2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

The Wager...

Pigems

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last addition to the Wishon family (for this year) is built and drying in the sun. Specs: 949 mc, 17.5*, 57* lie angle, 41.5", D2 swing weight, 82 gram Wishon White S2S shaft in Stiff flex (soft stepped once).

If it performs like my 949 3 wood it will be a 'monster' bomber. Should be able to pump 200 yards out of this bad boy. ; )

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408125374' post='9942097']
Gents,

The 5 wood and shafts have made a safe arrival and will be built by tomorrow.

Here's a question . . .

I've been having severe elbow pain this summer and I'm wondering if this discomfort is connected to my move from graphite to steel. I've tried Prosoft inserts and new grips to dampen vibration, but to no avail. Am I locked in with shafts until April 1st or can I explore options?

This is not a desire to hoe more product, but rather a desire to alleviate pain so that I can continue to practice/play.

What say you?
[/quote]

PD... Got a buddy who swears by this:

[url="http://shop.performancehealth.com/product/thera-band-flexbar-red-light?cid=bing_branded_flexbar&os=PPC"]http://shop.performancehealth.com/product/thera-band-flexbar-red-light?cid=bing_branded_flexbar&os=PPC[/url]

Might have to agree Reasonability on this one. Usually we get golfer/tennis elbow because we are not in shape. Exercise and Advil might help? Ice after golf too? And best of all, Scotch taken internally! Next yr. we should looking into some Steel Fibers too? ;)

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

[quote name='Reasonability' timestamp='1408135126' post='9943167']
Gents,

Here's a question . . .

I've been having severe elbow pain this summer and I'm wondering if this discomfort is connected to my move from graphite to steel. I've tried Prosoft inserts and new grips to dampen vibration, but to no avail. Am I locked in with shafts until April 1st or can I explore options?

This is not a desire to hoe more product, but rather a desire to alleviate pain so that I can continue to practice/play.

What say you?
[/quote]

[url="http://shop.performancehealth.com/product/thera-band-flexbar-red-light?cid=bing_branded_flexbar&os=PPC"]http://shop.performa..._flexbar&os=PPC[/url]
[/quote]

I'm willing to try nearly anything. There are times when I'm griping the steering wheel and my elbows are sore. I'm striking the ball more consistently than I ever have and I don't want to be forced into an extended leave. I think the elbow issues have been created by repetitive use and a move to heavier weight steel shafts. I really like the feel and performance of the shafts, but think I need the dampening properties of graphite. I'm examining options at this point, but I don't want to break any wager rules. If a charitable donation is acceptable to all parties involved then I would be up to that option, if I have to 'tough it out' then I'll take that road as well. Either way I need to address the nagging discomfort in my arms. Life was so much easier when I was fit.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1408138219' post='9943441']
Might have to agree Reasonability on this one. Usually we get golfer/tennis elbow because we are not in shape. Exercise and Advil might help? Ice after golf too? And best of all, Scotch taken internally! Next yr. we should looking into some Steel Fibers too? ;)
[/quote]

You know I take those blue pills from time to time . . .

Naproxin Sodium works wonders for the aches and pains associate with golf.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408139421' post='9943559']
Gents,

Here's a question . . .

What say you?
[/quote]

[url="http://shop.performancehealth.com/product/thera-band-flexbar-red-light?cid=bing_branded_flexbar&os=PPC"]http://shop.performa..._flexbar&os=PPC[/url]
[/quote]

I'm willing to try nearly anything. There are times when I'm griping the steering wheel and my elbows are sore. I'm striking the ball more consistently than I ever have and I don't want to be forced into an extended leave. I think the elbow issues have been created by repetitive use and a move to heavier weight steel shafts. I really like the feel and performance of the shafts, but think I need the dampening properties of graphite. I'm examining options at this point, but I don't want to break any wager rules. If a charitable donation is acceptable to all parties involved then I would be up to that option, if I have to 'tough it out' then I'll take that road as well. Either way I need to address the nagging discomfort in my arms. Life was so much easier when I was fit.
[/quote]

Man, I feel your pain. For goodness sake, it's acceptable, dump steel shafts, donate some toonies if you want (I think a medical exemption here is ok though) and take care of the pain and further aggravation.

I'm assuming stating the "freebie" that you are also getting a medical consult and physio and/or chiro. The "Bandit" or similar might help too, it did me when I had elbow issues. An FYI that I went to steelfibres on all my irons at the beginning of the 2012 season (graphite everything else) due to basal (thumb) arthritis in both thumbs and have ever looked back. No elbow issues either come to think of it.

Don't forget the grips either. Until the last two weeks I've been using mid-size and either Winn Dri-Tac or GolfPride VDR for cushioning.

I've just installed the new GolfPride CP2 wraps in standard size on everything, what GP claims are their softest grips ever and they work for me in standard (plus the cushioning, they have less taper). They are just starting to hit GolfTown stores depending on the store. The Golfworks also has them. I went with one on trial, then the same day after a range session, cleaned out one GolfTown with the last six in stock on all but my hybrids and irons. Phoned around today and found one store 30 miles away and installed them on all clubs. Three buckets- glutton for punishment today- and my hands are fine. (Though I did pour a margarita when I came home. Hard work, dontcha know. :taunt: ).

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1408148963' post='9944299']
Gents,

Here's a question . . .

What say you?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Man, I feel your pain. For goodness sake, it's acceptable, dump steel shafts, donate some toonies if you want (I think a medical exemption here is ok though) and take care of the pain and further aggravation.

I'm assuming stating the "freebie" that you are also getting a medical consult and physio and/or chiro. The "Bandit" or similar might help too, it did me when I had elbow issues. An FYI that I went to steelfibres on all my irons at the beginning of the 2012 season (graphite everything else) due to basal (thumb) arthritis in both thumbs and have ever looked back. No elbow issues either come to think of it.

Don't forget the grips either. Until the last two weeks I've been using mid-size and either Winn Dri-Tac or GolfPride VDR for cushioning.

I've just installed the new GolfPride CP2 wraps in standard size on everything, what GP claims are their softest grips ever and they work for me in standard (plus the cushioning, they have less taper). They are just starting to hit GolfTown stores depending on the store. The Golfworks also has them. I went with one on trial, then the same day after a range session, cleaned out one GolfTown with the last six in stock on all but my hybrids and irons. Phoned around today and found one store 30 miles away and installed them on all clubs. Three buckets- glutton for punishment today- and my hands are fine. (Though I did pour a margarita when I came home. Hard work, dontcha know. :taunt: ).
[/quote]

I made a switch to steel (played graphite for the past 10 years) and played a full schedule of sim golf over the winter. This is my first full season of golf and my body's not cooperating. I used VDR's earlier this season and now have a Super Stroke grip that dampens vibration. I'd like to find a shaft that gives me the heft of steel (as my tempos been smoothed out) but the shock absorption of graphite. Steelfibers, Axe Tour X's and Wishon Red's are on the radar. I may wait until the season winds down a bit as I'm hitting my current irons well.

I need to also follow the RICE principle and regain some strength.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408151523' post='9944535']
[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1408148963' post='9944299']
Gents,

Here's a question . . .

What say you?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I made a switch to steel (played graphite for the past 10 years) and played a full schedule of sim golf over the winter. This is my first full season of golf and my body's not cooperating. I used VDR's earlier this season and now have a Super Stroke grip that dampens vibration. I'd like to find a shaft that gives me the heft of steel (as my tempos been smoothed out) but the shock absorption of graphite. Steelfibers, Axe Tour X's and Wishon Red's are on the radar. I may wait until the season winds down a bit as I'm hitting my current irons well.

I need to also follow the RICE principle and regain some strength.
[/quote]

Good luck. One more prop for steelfibres... I have no experience with the others you mentioned.... that they look unblemished from my eye after almost thrree seasons including swapping some around with wedges. (I am careful and use 14 slot bags.) I went from graphite to steel to these. They are lighter and softer flex perhaps than I needed certainly at purchase time, maybe now, but when I got them at age 61, I wanted irons and shafts to hopefully work for me through my golfing days. So far so good.

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1408124985' post='9942037']
Ya, guess I'm closest. Bout 2 hrs. for me. Nice place! Lots of courses in SW Ont. Toronto is probably another hour + from Stratford, tons of courses there! You will have np finding a nice track when you visit your sister!
[/quote][size=4][quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408124639' post='9941997'][/size]

I'm about 3 1/2 hours away and G64 is about 2 1/2 hours away. Stratford is beautiful. If you are ever making the trip and want to set up an outing I'm game. Round of golf, lunch, and an early evening Shakespearean play. Fabulous.
[/quote]

When i'm in the Stratford area I would love to hook up with you boys for a least a round. 2-3 hour drive is well worth it for me to get a chance to play with fellow WRXers and more importantly, just good people. Besides it will be a treat for me get get to play with someone who's actually heard of "Wishon". I'm, always amazed at the looks and responses I get when I tell my fellow playing partners what clubs are in my bag. Due to time restraints I might have to skip the Shakespearean play :) but I'll leave you with a poem written by a 10th cousin of Shakespeare himself. The cousin I talk about was definitely a high double digit handicap but had a way with words...

[size=2][b][i][color=black]In My Hand I Hold A Ball, White And Dimpled, Rather Small. Oh, How Bland It Does Appear, This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[size=2][b][i][color=black]By Its Size I Could Not Guess, The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.
But Since I Fell Beneath Its Spell,
I've Wandered Through The Fires Of Hell.

My Life Has Not Been Quite The Same,
Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.. [/color][color=black]It Rules My Mind For Hours On End, A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.

It Has Made Me Yell, Curse And Cry,
I Hate Myself And Want To Die..
It Promises A Thing Called Par,
If I Can Hit It Straight And Far.

To Master Such A Tiny Ball, Should Not Be Very Hard At All. But My Desires The Ball Refuses, And Does Exactly As It Chooses..

It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,
And Even Disappears Before My Eyes.
Often It Will Have A Whim, To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.

With Miles Of Grass On Which To Land,
It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand. Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul, If Only It Would Find The Hole.

It's Made Me Whimper Like A Pup, And Swear That I Will Give It Up. And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow, But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow. [/color][/i][/b][/size]

Driver: Cobra F7
Irons: Srixon 565's Steelfibers I95
3 Wood: Callaway Octane Tour 15*
Wedges:Wishon HM's SteelFiber i110
Hybrid: Cobra 20* Putter: Ping Craz-E
Bag: Sun Mountain C-130

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408203495' post='9946869']
Am I allowed to buy sticks for The Piglet??
[/quote]
[/quote]

I would say 100% yes. This is another way to get your fix.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408203793' post='9946893']
[/quote]
[/quote]

I would say 100% yes. This is another way to get your fix.
[/quote]Yes, they are for Piglet.

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

[quote name='Platoon' timestamp='1408203719' post='9946885']
Ya, guess I'm closest. Bout 2 hrs. for me. Nice place! Lots of courses in SW Ont. Toronto is probably another hour + from Stratford, tons of courses there! You will have np finding a nice track when you visit your sister!
[/quote][size=4][quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408124639' post='9941997'][/size]

I'm about 3 1/2 hours away and G64 is about 2 1/2 hours away. Stratford is beautiful. If you are ever making the trip and want to set up an outing I'm game. Round of golf, lunch, and an early evening Shakespearean play. Fabulous.
[/quote]

When i'm in the Stratford area I would love to hook up with you boys for a least a round. 2-3 hour drive is well worth it for me to get a chance to play with fellow WRXers and more importantly, just good people. Besides it will be a treat for me get get to play with someone who's actually heard of "Wishon". I'm, always amazed at the looks and responses I get when I tell my fellow playing partners what clubs are in my bag. Due to time restraints I might have to skip the Shakespearean play :) but I'll leave you with a poem written by a 10th cousin of Shakespeare himself. The cousin I talk about was definitely a high double digit handicap but had a way with words...

[size=2][b][i][color=black]In My Hand I Hold A Ball, White And Dimpled, Rather Small. Oh, How Bland It Does Appear, This Harmless Looking Little Sphere.[/color][/i][/b][/size]

[size=2][b][i][color=black]By Its Size I Could Not Guess, The Awesome Strength It Does Possess.

Since I Chose To Play This Stupid Game.. [/color][color=black]It Rules My Mind For Hours On End, A Fortune It Has Made Me Spend.

To Master Such A Tiny Ball, Should Not Be Very Hard At All. But My Desires The Ball Refuses, And Does Exactly As It Chooses..

It Finds A Tiny Patch Of Sand. Then Has Me Offering Up My Soul, If Only It Would Find The Hole.

It's Made Me Whimper Like A Pup, And Swear That I Will Give It Up. And Take To Drink To Ease My Sorrow, But The Ball Knows ... I'll Be Back Tomorrow. [/color][/i][/b][/size]
[/quote]PD, we can take Platoon to Blenheim?

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

Platoon,

We'll search for a really nice track when you make the decision to join your Brothers of the North. I'll pick G64 up on my trip down the 401. There is one catch . . . you have to swear that you're not an axe murderer : )

I should also add, what a fabulous poem. These lines speak to me.

[b][i][size="1"][color="#000000"]It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,
Often It Will Have A Whim, To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.[/color][/size][/i][/b]

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1408204141' post='9946911']
[quote name='Platoon' timestamp='1408203719' post='9946885']

[/quote]

[/quote]PD, we can take Platoon to Blenheim?
[/quote]

Or use the opportunity to find a beautiful track somewhere in between that we've never played. Endless possibilities.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408204145' post='9946913']
Platoon,

We'll search for a really nice track when you make the decision to join your Brothers of the North. I'll pick G64 up on my trip down the 401. There is one catch . . . you have to swear that you're not an axe murderer : )

I should also add, what a fabulous poem. These lines speak to me.

[b][i][size=1][color=#000000]It Hooks And Slices, Dribbles And Dies,
Often It Will Have A Whim, To Hit A Tree Or Take A Swim.[/color][/size][/i][/b]
[/quote] Ya, Platoon, PD hates Axe murderers. Had to take a polygraph just play golf with PD?!?!

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

[/quote]

Over the years I've made a lot of good and bad decisions on equipment but the absolutely best decision I ever made was going to the SteelFibers! I don't know what I'll have in my bag in the next 5 years but I do know the irons will have Aerotech shafts. Can't recommend them enough.

Fewf... I couldn't remember and I saw these at a yard sale for $10, so I snagged them and hoped for the best lol

I'm gonna set the long irons up for The Piglets height and have the lofts weakened a few degrees. They have a unified steel shafts so I'm hoping they won't be to stiff for him.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408204705' post='9946973']
Fewf... I couldn't remember and I saw these at a yard sale for $10, so I snagged them and hoped for the best lol

I'm gonna set the long irons up for The Piglets height and have the lofts weakened a few degrees. They have a unified steel shafts so I'm hoping they won't be to stiff for him.
[/quote]

He'll have no issue getting them up to fly. Ample forgiveness. I so badly wanted a set of Big Bertha's when I was younger but I was flat broke.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Platoon' timestamp='1408204618' post='9946967']
[/quote]

Over the years I've made a lot of good and bad decisions on equipment but the absolutely best decision I ever made was going to the SteelFibers! I don't know what I'll have in my bag in the next 5 years but I do know the irons will have Aerotech shafts. Can't recommend them enough.
[/quote]

Kadin's going to send me a few options to test and I'm probably going to have the heads sent back to be rebuilt with graphite shafts.

Somewhere in the space time continuum a 25 year old PD is laughing at the weak 35 year old man he's become.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Got out for a quick 18 at the short track today as its supposed to thunder and rain this afternoon. Shot a nice 65(+5) but couldn't hit a green to save my life, I've been playing around with shot shaping a bit and I'm starting to get better but still not there yet lol. This Cally 56* with the MD grooves is a spin machine like hole crap, I spun one ball clear off the green, it's going to take some getting used to but I do like it. It even spins on short little chips and nearly stops dead where it lands.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408205051' post='9946991']
[quote name='Platoon' timestamp='1408204618' post='9946967']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Kadin's going to send me a few options to test and I'm probably going to have the heads sent back to be rebuilt with graphite shafts.

Somewhere in the space time continuum a 25 year old PD is laughing at the weak 35 year old man he's become.
[/quote]Wait till you get my age?!?! lol

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408286243' post='9951089']
Got out for a quick 18 at the short track today as its supposed to thunder and rain this afternoon. Shot a nice 65(+5) but couldn't hit a green to save my life, I've been playing around with shot shaping a bit and I'm starting to get better but still not there yet lol. This Cally 56* with the MD grooves is a spin machine like hole crap, I spun one ball clear off the green, it's going to take some getting used to but I do like it. It even spins on short little chips and nearly stops dead where it lands.
[/quote]

[color=#282828]So what happened on 17? When I see a bridie and zero putts it has to be good...[/color]

[quote name='Platoon' timestamp='1408296149' post='9951735']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408286243' post='9951089']
[/quote]

[color=#282828]So what happened on 17? When I see a bridie and zero putts it has to be good...[/color]
[/quote]

Haha I chipped in from about 5-6ft off the green, no need for the putter on that hole, the short game and the flat stick saved me a few times today :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

In keeping the direction of the thread going in the right direction. Maybe we should have a little wager on our round. Winner gets beverage of his choice when the round is over. Me and PD shoot similar rounds but G64 clearly has an advantage on the handicaps. Maybe I could pick up a Toronto Tampon hat autographed by Darcy Tucker [size=4]at customs just to even the handicaps out :)[/size]

Nothing Toronto is allowed in my house. lol PD and I play 2 man scramble for drinks when we get together. Fun times! Going to try again next week. Off to CP LPGA Canadian Open tomorrow. ;) Went last time it was in London. Could be an LPGA groupie easily! Lots of good looking women there! ;)

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 3W

TM Sim2 4H

Srixon ZX5 MKII 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR