2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

MEMBER TESTING: SCOR Golf Member Testing and Review Thread

The sole of this club is very versatile. I was practicing my bunker play with it on Sunday. I tried it with both open faced shots as well as more square shots (like you would take from a fairway bunker). It glides well through the sand. On the longer sand shots, It feels like the club is about to dig and then you feel the bounce take over. Its a different feeling compared to my other wedges. It actually inspires confidence.

On the short open faced bunker shots the club will impart a good amount of spin. The 47 gives me more options from a larger green side bunker or one with a more distant pin.

Its a better club from thick rough as well. From tight lies it performs much better than I thought it would. The progressive bounce keeps the leading edge low and if you tend to dig, it will get you out of there. My misses are usually thin but I hit a fat shot every so often. The club will minimize the effect of a fat shot.

I'm getting on the sweet spot more and more and it feels very nice (buttery smooth). It imparts a good amount of spin and shots are drop and stop. Distance is now comparable to the AP2.

I'm curious to see if the new Hogan clubs will incorporate some of the features of these wedges.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a couple of these from ebay casue im a ho

first day hit 30 balls, ack everything seemed like i was hitting a topflight or pinacle, click click click

day two ok seemed better

day 3, full 18, o my! they seemed a bit heavier than other wedges but 3 birds and 6 other 12 footers, straight as a bird.

if your on the edge find one but give them a couple rounds

[quote name='cane700' timestamp='1409871767' post='10066287']
When you find the sweet spot on these they feel very nice.
[/quote]

Very true, and when you don't, they still end up surprisingly close to your intended target.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='funghow' timestamp='1409484305' post='10039397']

first day hit 30 balls, ack everything seemed like i was hitting a topflight or pinacle, click click click

day two ok seemed better

day 3, full 18, o my! they seemed a bit heavier than other wedges but 3 birds and 6 other 12 footers, straight as a bird.

[/quote]

Next skins game they are still straight, 2 tap in birds 4 12 footers, I can almost forget about them and will start working on my 10-20 foot putts 8)

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: I am still playing the Scor wedge and its still VERY versatile and I put it against my new gamer; TM MC PW. There is NO difference in feel when it comes to forging. I think the Scor wins in distance control and accuracy. Like any forging wedge its starting to show its wear and sweet spot wear is something I am used to...I haven't owned one thing that long (LOL). My only complaint about this wedge is that you have limited option and they are expensive.

Funny you mention it, but I recently got a set of TM MCs as well. The forged clubs in the set feel amazing. I'm not having accuracy issues with the MC but with the PW it gets a little diggy on shots hit heavy in soft conditions. The Scor seems to come out of soft ground better. The grind on the leading edge is rounded vs a straight leading edge on the MC.

The con to the Scor however is that its rounded edge makes it harder to line up a shot. A lot of wedges are this way which is a complaint of mine. Some paint fill in the bottom groove would be nice to help with that.

[quote name='cane700' timestamp='1417416875' post='10524343']
Funny you mention it, but I recently got a set of TM MCs as well. The forged clubs in the set feel amazing. I'm not having accuracy issues with the MC but with the PW it gets a little diggy on shots hit heavy in soft conditions. The Scor seems to come out of soft ground better. The grind on the leading edge is rounded vs a straight leading edge on the MC.

The con to the Scor however is that its rounded edge makes it harder to line up a shot. A lot of wedges are this way which is a complaint of mine. Some paint fill in the bottom groove would be nice to help with that.
[/quote]

I could not agree more!

Are these clubs intended to be choked down or did my pro order them wrong... I have a 50 55 and 60* which are 3/4" longer than my 1/4" long vokeys...

[color=#000000][b][size=3][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade M3 440 Graphite Design Tour AD BB [/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade RBZ Tour Issue 14.5 Diamana White [/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive] [/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade P790 3-P Recoil 95 [/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Titleist SM7 [/font][font=comic sans ms,cursive]50, 54, 60[/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade HiToe 64[/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade Spider Tour Black [/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade Ghost Spider S[/font]
[font=comic sans ms,cursive]Taylormade TP 5X [/font][/size][/b][/color]

Saw this topic yesterday and I am interested to say the least. I may try a set in the spring time when I'd have the ability to take advantage of the 30 day guarantee. I play a mixed brand of wedges and have noticed inconsistencies with my misses on them. Most of my approaches at my course are less than 130/140 yards and missing the green from that distance is, 1. Poor form, and 2. Hard to get up no down with some of our thick rough.

Question, when I load page 1, i am only able to see post 1&2 does anyone else have that problem? I can pick up on the second page no problem.

-Doc Todd

Wishon 919 9* Kuro Kage 70gm stiff
R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58
Old school Ping Anser with loads of lead tape

[quote name='teamacacia' timestamp='1417546926' post='10531841']
Saw this topic yesterday and I am interested to say the least. I may try a set in the spring time when I'd have the ability to take advantage of the 30 day guarantee. I play a mixed brand of wedges and have noticed inconsistencies with my misses on them. Most of my approaches at my course are less than 130/140 yards and missing the green from that distance is, 1. Poor form, and 2. Hard to get up no down with some of our thick rough.

[b]Question, when I load page 1, i am only able to see post 1&2 does anyone else have that problem?[/b] I can pick up on the second page no problem.
[/quote]

I've been seeing this more and more the last week or so. Try refreshing the page a time or two and see if that helps. I've had to do it a few times when trying to see 'last unread' in a thread and it'll freeze at the top of the screen with only the first post or two showing.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

[quote name='hayzooos' timestamp='1417548049' post='10531963']
[quote name='teamacacia' timestamp='1417546926' post='10531841']

[b]Question, when I load page 1, i am only able to see post 1&2 does anyone else have that problem?[/b] I can pick up on the second page no problem.
[/quote]

I've been seeing this more and more the last week or so. Try refreshing the page a time or two and see if that helps. I've had to do it a few times when trying to see 'last unread' in a thread and it'll freeze at the top of the screen with only the first post or two showing.
[/quote]

I tried yest and today both and no dice. I am browsing from my iPad in case it matters, but it has not replicated itself in any ore threads.

While I'd love to read the other posts, I guess it is fair to assume that everyone had good results with their Scors. I'm currently playing a Cleveland RTG 56 and an older Mizuno Faldo 52 wedge, both hand me downs. The Scorfit rec'd 59, 55' 51, and 47 to blend into my set iirc. I have kicked around the idea of adding a higher lofted wedge and changing lofts for more consistent yardage. I'd have to kick out a longer club in my bag to do so, and I am not sure if I would want to as we have some longer par 3's that tend to require 3w, 2i/hybrid, or 3i/hybrid off the tee,

-Doc Todd

R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58

I think I've looked at the SCOR site a thousand time now but still haven't pulled the trigger. I'm not sure in my current swing state that new wedges, even ones that may be better than what is in the bag currently, will be worth it.

For those questioning the company response; I asked about shaft options on the website contact form and very quickly received a call back that went to voicemail. I never pursued it any further but was impressed by the quick call back on a weekend.

[quote name='funghow' timestamp='1409484305' post='10039397']

day two ok seemed better

[/quote]

You are correct with your observation; very nice head weight and they are point and shoot. The biggest plus is the distance control...very constant.

• 3 months later...

Well, for my birthday the Mrs let me pull the trigger on a set of Scors. I picked up the 42, 46, 50, 54, & 58 and had the first chance to get them on the range this past Sunday. Since they are phasing out Scor and replacing with Hogan, I was able to get these on sale and save some cash. They also seem to have increased the return time upto 60 days so I feel like I will have ample time to really compare these to my current setup.

About me
I currently game Mizuno MP53's with DGS300s and have played my mixed wedges since high school. I played one year collegiate golf before med school/residency took me out of the game for a considerable time. I played down to a 4 handicap 2 summers ago but being too busy at work killed my golf time last year. This year, back in the saddle and looking to getting more serious. My goal is to make it back to the top flight for the club championship this fall.

My gap wedge is an old Mizuno 52 and my SW is a 56 Cleveland RTG. This leaves me with a 6 degree gap from the Mizzy PW and quite a bit of distance gap. I normally play my pw around 130, gw around 115, and 56* at 100. I have shied away from a 60* wedge in the past because I always hit it too high and too short. This has me apprehensive about the 58, but after a little time with the Scor 54 I think it can play it choked down at roughly the same distance and keep the 58 more more short range/greenside action.

First impressions
Temps were about 72 and the wind was minimal which is pretty rare in Oklahoma. The club felt nice and balanced and the satin finish not too bright in the sun. The club heads are noticeably smaller than my MP53's, not that that is good or bad. The shape of the 42 & 46 is much more rounded on the toe than my Mizunos and will definitely take some adjustment as I prefer the more square look of the Mizunos.

I found that there were no noticeable distance gains or losses from my current 9 and PW. In terms of the club shaft, I noticed that the Scor 42 and 46 were about a half inch longer than my Mizunos but the 50, 54, &58 were the same lengths as my current 52 & 56. The feel of the irons isn't as soft as Mizuno forgings, obviously, but they were by no means harsh. I actually preferred the feel of the Scors over my Cleveland RTG.

I was on a bit of a time crunch so I didn't get to spend too much time on the range but I'm definitely intrigued by the product. I am hoping to get out to the course this afternoon and will drop the Scors in the bag as my primary irons. I will prob carry the Mizuno 9 & PW along to hit comparison shots from the fairway. Hopefully I can get the distances dialed in quickly as the other clubs are new lofts for me.

-Doc Todd

R11 15.5 3w stock stiff
R11 19 3h stock stiff
Mizuno MP 53 4-P S300
Scor 50/54/58