The Wager...

Pigems

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408805333' post='9992973']
Wow this looks even more like my Ping then even I thought. There almost like twins lol

It's also gone now, I was told to "Give HER, HER club back!" lol
[/quote]

They do look very similar cosmetically, but the offset is apparent and the Callaway appears a tad bit larger. I like the fact that you never have to worry about a chipped topline with these designs.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the stage I'm at now as well, trying to figure out all my gaps and yardages for each club. That's why I dropped the 3 iron because it was to close to my hybrid and I wanted another short club inside of my sand wedge.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

My inability to purchase product has pushed me toward the putter section of the Forum. I've been 'window shopping'. I like the look of so many putters on the market right now. I really like the look of Low Tide and Kenny G putters, and there seems to be endless possibilities if I were to choose a Byron Morgan or Machine. There are a few putters in the last few pages of the Machine thread (not to mention the new hosel design) that are simply stunning.

It's going to be a long winter.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

So you are not going to believe this lol. I got home from my drive with the wife this morning and as we pull into the driveway she looks at me and says "Go ahead" with a smile, I says " go ahead what?", she says "you know what". So quickly ran into the house and grabs my clubs and went off for a quick 9 holes.

I get there and there and there ends up being an old couple in front of me in there late 60's to early 70's who were not moving to fast on the first hole and a pair of 13yo kids behind me who I noticed were eyeing my bag as we were all waiting to start. So I offered them to join me for the round depending as it looked like it would be a slow one and they accepted. The one kid looked like he was a golfer, all decked out in callaway with a RZR Fit Xtreme driver and the other kid looked like it was his first round ever.

So as we're about to start, the Callaway kid says " hey you wanna play a match, our best ball against your score, For $5??". I didn't know what to say at first, I've never been challenged to a match on the course before lol. So I accepted their challenge on the condition that it was not for money, but just for fun. Turns out the Callaway kid was a pretty good golfer, they shot 44 combined to my 41(which was brutal lol, it was winding and ihit driver into the next fairway twice and had to take unplayable lies), but it was a fun round and both of them were good sports when they were up and down. But yeah, first time I've ever been challenged to a match on the course ever, and by kids lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408812688' post='9993487']
My inability to purchase product has pushed me toward the putter section of the Forum. I've been 'window shopping'. I like the look of so many putters on the market right now. I really like the look of Low Tide and Kenny G putters, and there seems to be endless possibilities if I were to choose a Byron Morgan or Machine. There are a few putters in the last few pages of the Machine thread (not to mention the new hosel design) that are simply stunning.

It's going to be a long winter.
[/quote]

Dude, it's going to be a reeaalllly loooonng winter lol, thank god for similar golf :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Another £25 goes down the pot for me :( I've got to replace my driving licence as I've lost the sodding card! I've also now lost my passport but I'm pretty sure its in my room or in the kitchen somewhere as I had it last week..........

My only ID for drinking is now my shotgun certificate and I'm screwed if I lose that one!

At least its not going to be spent on golf clubs :D

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1408811795' post='9993427']
Pigs, 50, 54, 58. Love this combo!
[/quote]

I tried 52 58 at the beginning of the season but 52 56 60 just seems to fit my swing and my eye better for whatever reason.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408821572' post='9994131']
[/quote]

I tried 52 58 at the beginning of the season but 52 56 60 just seems to fit my swing and my eye better for whatever reason.
[/quote]

$8?

I like that combo too (bent one degree stronger for the GW, SW). Mind you, my PW is closer to your 9 iron than your PW, assuming your 712's are stock lofts.
Wait a minute - that means you have an extra wedge in the bag ...another toonie SVP. :taunt:

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1408826903' post='9994483']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408821572' post='9994131']
[/quote]

[/quote]

$8?

I like that combo too (bent one degree stronger for the GW, SW). Mind you, my PW is closer to your 9 iron than your PW, assuming your 712's are stock lofts.
Wait a minute - that means you have an extra wedge in the bag ...another toonie SVP. :taunt:
[/quote]

Haha They are stock lofts so the pw is 47* and Im up to date on my Twoonies i think ;)

My 3 iron came out for the 60*- $2
Swapped out 52* and 56* wedges - $4
Swapped out Driver - $2

For a Total of $8 :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408821178' post='9994085']
So you are not going to believe this lol. I got home from my drive with the wife this morning and as we pull into the driveway she looks at me and says "Go ahead" with a smile, I says " go ahead what?", she says "you know what". So quickly ran into the house and grabs my clubs and went off for a quick 9 holes.

I get there and there and there ends up being an old couple in front of me in there late 60's to early 70's who were not moving to fast on the first hole and a pair of 13yo kids behind me who I noticed were eyeing my bag as we were all waiting to start. So I offered them to join me for the round depending as it looked like it would be a slow one and they accepted. The one kid looked like he was a golfer, all decked out in callaway with a RZR Fit Xtreme driver and the other kid looked like it was his first round ever.

So as we're about to start, the Callaway kid says " hey you wanna play a match, our best ball against your score, For $5??". I didn't know what to say at first, I've never been challenged to a match on the course before lol. So I accepted their challenge on the condition that it was not for money, but just for fun. Turns out the Callaway kid was a pretty good golfer, they shot 44 combined to my 41(which was brutal lol, it was winding and ihit driver into the next fairway twice and had to take unplayable lies), but it was a fun round and both of them were good sports when they were up and down. But yeah, first time I've ever been challenged to a match on the course ever, and by kids lol
[/quote]

I wager this is the first wager in the thread outside of the wager.

I think it's great the kids had some moxy and game to boot, I think it's better you took their money. You can pay down your debt.

Also, your wife gives you an advantage in this race. Beware the sleeper pick Nuggets.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Nuggets' timestamp='1408842557' post='9995551']
I have no wife or girlfriend (currently).........is that an advantage or disadvantage ?
[/quote]

I'd have to give serious thought to this question. I think I'd be in trouble if I were a single.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408843400' post='9995615']
[quote name='Nuggets' timestamp='1408842557' post='9995551']
I have no wife or girlfriend (currently).........is that an advantage or disadvantage ?
[/quote]

I'd have to give serious thought to this question. I think I'd be in trouble if I were a single.
[/quote]

+1 to that, if i was single i would have been out on the first day lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408842150' post='9995513']

[/quote]

I think it's great the kids had some moxy and game to boot, I think it's better you took their money. You can pay down your debt.

Also, your wife gives you an advantage in this race. Beware the sleeper pick Nuggets.
[/quote]

So im feeling somewhat guilty this morning because I let my wife buy that club yesterday, Should I be out for letting her buy it?

Also, I wager that you are correct about the wagering sir.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408882421' post='9997103']

[/quote]

[/quote]

So im feeling somewhat guilty this morning because I let my wife buy that club yesterday, Should I be out for letting her buy it?

[/quote]

Pigs, we already established this as a condition of the wager. If you can negotiate a gift then more power to you. Do you think I'm going to feel guilty if I can convince my wife to purchase a custom Machine putter for Christmas? It would take a small miracle for me to pull off that feat. It's easy for me to purchase my own product, but much more difficult to justify my 'need' for a $600 putter when I already own 4.

Hit that steal without remorse my friend.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408889195' post='9997415']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Pigs, we already established this as a condition of the wager. If you can negotiate a gift then more power to you. Do you think I'm going to feel guilty if I can convince my wife to purchase a custom Machine putter for Christmas? It would take a small miracle for me to pull off that feat. It's easy for me to purchase my own product, but much more difficult to justify my 'need' for a $600 putter when I already own 4.

[/quote]

And, though I'm out, I concur that it was agreed upon (but it's a thin line and a slippery slope once started.... )

However, if you really get the itch to buy something, you could gift it to me. I'd certainly fight that that didn't count against you.
G30 7 wood would be nice. I'm sure GT online can do alternate shipping addresses. :taunt:

OK I feel a bit better now about it, I knew we negotiated that section of the rules earlier on. I guess I just wanted to make sure I was still on the right side of that thin little line ;)

Thanks for the reassurance fellas :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1408889815' post='9997435']
[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1408889195' post='9997415']

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And, though I'm out, I concur that it was agreed upon (but it's a thin line and a slippery slope once started.... )

However, if you really get the itch to buy something, you could gift it to me. I'd certainly fight that that didn't count against you.
G30 7 wood would be nice. I'm sure GT online can do alternate shipping addresses. :taunt:
[/quote]

You were [size=1][i]this close [/i][/size]to earning a gift from the PD, but then you left and now you've been leap frogged by Nuggets.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

Just to prove a point I asked my wife if she'd purchase a Machine putter for me for Christmas. I showed her a picture and she responded,"that's nice". I then told her the price range and she responded, "you don't need a putter that's that expensive, you're just not that good". To which I responded . . . "play nice".

She's totally right on all fronts, but we'll keep that little nugget hidden within this thread with the big Nugget.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

So this morning the in laws came by to pick up The Piglet and take him to moncton for the last week of summer(yay :) ) and my FIL dropped this into my hands as he walks into the house. Said his freind was there to watch the tournament and brought a couple back for him, so he gave me one. This has been a great weekend so far. But it's off to my sisters baby shower now...lol

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Personally, PD, I would put that $600 towards that new snow blower you want?! Pigs, can you make an 8am tee time tomorrow? PD and I are playing @ The Links.

Ping Hoofer

Ping G430 Max 10.5* 

Ping G430 Max 3/7W

Ping BPS 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1408895772' post='9997793']
Personally, PD, I would put that $600 towards that new snow blower you want?! Pigs, can you make an 8am tee time tomorrow? PD and I are playing @ The Links.
[/quote]

Now that's a 'need' that I think my wife will support. If not I'm putting a snow shovel in her hand and she gets to shovel the end of the driveway after the plow comes by.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408896135' post='9997821']
How many hours drive is it from here?? Can I make it if I ditch my wife at this baby shower and leave right now?? ;)
[/quote]

Support your sister, wife and the baby to be. You don't want the gifts to run dry.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1408896207' post='9997829']
Yeah I would have a really hard time dropping $600 on a putter, that's a lot of dough :)
[/quote]Had hard enough time with $330 for my SC. Had to buy the wife one too to get one. lol

Ping Hoofer

Ping G430 Max 10.5* 

Ping G430 Max 3/7W

Ping BPS 5-PW

SM10 50, 56*

SC Phantom 5.5

TM TR

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅