MEMBER TESTING: SCOR Golf Member Testing and Review Thread

[quote name='LeftyForDayz' timestamp='1404325269' post='9624561']
[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1404324214' post='9624435']
How does the head size compare to other club heads and wedges? I have an older Eidolon gap wedge...would it be similar in size?
[/quote]

Bob here are some pics that may help you. This is a 47 degree.

[attachment=2304353:M1.jpg]

[attachment=2304357:M2.jpg]

[attachment=2304359:M3.jpg]
[/quote]

Those grooves look pretty crispy. No wonder you were getting that rip back and one hop zippers that one round i played with you Mike. How do you like the length of those grips? I mean i like to grip down on wedges a lot but those grips look like they are double long. Do the long grips make the club feel different?

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1404325682' post='9624613']
How does the head size compare to other club heads and wedges? I have an older Eidolon gap wedge...would it be similar in size?
[/quote]

[/quote]

Those grooves look pretty crispy. No wonder you were getting that rip back and one hop zippers that one round i played with you Mike. How do you like the length of those grips? I mean i like to grip down on wedges a lot but those grips look like they are double long. Do the long grips make the club feel different?
[/quote]

I would't say they make the CLUB feel different. It's a different feel in general because you can grip lower than most people are used to. It definitely gives the club more range, meaning, I couldn't ever hit a PW 115 yards accurately; I'd blow it over the green every time. So I guess when it comes to versatility, it is definitely a plus if you can get used to it. I have :)

Now excuse me, I'm off to e-mail Iomic and get some longer grips. Lol j/k.

Can any other testers weigh in on the spin comparisons between these and their normal pw? I know LeftyforDayz mentioned spin and i saw it first hand a couple times but some of that spin was due to the course conditions. How are these biting on firm fast greens? I havent seen any other comments on spin/ spin control. Do these chew up balls such as prov1x or TM TPx? I am intrigued by these but I dont know anything about them. Can I demo them anywhere or is it a blind buy type of thing?

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1404326519' post='9624689']
Can any other testers weigh in on the spin comparisons between these and their normal pw? I know LeftyforDayz mentioned spin and i saw it first hand a couple times but some of that spin was due to the course conditions. How are these biting on firm fast greens? I havent seen any other comments on spin/ spin control. Do these chew up balls such as prov1x or TM TPx? I am intrigued by these but I dont know anything about them. Can I demo them anywhere or is it a blind buy type of thing?
[/quote]

I'll get the spin results for firm greens up when mother nature stops leaving puddles on the course. Lol.

And I'm not sure about other balls, because I haven't had the chance to test them due to lack of time on course. If anyone wants a specific ball tested on-course with the wedge, leave it here and I'll make it happen.

[quote name='LeftyForDayz' timestamp='1404326876' post='9624729']
[/quote]

I'll get the spin results for firm greens up when mother nature stops leaving puddles on the course. Lol.

And I'm not sure about other balls, because I haven't had the chance to test them due to lack of time on course. If anyone wants a specific ball tested on-course with the wedge, leave it here and I'll make it happen.
[/quote]

Test with all the premium balls if you can haha. I can supply the Taylormades, Nikes and Callaways if we can get out and play another round together soon. I want to hit this thing. I dont know how i feel about replacing my Miura pw but the other wedges might be a possibility.

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='Fourpar18' timestamp='1404327613' post='9624809']
[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1404324214' post='9624435']How does the head size compare to other club heads and wedges? I have an older Eidolon gap wedge...would it be similar in size? [/quote]

To me it looks a lot like the MIZUNO MP 69 Wedge
[/quote]

IMHO I don't see a whole lot, if any similarities between the MP69 and the SCOR. Here is a picture of each addressing the ball. All opinions differ, but here they are side by side for you, so you can judge for yourself :) I personally haven't found a wedge I can compare the look of the SCOR to.

Here is the MP69 PW

[attachment=2304403:MP 69.jpg]

Here is the SCOR

[attachment=2304407:Scor address.jpg]

[quote name='LeftyForDayz' timestamp='1404329344' post='9625029'][quote name='Fourpar18' timestamp='1404327613' post='9624809']
[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1404324214' post='9624435']How does the head size compare to other club heads and wedges? I have an older Eidolon gap wedge...would it be similar in size? [/quote]

To me it looks a lot like the MIZUNO MP 69 Wedge
[/quote]

IMHO I don't see a whole lot, if any similarities between the MP69 and the SCOR. Here is a picture of each addressing the ball. All opinions differ, but here they are side by side for you, so you can judge for yourself :) I personally haven't found a wedge I can compare the look of the SCOR to.

Here is the MP69 PW

[attachment=2304403:MP 69.jpg]

Here is the SCOR

[attachment=2304407:Scor address.jpg][/quote]

Sorry I should of been a little clearer....I think the muscle back area look like the MP 69. The set up is completely different but the "muscle" looks similar.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Lefty!

[quote name='That Bob Guy' timestamp='1404387813' post='9628939']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks Lefty!
[/quote]

My pleasure. When I applied to be a tester, I said I'd do my absolute best to give the best review(s) I could. So if there is anything else you, or anyone would like to know, I will gladly follow up with info.
I'm also already trying to get the ball testing going this weekend. I just haven't had a day off yet unfortunately.

[/quote]
As far as being a blind buy...

[b] LOW SCOR GUARANTEE[/b]
[color=#333333][size=3]
If your SCOR4161 precision scoring clubs are not the best you have ever played, return them within 30-days and SCOR Golf will [b]buy you any other brand wedges[/b] you think you will like more. Why do we offer such a bold guarantee?[/size][/color][color=#333333][size=3]
Because we are so confident your short game will improve that we put our money where our mouth is.[/size][/color]

[quote name='diehllane' timestamp='1404589542' post='9642439'][quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1404326519' post='9624689']
[/quote]
As far as being a blind buy...

[b] LOW SCOR GUARANTEE[/b]
[color=#333333][size=3]
If your SCOR4161 precision scoring clubs are not the best you have ever played, return them within 30-days and SCOR Golf will [b]buy you any other brand wedges[/b] you think you will like more. Why do we offer such a bold guarantee?[/size][/color][color=#333333][size=3]
Because we are so confident your short game will improve that we put our money where our mouth is.[/size][/color][/quote]

I currently play a TM Tour Preferred MC and I am getting a little more bite with the SCOR wedge. My TM PW will usually hit and sit but the SCOR get about 1-2 foot spin. I think it may be the weighting and the way I come down on it.

I did get a chance to hit some 110-120 yard bunker shots and they topped my wedge by far. The distance control and how easy it was to get them up and out was great.

More to comes Monday...

Did some side by side testing at the range against my AP2 PW. The AP2 is a little longer by about 5 yards. But I think the Scor is putting more spin on the ball. The AP2's have some miles on them and they don't have the face milling of the Scor. The Scor was more accurate. Most of the shots with the Scor went towards the target. The Ap2 was a little more dispersed.

After my testing I decided to add a 54 & 60 scor to replace my anser wedges. Well the scor ones arrived today. I am playing 18 tomorrow so I will write up something tomorrow night. I have been really happy with the 49 degree wedge so far. I seem to have a +/- 5 yard dispersion with them no matter how poorly I hit the ball. This is a much smaller miss hit than the u wedge with my i25's. I will keep everyone posted on the two new ones.

Callaway Rouge LS

CobraLTDx 3 wood

Ping 425 4 hybrid

Ping iCrossover 18*

Mizuno 923 Forged 5-pw

SM9 50/56/60

Ping Kushin4

They are the closest thing to perfect I've ever played with. I'm gaming the 55* and 60*, and I'll likely be bagging the 45* and 50* shortly. I'm playing the Genius 9 shafts in "firm +" with Best Grips stitch backs. The head shape is gorgeous, the feel is great, the grind is brilliant. I was hesitant with the shafts compared to the Miyazaki Protos I played when I was with Cleveland, but they're great.

10/10 for me.

Titleist TSR3 9* w/ GD UB-6 (S)
Titleist TSR2 15* & 21* w/ GD UB-7,8 (S)
Titleist u505 22* w/ Atmos Blue HB 85 (S)
Titleist T200/150 5-PW w/ Steelfiber i110 (S)
Vokey SM8 50*, 55*, 60* w/ S300
Scotty Cameron Toolbox

[quote name='jjcopeland7' timestamp='1405949285' post='9747881']
Taking my SCOR out to the course for the first time! Will have feedback afterwards.
[/quote]

Played 9 holes and had two shots with the 47*.

First was from 125. Lie was in the rough, and I would say the club slid through the rough much easier than my AP2. Hitting out of the rough is always interesting because you may or may not get great contact. I felt like it was a pretty good hit, and the ball in the air held its line nice and really went.

Take away - much easier to hit out of the rough

Second was from 116. In the middle of the fairway. Hit was seemed like a 75% shot and the look of the face being much more like a wedge than an iron, just makes you feel like it's going to be close. The ball landed about 7 feet short of the pin, one hopped and stop about 3-5 past the pin. I probably played the ball a little lower than I should have, but great result.

Take away - makes me feel like I am attacking the pin like when I use my 52*.

This club has definitely moved into my bag.

Cobra Bio Cell + with Speeder vc 7.2 tour spec
Diablo Tr Edge 13
909H 15
AP2 PX 6.0
Odyssey Metal-X #2
SCOR 47 & BV 52 & 60

Now I'm interested. I'm a picker/slider. I especially have trouble from the bunkers because I still tend to slide under the ball and when I try to really get under the ball, it usually just barely comes out or I skull it.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I didn't apply/wasn't chosen as a tester for this but thought I'd offer up my thoughts on the SCOR wedges as I've had them in my bag for about a year now. As someone who has ALWAYS had an inconsistent wedge game, I can say that these have made a dramatic difference for me. My old self would rather have had a shot from 135 or 150 than inside of 100 yards. Here lately my wedge game has been my best attribute. I have a 50/54/58 setup with DG S400's in them and the distance control/stopping ability has been great for me. I had 3 kick in birdies in my last round thanks to wedge shots that stuck, and the round before that I holed out from 74 yards with the 58.

If you're on the fence, give these a shot. They're solid performers and now that I'm starting to see some browning on my 54 and 58, I'm thinking about how I can get another set to keep for when these finally wear out.

[quote name='tbowles411' timestamp='1406039675' post='9757871']
Now I'm interested. I'm a picker/slider. I especially have trouble from the bunkers because I still tend to slide under the ball and when I try to really get under the ball, it usually just barely comes out or I skull it.
[/quote]

Out of a bunker with the 47 it's nice and/but spins a ton - if that's what you're looking for. However from greenside I nor any of the other testers can say much because well, who uses a PW out of a greenside bunker? Would love to get a couple 60's in here for review.

[quote name='LeftyForDayz' timestamp='1404324720' post='9624497']
[/quote]

As compared to my Mizuno MP32, the overall size is surprisingly smaller. As said by a few in here, its shaped more like a wedge than an iron. I've never seen an Eidolon wedge in person, but based off the pictures I've seen, the SCOR looks more compact.
[/quote]

Bob, you know SCOR came from Eidolon, right? I have two Eidolon wedges at home and two SCOR wedges too. I'll see if I can snap some pictures tonight to get some comparison shots for you.

I wanted to let this thread go a little bit before posting any comments, but I've been playing these for a few months now. I wasn't a part of the member testing technically, but basically I wanted to try out the Nippon NS Pro WV wedge shafts. I heard good things about them, so instead of ripping apart my MD2s w/ S400s, I just bought SCOR heads in 52 & 58.

Like I said, I have two Eidolon wedges and I loved the heads a few years ago when I got them. Hated the shafts though, so I lent them to a buddy and he's had them for probably two or three years. He didn't like them either and he just now gave them back. They were sitting in his garage the great majority of the time.

Anyway, everything you read about the accuracy of these wedges is 100% true. I've hit some UGLY, I mean U.G.L.Y. shots with these wedges and the results have been nothing short of shocking. Still pin high, maybe a little right or left, but I've been so much more accurate with these than I was with the MD2 wedges I had. Also hitting it further, which was surprising. That might be more in the shaft than anything else, but whatever it is, I'm loving the combination of these heads with the Nippon wedge shafts. I have the 115g in the 52 and the 125g in the 58.

Thunder, I know you were asking about spin, and from what I can tell, it's on par with the MD2s, but it lasts longer. What I mean is, after similar wear and tear with the MD2s, I don't think they spun as much as the SCOR ones do now. They seem to retain their grooves better perhaps...I'm not really sure, but this is what I've noticed. I've never been a big spinner of the ball from greenside bunkers. I almost always use my 58 from them unless there's a lot of green to work with in which case I'll drop to the 52. SCOR gets in and out of the sand great, doesn't dig at all, and doesn't bounce when opening the face a bit to get some extra height. In comparison to the MD2 wedges, the SCOR heads are smaller...much smaller IMO, but I don't consider that a bad thing. I don't necessarily want a big headed wedge.

I loved my 58C MD2 wedge as it was very, very good out of a variety of lies. The SCOR didn't disappoint here. I remembered how much I liked the V-sole and it is legit. It can get it the ground after good contact, but it comes right back out. Doesn't dig on me at all. Opening the club up does drop the face so the leading edge doesn't sit too high at all. Courses I typically play are really, really tight fairways but not hard, with thick rough around the greens and hard and fast greens. Fast like, don't be above hole...ever fast.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W