Steelfiber Wedge Shafts

MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,598 ✭✭
edited Nov 28, 2018 in WRX Club Techs #1
Anyone know if the Steelfiber wedge shafts listed on their website are a new design or are they the same as they were before, ie PW shafts? I emailed a few days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Wanting just a bit firmer feel in the 125 stiffs in my wedges, and not sure how to accomplish that. I've got the PW shafts in mine currently.
Cobra LTD Pro HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Srixon Z U45 18, 20, 23 () (Testing Cobra F8 and Ping G 3 hybrids)
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
YES Milly - 100gm TLP. (Testing Ping Ketsch Mid)

Comments

• ebrasmus21ebrasmus21 Serial Shanker CAMembers Posts: 5,543 ✭✭
    Didn’t even realize they had wedge shafts.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    TM M3 - Rogue Silver 110MSI 70S
    21* Fourteen Type 7 Driving Iron - HZRDUS Black 6.5 105g
    4 - PW Mizuno MP 18 MMC - SteelFiber FC115
    50, 54, 60 RC Dual Bite - SteelFiber i125
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • MrFlapjackMrFlapjack Members Posts: 2,598 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

https://aerotechgolfshafts.com/product/steelfiber-wedge-shafts/
    Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX 7-PW, and Nike Vapor Fly 4-6 irons)
    RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff) (Testing Cleveland CBX wedges 48, 52, 56 bent to 50, 54, 58)
    MrFlapjack wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

Don’t get how these are different than my i125s
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Wondering if they are lower launch, stiffer etc, or if they are the same.
    MrFlapjack wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

That's what I'm trying to figure out. Wondering if they are lower launch, stiffer etc, or if they are the same.

Now I’m interested too. Just thought it was the natural progression of the iron set.
    G400 LST - TPT proto
    Evnroll ER5
    Snell MTB Black
  • shellbmbshellbmb Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    I asked AT this very same question and they did respond to me. The shafts listed in the "wedge" section of their website are the same wedge shafts from the set, but they are different from the 9 iron shafts. I know some companies' 9i and wedge shaft from the set are the same. They recommend the same wedge shaft in the PW and all of your wedges.

Now a note of interest, they do make a i125cw in an R flex wedge shaft, but they don't make a full set. So if you want a little heavier, but softer wedge shaft, they do offer this. Think X100/S400 in Dynamic Gold. So maybe i110cw S in the set, and i125cs R in the wedges. Just a thought.
    M4 Kuro Kage XD 60 TX
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
  • CwebbCwebb Members Posts: 5,947 ✭✭
    edited Nov 29, 2018 #8
    Firmer feel than 125 'S' in your wedges....not sure how you'll do that in graphite with the same bend profile, unless you drop down in weight to the 110 'X'...and use some 8i shafts.

Otherwise, I'd go to steel shafts with Prosoft inserts......probably Dynamic Gold X100 8i shafts, to get that firmer feel you're looking for, while also maintaining high weight.

Another option in steel for a close bend profile match, would be the 'standard' Project X 5.5....yes 5.5 (it will be firm enough), which is a 115g design
  • shellbmbshellbmb Members Posts: 252 ✭✭
    MrFlapjack wrote:

Anyone know if the Steelfiber wedge shafts listed on their website are a new design or are they the same as they were before, ie PW shafts? I emailed a few days ago but haven't heard back yet.

Wanting just a bit firmer feel in the 125 stiffs in my wedges, and not sure how to accomplish that. I've got the PW shafts in mine currently.

Why not just try a 125 X-stiff to try and achieve a firmer feel? But I agree with Cwebb, that you might have to go steel. X100 with prosoft. But isn't the 8i shaft trick to try and get more spin, so a softer feel?
    M4 Kuro Kage XD 60 TX
    Taylormade M2 15 Kuro Kage DC XM 70 TX
    Titeist 818h2 19 Atmos Blue
    Srixon z785 KBS Tour V
    Ping Glide Stealth 54/60
    TM Spider Sightline Face Balanced
    shellbmb wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

Why not just try a 125 X-stiff to try and achieve a firmer feel? But I agree with Cwebb, that you might have to go steel. X100 with prosoft. But isn't the 8i shaft trick to try and get more spin, so a softer feel?

Been thinking about 125X. Might order one to try out. Really dont want to move back to steel.
    shellbmb wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

For someone who plays 'S' flex, it won't be a "softer" feel. A DG 8i shaft installed in a wedge, just results in soft-stepped twice
    MrFlapjack wrote:

shellbmb wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

Been thinking about 125X. Might order one to try out. Really dont want to move back to steel.

I didn't realize the i125 was available in 'X'. Maybe try an 8i shaft in one of those? The 'X' straight in would probably feel too firm as compared to your irons in 'S'
  • mrlongballmrlongball Members Posts: 745 ✭✭
    ebrasmus21 wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

https://aerotechgolf...r-wedge-shafts/

they dont differ and Aerotech doesnt make a "wedge" shaft its simply the PW from the different sets (i.e i95 i110 i125). I play the i110 X in my irons and the 125X in my wedges and while Its ok in my 59 with plenty of feel in partial shors, I am struggling with them in my 54. I spin the ball a fair bit to begin with, which doesnt help how high I hit it as it spins up into the air, but I just hit it so **** high. I want something more peircing a flat. and the ability to flight the ball more.

If you are a person looking for hieght with your wedges and spin plus NO vibration these are awesome!
    mrlongball wrote:

ebrasmus21 wrote:

MrFlapjack wrote:

they dont differ and Aerotech doesnt make a "wedge" shaft its simply the PW from the different sets (i.e i95 i110 i125). I play the i110 X in my irons and the 125X in my wedges and while Its ok in my 59 with plenty of feel in partial shors, I am struggling with them in my 54. I spin the ball a fair bit to begin with, which doesnt help how high I hit it as it spins up into the air, but I just hit it so **** high. I want something more peircing a flat. and the ability to flight the ball more.

If you are a person looking for hieght with your wedges and spin plus NO vibration these are awesome!

I think your only option would be to tip the shafts 3/8 to 1/2" if the shafts allow it..