2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters 1st Release (v1.0) by Dogleg Right

DB MACHINE

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All those putters headed for new homes, but where is number 47........................

Sadly, I must keeping missing putts until #47 is done.

Joe

:)

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 55 Stiff
Wood: Ping G425 5 & 7 Wood  Mitsubishi Tensei AV Orange 75 Stiff

Hybrid: Ping 425 4i Mitsubishi Tensei Orange

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 54 and 58 Wilson Tour Forged 56 and 60
Putter: LAB Directed Force 2.1 (33-69)//Seemore Custom "The Big Fluffy"
Bag: Vessel Player III

I am sure he is busy, I paid my deposit on March 6th for number 47 so at this pace I should have it by maybe August........

Just kidding, can't wait to get mine!

We support DAVE!

Thanks

Joe

:D

(okay I can't get the smileys to work and everytime a new ad pops up on the screen, my keyboard goes dead....change is a hard!)

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay in posting new photos, etc. I have been busy completing orders and working on our new Custom Putter Studio. Here's some new "insider info," which everyone here is hearing about first!

We are building a new custom putter studio and lab, including evaluation / diagnosis, teaching, putter fitting, custom putter showroom and on-site production facility. All in a very, VERY, special location! Can't say anything else at this time, except that we will open the studio this spring, and will invite all WRX members who join our new MACHINE Golf Club to the grand opening. (more info on the MACHINE Golf Club very soon!)

Back to the orders.... Look what the plating shop delivered yesterday! Lots of Extra Yummy Copper Plating! :)

Clockwise from left:

A copper plated M1A adjustable in 1018 Carbon Steel, with peening in the cavity floor and wild rainbow colors.

MACHINE ART M1A adjustable Putter #17 in billet copper with hand bent double dogleg 6061 aerospace alloy plumber with copper plate (Hi Drew!)

MACHINE TOUR M2A Convertible Putter #20 in Marine Brass with hand bent long neck swan FB in 6061 aerospace alloy plumber with copper plate (Hi reebus!)

The first ever M3A Transformer in 6061 aerospace alloy, copper plate and fixed tungsten rods in heel and toe (with multifunction adjustable weight and dampening drawer providing 330 gram to 365 gram weight range). I may add this one to MY bag (if I ever play again! :crazy2:

Two copper plated CNC Milled 6061 aerospace alloy MACHINE Grips

A copper plated carbon steel Uber MOI M3A Transformer Mallet back ring with serious rainbowing.

Various grip end caps, hosels, and a M2A convertible tongue back flange with major rainbows.

As usual, the photo doesn't do the rainbow copper justice. It's really very sick, IMHO.

Also, note something cool about the mallet back ring and tongue back flange: instead of bright, satin, rainbow, etc., these can also be finished with a “green grass patina.†This patina makes these parts visually disappear against the putting green, while the rest of the blade (presumably in some other material, finish, etc.) stands out, looking like the traditional host at address. I will send pics in the near future when the green patina ages properly.

More pictures of more orders in progress ASAP (many, if not most, ready to ship next week!).

All the best,

-Dave

I heard from him yesturday with a status report on my putter, he is one busy guy!

Joe

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Hi Everyone,

Well, my kids went crazy with Easter Egg candy, my wife and I set them loose with some permanent ink markers (Sharpie fine point rainbow colors) and... look what happened!

With all the work going on out in the garage, it was only a matter of time before it started spreading throughout the house. Especially on a long weekend....

For those of you with 1st and 1.5 Release orders, please let me know if you are interested in any of these unique hand colored Easter / Rainbow AM&E MACHINE logo headcovers to go perfectly with your rainbow copper or hand torched 303 flamed hosels, etc. (We have been proudly offering AM&E headcovers on our putters since 1995.)

Each hand colored headcover will be hand signed by me and the little rugrat or my wife who collaborated.

If there is a style you like, but you want them in different colors, let me know. I am also working on some tie die models, for you hippie throwbacks.

Let me hear what you think, good bad or otherwise. New AM&E covers with new logos also in the pipeline, and soon to be revealed....

Finally, 2.0 Release will be announced as soon as all the 1st and 1.5 release putters are shipped. Hopefully by the end of this week if everyone can make up their minds on all the possibilities! :crazy:

All the best,

-Dave

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the great comments on the hand colored headcovers. My wife and kids are all as jazzed as I am on the feedback and orders. Tie-died still in the works, but will let you all see the canvas soon.

OK, important announcement for everyone with pending orders:

I want to make sure we are doing this right, and are all on the same page regarding where / how we measure. There are several standards amongst different putter makers and fitters, etc.

We currently measure the length of the putter from the sole up the centerline of the shaft to the top of the grip, excluding the rounded portion of the butt.

If you want a length measured from the sole under the sweet spot, or from the old heel board, or some other way, please let me know.

Hope this makes sense. Let me know.

Thanks,

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

News? Anyone heard from Dave?

Thanks

Joe

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

• 4 weeks later...

Bump!

There was a MACHINE Putter sighting at this week's Crown Plaza Invitational at Colonial!

A few of the 1st Release putters hitched a ride with our new 2007 TOUR stock and special custom players' putters for this historic event and to show TOUR players our new designs and technologies and what we are capable of in advanced customization, personalization and fitting.

Shown in this photo are the following WRX'r MACHINE putters: Old #17, Long #20, #21, #23, #24, #27, #33, #35, #46, #60, #88, LH#1, and a few others. I also had a second bag at the TOUR equipment trailers, and numerous others in progress and alternate heads, hosels, shafts, grips, etc., etc. in my tailgate mobile studio.

I am very proud to announce that we are re-hiring Mike Gorton, our former TOUR Rep from previous years, who helped fit over 60 players on the PGA and Nationwide TOURs with my previous HOG designs (counting only those that made it in official play, and not counting over 80 platers on the Champions Tour fit by Dwight Nevil, who is also now working for us again at our new Putting Studio!).

Mike, in the white cap and white pants is a two-time national long drive champion (reg and senior), will be working the PGA and Nationwide for the second half of the year. Mike also represents Yonex again (I hired Mike almost 20 years ago at Yonex as the captain of our Long Drive Team! and we have been great friends since. Wow, we're getting old! :crazy: I will also be joining Mike out on TOUR at select events as well. More details on our schedules and other related events coming soon! :)

The response has already been really exciting, and I wish you could have seen some of the pros rolling these new puppies (no pictures of the pros however, to respect their sponsors avoid any conflicts). But I'll definitely keep everyone posted if and when we have some in play as verified by independent news sources - so stay tuned)... If we have even a fraction of the success we had with the HOG, this should be really fun and exciting! (somehow, I think we might even do better...I know we will work really hard to make it happen!)

Thanks again to all the WRX'rs with orders for all your patience and support allowing me to take these putters out on TOUR to show off our new line. All theses and the remaining 1st Release Putters will ship next week (starting Tuesday, unless you have other shipping needs).

I will also hopefully be able to show other photos and make even more exciting news regarding our MACHINE Putting Studio and new products in our upcoming 1.5 Release in the coming days!

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy Memorial Day weekend. I will post a special photo of a Memorial Day putter I made in honor of my grandfather on Monday.

Best,

-Dave