2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Wager...

Pigems

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a couple swings from yesterdays round. You can kind of see in front of me there how the floor is tilted back away from the screen and the balls all gather up on either side so the machine can load them up. Then you just tap the button and the arm swings out and tees the ball up for you :)

http://youtu.be/NPfwYBsgoV0

http://youtu.be/EuOAJYcayzQ

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='myspinonit' timestamp='1421559572' post='10768077']
Hey, less than 21/2 months away from April 1. Have you guys thought about some fireworks for presumably the end of this thread? I think it should be special and worth some thought. Just sayin'.
[/quote]

That's a good thought, Hmmm, how to close this thing off with a bang??

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421537931' post='10766155']
[quote name='Gauchograd99' timestamp='1421533845' post='10765851']
[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1421499892' post='10763203']
Ok, looking at your numbers something doesn't look right. 105 mph SS should get 160+ ball speed. You have 140 ball speed. Something doesn't seem right!? Your launch is still way too low?! Should be 12-14*, not 7*.
[/quote]

My SS is in the 106-109 range and I never seem to get to 155 ball speed even on center punched shots. Either the meter is a bit "hot" or something in the calculation is off. I am usually around 1.42-1.45 for smash factor... not sure how much better it could get.
[/quote]

What kind of carry/total/Launch angle do you get? I rarely see a ball speed over 149/150. Most times it's between 139-145.
[/quote]

Launch angle is around 11-12, carry 250-255, total 270-280. I used to get out a little farther (283 avg) but the one thing I know is that the launch monitor and I playing in real life don't match up. I chart all my yardages on course and I have been averaging around 275 with a long of 330 (downwind and a good bounce). Besides, those monitors have the special marked balls for use. I tried one that you can use any ball on and I am not sure what factor they have in it but it shows my 6 iron at 82 degrees and driver at 100. Every other meter out there has me at 92-93 for the 6 iron and 108-109 for the driver. Then again, I wonder when they last calibrated those low measuring meters... the other one I know is calibrated weekly.

[quote name='Golf64' timestamp='1421613856' post='10771197']
What did you shoot? To bag those irons and keep your ring, you need to break 80 every time. ;)
[/quote]

Sweet, I'm back in! I shot a 77 :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Apparently my scoring has gone north of the border... last 4 rounds are 84-83-84-83, all at CrossCreek. Once I hit fairways (hit 12/14 last time), I end up with a crap short game (36 putts). When I cannot hit fairways, all of a sudden I can putt. Time for me to hit a different, and closer, course that I play well. That 70 mile drive each way is a bit rough on me and on the pocketbook. :)

SO... January is here and new gear is showing up at the PGA show. Anyone starting to shake?? :)

Ty sir, there was even some added pressure on this round. The top 16 scores on this course(from the tips and on faster greens) at the end of the month compete for prize money in a one day tourny on the 31st. 1st is $500, 2nd is $300 and 3rd is $100. I'm curious to see how I play under that kind of pressure if my score holds up by months end :)

I've never played for any amount of money before lol

StuiSink, the -8 leader is one of the top nova Scotia amateurs though I do believe, so beating him is most likely out of play lol.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Funny story about that. Buddy of mine's son lost his car keys 2.5 yrs. ago. His new GF loses her keys all the time, so he put up a box on a shelf for her keys. Next day, his old car keys appeared. No one fessed up to who put them there. His kids can't reach the shelf to put them in there. He thought they were flushed down the toilet by his son. Weird!

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 10.5* 

TM Sim2 4H

TM P790 5-AW

TM MG1 54/60*

SC NP

TM SS

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

Well its official, there is no more distance to be had out of my driver, it is what it is. I went over tonight determined to get this club dialed it. Which I think I have to the best it's going to be. Ended up with two straps of lead tape on the head and tried EVERYTHING to get launch angle up, and I mean EVERYTHING! Ball forward, ball forward more, ball in front of front foot completely, ball farther away, ball closer, every different loft setting. Hitting up in ball, hitting up on the ball more, every different tee height(35,40,45,50mm), I ever spread my stance way out wider than normal. This is it, this is how I hit a driver and this is the distance I hit it. I'm satisfied for now until I get fit anyways that I'm getting the most out of my driver. Even when I did hit the ball higher with more launch, it's didn't really go much farther if any. The higher balls with less roll out basically canceled out most of the extra carry because it rolled less after it landed. On the plus side it was a good chance to really get to know my driver :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421692420' post='10777161']
I still have the spare keys to every vehicle I've ever owned, not that there were many(only 2 actually). In case I ever see them again some day ;)
[/quote]

I have actually managed to lock myself out while reminding myself "don't lose the keys, don't lose the keys..."

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421798922' post='10786543']
Well its official, there is no more distance to be had out of my driver, it is what it is. I went over tonight determined to get this club dialed it. Which I think I have to the best it's going to be. Ended up with two straps of lead tape on the head and tried EVERYTHING to get launch angle up, and I mean EVERYTHING! Ball forward, ball forward more, ball in front of front foot completely, ball farther away, ball closer, every different loft setting. Hitting up in ball, hitting up non ball more, every different tee height(35,40,45,50mm). This is it, this is how I hit a driver and this is the distance I hit it. I'm satisfied for now until I get fit anyways that I'm getting the most out of my driver. Even when I did hit the ball higher with more launch, it's didn't really go much farther if any. The higher balls with less roll out basically canceled out most of the extra carry because it rolled less after it landed. On the plus side it was a good chance to really get to know my driver :)
[/quote]

Hey, Pigs, at least you experimented and found out for
yourself. You know you can hit it high or low when you
want to depending on the conditions.

Main thing is hitting playable drives and not wayward ones
that bring in penalties.A few yards is not gonna matter as
much as accuracy does. How do you like the dispersion
with the PL Blue?

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1421800786' post='10786735']
Well its official, there is no more distance to be had out of my driver, it is what it is. I went over tonight determined to get this club dialed it. Which I think I have to the best it's going to be. Ended up with two straps of lead tape on the head and tried EVERYTHING to get launch angle up, and I mean EVERYTHING! Ball forward, ball forward more, ball in front of front foot completely, ball farther away, ball closer, every different loft setting. Hitting up in ball, hitting up non ball more, every different tee height(35,40,45,50mm). This is it, this is how I hit a driver and this is the distance I hit it. I'm satisfied for now until I get fit anyways that I'm getting the most out of my driver. Even when I did hit the ball higher with more launch, it's didn't really go much farther if any. The higher balls with less roll out basically canceled out most of the extra carry because it rolled less after it landed. On the plus side it was a good chance to really get to know my driver :)
[/quote]

with the PL Blue?
[/quote]

I really like it, when I put the same swing on it, the ball goes in the exact same place, at one point there towards the end I hit 3 or 4 in almost exactly the same place on the same line. I like the heavier weight, it feels much more stable and I can't over power it like I could other shafts. I was really laying into it at times tonight and not once did it flinch or feel soft like other shafts have. I almost want to try them in my fairways now. Maybe in the future :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421801448' post='10786807']
[/quote]

with the PL Blue?
[/quote]

I really like it, when I put the same swing on it, the ball goes in the exact same place, at one point there towards the end I hit 3 or 4 in almost exactly the same place on the same line. I like the heavier weight, it feels much more stable and I can't over power it like I could other shafts. I was really laying into it at times tonight and not once did it flinch or feel soft like other shafts have. I almost want to try them in my fairways now. Maybe in the future :)
[/quote]

Awesome! I really like mine though I have the 65S old man shaft,
lol. Same thing for me. I can swing as hard as I want and that gives
me confidence. I've been driving the ball well this year though the
rest of my game has been sucking, haha.

I just ran out of likes. I'll send some y'alls way when I get some
back, lol.

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1421802089' post='10786895']
[/quote]

with the PL Blue?
[/quote]

[/quote]

back, lol.
[/quote]

Don't feel too bad, Conrad. I've seen many kids much younger than I that can't actually load an S flex adequately, even the stock shafts. And some of these kids are pretty athletic. ;)

[/quote]

with the PL Blue?
[/quote]

[/quote]

back, lol.
[/quote]

After the wager I will most likely pick up a 65s just to see, it never hurts to try :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421803884' post='10787085']
[/quote]

with the PL Blue?
[/quote]

[/quote]

back, lol.
[/quote]

After the wager I will most likely pick up a 65s just to see, it never hurts to try :)
[/quote]

You'll get a higher launch but might spin it too much. But...the shafts are
cheap so WTH. I have a 12 degree G15 on it and I hit it pretty high but
it doesn't balloon or anything. I also have one in a 10.5 Rapture V2 head
but The G15 is more forgiving; which was surprising as the V2 is supposed
to be the more forgiving of the two but punishes mishits more. The V2
is longer though when you flush it...but I like the forgiveness of the G15.

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1421804724' post='10787201']

You'll get a higher launch but might spin it too much. But...the shafts are
cheap so WTH. I have a 12 degree G15 on it and I hit it pretty high but
it doesn't balloon or anything. I also have one in a 10.5 Rapture V2 head
but The G15 is more forgiving; which was surprising as the V2 is supposed
to be the more forgiving of the two but punishes mishits more. The V2
is longer though when you flush it...but I like the forgiveness of the G15.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking and most likely the case, but like you said, there fairly cheap as far as shafts go so WTH not eh?? I've always liked a good experiment :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421805426' post='10787313']
Well, being satisfied with my driver didn't last long lol
[/quote]

Well the PL Red is cheap, lol, and tip stiff. You can do what G64
recommends and go higher loft with a PL Red.....but then you
gotta wait til April! I wouldn't go X with a PL Red though unless
you get angry with the gophers on the course. :good:

[quote name='lucascole23' timestamp='1421806607' post='10787443']
Are you going to buy another one pigs? Tempted?
[/quote]

Naw I'm good with this one for now, I can wait until April 1st. I've already got my post Wager purchases all mapped out lol. And X2 Hot 3h(yeah we're back in love again), an Optiforce 460 head, an SM4 60* wedge and that's all I've got planned for now. :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Conrad1953' timestamp='1421806650' post='10787451']
[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1421805426' post='10787313']
Well, being satisfied with my driver didn't last long lol
[/quote]

Well the PL Red is cheap, lol, and tip stiff. You can do what G64
recommends and go higher loft with a PL Red.....but then you
gotta wait til April! I wouldn't go X with a PL Red though unless
you get angry with the gophers on the course. :good:
[/quote]

I hit moonballs with the 12* SLDR so maybe that would make a good mate with a PL Red :D

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2