The $5000 TaylorMade SLDR Guarantee - 20 GolfWRXers. 4 Locations. Details here!

I like what you're saying there Bob and I totally agree. I will accept anything on the FW and up to 10 or 15 feet off the FW as a GOOD drive for me. I have said it before, but Driver accuracy is the WORST part of my game. I can pummel a drive 325, but if it is in the woods, behind a tree, in a ditch, in the water, or out in the reeds somewhere, what is the point?

I do totally agree there should be an accuracy measurement as well, bc if I gained 10 yds of accuracy, nearer the FW, but only gained a yard or two, maybe even lost a yard or two, I would consider it a win for TM. The low spin SLDR "should" help me with that accuracy I think , as less spin equals distance AND less left or right on my shots as well...is the theory I believe...

TM M4 10.5 Mitsubishi Rayon Tensei White 70X
Callaway Rogue 4 wood Hzrdus Yellow 6.5
TM Stage 2 tour hybrid 22* Altus 85X
SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everybody is making some good comments on dispersion. The best way to handle it is to take the tester's dispersion numbers using his/her original driver and compare that data to the dispersion data from the SLDR driver. If the two groups are similar then it really just comes down to a distance comparison. I'll be interested to see how TM handles identification of statistical outliers in the data.

And yes, I have already made the comment to our group that the range at Reynolds is only 300 yards long. I assume that they will bring in the GA Highway Patrol and block off a few roads before we start testing. Or at least issue helmets to those downrange.

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1396361994' post='8993867']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1396348714' post='8992863']
Forgive me if this has been asked/ answered already... will this impact the participant's amateur status at all?

Sent from my iPhone using GolfWRX Mobile
[/quote]

Great question! For me NO and that's being said with a smile as big as your Avatar!
[/quote]

I was just curious. It would suck to make $300 from this trip and find out that you aren't able to play in your buddy's club's invitational or the Wednesday night beer league.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

I hope their balls are 100% expendable at Reynolds. I plan on nuking everything at least 30 yards over the range. IN THE AIR.

Just kidding.
But seriously

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1396363931' post='8994095']
[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1396361994' post='8993867']
[quote name='GoIrish17' timestamp='1396348714' post='8992863']
Forgive me if this has been asked/ answered already... will this impact the participant's amateur status at all?

[/quote]

Great question! For me NO and that's being said with a smile as big as your Avatar!
[/quote]

I was just curious. It would suck to make $300 from this trip and find out that you aren't able to play in your buddy's club's invitational or the Wednesday night beer league.
[/quote]

This is so true! I have it figured out though....stay tuned

3-2. Prize Limits

7c8ba00f-6fa0-4668-a623-0669d51297db.gifa. General

An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of $750 or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as may be decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions.

Exception: Hole-in-one prizes – see Rule 3-2b.

Note 1: The prize limits apply to any form of golf competition, whether on a golf course, driving range or golf simulator, including nearest the hole and longest drive competitions.

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1396363377' post='8994027']
I like what you're saying there Bob and I totally agree. I will accept anything on the FW and up to 10 or 15 feet off the FW as a GOOD drive for me. I have said it before, but Driver accuracy is the WORST part of my game. I can pummel a drive 325, but if it is in the woods, behind a tree, in a ditch, in the water, or out in the reeds somewhere, what is the point?

I do totally agree there should be an accuracy measurement as well, bc if I gained 10 yds of accuracy, nearer the FW, but only gained a yard or two, maybe even lost a yard or two, I would consider it a win for TM. The low spin SLDR "should" help me with that accuracy I think , as less spin equals distance AND less left or right on my shots as well...is the theory I believe...
[/quote]

Not sure if we should be cart partners Chris....if the carts are gas, we might need a fill er up at the turn. Plus, I am not sure about you sitting with a Hawk!

[quote name='TMBob' timestamp='1396364470' post='8994153']

[/quote]

Not sure if we should be cart partners Chris....if the carts are gas, we might need a fill er up at the turn. Plus, I am not sure about you sitting with a Hawk!
[/quote]

I'm getting the distinct impression that I will be the short knocker in the group when we get to Carlsbad...

I'm learning, ever so slowly, to tone down my driver swing for accuracy. It's a process. But I'm getting really good at low hooked punch shots from behind a tree!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='jongalt55' timestamp='1396365012' post='8994205']

[/quote]

[/quote]

I'm getting the distinct impression that I will be the short knocker in the group when we get to Carlsbad...
[/quote]

Doubt that S.W.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don't think that is a problem. Maybe you gain the most?? What you take away from it is what matters.

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You shouldn't be worried. First of all, my numbers are definitely skewed bc of the thin Denver air and the hard and fast conditions we play on munis. Second, your 250 in the fw is much more useful than my 300, 30 yds off the fw...lol.

I have a feeling my drives at sea level will carry and roll much less, leaving me closer to 270 or so. High draws in Denver get a huge boost that will not translate to Carlsbad, I'm sure.

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1396366136' post='8994351']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You shouldn't be worried. First of all, my numbers are definitely skewed bc of the thin Denver air and the hard and fast conditions we play on munis. Second, your 250 in the fw is much more useful than my 300, 30 yds off the fw...lol.

I have a feeling my drives at sea level will carry and roll much less, leaving me closer to 270 or so. High draws in Denver get a huge boost that will not translate to Carlsbad, I'm sure.
[/quote]

Spent a summer in Denver when I was just out of school...some great tracks there. Congrats on getting chosen for the trip after only a few weeks as a member. Pretty cool for you! Looking forward to seeing your results. Have fun!!

Ping G430 HL 10.5*

Wilson Staff Dyna Power 5 wood
Ping 410 7 wood
XXIO 10 5 Hybrid, Tour Exotics 6 Hybrid
Wilson Staff DynaPower forged 7-GW

Wilson Staff 56*

Wilson Staff 60*

Bettinardi BB0 TRI DASS Skull and Bones 2023 33" 

Like Edberg's forehand, my swing is held together with a paperclip and a rubber band.

[quote name='Woodridge' timestamp='1396366943' post='8994481']
[quote name='cphrey' timestamp='1396366136' post='8994351']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spent a summer in Denver when I was just out of school...some great tracks there. Congrats on getting chosen for the trip after only a few weeks as a member. Pretty cool for you! Looking forward to seeing your results. Have fun!!
[/quote]

Thank you! Seriously, I am still in shock that I was chosen, but one of the main reasons I joined in the first place was to talk about the SLDR, so I think I am a good candidate for this trip. I had been viewing threads for a few years, but never had the want to talk about anything until recently, when I realized how much content was on this forum. Great people here, I love it!

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

If you guys have to guess right now what you will be fitted into what would it be?

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1396367464' post='8994543']
If you guys have to guess right now what you will be fitted into what would it be?
[/quote]

12 degrees give or take. Shaft will be something mid to low launch and very low spin.

matrix velox maybe? :pimp:

Wishon 919 THI 11* 0.5* Open
Wishon 929 HS 14.5*, 19* 0.5 Open
Wishon 775HS 22*, 25*
Wishon 5, 6 560 MC 7-PW MMC MB
Wishon 54, 59 Micro-Groove HM
All shafts are S2S Stepless Steel Wishon

[/quote]

SLDR 430, 12*, Diamana Blue Board or something similar at around 65 grams, S flex, 44 inches... (I say the 430 only bc I have been told it is almost as forgiving but would turn the ball less, (I also hear it is much easier to work, so this may be contradictory, looking forward to finding out for sure) helping me get rid of the overcooked hook or unfinished swing push fade a little bit. I know it's the Indian not the arrows, but I think that set up would help me a bit...

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[/quote]

They're actually going to shim two Kiyoshi Whites into a single adapter.

Follow our Two Guys Talkin Golf (TG2) Podcast on Instagram + Twitter + iTunes + SoundCloud
 Click here to grab a new "circle" avatar

[quote name='HipCheck' timestamp='1396367841' post='8994593'][quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1396367464' post='8994543']
[/quote]

They're actually going to shim two Kiyoshi Whites into a single adapter.[/quote]
Haha I was hoping for 2 Aldila Rogue myself.

I like rare setups so I am hoping I get to try some really rare shafts but I think a 10.5 is going to me the one for me

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[/quote]

I am going with 430 SLDR with a White Tie.....I know a 10.5 cranked open will be shoved in my face over the 9 degree and then it will be game on between the fitter and my mental issues with higher lofted drivers (the way they look at address, the shot shape and where it finishes at)

Really, I should be easy....I have a small group of shafts that work well for me and a short conversation with the fitter about these will help him dial me in quickly I bet.

I have been messing with a WT 5 series in Reg Flex and for an R in 60 gram shaft it is stronger then I had thought it would be. I know that I am getting great spin and LA numbers with it and maybe the Firm Flex will be perfect to tighten up the control.

I am not going to mention the WT though till I need to say, what about a Matrix WT?

What about YOU? nunchuck?

I'm guessing I'll be in a 10.5 460 (though I prefer the look of the 430) I'd like it to sit neutral to slightly open at std loft. A shaft along the lines of the Kiyoshi white/blue, GD MT/GT, or something in the Speeder line. Did I list all the available options there? I'd like to hit the Rogue, as probably most do, in order to see what all the fuss is about.

I would like to see video and numbers of Thunder hitting the 14* head. Think you could manage 10sec of hang time?

Cobra LTDx LS Diamana B 70
TEE CB4 Tour 15° Attas T2
SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

[quote name='tembolo1284' timestamp='1396362604' post='8993953']
Me at the office: Grips club, waggles it, puts club down. Eats a bagel, hits some putts...rinse and repeat!

Getting NOTHING done today and tomorrow!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I am bouncing off the walls at the office but I am having to get stuff done. Deadlines suck, especially when the CEO is standing over my shoulder busting my chops. I told him a few minutes ago, the more he bugs me, the longer it is going to take me.

Revision today...shot a 74 at a total dog track, easy course last week, and it brought me down to a 6.9...I do not feel like I am nearly that good. I want to talk to the people that create the slopes and ratings at courses around here and find out how they come to their numbers, bc I swear I am no better than a 9 or 10. Oh well...

SLDR 5-PW C Taper 120s
Cleveland CBX 50*
TM MG2 54*, 58*
Toulon Atlanta H4

[quote name='NTKT10' timestamp='1396370377' post='8995015']I'm guessing I'll be in a 10.5 460 (though I prefer the look of the 430) I'd like it to sit neutral to slightly open at std loft. A shaft along the lines of the Kiyoshi white/blue, GD MT/GT, or something in the Speeder line. Did I list all the available options there? I'd like to hit the Rogue, as probably most do, in order to see what all the fuss is about.

I would like to see video and numbers of Thunder hitting the 14* head. Think you could manage 10sec of hang time?[/quote]

I wouldn't be against it for entertainment purposes. I will be really really surprised if I am put into even a 12* head. I would like to try the Nunchuk shaft for fun, tphd, rogue, and I have never tried any Oban shafts except the tour prototype and devotion. The part I am most curious about is the tipping aspect... Will they have shafts with all different tipping available to try side by side or will this be an educated guess at the amount of tipping? My current shaft was pulled and reinstalled twice to get the tipping correct which is one reason it is 44.75 and not 45 inches

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='magdocjr' timestamp='1396370714' post='8995051']
[/quote]

They are going to see me swing, shake their heads, then hand me an Easton baseball bat and wish me luck.
[/quote]

They will take the bat from your hands when I hit (after you) and then hand me a bowling ball.

As far as setup...I normally hit a really low draw so they will probably put me in a 12 and crank it to maximum loft. Not sure how they will keep me from hooking it since I think the increase in loft closes the face angle on the SLDR, right? I see they offer a ahina as a shaft option so maybe one of those since it's in my current gamer.