Tell me whats good and whats bad

druski10

Big high slice? Swing plane and body rotation look great, but on your takeaway you over rotate your hands and the clubface is wide open and stays open.

A good checkpoint is when the club shaft is parallel to the ground, the clubface should be at the same angle as your spine (pointing down towards the ground slightly). For you the toe of the club is pointing straight up in the air = open face turkey sandwich

Do you compete? College player? Solid mid-am? How old are you? Lowest competitive round? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

Lol interesting pics posted there.....

Don't see much wrong with the swing if you're playing a cut and do it consistently. The open parts mentioned above produce that so I wouldn't change that. Now, if you're going down the rabbit hole to try to hit it straight or draw it, I'd say practice keeping that club face more square to the ball at shaft parallel. It always looked funny to me because it looks shut but it's really neutral to path. Then once you've done this and lost your cut and start a 2 way miss, go back to the cut and go shoot - 10 again lol.

• Like 1

5M3YTXKAKWK5.jpgDRUSKI: This is exciting for someone like me who is a golf swing technique junkie. The first point I will make is after looking at the first dozen pictures you posted, they could be really helpful but the camera needs to be directly behind you. Being located on a slight angle cannot give us the most accurate visual feedback. With that said, here is my opinion analysis which I hope is helpful to you. Having spent several years as a club professional I believe what I am going to tell you will have some solid merit as I have spent hours upon hours teaching and studying swings (still do to this day). This post from me will be a bit lengthy but I love talking about golf swings lol.

**If you are truly looking to make a "change" to your swing, my first question is always why you are desiring to do so. Because if your profile is accurate stating you are a (+2 HDCP), then where are you legitimately seeing loss of scoring or score-saving opportunities?

**If your swing motion is consistent, even for high-level players, making a change will take a significant amount of time. You will in all likelihood regress before getting better, this scoring regression could take months or years depending on your level of commitment to practicing new positions and motions. And unfortunately I see a few things which will take a lot of time to change if you want to upgrade your action. I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE WITH SOME ANALYSIS NOTES OF YOUR PHOTOS, PARDON SOME OF THE CRUDENESS I DON'T HAVE A VIDEO OF YOUR SWING FOR MY SOFTWARE.

These photos remind me of two things, A) Matt Kuchar pretty consistently and B) Tiger Woods when he was younger and would get stuckSlide #1 shows me that you are set up to hit a shot moving right in all likelihood (or a hook if you got more handsy), as that is what the odds tell us based on analytics of golf swings. Even from the side angle of the picture we can see your foot line and shoulders are on different aim points. From this picture, my first thought would be that you are slicing or fading the shot. THIS WOULD BE THE FIRST FIX TO MAKE, GET FEET & SHOULDERS ON PARALLEL LINES.Slide # 2 we see the face of the club has immediately opened to the setup position due to intentional hand rotation and into Slide # 3 we see that you have killed a bunch of the potential width by taking a Ledbetter move to the "A" style swing of a very abrupt upward motion with the clubhead.Slide #5, 6, 7 are particularly important to analyze because they tell a big story. The flatter the plane of the club in correlation to the shoulders and spine, the less opportunity there is to allow the hands to "drop in" on the downswing. Kuchar is a great example of this because he has a very flat swing plane and for a guy who is well over 6'foot tall he is significantly average in length. This is because he cannot generate extra speed during the downswing as his right elbow has no room to "right the bell". You are in the same situation. When you look at Slide #6-7, you will see that your only ability to hit the ball consistently is going to be the result of good timing to stay behind everything up to contact and play a shot shape with has to go right. Not saying it is wrong or bad, Fred Couples had a nice career playing a "push" as did David Duval (although he is another story all together).Slide #7 shows me that a shot to the right has to happen here. Thankfully your face is open in this moment because a snap hook would be looming otherwise. This image shows that you cannot "exit stage left" the way I would want to see you to hit a more consistent exit path. The open face, open exit, and stuck position through impact all require you hit a shot which moves as a fade or block.Slide #11 & 12 show high-hands and a high right shoulder, typical of someone who is hitting a fade (for a right hander). If either of those ended up too low at this point you would have hooked it.These are just some of my initial analysis, I tried to get all the slides on one page together I hope it attached okay. If you want to keep doing what your doing, if you play to a +2 at your home club that is one thing, but does your current golf swing travel to other courses? There is nothing wrong with your action, I do in all honesty see a lot of room to create improvement, efficiency, consistency, and speed. I'd be happy to dive into that more in depth, feel free to send me a message on here or my e-mail: [email protected]

Cheers mate,

-Burk

Hey thanks for you comments. Great insight. I think for me I just see areas where I can improve. One being distance and swing speed. I am not short by any means but I feel like especially just looking at hand position at the top of the swing I can easily add more speed. The other thing that I have always fiddled with over the years is to try and eliminate a big rolling motion through the ball. I honestly haven't had a formal lesson in a long time. I played golf at Utah State for 4 years and have considered the idea of maybe hitting up mini tours. I think I am defiantly good enough when I am hitting it well it's just the consistency is what has always plagued me. In college it seemed like every outing or tournament I would shoot a low score in the red followed by a 3-5 over round. I would never be super off just a few bad misses here or there.

I want to see what changes I could make in order to see more consistency. At the same time I don't want to mess to much with what I got.

Would you agree that I need a higher hands with square base?

Ok, so I took the liberty of setting you up side-by-side with the GOAT (sorry lol, that's who I always use because technical points are so good with him. I am a visual learner and I believe these visuals here will give you great feedback as to what your motion looks like.

Your motion on the takeaway is an "under the ball" move which creates an "over-the-ball" move on the way down from the top. If you review the youtube video you posted and watch you will see your first move from the top is over your shoulder instead of dropping down.

The takeaway and motion to the top is only ever going to allow you the inability to "drop inside" effectively because you lose space on the takeaway and to the top.

On the way down because your motion is over the ball, you either have to play a "push" or you are going to hook the ball really bad.

Now, here are the side by sides for you:

GOJWNTIB28CH.jpg** Slides 2 & 3 here are very telling of how this is all going to go. Notice how closed your feet line is to the stick you have on the ground. You can see you have lost a lot of adequate spacing and ability to generate speed. Your hands have become way too active way too early causing your body to get all out of alignment. The face of the club is wide open to path and slide 3 shows your motion path is so far underneath where you would ideally want it.

20TND75LT3MY.jpgSlide 5 might look okay at first glance, but notice how much smaller the "triangle" is for you because of the flat-under nature of how you got to the top. This leads you to only a very minimal window of proper motion transfer.

Slide 6 you will see with the shaft line that because your body is coming in so flat to the ball that there is a tremendous loss of efficiency and energy. From this position you are "Stuck" and in order to get anything out of this, you have to stay underneath and make big manipulations with your hands to catch up.

B1N04YIAUCB1.jpgThese last slides should be a great visual. Particularly slide #8 you can see that the face of your club is wide open and you need to have a massive amount of hand influence here to get square. If not that ball is going straight right. Notice too how flat you are exiting the box.

Alright, I hope this helps a lot to create some positive visualization. Here is what I would recommend if you were looking to gain power and precision.

1.When practicing (this can be used from everything beginning with pitch shots up to full driver swings), you need more than one stick on the ground. The ideal way to make sure alignment is appropriate is to have a stick for your feet, ball position, and ball path.

2.Work on one thing each day. So in this instance, if I were you wanting a change, my first priority is practicing deliberate takeaway movements using alignment sticks. Don't even worry about anything else initially, because learning to control everything on the takeaway is critical. You have to kill the motion you have of the hands getting active early and make sure everything shifts together as one piece for as long as possible.

3.You have to ingrain and reteach your body the proper movements. I like to break the swing into parts, take it part by part. Take slides #2 & #3 from Tiger and work on that to begin with.

Cheers,

-Burk