2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

The Wager...

Pigems

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422537096' post='10840193']
Now in really starting to question the length of my irons. I just spent 20 min with my PW downstairs(I'm off today) choking up almost a full inch and this is the results. Hmmmmm....
[/quote]

Why not? My wrist to floor measurement gives me a 5 iron length of about 37" on the dot, and it seems to be much more conducive to better mechanics. I have the coordination to hit longer shafts, but at that length, my naturally flatter plane gets a bit too flat, and I lose club head speed. The "whooses" on best swings are audibly different, and higher in pitch at the shorter playing length.

Well I was over at GT myself today, lots of new gear out. My wife had told me to go ahead and pick something out as its been a rough past few weeks at work and she though I deserved something new. So I'm thinking, Sweeeeet, but also thinking there would most likely be nothing there of interest now that I've got a free pass. You'll never guess the deal I got lol. X2 Hot 19* 3h non pro hybrid, demo version marked down to $75, after trade in I got the club and headcover, a sleeve of Supersoft's, and a sleeve of TM Project (a)'s for $0.99 after trade in. Then she waived the $0.99 and I walked out with no money exchanged. So my wife got me a free gift today lol. So all in all, it's been a good day off :)

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422556077' post='10842277']
Well I was over at GT myself today, lots of new gear out. My wife had told me to go ahead and pick something out as its been a rough past few weeks at work and she though I deserved something new. So I'm thinking, Sweeeeet, but also thinking there would most likely be nothing there of interest now that I've got a free pass. You'll never guess the deal I got lol. X2 Hot 19* 3h non pro hybrid, demo version marked down to $75, after trade in I got the club and headcover, a sleeve of Supersoft's, and a sleeve of TM Project (a)'s for $0.99 after trade in. Then she waived the $0.99 and I walked out with no money exchanged. So my wife got me a free gift today lol. So all in all, it's been a good day off :)
[/quote]

I officially don't understand this wager! :)

[quote name='HitEmTrue' timestamp='1422556388' post='10842303']
[/quote]

I officially don't understand this wager! :)
[/quote]

Gift clubs were deemed acceptable and my wife has for whatever reason been extremely generous on the gift front over the past 2 months. But I'm not about to question it lol, if she wants to buy me clubs, I'll just keep on saying thank you with a smile :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I am starting to think that the wager has been corrupted through the "good deeds" of spouses and friends. You Canadians were supposed to show us Yanks the value of sticking to your guns and not giving in to deals and circumventing your own rules. Now ... *sniff*... I don't know what to say anymore. The system has been corrupted and the wager has lost it's way, and it is time for a change! You almost sound like American politicians with your ways to get around buying things, and that corruption must end NOW!
*Audience standing ovation*

Ok, enough movie-like speeches designed to win awards ... We need an update on the side bet!! How many changes have been made and how many "Toonies" (well, more like "Buck and a half's") are you giving to charity at this point?? :)

[quote name='HitEmTrue' timestamp='1422557073' post='10842389']
hmmm

So PeanutsDaddy could "give" you a club? And you could "give" him one?

Or you could "give" your wife some money, or a new diamond ring, and she could "give" you some clubs?

Seems very fishy to me.

I was really hoping you'd tell that April had arrived.
[/quote]

Pigems asked specifically about that very question, and the consensus was that a gift was acceptable. Legal loop hole. ;)

[/quote]

Nice score! Oh oh. Callaway is going to throw you off the bus though for grabbing the Project (a).

I bought a doz (2 doz in total?) of the Project (a) last Fall, didn't like em much, didn't hate 'em really either have may half doz still. Didn't feel crisp to me when I hit them if that makes sense.

I should probably pony up a bit more for new ball types to buy them in sleeves to try, if availably is in a sleeve.

Funny, I just don't get along with a lot of hyped balls, though I realize I'm a slow swingspeed. I was a faster transition not that long ago that belied some of that, trying to work now on better tempo and transition. Still have some of the following that I tried out partly from hype and didn't go so well:
E6- older stock on hand. No feel after driver.
ZStar- several years old. Found them to spin to much, slice off driver at least.
Chrome: Felt soft and spinny. Didn't seem to go my usual distance though no question stuck on greens.
FGTours- grabbed about 3 doz of those (yellow) on GT close-out great price after GWRX hype. Feel like rocks, not soft to me. Even burned some on the range.
Chrome+- felt like rocks. Funny as the Chrome felt too soft, and I hit the Hex Black fine though they felt hard.
Gamer from a couple of years ago- ok but not as good for me for bargain than the Diablo HX Tours on closeout. Gamers don't feel as good for short game to me than the 2 piece NXT Tour or even the Diablo HX Tour. That said, I have a fe gamers and maybe I should try them in early wet season, haven't hit one for a bit.

Diablo HX Tours- speaking of which- Still have maybe three doz of those that I got when GT was blowing out 2 doz packs a couple of years ago. They were my gamer ball mostly when they were something like $30 a doz, on rec from a pro I knew. They aren't that much off the NXT Tour in feel IMO, though not quite. No prob playing them anytime.

NXT Tours and the one-hit wonder Prov1s I get from a guy for $20 a doz are still my go gamers. Have played the NXT Tour (s) but it doesn't feel as good to me.

Of course after all is said, it's probably all in my head.

I only grabbed the balls because I had to much trade credit. I got 2 kinds because I want to compare them to the Wilson 50 Elite I'm using now side by side. I like the soft balls for how they feel on the club face.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422558256' post='10842509']
I only grabbed the balls because I had to much trade credit. I got 2 kinds because I want to compare them to the Wilson 50 Elite I'm using now side by side. I like the soft balls for how they feel on the club face.
[/quote]
I get that. I just took a segue thought. I probably was carried away reflecting on PD's earlier post about having 7 doz of the FT Tours on hand and how everybody seemed to rave about them being a great ball but soft but they felt the opposite to me. Maybe I should get "carried away" from this chair and get some stretching done that I've been putting off playing on this darned Mac. :taunt:

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422558508' post='10842545']
I don't like a "clicky" ball either, I find pro v's much to "clicky" and hard for my likeing. But I'm sure Its also Just in my head lol.
[/quote]
Funny, eh? I love the PV1 feel on all clubs, esp on touch shots...and agree with Titleist that's where fitting should start. And I'm a low 80's speed, not even in your time zone. The 4 time zones we are away apparently for golfspeed too!

I'm telling you Pigs, Chrome soft or Super Soft are the best bang for the buck out there right now. BTW boys, I am the ONLY one that never bought/gifted/changed anything in my bag all during this 'Wager'. Just sayin' :)

Ping Hoofer

TM Sim2 10.5* 

TM Sim2 4H

TM P790 5-AW

TM MG1 54/60*

SC NP

TM SS

Super Bowl LII Champions Fly Eagles Fly! 🦅

I played both in the summer but I was using my Jaws MD wedge at the time and it chewed covers off both of them, but I did like the balls. So know that the Jaws is gone I can try them again. I think I liked the P(a) better last time.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422565321' post='10843281']
I played both in the summer but I was using my Jaws MD wedge at the time and it chewed covers off both of them, but I did like the balls. So know that the Jaws is gone I can try them again. I think I liked the P(a) better last time.
[/quote]

I'm REALLY looking forward to playing this ball. Looks very promising and I know I'm going to like the added spin for partial wedges. TBD, however, will be the user friendliness off of the tee.

I remember really liking the p(a) off the driver, felt nice. Also liked it around greens, almost a little too spinny sometimes. But that could have been the wedge too so this is why I'd like to test again come spring.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

When it comes to play around the greens, I'm either taking the high route, or the very low route. Anytime I can keep it low and running, I'll do that. But if I have to go up top, I'll take all the spin I can get. I'm going to start stalking golf stores for more of these balls. 4 dozen and I feel like I'm short changing myself, lol. I'm literally afraid that after testing I'm going to end up loving them, then not able to find them anywhere. LOL. Golf panic mode!

[size="3"][color="#000000"]A club building blunder.[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"] [/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]I purchased an oil filled heater to keep me warm in the garage. I’m in the middle of pulling a head with my heat gun and everything goes dark in the garage. I’ve checked my panel and there isn’t a thrown breaker. I’m turned the main breaker off and on. I still have no power. What’s worse; the fridge is not working either. Any clue what I might be dealing with here? Other than a headache and a set of heads that I can’t pull and shafts that I can’t prep.[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]Here’s a positive . . . I haven’t lost my Internet connection and can still visit my WRX brothers and sisters : )[/color][/size]

[size="3"][color="#000000"]PS – the PeanutsMommy is stressed so please help me troubleshoot.[/color][/size]

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422577559' post='10844843']
[size=3][color=#000000]A club building blunder.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]I purchased an oil filled heater to keep me warm in the garage. I’m in the middle of pulling a head with my heat gun and everything goes dark in the garage. I’ve checked my panel and there isn’t a thrown breaker. I’m turned the main breaker off and on. I still have no power. What’s worse; the fridge is not working either. Any clue what I might be dealing with here? Other than a headache and a set of heads that I can’t pull and shafts that I can’t prep.[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]Here’s a positive . . . I haven’t lost my Internet connection and can still visit my WRX brothers and sisters : )[/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#000000]PS – the PeanutsMommy is stressed so please help me troubleshoot.[/color][/size]

[/quote]

PD, what parts of the house do and dont have power?? Did you click on and off all of the individual breaker switches?? Sometimes they dont quite look like there tripped but they are. If all the breakers are in the on position and your still not getting power its possible that the breaker itself "broke", it doesnt happen a lot, but it does happen sometimes. In which case a quick call to the electrician and bobs your Uncle. Let me Know if theres anything I can do to help out, maybe its just something simple.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Pigs,

I flipped every breaker one at a time and then the main breaker. I thought it might be a trippered plug but can't find one. Totally bamboozled.

Cobra King F9 10.5*
Cobra F9 14.5*
Cobra 18.5*
Adams Super S Hybrids 22*, 25*
NCW 24*, 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*
Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)
Bradley, Geom, Machine, Mannkrafted, Ping, Rife, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon

[quote name='PeanutsDaddy' timestamp='1422579043' post='10845027']
Pigs,

I flipped every breaker one at a time and then the main breaker. I thought it might be a trippered plug but can't find one. Totally bamboozled.
[/quote]

Im thinking the breaker has broke, call an electrician company and explain the issues your having and they may even be able to help you right over the phone. If at all possible wait until daytime to call them to come fix it, night time/after hours service calls are more expensive.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

[quote name='Pigems' timestamp='1422568022' post='10843665']
I think there is supposed be a new P(a) ball this year isn't there??
[/quote]

I don't know to be honest for either the Supersoft or the P(a). Hopefully, it will be essentially the same ball as I'll be pretty PO'd if I end up loving the older version and the newer version is markedly different.