2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

MACHINE Putters 1st Release (v1.0) by Dogleg Right

DB MACHINE

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang those are yummy!

Still trying to figure out the alpha numeric soup thing, though....

....sorry, slow on the uptake tonight (at the office doing work now, studying for a certification exam, dealing with a 6 month old baby, almost thought I lost my wedding ring - fun weekend, rock on!) :crazy: :crazy2:

Thanks Moecat!

Don't lose that ring!!!

In general, I like art that appeals to multiple senses. Aesthetic, technological, performance, craftsmanship, and thought provoking to name a few. So I am trying to do that a little bit with my ART putters.

The thought provoking part is best for me when it can be read on multiple levels.

At the surface, the "alpha-numeric soup" is my twist on "alphabet soup" and I think you can imagine the sole being a window to bowl of alphabet soup where the letters are floating on the surface...

The bigger statement (or question) is how stamps on a putter can make it more valuable, and how crowded and competitive the trademarks / stamps / brands issue has become (and how it is a melting pot too). The history is fascinating too, and goes way, way back on golf clubs (hundreds of years).

There are really only so many letters and numbers that are used, and it is kind of funny to me how "crazy" some of the related issues have taken on a life of their own (spurred by several competitors and the market).

"Morphing" these thoughts, you could consider the idea that alphabets make the plain tomato soup not only more tasty, but also lots more fun and entertaining! :) (same goes for alphabits cereal?)

Hope that makes sense. I have lots more in the works in this area, because it is fun for me, and I hope maybe a little fun and different for you too.

Dave: Everything looks spectacular.

"Alpha Numeric Soup" looks so cool, I can hardly stand it. That's bad-a**.

Call me this week...we need to catch up.

Thanks Mr. Doug! That means a lot to me, and I appreciate it very much. I will call and look forward to catching up.

Dave, what's with the hole in the sole underneath the hosel on the last 2 putters? Very cool BTW.

The small hole is to evacuate the epoxy when the hosel is installed so there is no hydraulicing, since the hosel stems are almost all solid. We fill it with Delrin and finish it off with a cloth belt. Some TEST series have a allen screw assembly in this location.

I will show a couple of other ART soles I have been working on later today. I appreciate everyone letting me show these and discuss them with you.

All the best,

-Dave

Thanks everyone!

MACHINE GARAGE / ART Putter # 23 (rainbow M2A) and

MACHINE "GARTAGE" (TOUR / GARAGE) Putter # 27 are both SOLD, pending receipt of PayPal.

More photos of some other "canvas" ART soles later tonight, when I will also try to catch up with more of your questions, PM's etc.

Thanks again,

-Dave

Good Evening!

As promised, following are a few ART Putter "canvas" soles (no UFO's tonight!):

Clockwise from left:

"Putter Love" MACHINE ART Putter "Lucky #7," dedicated to my family and our dog Putter for all their undying support and unconditional love.

"Alpha-Numeric Soup" MACHINE ART Putter #62 (now with a little natural patina coming out)...

"Binary Secret Code" MACHINE ART Putter #69, an ongoing work in progress... (needing lots and lots more elbow grease!)

More details tomorrow. I'm spent tonight!

Thanks again for all of your great comments and support.

:drinks:

-Dave

Good Evening!

As promised, following are a few ART Putter "canvas" soles (no UFO's tonight!):

Clockwise from left:

"Putter Love" MACHINE ART Putter "Lucky #7," dedicated to my family and our dog Putter for all their undying support and unconditional love.

"Alpha-Numeric Soup" MACHINE ART Putter #62 (now with a little natural patina coming out)...

"Binary Secret Code" MACHINE ART Putter #69, an ongoing work in progress... (needing lots and lots more elbow grease!)

More details tomorrow. I'm spent tonight!

Thanks again for all of your great comments and support.

(cool)

-Dave

Very, very nice Dave. After I first saw your Alpha-Numeric soup, I thought a binary would be awesome...and there it is. I am somewhat surprised though...for some reason I would have expected #69 to be the "Putter Love." :smilie_titty:

:hi:

Hey Everyone,

I thought you might be interested in the cavity view of MACHINE ART Putter #69 ("binary secret code"), and note the new stamp I hammered in the cavity, "ARTWRX" in one of those Eureka moments (little light bulb goes off in the head). Dohh!

I liked this so much, and think it fits beautifully with what we have been doing here together. So, as part of our Release 1.5, I have decided to create a limited edition of 25 pieces of MACHINE ARTWRX Putters dedicated to everyone here on GolfWRX for all your support while we have been developing our line.

These putters are available in 303 ss, Aluminum Bronze and 1018 Carbon Steel. CS can be ordered with the following finishes:

e-Nickel, Black Ox or Copper Plate. We can Dew the putters as well, and suggest this finish for the 303 ss and Al-Br, which can also be left to naturally patina.

The other options include:

Alignment: dot only on the topline, sightline only, combined or totally blank.

Hosel: stubby, standard plumber or long neck, in the materials above or aluminum, which can be nickel plated or copper plated, or anodized in black.

We can also add personal stamps for your name, screen name or initials, etc.

The target weight range for these putters is 340 grams to 370 grams, depending on head material and hosel. For lighter weights, we need to use the alloy hosels, and for heavier weights to heavier metals.

These heads are coming off the mills as I write this, and I will post pictures of them as a group as I debur them and start to clean and polish prior to stamping. They are all fixed weight heads with the new aggressive VMG mill pattern, and will all be hand stamped by me.

We are offering a special price for WRX members, at $450 with a steel shaft and new MACHINE Logo Lamkin Crossline grip.

You can also upgrade to UST FF, milled MACHINE Grips or the new Reverse Arch Grips as soon as those are available.

Other custom options such as custom grinding, melting, peening, flaming, hosel bends, etc are alll also available through our MACHINE Shop, or my GARAGE, depending on the work, and you can also combine stamp marks - all to elevate the uniqueness, aesthetics and value.

We will start selling these tonight at 6:00 PM EST on a first come, first serve basis. Serial numbers #76-100 are dedicated to these heads (meaning you also get a free surprise gift too). They come with a CO2 and limited AM&E headcover as well. Our 2nd Release (2.0) will start with serial number 101...

We ask for a 50% deposit to hold your order, and estimate 2-4 weeks for shipping, depending on finishing and plating and other custom options.

Please let me know if you have any questions on these new 1.5 Release MACHINE ARTWRX Putters!

:drinks:

-Dave

Forgot to mention: these putters will be hand stamped ARTWRX in the cavity by me, and will be CNC milled on the face VMG towards the toe and db2 on the heel, as they are on the M3A Transformers. I will also hand stamp my initials and '07 on these limited edition ARTWRX putters. -DB

6 PM eastern now - doglegright.com's phone and email system must be lit up like a Christmas tree with all the ARTWRX orders flowing in.

Finally let the carbon bubbles evaporate from my head - sadly, will have to refrain from purchasing this beauty. :(

That's OK moecat: I have your M5 hybrid proto Revival getting dressed up for you "extra special."

Thanks for your call and time. You got me between Chris' calls (LOL!) Heeee's baaaack!

>>

Which brings up a good point: send me a PM if you have any questions. Our C/S department will be closed for the evening. PayPals to C/S will be confirmed when they copy me on the orders and sequence for the serial numbers in the morning. Or you can post your orders and brief specs here too if you wish.

And to answer another question, the 5% WRX discount does apply (as long as you qualify!) :)

Thanks,

-Dave

Mike,

Words cannot really describe... We are blessed to be this busy.

Good news for everyone: we are we are adding customer service and production staff to meet the growing demand, and kicking into a higher gear. Initial orders will be shipping next week (two weeks and a few days from launch, and mostly in the order we received them.

Spring is here in Dallas, and its time for you guys to start actually putting with your new MACHINE Putters!

Now some housekeeping:

ARTWRX Putters # 75, 76, 77, 78, 79.... 81, 82... 88, 89,... 98 and 99 are taken! (a couple pending deposits)

Attached is a picture of #75 and 77 ARTWRX Aluminum Bronze M1A Modern Classics as they just begin to get cleaned up. I will try to post some photos of the range of finishes on these putters later this afternoon or tonight.

Then I will be offline for most of the rest of the weekend, as really need to spend some long overdue time with the wife and kids, who are at the end of their spring break.

Thanks for everyone's orders, kind words, (patience) and support!

All my best,

-Dave

Dave,

I just have to show the pics of this. THis is the one that me and Dave have been designing for me for about 2 months now. Hand bent Double dogleg to make it a almost face balanced putter. 345 gram headweight. You name it. It's just gorgeous :tongue::):D

-CHRIS-

Lucky dog! Mine is still "in the works". Well, the waiting, and deciding on the details, is more than

half the fun! FYI, my long-neck is going to have some sort of a bend in it also......

I almost went with a twisty longneck, but then wanted something a little more compact. Maybe my next one will be a LN. Who knows. LOL All I know right now is that I hit the range for the first time in a month today......I have lost every ounce of skill I had. LOL Need to practice now. LOL

-CHRIS-

I think the machine putter is going to be amazing. God I hop so. Me and dave have talked on the phone probably 3-4 days a week for te last 2 months designing it and specing it out to be just right. Coupled with the UST FF Shaft I think I have a winner. The hardest part was geting a face balanced putter used a standard length neck.

And Moecat...I've already told Dave to expect pics of his putters being used on top of humvees, tanks..you name it just to get some laughs. LOL I am going to ship te putter to myself once I get an address of where I am going to be. The clock is ticking now. Only about 40 days left :tongue:

-CHRIS-

I think the machine putter is going to be amazing. God I hop so. Me and dave have talked on the phone probably 3-4 days a week for te last 2 months designing it and specing it out to be just right. Coupled with the UST FF Shaft I think I have a winner. The hardest part was geting a face balanced putter used a standard length neck.

And Moecat...I've already told Dave to expect pics of his putters being used on top of humvees, tanks..you name it just to get some laughs. LOL I am going to ship te putter to myself once I get an address of where I am going to be. The clock is ticking now. Only about 40 days left :tongue:

-CHRIS-

Well, just be careful. You are one of the most entertaining guys in this forum!

Howdy All:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Here are some photos of the bronze patina on an ART Putter (on right) and a partially completed satin on the left. We can do a multitude of looks with this great looking, great feeling material. From dark black bronze, to the polished light bronze and a wide variety of combinations.

The Aluminum Bronze can be made to look a lot like the old cast bronze putters, except of course the crisp milled lines and VMG face mill, and stamps and peens, etc. make it new.... You can't see it as well in these photos, but there also a number of rainbow colors in the patina.

Hope you like it! Let me know what you think, please.

All the best,

-Dave