posted:
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5*
Cobra F7 3W 13*
Titleist 915 H 18*
Bridgestone J40 DPC 4-9
Vokey SM6 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*
Scotty Circa '62 No. 3 putter
Bridgestone B Tour RX

Comments

• wrmillerwrmiller Members  1569WRX Points: 5Posts: 1,569 Bunkers
    Under par is under par, regardless of where you play. Congrats! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
    Posted:
    Primary bag:
    Titleist 913 D3 8.5
    Titleist 915Fd 13.5
    Titleist 913h 17
    Mizuno MP-18 4-PW
    Scratch wedges 50, 55, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter

Backup bag:
    Ping G400 9
    Ping G30 fw 13
    Ping G30 hybrid 19
    Ping iBlade 4-PW power spec
    Macgregor VIP wedges 51, 56, and 60
    Bettinardi mid-shank putter
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • ClarkGrswld4ClarkGrswld4 Members  1765WRX Points: 131Posts: 1,765 Platinum Tees
    how could a course be a par 65 with a course rating of 51?
    Posted:
  • gioguy21gioguy21 NJMembers  8153WRX Points: 1,379Handicap: +1.5 (1194646)Posts: 8,153 Titanium Tees
    CDG1029 wrote:

Went and played 9 on an executive course and shot a -1, 32. The course itself is a par 65 with a course rating of 51 so it isn’t a huge accomplishment, and it was only the front 9. But it felt fantastic seeing that under par at the end of the 9 holes. Had 1 eagle, 1 birdie, and 2 bogeys. It was all in all a pretty clean round, the bogey came from a hole I was 6 yards from the pin but plugged in the rough and ended up with a 20’ par putt.

As an 11 cap, with the course rating I actually appear to have pretty much shot right to my handicap, but I’m not exactly sure how to calculate that as I only use my index for me to track my progress, and not for any completion. Is -1 about where I should have been, high, or low?
    look at it this way --

did you come away from the round with a better outlook on your game? do you feel more confidence now?

if you can say yes to either of those things - don't sweat the smaller stuff; keep at it. confidence is a snow ball down a hill - (either good OR bad) build on the good and keep it rolling.

good shootin!
    Posted:

Tour M3 460 / 10.1* (set -2*) / RIPx 65TX tipped 2" playing 44.25"
    Epic Flash SZ / 3+ (set -1/N) / HZRDUS Smoke Black 75g 6.5 tipped 2"
    Epic CF17 3i / Tensei PW Hybrid 100TX
    Apex MB Chrome / 3-PW / Modus 130 X
    MD4 Chrome / 52, 56, 60 / DG 115 S200 (for now)
    Piretti Tour 801R / 35.5"
    SC Futura X Broomstick Putter experiment

• Sean2Sean2 Members  32670WRX Points: 2,925Posts: 32,670 Titanium Tees
    wrmiller wrote:

Under par is under par, regardless of where you play. Congrats! image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Yep. :-)
    Posted:

Treat yourself as if you were someone you are responsible for helping. Jordan Peterson

Too much sanity may be madness and the maddest thing of all is to see life as it is, and not as it should be. Cervantes

In golf, the human mind has much higher capabilities to screw things up than the physics has to make things better. Unknown

• GhostwedgeGhostwedge Members  710WRX Points: 97Handicap: 8.0Posts: 710 Golden Tee
    This reminds me of the guy who gets an ACE while playing by himself. Itʻs still an ACE.

You were playing on a golf course with real greens and more than all par 3's ( you said par 65 ) you shot 1 under.

Nice card for 9 holes.
    Posted:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.