Your high school golf team..

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was a freshman in high school I shot 78-80-77 on a par 70 course and qualified 11th. My senior year I think our 6 man on our A team had an average score of 38 or 39. Meanwhile our B team shot everywhere from low 150's to 160's in matches. Over my four years our A team shot in the 130's several times and won states by at least 24 shots each year. I think that their play has gone down in the past few years. Since 1998 around 15 or 16 guys have gone on to play at D1 schools. The 1998 class had 6 alone. The only team that had our number during my time was Baylor in Chattanooga namely because they had Luke List and several other kids who went on to play high D1

We have the current AJGA New York state champion on our team, but hes just a fluke compared to the rest of the squad! :blink:

We had the best team in our school's history this past year, our 1 guy (state champ, nothing else left to say) and our 2 guy were scratch golfers. 3rd and 4th guy (4th guy being me) were equal, high 30s low 40s guys, then 5 and 6 guys were equal, low 40s guys. Fairly solid team for the area, placed second in our section championships. But compared to most other teams in the nation, we stink!

You have to shoot low 80s at tryouts to make the team, which consists of 6 starters who play the entire season, and 4 backup guys in case something happens with the original 6.

[sign here]

Unfortunately my team isnt quite as good as you guy's. Our 1 and 2 guys are gonna have to pretty much carry the team. As in, for us to not embarrass ourselves, we cant be more than 1 or 2 over par. From there we go to our 3 and 4 guys who will most likely post in the low 40's with an occasional 39. Then, our 5 and 6 will be lucky to break 45.

-Kyle

To make our varsity, you probably need to average 82 to be at the bottom of it. To make our JV, who knows. The guys who made it this year (our 3 freshmen; we take 3 freshmen a year) didn't play so well. One shot 93, one shot 96 and the other shot 99. Another kid shot 100 and missed it by a stroke. I felt bad because he 3 putted the 18th. And the kid who shot 99 made a miraculous 2 putt. Oh well. That's golf.

To make our team this year was a joke. Given the course we try out on has crazy wind (atleast 20 almost the whole round) i think we had kids that shot in the mid 40's make the team. I didn't have to tryout becasue i was on the team last year (thank god i was on probation with the school during tryout) but i went to the last day and shot 39 with a double on the first whole. I am probley #3 on the team behind 2 kids in the top 450 on the Junior Golf Scoreboard.........and i just found out that i am ranked haha (4100's haha). Last year it took me 3 rounds in the 30's to make the team.........very young team this year (3 freshman, 3 sophmores) so we will be good next year ( Or we better be haha)

for my high school it isnt that great lol..i play for a d4 school and our league great lacks talent and our 6th spot shoots low 50's to high 40's. but we have a very solid top 3. me( numero uno :stop: ) who shoots anywhere from 2 over to below par and my friend and twin brother who both shoot around 3-4 over for nine holes. we only have 2 18 hole matches all year ;)

shot -1 yesterday with an eagle and a birdie. damn lipouts :blink:

My team is weak. Our #1 (me) has a 35.4 scoring average, our #2 has a 46.8 scoring average, and the rest of the team is lucky to break 60. IT doesn't help having 7 guys unelidgible, beings at a school were 5% of the student population is white, and graduationg 7 seniors last year.

Jeez, Where do you go to school?

KinG

• 2 weeks later...

Well to make our Varsity team you just have to be able to hit he ball solid and shoot under a 100. I'm number 1 and i shoot between 74-83 (low on a good day ehh on other days) our # 2 guy is right there with me. Our 3 guy is pretty good but has no dedication!!!!!!! he shoots between 84-90. Our 4 guy is the same way but a little worse 85-100. and our 5th is the same as the 4th. We are by no means the best team in town. We are like the 6th best team out of out of the 23 high schools in our city and 5th out of 9 in our District 1-5A. The BIG 3 teams in our city (which are in our district) can go low and shoot in the 290's for 2 day tournament scores. The best team in town has 3 of the best players and 2 can go under par. It's a really tough district.

TM R9 SuperTri TP 8.5° FujiMotoreF1-S
Ping Isi 3W 15°
Adams Super 17° Voodooo S
Ping i20 4-PW CFS-X
TM TP-Y 52°, Nike Vr 56° 60°
Yes! Madison 34" SS Flatso

My team is weak. Our #1 (me) has a 35.4 scoring average, our #2 has a 46.8 scoring average, and the rest of the team is lucky to break 60. IT doesn't help having 7 guys unelidgible, beings at a school were 5% of the student population is white, and graduationg 7 seniors last year.

Thats pretty close to the way my school was last year (my senior year). I played to #1 and averaged 33.2 on our home course for 9 and our #2 averaged 48.7. The remainder of the team was 55+

On my high school team it took around 80 to make the team, at least for the top 6 spots. Our top 4 players all scratch, went to small DI schools to play. Honestly, we were better than my current college team. We were in first place after day 1 of the state championship in Illinois, s*** the bed the second day, taking 5th. Wish we had another go around...Have fun

On my high school team it took around 80 to make the team, at least for the top 6 spots. Our top 4 players all scratch, went to small DI schools to play. Honestly, we were better than my current college team. We were in first place after day 1 of the state championship in Illinois, s*** the bed the second day, taking 5th. Wish we had another go around...Have fun

My high school team was pretty much better than my college team also. We even used to play a match against UVa's B Team and beat them every year.

Our golf team was pretty good last year and we are a very young team 6 freshmen including me. We ended the season 16-3. Came in third in western mass and three individuals went to states. Our number two was a freshmen and he plays in junior worlds (Richy Werenski). We lost two seniors but we are suspected to win states the next three years.

parker