Planning a Golf Trip

Where should I go???
I'm attempting to plan a golf trip with a bunch of my buddies and I'm looking for suggestions on the best places to go and play.
- Taylor Made M3 10.5* Tour AD-IZ 6x
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Callaway Rogue SZ 15* Matrix Black Tie[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Titleist 915H 20* Diamana S+[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Titleist 716 AP2 4-P DG Tour Issue X100[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Vokey SM7 52* 56* 60* DG Tour Issue Black Onyx[/font]
[font=trebuchet ms,helvetica,sans-serif]- Taylor Made Spider Tour Black[/font]

Comments

• dmboakdmboak Members Posts: 1,095
    Depending on the time of year you go...

Spring, I love to go to the RTJ Trail in Alabama. A ton of great courses across the state and well priced also. Have a central location to start from and take a few mini-trips during the week and play some super golf.

Myrtle Beach has about 150 courses and a great deal of them are really nice. Again, good prices on a lot of courses and some expensve ones for the ballers.
  • mljones99mljones99 Members Posts: 1,842 ✭✭
    Pinehurst
  • DOUGLYDOUGLY Members Posts: 105
    The correct answer is Bandon Dunes.
  • SimpSimp Members Posts: 2,908 ✭✭
    wrayner wrote on Aug 25 2006, 07:41 AM:

I'm attempting to plan a golf trip with a bunch of my buddies and I'm looking for suggestions on the best places to go and play.

There's really no right or wrong answer as it depends on what time of the year you're planning this trip. If it's a winter trip I'd suggest Palm Springs. You won't find better weather anywhere in the US in the winter time. Even Myrtle Beach is a **** shoot in the winter time. If it's a spring/summer trip then Myrtle would be hard to beat along with Ocean City, Md. Again, it all depends on when and how much you want to spend because those two definitely go hand in hand. Simp
    WITB
    G400 LST 10°
    VSteel 13°
    Adams Idea Pro 20°
    Adams Idea Pro 23°
    Mizuno MP18 SC's Fli-Hi 4&5
    Cleveland RTX3 50,54 & 60
    TaylorMade Spider Mini
  • GolfinnovaGolfinnova Paiute Wolf Members Posts: 1,017
    All of the previous posts are good. One question for you to consider is what you guys are going to do when not golfing? For that, you may want to consider Vegas. The golf is great at reasonable rates then you have the gambling and nightlife, flights are very attractive if you book enough in advance.
  • TMLTML Members Posts: 1,792 ✭✭
    Bandon Dunes.

Pacific Dunes was #1 on Golf Magazine's Top 100 in the US you can play. Pebble Beach was #2, and all 3 courses at Bandon were in the top 10.
  • FairwayFredFairwayFred Sponsors Posts: 3,983 ✭✭
    Bandon Dunes no question about it. Anywhere else you go you will play inferior golf.
    FREE AGENT CLUB HO NO MO!
    Ari Techner
    National Custom Works nationalcustomworks.com
    [email protected]
    IG: @nationalcustom
    Twitter: @WorksNational
    (still a huge club HO)
  • cubuffscubuffs Members Posts: 390 ✭✭
    Would help if we knew a bit more about what you are looking for (i.e, time of year and your budget). If money is available, you will not be disapointed with Bandon. I have not had a chance to play the new course Bandon Trails, but was amazed at both Bandon and Pacific Dunes. If money is a little more tight, it is hard to beat either the RTJ Golf Trail or Myrtle Beach.
  • matt411matt411 Members Posts: 751
    scottsdale or vegas. no chance of rain outs.
  • retepretep Members Posts: 639
    so far we've done either with friends or the wife,

myrtle beach (trailor trash element, not easy for everyone to get to)

palm springs in the summer (hot as ****, but cheap and great courses)

scottsdale - great but not that cheap

miami area - rains in the afternoons seasonally, lots of water courses

want to do pinehurst next or bandon as mentioned previously...

i assume the B means you are in boston. so if your friends are there also, and you are figuring 3-4 nights? you need somewhere easy to get to for everyone, i guess that is what i would look at , places with direct flights OR close airport and a drive... Give us an update when you book and go, i'm always interested in other peopel's experiences... for us, bandon is long flight from dulles and a transfer probably or direct to portland??? and a few hour drive, so need that to be a longer trip than 3 nights for that much effort. i had a spreadsheet of the costs somewhere i gotta look for it, pm me if you want it, to figure out costs a bit for splitting rental car, courses, food estimates, etc... so you can estaime for the people. good luck!!!! peter
  • rymackrymack Members Posts: 95
    If your not opposed to going oversees, I just went to Scotland and it was the greatest golf trip you can ever take. Plenty to do outside of playing golf, and depending on when you go you can play up until 9:00-10:00 at night.

If you want to consider this I can help with booking also.
  • GehenHerzogGehenHerzog Members Posts: 779
    dmboak wrote on Aug 25 2006, 07:46 AM:

Depending on the time of year you go...

Spring, I love to go to the RTJ Trail in Alabama. A ton of great courses across the state and well priced also. Have a central location to start from and take a few mini-trips during the week and play some super golf.

Myrtle Beach has about 150 courses and a great deal of them are really nice. Again, good prices on a lot of courses and some expensve ones for the ballers.

Don't go to Myrtle Beach...go to Hilton Head....well maybe not because a lot of the courses on Hilton Head are private.