How is gary playing X-100's

What's In Gary's Bag:

Driver: Titleist 906 r 9.5 degrees Matrix Ozik shaft

Fairway Wood: Tour Exotics 15 degrees Aldila Prototype 'By You'

Hybrid: Nakashima 19 degrees Aldila Prototype 'By You'

Irons: Ping I-5 4-Lob wedge Dynalite X-100

Putter: Yes Olivia Model

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X

good point! I don't know if you've hit Dynalites.

they are pretty weak.IMO. very low kick point and WEAK.

BTW, he is an idiot!!! :blink:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it funny that all you guys get worked up over what could have been creative editing. We dont know what went on behind the scenes.

Alot of what he was saying was true. upndown1 has it right.

Gary may have been an a** but without an insider we will never know for sure.

Do we really need an "insider" to know that his sand splashing behind Mark while he's getting ready to play his shot was pathetic and un-gentlemanly...He should be ashamed to call himself a golfer....And he should be forbidden to call himself a teacher...He's a crybaby, a braggart, and an all around Word not allowedhole..The WORST kind of golfer in my book.....Remember he exhibited the same behavior in his first go round....I honestly don't think they had to be THAT creative with the editing....They might have even edited out crap that was even worse....But I do have an idea for the next Big Break....Since Gary is so convinced of his skill and is willing to put his $$ on the line...How 'bout him vs. DD in a money match....That would be good TV.... :blink:

Cobra King f9/Fujikura Atmos Red TS 60S
TEE 15* XCG/DVS 70S
Adams Idea Pro 20*/Aldila Blue Bayou 80S
Srixon 565 4-PW / Nippon tour modus 105S
TM TP 52*
TM TP ATV 56*
TM TP ATV 60*
Giannini Legacy 3

Do we really need an "insider" to know that his sand splashing behind Mark while he's getting ready to play his shot was pathetic and un-gentlemanly...He should be ashamed to call himself a golfer....And he should be forbidden to call himself a teacher...He's a crybaby, a braggart, and an all around Word not allowedhole..The WORST kind of golfer in my book.....Remember he exhibited the same behavior in his first go round....I honestly don't think they had to be THAT creative with the editing....

Do we know any of that for a fact? Have we ever met him? See where I am going.

We dont know what happened beforehand. He was splashing sand while his ex partner was hitting too. Noone bitched then. If the sand thing bothers you that bad then you shouldnt be on a show where there are cameras everywhere. It didnt seem to bother Mark. They have these shows for ratings, not for the golfers. Its the same thing as any other reality show, just not as blatant.

I sat here pondering whether or not to add to this conversation. Pondering is over... I just find it interesting to hear comments about people judging other people on what they see on a 60 minute tv show. I know a lot of these guys and gals pretty well not just on the set but more importantly off the set so I have a very different perspective. To be fair though I do not know Gary at all so I will not judge. Alot of these guys/gals are very good friends of mine away from the golf course and tv shows, and I can tell you with 100% honesty a tv show is a tv show and people will make character judgements on what they see and hear in "sound and sight bites" all day long. I for one still have people judge my character and question me on certain things that they saw or heard on not only the big break but other tv shows I have been on and it just makes me laugh. I always think to myself how do people make assumptions and think that they know me or others based on what they have seen or read or heard. I guess its just a life learning experience that I never expected but I for one will never ever judge anyone based on media, whether it be print, radio or tv. Even if it is a "reality show".

If this did not make sense lol as I am very tired feel free to pm me.

T.J.

:blink:

Gary is a teacher? Of what? Bad manners? to swat sand while someone else is setting up? as a holder of a B.A. in multimedia and an editor I agree with T.J that you can make anything spin the way you want to have it perceived in the editing room, but that was all in a single framed shot... dont blame the producer for painting him as a badguy. He knew from the first time around what he said and did was going to be held against him in a court of coffeetalk... welcome to the infamous celuloid world...He knew what was ahead before he showed up, and still let the comments fly. Its good for ratings and thats why you watch. Its the whole concept of the show 1)Drama 2) Competition 3) A bunch of golf stuff you dont normaly see on TV..... he had #1 and #3 dead cold its just #2 didnt work out for him... oh well, who shall the big bad producer hate next week? producers and vaudvile villans are truly missunderstood....like the IRS.......its sad... so sad

gary = oxygen thief

As far as Ashley is concerned... she is looking diggity dank! :blink: Gotta love the devil outfit...

Gonna have to change the avatar....

Cobra King Ltd Black 10.5º - PX Hzrdous Black
Cobra F8+ 16º - Aldila  NV 2KXV Blue 
Cobra King Utility 18º - Recoil 780 es 
Cobra ACP mb 4-P -TT AMT T.I.
TM MG 50º - DG
TM MG 54º - DG
TM MG 58º - DG
TM Spider Tour Black

I met Bri in Florida and she really came across as being a total sweetie in every way.

Ashley is definitely a hottie IMO.

Gary would have brought out the "hockey goon" in me and I would have probably got thrown off the show for it!

I don't know what it is, but I find myself liking Don D. now - he makes me laugh.

Eddie and Nikki should just leave the show now and go get busy somewhere. They're both annoying.

IMO though, they should air all the behind the scenes stuff at the house and practice range and forget the stupid "challenges"...the other stuff is far more interesting from a TV standpoint than the challenges are. Either that, or just have match play until the final player is standing.

Alright, I saw the episode yesterday and finally see what all the huff is about. I hate to be too terribly negative (ok, that's i lie...i thrive on it :blink:), but Gary didn't do himself any favors with his comments on the course, the range, or in the confessional. He really did reveal a lot about himself and his attitudes, but I'm not about to judge his character over it...even though I'm sure we wouldn't get along in the real world.

I will say that I've played with uglier people with uglier attitudes than Gary on the course, and while I've exchanged some pleasantries over etiquette and whatnot, I've yet to throw down...on the course. ;) I will say this though, name calling here...not so nice. "Oxygen thief" isn't so bad, but "*****" and any derivative of doucher...let's leave that to other boards. :stop:

:hi:

I sat here pondering whether or not to add to this conversation. Pondering is over... I just find it interesting to hear comments about people judging other people on what they see on a 60 minute tv show. I know a lot of these guys and gals pretty well not just on the set but more importantly off the set so I have a very different perspective. To be fair though I do not know Gary at all so I will not judge. Alot of these guys/gals are very good friends of mine away from the golf course and tv shows, and I can tell you with 100% honesty a tv show is a tv show and people will make character judgements on what they see and hear in "sound and sight bites" all day long. I for one still have people judge my character and question me on certain things that they saw or heard on not only the big break but other tv shows I have been on and it just makes me laugh. I always think to myself how do people make assumptions and think that they know me or others based on what they have seen or read or heard. I guess its just a life learning experience that I never expected but I for one will never ever judge anyone based on media, whether it be print, radio or tv. Even if it is a "reality show".

If this did not make sense lol as I am very tired feel free to pm me.

T.J.

;)

I agree with what you are saying. You've been there and done that. But honestly without "characters" like Gary and others what would we all talk about. The show has evolved and they need a "hook".

If the producers came to me and said you can be on the BB, but you have to play a villain (which isn't my character at all) I would say Heck No!!! But after careful thought I might say yes. For the simple reason that the people who really count know who I am and what I'm about. The older I get the less I worry about what others think. But I would still respect the game and I think that's truly why so many (including myself) have flamed Gary. So maybe this backs up your point.

Gary can continue to tell the world how good he is. But the thing that I would break my foot off in his posterior for is the sand castle he was building. That's a respect thing and he showed zero. He's a teacher?...he taught me a lot!

On the bright side the Producers had an easy time with drama in this episode. The down side is he's gone so now what? In that respect I'll miss Gary.

BTW. If any BB folks are reading this and are looking to cast a "Basketcase" who on occasion pulls a great shot out of his rear...PM me. :blink:

TJ, you do make sense and unfortunately we only have the show to go by in respect to judging his character. But I think most of the comments on this thread are directed towards the way he spoke and acted towards his fellow competitor and the disrespect and lack of class he showed. While you were on BB you showed great sportmanship, respect for the game and respect for your competitors, Gary was a bit of an Word not allowed. Editing or no editing, when he shook Mark's hand he was like a little spoiled kid, didn't even have the calss to look at his opponent in the eyes. And if Gary is going to talk the talk, he'd better have more game than that.

Driver - M2/KuroKage xstiff
3 wood - TS2 16.5/KuroKage xstiff
Hybrids - Titleist 918 3/4
Irons - Mizuno 223, Modus 105 Stiff
Wedges - Vokey SM8 - 51, 56, 60
Whitlam/Gauge Design - Coldstar Devon ETBW
Bag - Sun Mountain C-130

Club - WoodenSticks Golf Club

I sat here pondering whether or not to add to this conversation. Pondering is over...

T.J.

:blink:

Nice to see you back here Teeej! I wish you were on the show...but nonetheless. I am glad to see you speaking up here.

About the show, and I am not trying to sway you naysayers that wish they would have stopped it after BBI, but I think TGC has hit a homerun with this season's show. I enjoy it and I think the chemistry is just going to add to the ratings. I hope the show does well. I have the DVR set to record every one. The contestants are hand picked and they did a fabulous job, with the exception of TJ not being on there. I would have liked to see some of the Euros included from BB4 as well like Warren.

Double D is a laugh a minute. I look forward to his comments and game. He makes the show for me. Even Fred Couples said he like Double D during an interview last year on TGC. I'd love to play a round with Double D just to watch him.

Also glad to see the Hotness of Kim is back. YEAH, I said it. The HOTNESS OF KIM. The head coach at ECU. She has tons of game too and a great partner in the show. Their team is going to go far.

Again, I am not trying sway any opinions here, just stating my own. I think this season of the Big Break is going to be the best thus far.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't remember these types of challenges before besides the broken glass... I liked the one club challenge as well as the elimination challenge with hitting out of the bunker into the circle with unlimited chances. Stuff like that to me takes more mental skills than other challenges they have had in the past.

Watched the episode last night. Yeah, Gary is an idiot. One question about Cindy, is it me or does it appear she had a face lift after her first BB show?

Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila UST V2
Golfsmith Jetstream 3W UST V2
Titleist 915H 3 Diamana

Titleist 915H 4 Diamana
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro UST Recoil Dart
Titleist SM6 50F/54S/58S Aerotech SteelFiber
Cleveland HB 11S

SkyCaddie SX400

Watched the episode last night. Yeah, Gary is an idiot. One question about Cindy, is it me or does it appear she had a face lift after her first BB show?

That is the first thing my wife said when she saw the show....

It does look like she has had her face stretched a bit...

Cobra King Ltd Black 10.5º - PX Hzrdous Black
Cobra F8+ 16º - Aldila  NV 2KXV Blue 
Cobra King Utility 18º - Recoil 780 es 
Cobra ACP mb 4-P -TT AMT T.I.
TM MG 50º - DG
TM MG 54º - DG
TM MG 58º - DG
TM Spider Tour Black

That is the first thing my wife said when she saw the show....

It does look like she has had her face stretched a bit...

My wife and I thought the same thing. Her face looks alot tighter now!!

I'm glad Gary was eliminated last night. He has never had the game to back up his mouth. He's always talking down to his partner and the other contestants. He did the same on BB 6. He always had an excuse for his lousy shots and never came up clutch. I'm just embarrased that he's from Jersey. But then again, so's Bri. So It's a push I guess. I was never so happy to see anyone lose a match! Sweet justice!!! :drinks:

I'm glad Gary was eliminated last night. He has never had the game to back up his mouth. He's always talking down to his partner and the other contestants. He did the same on BB 6. He always had an excuse for his lousy shots and never came up clutch. I'm just embarrased that he's from Jersey. But then again, so's Bri. So It's a push I guess. I was never so happy to see anyone lose a match! Sweet justice!!! :drinks:

Hate to tell you bro, Bri is from Massachusetts, then again, so is TJ, just shows you that we produce classy professional golfers :ok:

I'm glad Gary was eliminated last night. He has never had the game to back up his mouth. He's always talking down to his partner and the other contestants. He did the same on BB 6. He always had an excuse for his lousy shots and never came up clutch. I'm just embarrased that he's from Jersey. But then again, so's Bri. So It's a push I guess. I was never so happy to see anyone lose a match! Sweet justice!!! :ok:

Hate to tell you bro, Bri is from Massachusetts, then again, so is TJ, just shows you that we produce classy professional golfers ;)

And the Kennedys...so you're back to scratch. :drinks:

:hi:

I'm glad Gary was eliminated last night. He has never had the game to back up his mouth. He's always talking down to his partner and the other contestants. He did the same on BB 6. He always had an excuse for his lousy shots and never came up clutch. I'm just embarrased that he's from Jersey. But then again, so's Bri. So It's a push I guess. I was never so happy to see anyone lose a match! Sweet justice!!! :ok:

Hate to tell you bro, Bri is from Massachusetts, then again, so is TJ, just shows you that we produce classy professional golfers :fool:

And the Kennedys...so you're back to scratch. :drinks:

BAH! I said professional golfers, not scum sucking, money grubbing, lying liberal politicians ;)

Trust me, I'm ashamed every day that we produce Kennedy and Kerry, I cry myself to sleep some times :crazy: