2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Golf Pet-Peeves

hokiey2k

I play a lot as a single, and like to play around 2-4 in the afternoon, after the peak tee times. I can't stand slow play, because it might result in me not getting 18 in.

Other then that, not much bothers me a lot, except when others take my ball, with the reasoning that "no one can hit it that far" or some thing like that. It's clearly not your ball, and there are lots of other golfers around, maybe, just maybe, it's one of theirs, and they'd rather you not pick it up to examine it, or God forbid put it in your bag.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only things that really wind me up when golfing are rude people (hitting into my group when we're stuck waiting for the group behind, or people who are just too damn cool to acknowledge anyone else), really slow pace of play, and not fixing your divots and ball marks.

I can ignore and accept darn near anything else. Heck, if you're focussed on your golf, then that stuff shouldn't bother you. I had a playing partner actually wave his putter's shadow between my ball and the hole when putting and I honestly didn't even notice it. Heck, compare golf to cycling and golf is waaaaaaaay less stress and craziness. :drinks:

The only things that really wind me up when golfing are rude people (hitting into my group when we're stuck waiting for the group behind, or people who are just too damn cool to acknowledge anyone else), really slow pace of play, and not fixing your divots and ball marks.

I can ignore and accept darn near anything else. Heck, if you're focussed on your golf, then that stuff shouldn't bother you. I had a playing partner actually wave his putter's shadow between my ball and the hole when putting and I honestly didn't even notice it. Heck, compare golf to cycling and golf is waaaaaaaay less stress and craziness. :ok:

If you didn't notice the shadow, how did you know about it? :drinks:

these pet peeves really make me mad...

1. guy plays bad golf and has a 6 incher left and putts it in the hole for like 9.

2. guy misses a 1 footer, and stares at the ball.

3. guy steps in my line beacuse hes oblivious to the game.

4. guy hits big slice on everyhole.

5. guy says after i make a bad shot, what happened there?

6. guy plays me for money and at the end of the round says i dont have any singles.

7. guy gives me advice about hitting a certain shot that i didnt pull off all that great.

8. bad players ask to see my clubs and hit them. never!!!i mean never will i ever let another hack touch my gear, EVER

9. when guys on the practice putting green fisnish off 6 inch putts.

10. guys that miss easy putts.

11. loud mouth losers that try to intimadate you with thier length.

12. guys that scream ahhhhhh or cuss after hitting a bad shot.

13. guys that hit huge slices.

14. guys that have camerons that cant putt.

15. guys that play top end balls that suck.

16. guys that play tp head that suck.

17. guys that play stiff shafts that swing slow.

18. guys that give stupid advice. i never listen, i just say ok. this happens all the time. stupid hack loser i hate you.

19. guys that say cmon make it. make this putt.wtf you think im trying to do loser?

20.guys that cant chip.

21. guys that drink on the course. i will not play with you.

22. cart girls that pull up when your swinging.

23. cart girls that wont leave you after you get a drink.

24. guys that like to talk alot about stupid stuff. one time in a match this guy asks me if i knew pluto the planet had 3 moons. wtf? leave me alone loser.

25.guys that dress bad. and girls too, trashy people.

26. jeans, cut offs,

27. guys that cant never find thier ball.

28. ihate it whn somwone says i hit tha bad beacuse....like i duffed it heeled it...i know what u did loser. u suck. dont talk.

29. people that swear and throw clubs.

30. guys that dont know what tending the flag means.

31. guys that never replace the flag. i always seem to be the one.

32. guys that play plastic tees.

33. guys that play titanium balls.

34. guys thatwhine and moan after a bad shot.

35. guys that ask me how did you do that? practise idiot. what else?

36. guys that smoke weed and play.

37. guys that play too fast for me. i play fast but not soo super fast , i hate being rushed.

38. guys that use belly putters but never make any putts, or never get the ball to the hole.

39. guys that play colored golf balls besides white.

40. guys that cant hit cut lob shots.

41. guys that think thier good but really suck bad. so many of these guys around here in fla.

42. guys on the chipping green that skull shots at me.

43. guys on the chipping green that pick up my marked balls, so blantaly marked, huge red circles around maker.

44. uys that mark balls on green with nickels if thier near my line. use a dime loser.

45. guys that dont rake traps.

46. guys that cant get out of the sand. then finally when they do say "thats what i wanted to do!' NO S!@# loser.

47.guys that always miss greens right with slices.

48. guys that stare at the ball when they miss a putt. like confused or something.

49. guys that sniff after they beat you on a hole. like thier all huge or something.

50. guys that play golf that cant break 110.

ok thats all. good day!!

1. guy plays bad golf and has a 6 incher left and putts it in the hole for like 9.

6. guy plays me for money and at the end of the round says i dont have any singles.

7. guy gives me advice about hitting a certain shot that i didnt pull off all that great.

8. bad players ask to see my clubs and hit them. never!!!i mean never will i ever let another hack touch my gear, EVER

18. guys that give stupid advice. i never listen, i just say ok. this happens all the time. stupid hack loser i hate you.

19. guys that say cmon make it. make this putt.wtf you think im trying to do loser?

20.guys that cant chip.

24. guys that like to talk alot about stupid stuff. one time in a match this guy asks me if i knew pluto the planet had 3 moons. wtf? leave me alone loser.

26. jeans, cut offs,

28. ihate it whn somwone says i hit tha bad beacuse....like i duffed it heeled it...i know what u did loser. u suck. dont talk.

37. guys that play too fast for me. i play fast but not soo super fast , i hate being rushed.

38. guys that use belly putters but never make any putts, or never get the ball to the hole.

41. guys that think thier good but really suck bad. so many of these guys around here in fla.

43. guys on the chipping green that pick up my marked balls, so blantaly marked, huge red circles around maker.

44. uys that mark balls on green with nickels if thier near my line. use a dime loser.

46. guys that cant get out of the sand. then finally when they do say "thats what i wanted to do!' NO S!@# loser.

48. guys that stare at the ball when they miss a putt. like confused or something.

49. guys that sniff after they beat you on a hole. like thier all huge or something.

ok thats all. good day!!

I hate people with more than 49 pet-peeves - they suck and they're just asking for trouble :drinks: :ok:

I can ignore and accept darn near anything else. Heck, if you're focussed on your golf, then that stuff shouldn't bother you. I had a playing partner actually wave his putter's shadow between my ball and the hole when putting and I honestly didn't even notice it. Heck, compare golf to cycling and golf is waaaaaaaay less stress and craziness. :ok:

If you didn't notice the shadow, how did you know about it? :drinks:

Because after I holed the putt, he and our buddy started laughing their butts off and then said "man, we can't believe you didn't ask me to move!" "huh?" "I was waving my putter's shadow over your line" "you were?"

Jeeeeez people.

a couple more...

Canadian geese dumplings all over the putting green.

The guys that asks how much something in you bag costs and then shakes thier head... leave me alone its my thing, I already get that from my wife.

I hope you're not blaming Canada for the s**t on your greens :drinks: For me its the guy who says"I've never done that before as he hammers his 3-iron straight into the ground for the fifth time in front of us.

1. two couples playing in a foursome and they do not group up with the two guys in one cart and the two girls in the other.

2. people playing from the wrong tees

3. people that do not understand the concept of ready golf.........

4. .....which ties into slow play--played a round a few weeks ago. 5 hours, 12 holes and I went home.

5. range advise from a 25+ handicapper

6. someone telling me how for they can hit their wedge. "how close to the pin can you get it?"

7. My best friend wiggles his feet like he is in a bunker as a pre-putt routine. It drives me nuts because it tears up the green and he just leaves it.

1) 20 something handicaps betting so much money they will not give each other a 6 inch putt.

2) A clueless starter. Far too many of them do nto realize they can make or break a round before you even start.

3) People waiting to hit a 2nd shot on a par 5 from 300 yards out. If the drive did not go 300, what makes them think the fairway shot will?

4) High handicap player who thinks new clubs will improve his score faster than lessons.

And too many more to list..........................

8. bad players ask to see my clubs and hit them. never!!!i mean never will i ever let another hack touch my gear, EVER.......................................................... on a hole. like thier all huge or something.

ok thats all. good day!!

Was that a serious post? People who play slow, people who play too fast, people who hit it right, people who hit it left ...?

Even if you're on tour, there's someone who's better than you. Little bit of humility goes a long way....

I don't have a ton;

People who throw clubs. However, I do find it funny when the guy in front of you throws his club like a battle axe after most every at his cart, misses and has to walk 20 to 30 feet to get it.

People who hit into you.

People who begin the round talking about how they'll shoot a 65, then at the turn talk about how they're going to "turn it on", then after shoot what they have down as a 90(prefered lie, deciding after they miss a 6 footer they'll give themself the putt, treating OB the same as water, and the like)

That really it. For the most part, I'm there with my iPod on, wearing some sort of crazy pants, bright shirt, white belt, using pink tee's, talking to my self like I'm losing it. (cool) Letting everyone with a billion peeves beat themselves, rather than me having to do any of the work.

I only have a few peevs;

- First and foremost I hate when work gets in the way of playing golf.

- I hate when people complain about how expensive someones elses gear is (particularly of high handicappers) and then say they don't allow others to test their gear because it's too expensive.

- Rednecks making statements or giving fashion advice about what someone else wears on the course (usually the redneck is the one wearing jeans, t-shirt and sneakers on the course)

- Course architects that put far too many fairway bunkers and/or water hazards into a course. It's a golf course, not a beach....

I HAVE JUST A FEW.

SLOW PLAY AND BALL MARKS NOT BEING FIXED. JUST THE NORMAL ONES.

BUT THE PERSON THAT HITS A BAD DRIVE AND WAITS FOR THE GREEN TO CLEAR FROM 300 YARDS OUT I DONT MIND UNLESS HE ALWAYS HITS A DRIVE UNDER 250. BECAUSE I HAVE HIT A BAD DRIVE AND BEEN 300 OUT AND HIT THE GREEN. BUT OF COURSE IF THIS A REGULAR THING THEN YES IT MAKES ME FURIOUS.

ALSO THE GROUP THAT RUSHES UP BEHIND YOU ON THE TEE AND THEY PULL OUT THERE DRIVER AND ACT MAD CAUSE YOU WONT LET THEM PLAY THROUGH EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE SLOW GROUPS ON THE NEXT FOUR HOLES. NOT MY FAULT. DEAL WITH IT I HAVE TO.

Taylormade M1
Titleist 913F 13*
Mizuno MP-54
Vokey 52 and 56
Piretti Potenza II

Here are a couple of mine:

THINGS THAT OTHERS DO:

- "RE-PUTTING" A MISSED PUTT. -- You missed because you put a bad stroke on it, your ball followed the laws of physics (yes, the green really DOES break that way, and will again and again and again), and the re-putting the putt won't change anything. This isn't the practice green, and you can't get the stroke back, so pick up your ball and keep moving.

THINGS THAT I DO:

- USING THE WRONG CLUB BECAUSE IT'S WHAT YOU HAVE AND THE CART IS TOO FAR AWAY. -- Stupid, stupid, stupid! Wanting to score well and being too lazy to get the right club just don't go together. Stupid...

(I've got plenty of others, but these are two that really do bug the hell out of me. LOL)

/< / /2 /<

I hate ugly people on the golfcourse - don't like skinny pale people, fat slow sweatty people and I hate people who don't dress in the most expensive & stylish cloths you can buy for money.

I hate people who don't hit their drives at least 300 yards straight - and only use a fade or a draw when needed. If they can't hit the driver 300 yards straight when needed, they should be banned from the golf club.

I hate when people don't put & chip perfectly. A guy who 4 puts or hits his chip thin should be excluded from the course immediately.

I hate people who drink or smoke on the course. I also hate people in general who don't know when to speak and when to shut the F_ck up.

I hate golfers who can't play to scratch or better. These guys should be expelled from the golf course by the local police before they even tee it up.

I also hate people who plays with cheap 2 piece balls and crappy NON TOUR equipment. If they can't afford or can't use tour gear, they should be expelled immediately from the golf club.

Finally: People who plays golf should look like models and have perfect one plane swings with perfect finish.

People who even thinks of using brush tees and irons covers should be shot at sight.

I hate ugly people on the golfcourse - don't like skinny pale people, fat slow sweatty people and I hate people who don't dress in the most expensive & stylish cloths you can buy for money.

I hate people who don't hit their drives at least 300 yards straight - and only use a fade or a draw when needed. If they can't hit the driver 300 yards straight when needed, they should be banned from the golf club.

I hate when people don't put & chip perfectly. A guy who 4 puts or hits his chip thin should be excluded from the course immediately.

I hate people who drink or smoke on the course. I also hate people in general who don't know when to speak and when to shut the F_ck up.

I hate golfers who can't play to scratch or better. These guys should be expelled from the golf course by the local police before they even tee it up.

I also hate people who plays with cheap 2 piece balls and crappy NON TOUR equipment. If they can't afford or can't use tour gear, they should be expelled immediately from the golf club.

Finally: People who plays golf should look like models and have perfect one plane swings with perfect finish.

People who even thinks of using brush tees and irons covers should be shot at sight.

Don't hate............It's not nice :idhitit:

I hate it when the guys don't let me win. (cool)

I hate it because I can't hit it 250 yards. :smilie_titty:

Miura PP-9003 PW-6 iron w/SmacWrap 780 F3

Taylormade Stealth 10.5* w/KBS TD 50 Oh, and Ventus Red "made for"

Taylormade SIM 2  21 degree w/Ventus Blue

Taylormade Stealth Rescue 22* w/Ventus Blue

Callaway X-Tour raw - 52 w/DG steel

Taylormade MYMG 3 - 56 w/KBS C-Taper Lite 

Dave Whitlam Anser 

20.guys that cant chip.

26. jeans, cut offs,

ok thats all. good day!!

:smilie_titty: (cool)

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red

(cool) :smilie_titty::idhitit:

TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 9* Even Flow Blue 60X
Taylor Made Sim 2 Ti 15* Tensei 80 S
Srixon ZX Utility 3 Diamana Thump X

Srixon ZX5 4-7 Nippon NS Pro 120X

Srixon ZX7 8-A Nippon NS Pro 120X

Mizuno T22 56, 60 KBS C-Taper 120S
Taylor Made Spider Tour Red